RustyEagle

ability to rearm, refuel, and repair

Nope, I've even provided citation. You've done nothing to back up your opinion other than your "feels".

You where an easy win.   :)

Piss weak argument with no citation.

Bye SirRobin. I've been polite to you in the way I spoke to you and you refuse to extend the courtesy in return, You provide no research citation and just spew garbage.

Welcome to my ignore list.   :)

Nope, I've even provided citation. You've done nothing to back up your opinion other than your "feels".

You providing a citation for a situation that NO ONE WILL WANT TO DO has absofriggin' nothing do with whether my argument has changed.  I can't help but notice that you basically concede this by making absolutely no attempt to show how my argument changed.  You can't, because it hasn't.

But I'll restate it one last time just to make it clear to anyone still reading this train wreck.  

I don't want any dev work wasted on R/R because if it's implemented realistically no one will use it.  And it's arcade nonsense if it's not implemented realistically.  I haven't changed that argument, because no one has refuted that argument.  In fact, most of the people who want R/R agree that it won't be implemented realistically.

You where an easy win.   :)

Piss weak argument with no citation.

Bye SirRobin. I've been polite to you in the way I spoke to you and you refuse to extend the courtesy in return, You provide no research citation and just spew garbage.

Welcome to my ignore list.   :)

I'm kind of surprised it took you this long to get to that point. Believe me this thread reads much cleaner if you ignore and don't reply quote. If there was a way suppress quote replies as part of ignore it would be perfect.

You providing a citation for a situation that NO ONE WILL WANT TO DO has absofriggin' nothing do with whether my argument has changed. I can't help but notice that you basically concede this by making absolutely no attempt to show how my argument changed. You can't, because it hasn't.

But I'll restate it one last time just to make it clear to anyone still reading this train wreck.

I don't want any dev work wasted on R/R because if it's implemented realistically no one will use it. And it's arcade nonsense if it's not implemented realistically. I haven't changed that argument, because no one has refuted that argument. In fact, most of the people who want R/R agree that it won't be implemented realistically.

Wherever you look we pretend that something is realistic , how realistic r/r should be? to the point of modeling crew ,fuel , opening ammo input ,20 minutes to wait etc - are you insane? I would like to have this to be implemented in practical way as all things in the simulation has limits because of complexity or time to finish. Quick unrealistic time of r/r won't stop me enjoy that functionality. In other hand I give it low priority in Todo list.

Wherever you look we pretend that something is realistic , how realistic r/r should be?

The wait time should be realistic. Otherwise you get all the benefits of reloading close to enemy lines, but none of the risks.

• Upvote 1

Landing on a forward airfield on WoL is plenty risky with the way people behave on the ground on that server, trust me  :lol: 

I just bought this sim and I just played it for some hours in quick missions but I realize that even in quick missions I wont be able to complete a slightly longer mission anyway but using unlimited ammo.
I dont know how campaign and multiplayer works yet but unless this game is made to always use unlimited ammo I wont be able to do much without the rearm & refuel ability.

Ex. theres no point in setting a quick mission with more than5 dogfights with realistic ammo quantity.

Ream & refuel is a must.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shadoware said:

unless this game is made to always use unlimited ammo

What on earth would be the point of that? Might as well go to the arcade and play Space Invaders.

1 hour ago, Shadoware said:

I just bought this sim and I just played it for some hours in quick missions but I realize that even in quick missions I wont be able to complete a slightly longer mission anyway but using unlimited ammo.
I dont know how campaign and multiplayer works yet but unless this game is made to always use unlimited ammo I wont be able to do much without the rearm & refuel ability.

Ex. theres no point in setting a quick mission with more than5 dogfights with realistic ammo quantity.

Ream & refuel is a must.

In MP you join server, select airplane and spawn and take off, if you see enemy and shoot at him and lose all your ammo and are stil able to fly, then you return to your base and land.

After you land, you click finish flight, and start new flight and you have new airplane, and all new ammo, and you do new sortie on same mission on same server. Not so complex, no need for rearm or refule what so ever.

In SP you just turn on unlimited ammo and who cares what you do there, shoot down 1 or 50 airplanes in flight, its your time in SP fly how ever you wont.

In MP host server dictates what settings it will use.

Edited by 77.CountZero

2 hours ago, Shadoware said:

Ream & refuel is a must.

No one cares what you do offline.  Feel free to set ammo to unlimited.

3 hours ago, Shadoware said:

Ream & refuel is a must.

I don’t want to pile on too much but this is an odd expectation. Getting two to three kills in a flight in SP isn’t too difficult. Doing the same online is also possible. Getting five in a flight is pushing it for all but a few exceptional pilots (online). It’s nearly unheard of in real life. Since the most recent DM tweak, the number of air kills per flight is more in line with history. RR won’t significantly change this for you.

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf

On 1/13/2019 at 6:14 PM, 77.CountZero said:

In MP you join server, select airplane and spawn and take off, if you see enemy and shoot at him and lose all your ammo and are stil able to fly, then you return to your base and land.

After you land, you click finish flight, and start new flight and you have new airplane, and all new ammo, and you do new sortie on same mission on same server. Not so complex, no need for rearm or refule what so ever.

In SP you just turn on unlimited ammo and who cares what you do there, shoot down 1 or 50 airplanes in flight, its your time in SP fly how ever you wont.

In MP host server dictates what settings it will use.

That seems almost the same as rearm and refuel. Instead of "new flight" button, it could be a rearm and refuel button. it should not need to be a real time process, just 20 seconds and your plane would be ready. Just to keep the realistic illusion(feeling, or theatricality).

Never understood the clamour for RRR and never been a big fan of it when flying on other simulations.  Have experienced it on other simulations and MP servers, but consider it the lowest of the low priority issues in my book for this stage of development of IL-2 GB.  Lots of more fundamental issues for the developers to spend time and resources on for the time being IMHO.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Again, I understand and even, to an extent, agree with the notion that there are other, greater, priorities for the devs to focus their limited resources on.

However, what I do find somewhat off putting is the arguments from the, "this is such a worthless, stupid, ridiculous and/or waste of time" point of view.

It is a feature, features are good (feature creep beyond the devs ability to implement well is bad), it is easy to see, especially in SP situations, and in a few MP situations, how this feature would be beneficial and why people would like to see it.

just....wow

• Upvote 2

I am for the introduction or activation of the R / R. Why quite simply because it gives me a realistic space in the time when I dive into the simulation. We fly with friends Coops. There we always wish that you land and be ammunitioned and repaired. We find a train on the way back! What now .... now you land! BUT at R / R we choose our gear and fly back to the train. For coops in singles and multiplayer I find this R / R as a very important ingredient. It does not have to be activated !!! But should already be available !!

since I do not speak English, the translator has implemented that!

LG.pikas

Edited by p_i_k_a_s

The language of this part of the forum is English. 

1 hour ago, p_i_k_a_s said:

...da ich kein Englich spreche hat das der Übersetzer umgesetzt !

Hat er leider nicht - nach dem Übersetzen den engl. Text hier einfügen (translation missing, copy and paste ...)