Sign in to follow this  
[NASA]il_Balordo

Virtual Cockpit Companion App (iOs and Android)

Hi there,

after 3 years I would propose this idea again.

As Ii-2 COD have already functional ... I would like it for BOX.

It must not be a free app necessarily and can become a form of  money gain ! ...Come on 1C Studios !!!

Virtual cockpit and map switch view ...

And you... what think?

Federico

post-23502-0-11238300-1508632719_thumb.jpg

post-23502-0-25214800-1508632730_thumb.jpg

post-23502-0-44369200-1508632821_thumb.jpg

Edited by [ITA]il_Pupo

Not a bad idea IMHO. It might be worth looking into.

I am not sure what you are asking for.   Isn't Virtual Cockpit external software written by someone else? If so, 1C cannot get any money from it.    I was of the opinion it worked with CLoD only because CLoD allows export of the data it needs. 

Tacview already uses similar info as it needs all your speed & altitude data etc.  though maybe the info sent out by CLoD for Virtual cockpit is restricted to just your own planes data and has no positional data so is faster in real-time?

I am not sure what you are asking for.   Isn't Virtual Cockpit external software written by someone else? If so, 1C cannot get any money from it.    I was of the opinion it worked with CLoD only because CLoD allows export of the data it needs. 

Tacview already uses similar info as it needs all your speed & altitude data etc.  though maybe the info sent out by CLoD for Virtual cockpit is restricted to just your own planes data and has no positional data so is faster in real-time?

Sorry I don´t speak english very well... I mean an entirely new official app on App Store and Google Play.

For current Wi-Fi technology, there isn´t problems about speed to read that batch of datas ... we speak of some milliseconds !

BoX doesn't expose this information, but it's on their roadmap. I guarantee we'll see one or more apps like this as soon as that information is exposed by the game.

I would guess there's zero chance of 1C ever writing such an app themselves, but there's no need because folks in the community will do it. Heck, I might do something like that myself.

So you'll probably get your wish eventually, sometime between BoK and Pacific I'd guess.

Hmm - I must be missing something.  Exactly what does this do and why would it be useful/interesting?  Since we have all the working instruments in the cockpit in game, why would we want some external/virtual version?

Easier to see, which would be helpful in the I-16 mostly. And in general, there are a few gauges, namely the clock, that I find hard to use with any accuracy in game. It could also be cool to build a tablet or analog gauges into a simpit and have your gauges in the real world.

Hard to say before we actually have those values exposed, but I can imagine interesting ways to incorporate those values into things like my il2missionplanner (e.g. your route says 350 but you're going 375, maybe something lights up or automatically adjusts your time...)

Idk, spitballing here and as with anything it's all a matter of someone in the community having the time, motivation and know-how to build us something cool. I'm in favor of the gauge values being exposed to provide more opportunities for that sort of thing.

Edited by 19//curiousGamblerr

So you'll probably get your wish eventually, sometime between BoK and Pacific I'd guess.

I hope ... thank you man  ;) ... Congratulations for your il2missionplanner !

• Upvote 1