Sign in to follow this  
smink1701

I would like an eight machine gun option for the Spit. Anyone else?

Love, love, love flying the Spit but when I fire MGs alone they are not very effective and when I fire cannon they instantly blow off a wing.  Maybe eight MGs would be just right.  Hope dev will provide in future update.

• Upvote 1

I would like an Erla cockpit for my F4 and the Yak-3 playable on 1941 maps onward. MAKE IT HAPPEN JASON. 

Edited by GridiroN

37mm gunpods for the Mig-3 plz. k thnx bye.

Less than 100 produced, never flew in VVS service - I can definitely live without it.

I want an "Aces" Version of the Yak. With all MGs removed for weight.

That makes a ton more sense.

If it's an eight gun Spitfire V its a Spitfire Va, of which there were few (not necessarily an issue) and of a much earlier vintage of Mark V. Many were re-engined Mark IIs. So the gamer in me gets wanting to have options and the historical purist says that it would have to be an appropriately modeled Mark Va.

• Upvote 1

Can we have "Galland special" F with 13mm mg's as well?

boxtop.JPG

• Upvote 2

Well, can't verify this, but I heard claims that apparently some Pilots saw the MGs as superflouos and too heavy. 

http://ram-home.com/ram-old/yak-1light.html

1 50cal makes swiss cheese of a 109... I don't know why the yankees thought they needed 8. The 4 on the Warhawk is enough to spam 109's flightpath. 

1 50cal makes swiss cheese of a 109... I don't know why the yankees thought they needed 8. The 4 on the Warhawk is enough to spam 109's flightpath.

Redundancy and firepower. Wing-mounted Browning machine guns were (and still are) extremely prone to jamming due to a load of factors, so having at least six was a way to guarantee you'll never be completely let down. Then you have that even a pair of those can do massive damage, and on a good day you'll get all six or eight firing merrily. That's enough to shoot down and destroy almost anything.

It's no coincidence that modern COIN aircraft still use the good old .50, but mount only one in each wing.

Edited by 216th_Lucas_From_Hell

Well, can't verify this, but I heard claims that apparently some Pilots saw the MGs as superflouos and too heavy.

http://ram-home.com/ram-old/yak-1light.html

If removing the ShKAS from a Yak-1 actually produced the performance gains indicated by the test data, I would have taken my chances with just the ShVAK as well.

Redundancy and firepower. Wing-mounted Browning machine guns were (and still are) extremely prone to jamming due to a load of factors, so having at least six was a way to guarantee you'll never be completely let down. Then you have that even a pair of those can do massive damage, and on a good day you'll get all six or eight firing merrily. That's enough to shoot down and destroy almost anything.

It's no coincidence that modern COIN aircraft still use the good old .50, but mount only one in each wing.

Are you sure about that? I've never heard any serious complaints about the M2 other than on early Mustangs when they were mounted with a cant to them to make them fit. Mounting them vertically solved the jamming problem in the D/K.

Never heard of systemic issues in the P-38/47/B25 all the way to Korea with the A26 or F-86.

I personally never had a problem with a pintle mounted version either. It is a particularly hardy weapon system.

From the pilots I know there have always been universal complaints about jamming of the M2 aboard the EMB-314 (built in), EMB-314 and MB-326 (gunpods).

Edited by 216th_Lucas_From_Hell

Guest deleted@30725

Dear Devs.

188030.jpg

Make-It-So.png

Also, to continue with the silliness this thread has adopted; I'd like an eight gun P-47 please.

Wait.... isnt that already....

nah im just imagining things 

From the pilots I know there have always been universal complaints about jamming of the M2 aboard the EMB-314 (built in), EMB-314 and MB-326 (gunpods).

Curious. I wonder if it's an installation/design problem? Lots of factors can play into jamming problems.

Also, to continue with the silliness this thread has adopted; I'd like an eight gun P-47 please.

With extra under wing gunpods, of course. :)

With extra under wing gunpods, of course. :)

Wish granted!

rcnw9mz.jpg

• Upvote 3

CloD’s Sukhoi 26 with its particle cannon and lasers plz. Or else I am boycott yur gaem. Thx, bai!

I don't know how historical that is, but I know that in CloD some people set their convergences of differenct gun pairs to different distances, so they could have extended cone of concentrated fire. So in a high speed pass they could start shooting early and keep shooting and continuously hitting the target as they get closer, too.

Edited by II./JG77_Kemp

Wish granted!

rcnw9mz.jpg

Excellent! Thank you. :)

Could I have a Hurricane and Jessica Alba as well, please?

I don't know how historical that is, but I know that in CloD some people set their convergences of differenct gun pairs to different distances, so they could have extended cone of concentrated fire. So in a high speed pass they could start shooting early and keep shooting and continuously hitting the target as they get closer, too.

This is entirely historical and is even described (and outright prescribed) in the manuals. Exactly as you say the idea is to get a greater "depth" of effective fire. This was important for all planes with a lot of wing-mounted guns, but extra much so for the Spitfire with its horrendously bad machine gun placement (very wide spacing for a very low and weak caliber) which - if all guns were aimed at one specific point - would have an outright awful depth of effective fire.

In particular the Americans did this to a great extent with their .50s since the punch of the machine guns meant that they weren't very dependent at all on hitting exactly at convergence to do enough damage.

Edited by Inkompetent
  • Upvote 1

CloD’s Sukhoi 26 with its particle cannon and lasers plz. Or else I am boycott yur gaem. Thx, bai!

yoo boykot nao!

Even during our era the M2 is easy to jam. I've got a lot of jamming using the M2 in my career and during jamming if the canon is still hot the cartridge can detonate...I've already got a cartridge who detonate in my hand after a stopping (jamming).

So I really believe that they"ve got a lot of jamming with the M2.

Edited by 57.GIAP_Manu653

Dreams? Gimme an XP55, Ho229, F82, Westland Whirlwind, 109 Zwilling, effective night fighters (+ usable radar etc.), F7F, F8F, a lot of Korea in general... and a lot more.