Sign in to follow this  
II/JG17_HerrMurf

Importing

I wrote a medium/long post on airfield objects way back in EA. Mostly about airfield type stuff; start carts, static people, fuel trucks, etc. Those things really make airfields feel alive but I recognized that there was a lot of work involved and they probably wouldn't get made by the Devs for a while. With the coming Mods ON mode, I am sure many with talents exceeding my own will probably produce objects for the game along these lines. Mystic Puma just posted new photos from the other side of the house and there were some of these objects as well. Considering these games are now kissing cousins, is it possible and does it make sense to import ground/airfield static objects from over there to over here rather than re-making the wheel as it were? Strictly as STATICS. I'm not looking to animate any of these for the moment. I'm not even sure they would need to be destructible immediately.

The original video which got me thinking (1:50 for the static objects and people):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R58CE_Yu1vs

Mystic's Pics from today:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31807-beta-testing-v449-selection-images-gameplay/

Older pics:

post-1221-0-10389900-1508340812_thumb.jpgpost-1221-0-50702100-1508340826_thumb.jpgpost-1221-0-54374600-1508341095_thumb.jpg

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Upvote 4

Ohh i was flying around in france looking at AF, amazing! You had planes parked, some under repair on some cranes, lots of boxes, even 88 guns had nice "camp" there were few cars, truck and ammo boxes all over the place. Yeaa BoX with more static objects would be awesome.

I've been dreaming of they day this happens. It would add a lot to the ambiance.

I was hoping that when mods-on was enabled this would be possible. But if they can do that officially even better.

Idk the answer but the BoX static objects are pretty low poly themselves.

Thats ok with me, their purpose is just filling the map and make it look more alive.