Sign in to follow this  
Mysticpuma

Footage captured by JG4_Karaya in the first Beta Release Candidate.

Following work by the beta testers a few issues were found (and now resolved) and there will be hopefully one final build to test and then we should be ready (pending any show stopping bugs) to release v4.5.

This footage shows an attack by Beaufighters on a group of He-111's (including a little more resistance from the He-111 DM) followed by landing the Beaufighter (landscape and runway detail).

• Upvote 2

great new stuff, love the damage model, don't you think those HE111 wings came off to easy though? Also I haven't seen any Mirrors footage working?

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

great new stuff, love the damage model, don't you think those HE111 wings came off to easy though? Also I haven't seen any Mirrors footage working?

Beaufighter was the most heavily armed Allied Fighter/Heavy Fighter of WWII with four Hispano cannon grouped in the nose and six .303 MGs.

When you hit a target with that amount of weaponry it will cause damage.

Also, Karaya, who is the flyer in this video is one of the best, if not best online flyers in CLIFFS OF DOVER and has exceptional gunnery skills.

Edited by Buzzsaw

Karaya was limited by the League of Nations to a 7,9 mm maximum and one 500 hp engine - who gave a Bofighter to that man?

Edited by 216th_Retnek
  • Upvote 2

Took another look and really impressed. Looks and sounds great. MGs sound cool and tracers are represented well. Any way to model the gunsight illumination like it was shown in the early promo vid?

Beaufighter was the most heavily armed Allied Fighter/Heavy Fighter of WWII with four Hispano cannon grouped in the nose and six .303 MGs.

When you hit a target with that amount of weaponry it will cause damage.

Also, Karaya, who is the flyer in this video is one of the best, if not best online flyers in CLIFFS OF DOVER and has exceptional gunnery skills.

Still looks like the wing popped off too easy.

That, and what's the deal with all of the fires in the recent videos Karaya has been posting?

And some of the effects look pretty lo-fi... I really hope they're still heavily WIP.

Still looks like the wing popped off too easy.

That, and what's the deal with all of the fires in the recent videos Karaya has been posting?

And some of the effects look pretty lo-fi... I really hope they're still heavily WIP.

Well I saw some fuel tank explosions removing the wings but just as many slayed attached given the pounding that they were getting. And I'm happy to believe that 4 20mm cannons firing HE rounds at a half empty tank may have that effect. 

Some of the aircraft models that Karaya set on fire (spit and hurri 100octs) had not got some features such as the protective plates for the fuel tanks included in the Beta. Much play was made in some forums of him being able to flame fuel tanks from dead six but if you look at the video its more of a 7 o'clock shot. Even without the armour, the reality is that not every spitfire is bursting into flame as soon as you look at its rear and those instances will reduce further once the armour is included. 

As for the "low tech" effects, it is a beta but I think the comment is a little harsh.  Whilst some of the effects may not be to everyone's taste I think that they stand up pretty well to any of the other sims especially when you are immersed in the game and not coldly watching a video. At the end of the day each sim has its own strengths and weaknesses but overall each adds up well in terms of player experience. 

Cheers

BOO

Edited by BOO

Great progress. Looking forward to the upcoming release and fingers crossed....down the line....VR support :salute:

Some of the aircraft models that Karaya set on fire (spit and hurri 100octs) had not got some features such as the protective plates for the fuel tanks included in the Beta.

BOO

This!

Since the protective plates (on the aircraft that had them) have been introduced in the latest beta fuel tank fires have become noticeably less common.