Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

Jade_Monkey

My B2 not clicking fixed by itself after a few weeks. Must be one of those membranes that got stuck, who knows...

SCG_Kuppis

Dear @VIRPILControls, I´m interested in buying the throttle sometime in the near future, but everytime I check Virpil webstore, the throttle is "out of stock".

Should I just place an order and be patient?

III/JG52_Al-Azraq
1 hour ago, Kuppis said:

Dear @VIRPILControls, I´m interested in buying the throttle sometime in the near future, but everytime I check Virpil webstore, the throttle is "out of stock".

Should I just place an order and be patient?

There will be having a restock today, 18 pm GMT I think. They restock every two weeks usually.

SCG_Kuppis
1 hour ago, III/JG52_Al-Azraq said:

There will be having a restock today, 18 pm GMT I think. They restock every two weeks usually.

Thanks for the input, I did not know about the restock cycle.

VIRPILControls
21 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

The latest firmware (3-14-19) is an absolute mess . BE WARNED.

Can you let me know what issues you're having with the latest firmware please? :)

Jade_Monkey
8 minutes ago, VIRPILControls said:

Can you let me know what issues you're having with the latest firmware please? :)

Sure, here are some off the top of my head:

• The game (IL2 BOS) would recognize the device but would not detect the key presses sometimes.
  • The Z axis (the one in the middle finger when you grab the throttle) would jump from 0 to 50% and then go up lineraly to 100%. It seemed to be missing the first 50% with the travel despite calibrating multiple times. Rolled back to older firmware and solved it.
  • Button profiles are all incorrect, so most of them are inverted, meaning when you press the button they are off and when you unpress they trigger as if you were holding them down.
    • To undo this you have to set each one of the 50+ buttons from "inverted" to Normal, one at a time.

I tried this multiple times just in case it was user error, but ultimately it seems like rolling back to previous firmware and callibrating is the only solution. Rolling forward again breaks the behavior. 

VIRPILControls
2 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

The game (IL2 BOS) would recognize the device but would not detect the key presses sometimes.

That's a new one that I haven't heard before - I'll do some investigation into this!

The Z axis (the one in the middle finger when you grab the throttle) would jump from 0 to 50% and then go up lineraly to 100%. It seemed to be missing the first 50% with the travel despite calibrating multiple times. Rolled back to older firmware and solved it.

This is typically because of 1 of 3 reasons:

1. When you're calibrating, you're not returning the axis to the physical center point before saving the calibration.
  2. You have an incorrect profile loaded for the firmware version which is causing some issues.
  3. Windows has some conflicting calibration data - this can be resolved by opening Windows joy.cpl, clicking properties on the MT-50 throttle controller, and on the "Settings" tab, click the "Reset to defaults" button.

Button profiles are all incorrect, so most of them are inverted, meaning when you press the button they are off and when you unpress they trigger as if you were holding them down.

This is because you haven't used the new "Profile Wizard" to create a save a new profile to the device. Each time you update the firmware, you need to create a new profile that was made for that firmware version due to underlying changes. It's possible the other issues you experienced were due to this! 

Jade_Monkey
13 minutes ago, VIRPILControls said:

This is because you haven't used the new "Profile Wizard" to create a save a new profile to the device. Each time you update the firmware, you need to create a new profile that was made for that firmware version due to underlying changes. It's possible the other issues you experienced were due to this! 

Thanks for the answers. I did use the profile wizard to load the profiles but it did not work.

However, it does work as I expected it with the previous version, when i loaded up the button profiles after unsuccessfully trying the new firmware.

GridiroN

There is another gentleman who made a post about this on th eofficial Virpil forums. 

The new firmware reverses all the buttons and basically breaks stuff. The advice has been that it's because the user did not set the profile. Many users have tried including myself to either import a profile, set it back to factory, or reset it, and nothing fixes it. 

One guy got it working by manually going through all his buttons and setting them back up again, but this probably wouldn't work for me because my throttle on the new firmware keeps reporting a bunch of different buttons as being activated all the time. 

I just went back to 190109. 

Edited by GridiroN
VIRPILControls

It's very odd because I've had this reported a few times on the support portal  - I've jumped on via TeamViewer and managed to get it sorted so it seems that something is getting lost in translation! After clicking "Create Profile" are you clicking "Save VPC Device" at the top? Do you have multiple VPC devices connected?

Thanks for the feedback guys - any help you guys can give will help us out :)

GridiroN
4 hours ago, VIRPILControls said:

It's very odd because I've had this reported a few times on the support portal  - I've jumped on via TeamViewer and managed to get it sorted so it seems that something is getting lost in translation! After clicking "Create Profile" are you clicking "Save VPC Device" at the top? Do you have multiple VPC devices connected?

I can't try this tonight, but ill take a third look at this tomorrow after work!

16 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I did use the profile wizard to load the profiles but it did not work.

However, it does work as I expected it with the previous version

Previous version did not had a wizard.

Jade_Monkey

Not sure about the wizard. Im referring to a button to load profiles and you select a file with the pre-defined profiles which worked out of the box with the previous version. Doing this with the latest version loads the wrong button profiles.

50 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Not sure about the wizard. Im referring to a button to load profiles and you select a file with the pre-defined profiles which worked out of the box with the previous version. Doing this with the latest version loads the wrong button profiles.

And that is the cause of your problem. With the new software you no longer load a profile from a file. You generate the profile using the new wizard, as explained in the NEW manual.

GridiroN
On 3/20/2019 at 10:39 PM, VIRPILControls said:

Ok, I'm sitting here and taking a look at it again. This is what is happening: 

1. I open file titled VPC_JOY_SETUP (vpc configurator)
  2. It instructs me to update the firmware
  3. I update the firmware successfully
  4. I go to "PROFILE" and select the M50 Base. I click "CREATE PROFILE" and the software tells me I cannot make a profile unless I also have a grip. I only have a throttle so this option is not possible.
  5. I press "IMPORT PROFILE FROM FILE"
  6. "LEGACY" folder
  7. I select the file "VPC Throttle_MT50 [PCBv07].cnfv07"
  8. I press "SAVE VPC DEVICE"
  9. I go to the "BUTTON" tab, and all my buttons are "inverted" and 4 of my buttons are registering as always activated, and button 37 is registering clicks every couple milliseconds

If I go back and flash the prevous firmware and VPC configurator, the device works as expected, "out of the box". 

Edited by GridiroN
5 minutes ago, GridiroN said:

I go to "PROFILE" and select the M50 Base. I click "CREATE PROFILE" and the software tells me I cannot make a profile unless I also have a grip. I only have a throttle so this option is not possible.

Yes, it is possible. You have two throttle options (with modes and without modes) in the "select grip" drop-down menu.

Clipboard-1.jpg

I don't have a VPC throttle, so some fields are incorrect.

GridiroN
7 hours ago, Seb71 said:

Yes, it is possible. You have two throttle options (with modes and without modes) in the "select grip" drop-down menu.

Clipboard-1.jpg

I don't have a VPC throttle, so some fields are incorrect.

Didn't see that. Thanks

So, it seems if I set that profile, reload the bootloader with the other profile, and re-set this one, it works and the throttle is configured. Didn't work the first time for some reason, but either way, this did sort it out. Bit confusing though. 

F/JG300_Gruber

Hi,

Just to let you know, I don't know if I'm an isolated case or not, but from what I observed on my throttle I've switched back to the previous version of the firmware until a further, more stable version. 

My issues with 20190314 :

• Flickering of the PHYSICAL inputs from T2 and T3 toggle switches (double state input). It doesn't looks like it has an impact on the throttle, but that should definitely not happen.
  • Some logical buttons don't act like they should : in the "normal" mode (delay=0) some randomly turns ON and OFF when kept depressed, even though the physical input looks stable. Happens on physical inputs 8, 9, 10 and 33 on my throttle.
  • Encoders have a much wider range of output length, delay 1 is almost unuseable and will drop a significant number of clicks. A stepback from the previous version.

I've rolled back to 20190109 and all the problems are gone.

I hope this will be adressed, because the new Toggle ON/OFF functions and the fact that the shift mode now works with the encoders is really a big improvement in functionnality !

• 1 month later...