II/JG17_HerrMurf

HerrMurf Benevolent Society - Round 6

Well, I missed the last sale cycle but it's time to open my wallet and support the DEV's. The HerrMurf Benevolent Society is open again, Round 6. I have Three copies of BOM Premium to giveaway.

Hold your horses fighter jocks, there are rules and they are as follows:

REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS POST. NO PM's - for transparency

1. First come, first serve – items will be distributed within 48 hours.

2. ONE ITEM PER CUSTOMER – NO EXCEPTIONS

3. You must own the game to receive Aircraft (Does not apply in this give away.)

4. You may not already own the module you apply for.

5. Don’t ask for “a friend” See rule 1

6. You may not have received any give aways from me in the past (and yes I will check).

7. You should not have received any giveaways from others as this is intended to expand the player base (but I have no way of verifying that – be honorable.)

8. I expect you to activate them immediately and to actually use the items from the giveaway.

I do this for a number of reasons:

Firstly to give back to a community which I enjoy flying with/against so much. Secondly to support Jason and the genre we love. I occasionally have the time, interest and finances to do these though I am not rolling in dough by any stretch of the imagination. I hope it goes a little ways to get the game and my favorite rides (PBY?!) moving forward just that little bit more. And, frankly, it makes me feel good.

Enjoy and good luck

HerrMurf

II/JG17 (We are recruiting)

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 28

Good on you, HerrMurf !

I hope it goes a little ways to get the game and my favorite rides (PBY?!)

PBY, eh? Oh, yes, I doubly approve now!!

Hi everyone !

I have already flown with ROF and I would like to try BOM.

I would be delighted to have a free copy of BOM.

Thanks for the opportunity and good evening (or day)  :biggrin:

BaronKarza

Last BoM to Kannichen. The giveaway is now closed. Waiting on G6 and -5FN for the next one. That will be onesy twosey as I think it will be too close for timing and finances. I plan a big giveaway down the road when they go on sale however.  Good luck and enjoy.

• Upvote 2

Nice one HerrMurf.

I plan on giving away a few FNs and G6s once preorder opens. Maybe we could pool them together?

Nice one HerrMurf.

I plan on giving away a few FNs and G6s once preorder opens. Maybe we could pool them together?

Can I join you two? 

Nice HerrMurf !

I admire what you are doing. 

You said "I am not rolling in dough by any stretch of the imagination" This shows how much you love this sim, and I understand why as I love what the dev are doing.

Thank you my friend.

Can I join you two? 

Yes, as long as your giveaway is under auspices of the listed rules (above). If not then you can do a giveaway with whatever parameters you desire. (This all sounds a little smarmy in print though not in my head. No offence intended.)

Yes, as long as your giveaway is under auspices of the listed rules (above). If not then you can do a giveaway with whatever parameters you desire. (This all sounds a little smarmy in print though not in my head. No offence intended.)

LOL, no offence taken or inferred.

This is an idea I've thought about for a while. I think it's great what you're doing and what others have also done in giveaways. But it seems like the gifts go to those who are already here and generally already flying the sim. While I'd like to pony up and give away a "complete set" of the IL-2 BoX series to this point to draw in one truly deserving cantidate, my pockets ain't that deep. Would others be interested in joining in to purchase all that is available to give away?

The bigger problem would likely be finding someone who would be a good fit here and isn't in a position to buy the sim currently. My thoughts would be either a personal acquaintance, an armed forces member or pulling in someone from another sim. Whoever it might be would hopefully then bring others into our midst.

You set your rules for your giveaways. That's part of the beauty of giveaways. I have spoken by PM about this with several others. Sounds like you should do a "personal bio/need" essay type give away or a "friend (of a friend) in need" give away. That's not my particular method. I'm not trying to get a guy to pull himself up by the bootstraps, although, some modules may do that as well. My rules are designed to help guys out but not strictly to expand the player base anymore. I'm in it to spread the love and help the DEV's as much as anything. Also, to spur people to pay it forward...........which seems to be working quite well based on several posts above and in my other giveaways.

I would be happy to make a purchase and support your giveaway but your method doesn't fit particularly well to piggyback on mine.

Good Luck

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Almost time for another one.....

Will the rules be the same?
I don't comply with requirement #7 :biggrin:

Edited by 3./JG15_HansPhilipp

Hi and thanks for this great round, i would like to participate for a U-2 biplane. 

Best regards

Martin 

Standby, I’m not quite ready for the next round. It may be a couple of weeks still.

;)

It will get its own thread BTW.

• Thanks 1