Sign in to follow this  
Mysticpuma

Dogfight footage over France - Beta v4.49

Looks amazing, bf110 gunner reports targets, is that new thing? Always wanted to see it in BoX :P

Looks amazing, bf110 gunner reports targets, is that new thing?  

No, he always do this since CloD release. "Skipper, blablabla!"

Bo'X gunners too do calls. "He is close, He is far, He is close"... "He is firing". ;)

Edited by Sokol1

I'm impressed by the new sounds.

Spit mgs are really deep. I like that.

I probably prefer the currently Merlin sounds but it probably needs to be tried in-game.

No, he always do this since CloD release. "Skipper, blablabla!"

They never do this to me :/ do i set up window with this or something? I also dont have this in BoX, only thing they say is "I am firing" but never says if close of far, only "enemy too far" so he won't shot.

Anything in particular with the blackout you guys don't like?

One of our members who helped with the details of this effect flew Hornets in the RAAF and is now part of an airshow demonstration team, with more than a few blackouts and greyouts under his belt. He reported you lose color vision first, then the tunnel slowly gets smaller and smaller until you blackout. 

This new blackout looks better than the actual "distortion" over cockpit image and a black screen and almost instantly freeze commands, sometimes without black screen.

Yea I prefer this greyout effect over the hatching effect currently. Well done, and even better if its from the info of someone experienced in blackouts.

Looking and sounding great.  Spit MGs are much improved, landscape is amazing, cockpits look great.  I think the illuminated gunsight on the 109 is coming along nicely but still need work and Spit gunsight looks very one-dimensional in comparison.  I give it a solid 8 out of 10 and all that's needed from here is a little polishing.  

One suggestion if I may ... I would drop the creaking of the airframe during turns.  

• Upvote 1

Looking and sounding great. Spit MGs are much improved, landscape is amazing, cockpits look great. I think the illuminated gunsight on the 109 is coming along nicely but still need work and Spit gunsight looks very one-dimensional in comparison. I give it a solid 8 out of 10 and all that's needed from here is a little polishing.

One suggestion if I may ... I would drop the creaking of the airframe during turns.

The creaking must stay! It just does. I don't know why but I like it. It might be just toned down 10-15%.

Ineed. One should think with a hradio headset and 1500 hp roaring right infront of you hearing the metal cracking is an close to impossible task (unless stuff breaks apart). Making it quiter sure serves both way equally (gameplay vs realism).

The sound balance in Clod is odd in many ways. Engines are way to quiet and drowned by gunfire, other effects like pressing buttons are strangely loud. It's one of many things that kept me away from it.  

Is OK, this "non-realism" serves for compensate the lack of physical feedback when one press buttons. After all is "just a game" and concessions to "gameplay" are common.

This same "muffled" pilot will not hear cartridges entering the guns breech, but... see my sign. ;)

Edited by Sokol1

Anything in particular with the blackout you guys don't like?

One of our members who helped with the details of this effect flew Hornets in the RAAF and is now part of an airshow demonstration team, with more than a few blackouts and greyouts under his belt. He reported you lose color vision first, then the tunnel slowly gets smaller and smaller until you blackout.

Nothing in particular. It's only curious to see the grayscale before the blackout (that is far better than now). I think clod it's the first SIM where I see that. Will be interesting to play it. If test pilot say it's real, then it's surely appreciated. Edited by Barone

The blackout visual effect shown replaces the cross-hatching black out effect in the original game.

It has been implemented on the advice of a F/A-18 pilot who is on the team and who has experienced blackout many times while flying jets.

It is not shown entirely here... but sees a greying of the screen, followed by a tunnel vision effect and then complete blackout.

This is as close to the real thing as we are able to produce in the game environment.

time: 7:27 so is that 2x guns firing only bug back? because it looks like it. 

No, that's the "only 2 guns have tracers because I set it up this way" feature.

• Upvote 1

No, that's the "only 2 guns have tracers because I set it up this way" feature.

ah good, so is the ghost gun firing gone or did they discover why that was a bug? Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

71st_AH_Mastiff, on 15 Nov 2017 - 02:18, said:snapback.png

-time: 7:27 so is that 2x guns firing only bug back? because it looks like it. 

> No, that's the "only 2 guns have tracers because I set it up this way" feature.

- ah good, so is the ghost gun firing gone or did they discover why that was a bug?

This tale about "ghost" guns not firing is just a myth due misunderstandings in CloD early days.

In TF 4.312: 

tracers.jpg

Similar test with tracers in ~2012 show the same result.

71st_AH_Mastiff, on 15 Nov 2017 - 02:18, said:snapback.png

This tale about "ghost" guns not firing is just a myth due misunderstandings in CloD early days.

In TF 4.312: 

tracers.jpg

Similar test with tracers in ~2012 show the same result.

of course your test was working you went in and edited the problem therefore fixing it. without even doing the MP test without editing your loadouts first.

actually it wasn't, I was the one that discovered if you made your own load out in single player it wouldn't work in Multiplayer until you made one in your mission editor saved it then transfered it to the MP setting folder in order for it to work. I did a whole youtube video on why Multiplayer loadouts where not working.

and come to find out it was only firing the 2 guns, actually only 2 guns had registering bullets coming out, whereas the other 6 had nothing registering coming out the barrels, but the animation was firing. It was only happening to a few systems don't know why. I showed them load up your guns with tracers then go into MP and low and behold only 2 guns had tracer fire coming out.

to fix that they need to to go onto their mission editor edit their guns loadouts and then save them. Then they could go into MP and the load out would be correct.

so it wasn't a farce.

and if it was a misunderstanding they never came out and said it, or even replied to the problem, english speaking people were even talking about it at the time. There was a whole bunch of post about why where the spitfires and hurricanes gun fire damage was so underwhelming well we found out why.'

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

The problem is when someone install the game from STEAM, is copied the same user.ini, ConfUser.ini... include in early versions of CloD, in that .ini some Spit has their ammo belt incomplete (as are all in CloD at this time), what lead people think that are a bug with weapons.

Besides this that .ini has several other errors - I already related some in ATAG forum more than one time, as they are related in "Banana's Drama" days.

But for now no one think in edit that files and fix this errors  - what can be done with Notepad in few minutes and replace that files in STEAM installer, or ask for 1C for replace (as their are the owner of CloD). And fix this could be done at any time, don't need wait patches release.

In the way that things goes, after 4.50 release someone will complain about this again... and again... "It's CLoD!" :lol: