BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 46

Hello Pilots!

Welcome to the 5th week of Early Access in IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad. In this "episode" you'll meet the first bomb and rocket weaponry; the list of planes remains the same.

LaGG-3 gets 3 sets:

- 2x50 kg bombs (FAB-50)

- 2x100 kg bombs (FAB-100)

- 6 rockets (ROS-82)

Bf 109 F-4 gets 2 sets:

- 4x50 kg bombs (SC-50)

- 1x250 kg bomb (SC-250)

When the project is released you'll need to unlock these modifications by playing the sim.  Now we make them available for you to test them and of course to inform you of what we're working on these days. Speaking of the rockets, they will have 3 presets for the fuse corresponding to the firing distance (300m, 500m, and 1000m). We've prepared a new mission scenario to give you an opportunity to use these weapons. You'll start on Lapino airfield as always, take off and fly to the combat zone where a group of targets will be waiting for you: some tanks and light vehicles that will serve as targets for your bombs, rockets and cannons. They will not show much resistance so you'll surely be able to knock them all off pretty fast. The point of the exercise is for you to learn how to effectively employ these weapons and get some early practice. There'll be morning and night variations of that mission. Note that several visual effects have not been finished yet, that's why buildings are not destructible. This will be implemented later.

A very important and pleasant part of today's announcement is that customers who chose the Standard Edition are joining the Early Access. Welcome everybody and thanks for you trust and support! We truly hope you're going to like it here in IL2:BOS. Starting this session you'll be able take part in every bit of the early access program. You'll finally get to experience it for yourselves, not by judging comments of those who's already in.

The 5th session is scheduled to be open from 20:00 UTC/GMT December 20th till December 23rd. The next one will open on December 27th and last until (hopefully, barring any problems) January 5th.

Read more

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 2

After Gaijin betrayed me with the 1.37 patch for War Thunder, this was a great Christmas present. That La-5 looks absolutely marvellous. I can't wait to shoot down some fascist pigs ( :P ) with that thing!

• Upvote 1

"The 5th session is scheduled to be open during the entire Christmas and New Year holiday from 20:00 UTC/GMT December 20th till (hopefully, barring any problems) 20:00 UTC/GMT  January 5th."

Thanks for that!!!! And for the bombs of course. :)

Edited by messer79
  • Upvote 1

Sounds really great guys, looking forward to it!

And I am on vacation until Jan 2nd, just got my new PC assembled this week, and good to go!!

Edited by dburnette

Wow, now I'm really excited.

With the holiday extension I'll hopefully have time to learn the taking-off and landing procedures, and also how to shoot and bomb, great news, thank you all at 777/IC.
I hope you all manage to get a holiday too. :biggrin:

Great news.

During the yuletide, I'll unfortunately be on vacation and unable to fly, but the next few days will be great. 

Looking forward to test the behavior of the new weaponry as well as any other changes/fixes, that might have made it into this version (somebody mentioned something about the gunsight damage issue being fixed?)

Great news about both the IL-2 and the Stuka being next in the pipeline. Looking forward to both.

Also great to hear, that both QMB and MP aren't too far off. It will greatly enhance the replay value of the existing content.

The La-5 looks deadly, but like the earlier Yak pictures, it's funny to notice how flat and lifeless the model looks in a simple model viewer compared to the real sim. The way BoS renders reflections and shadows does so much to make the planes come alive.

Overall the Holidays is gonna be a great treat to those who have the time off to sit down at their PC.

Happy Winter Solstice to one and all. 

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 2

Great news. Can't wait for the Il-2 in January. Congratulations to the team on a job well done.

@ dburnette, welcome back! ;)

S!

Thanks for the info and great news. Now I can fly a lot during my holidays :) Have nice holidays everyone :)

Edited by LLv34_Flanker

Great news. Can't wait for the Il-2 in January. Congratulations to the team on a job well done.

@ dburnette, welcome back! ;)

Thanks Feathered, great to be back!!!!

Wow! I never expected them to actually extend the playing period! BEST DEVS EVER! Thanks for the Christmas present!

Today we left home and flew 1400kms to our daughters place for Xmas.

Today RoF released an update with the 2 Strutters

Today BoS released the next iteration with bombs and rockets

Today I am 1400kms from my PC

Enjoy you lucky buggers, I look forward to some screen Shots and videos.

• Upvote 7

Sounds fantastic. Also the La-5 looks really nice already. Good to read that the Il-2 and Ju-87 are getting finalized, can't wait to give them a go in the new year.

Today RoF released an update with the 2 Strutters

Today BoS released the next iteration with bombs and rockets

Enjoy you lucky buggers, I look forward to some screen Shots and videos.

Say your Daughter you have contracted bubonic plague and stay at home?

You must be working very hard, devs. This is a lot to show us in short space of time.

Thanks a lot and have a nice christmas!

Edited by Mags

Are the fuse arming heights for the bombs or can we drop them at any altitude?

Can we set convergence for the rockets?

Can we drop the 50kg bombs individually from the F-4 or in pairs?

Will the control panel for bombs be added in the cockpit of the 109?

And the 45° red line painted on the side windows of its canopy?

Edited by Pierre64

I'm incredibly excited. Thank you for letting us enjoy BoS Alpha over Christmas!

Absolutely, what a pleasant surprise.

We will be having a lot of family over on Christmas Day, I just wonder how truly understanding they really can be...

:)

Edited by dburnette

[...]

You might install Sturmovik on your daugther's computer and play the game when everybody is asleep. ;)

I believe you won't infringe the licence by this action. ;) Greetings. :)

Guys, I'm sorry for a mistake in the dates for this session, It will end on December 23rd. The next - the 6th session will open on December 27th and last until January 5th.

• Upvote 1

Oh, that's a bit of a bummer, but thanks for clearing that up Zak.

Does this mean, that a new update with new content will be made available for the 6th session on the 27th, or will it be the same version, we get tonight?

Loft mentioned that after the Holidays they wolud get back to working on the damage models

does this mean the flight models we have now are final?