VIRPILControls

Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

On 11/14/2017 at 5:27 AM, kestrel79 said:

Wow looks great. If my Warthog Throttle croaks this is what I'll get next.

Kinda hoping mine will croak so I will be forced to get this one!

What happend to the analog ministick? It seems that you did throw the idea out of the window. Thats sad and why i didnt preordered. Wee need more ministick axis like VKB does. You can make every analog ministick to a 4 or 8 way hat via software/configurator or profiles. Works like a charme with a 50% deadzone for example. Now i have to wait for VKBs throttle. :(

On 7/12/2018 at 4:04 AM, GridiroN said:

Holy snapping crap; the only shipping option they offer is $90! ...*sigh*

I payed 300$ shipping from Canada for a yoke, and 200$ from hong kong for stick and collective. Shipping is a huge part of flight sim equipment prices. 

18 hours ago, Wolf8312 said:

Kinda hoping mine will croak so I will be forced to get this one!

Never owned a Warthog stick nor a Throttle, but my impression of WT throttle is 1000% better than the stick base. This throttle will not show its true worth for a while, I hope its quality but you can never know when it comes to batch # 1 versions

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ishtaru said:

What happend to the analog ministick? It seems that you did throw the idea out of the window. Thats sad and why i didnt preordered. Wee need more ministick axis like VKB does. You can make every analog ministick to a 4 or 8 way hat via software/configurator or profiles. Works like a charme with a 50% deadzone for example. Now i have to wait for VKBs throttle. :(

Well they always said it would come after the first product, and since they're only now starting to ship that, I wouldn't expect the ministick version for a while, but I wouldn't discount it just yet.

18 minutes ago, Lombra said:

Well they always said it would come after the first product, and since they're only now starting to ship that, I wouldn't expect the ministick version for a while, but I wouldn't discount it just yet.

Yeah I was somewhat surprised they did not include one on the original version - that was at least part of the reason I did not get in on one yet.

Will wait and see what comes down the pike (unless my Warthog throttle croaks).

41 minutes ago, Lombra said:

Hm my memories might be weak but i dont remember they ever mentioned that. They told me this will be an option but not that it was planned for later realeases only. I didnt follow this thread so it might be they later pushed it back i dont know.

Edit: I checked the first page where i asked them about the ministick. The answer was taht it will not be changeable because it is another version of the throttle but not that they will produce it after the one without the ministick. Anyway, i dont get why they make two versions. An analog ministick is a must on a throttle im my opinion. especially when we talk about a modern design. Just my opinion. ;)

Edited by Ishtaru

Ok, maybe not "always", but here is the first mention of it in this thread at least:

On 7/21/2018 at 3:47 PM, F/JG300_Gruber said:

Do you have a Paypal account ? 

It's usually more reliable than direct credit card system in my experience.

I do but I dont think they take paypal payments, at least in the US/INTL page.

What I want to see, is a pic of a programmer working on control mapping software.

• Upvote 1

3 months and 2 weeks later and still no shipping date 😒 Instead "reviewers" received throttles already... wtf ?

Ordered placed and fully paid on 18 April, still waiting for a shipping confirmation...

The silence and absence of updates and information from Virpil (directly to customers via email) is maddening. "Community" posts don't cut it and definitely facebook posts and similar do not (at least in my book) count as "informing and updating paying customers".

Sorry for the rant but this is getting ridiculous really fast

1 hour ago, 335th_GRMultiDoc said:

3 months and 2 weeks later and still no shipping date 😒 Instead "reviewers" received throttles already... wtf ?

Ordered placed and fully paid on 18 April, still waiting for a shipping confirmation...

The silence and absence of updates and information from Virpil (directly to customers via email) is maddening. "Community" posts don't cut it and definitely facebook posts and similar do not (at least in my book) count as "informing and updating paying customers".

Sorry for the rant but this is getting ridiculous really fast

Well, with DPD as main carrier, no tracking number usually means that yours is not shipped yet.

Reading again their last week post, it is said that 1st day preorder (14 April) numbers are huge, and this monday shipment would only cope with 50% total of the preorders. 

So, next monday shipment might still contain 1st day preorders... Shipment will last until mid august for the end of the queue. 

It wouldn't be surprising if reviewers would be on priority list or had the chance to preorder a little before main public. Advertisement is something Virpil needs. 

I ordered only on the 22nd of April, and no news from DPD either. I hope next monday will bring some good news. 

But I agree that a little email with the latest news sent directly to customer would be a bit nicer than having to scan websites and forum for getting the latest updates

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber

Just to clarify guys - we currently don't have any system in place that allows us to mass email customers (we're working on this as we speak), so the official blog is the primary news point at this time. You can also contact us at any time for a status update aswell! 

Reviewers received, well, early review units - not the final production units that we reserve for customers. 

Again, if you have any queries not covered on our website, please get in touch support@virpil.com! 

• Like 1

Waiting patiently, if it's anywhere near as good as the stick, it'll be worth the wait.  But than the timing was right, not much time to fly over the green season.  If it was over the winter in prime fly time, might be another story though.  Got high expectations, now don't disappoint.:hunter:

15 hours ago, VIRPILControls said:

Just to clarify guys - we currently don't have any system in place that allows us to mass email customers (we're working on this as we speak), so the official blog is the primary news point at this time. You can also contact us at any time for a status update aswell! 

Reviewers received, well, early review units - not the final production units that we reserve for customers. 

Again, if you have any queries not covered on our website, please get in touch support@virpil.com! 

Thanks for the clarification :salute:

That's good to hear. I ordered on may 8th. Does anyone know when they started taking pre-orders? Was April 18th the first day?

Got my tracking number yesterday. :biggrin:

Things are finally moving. Hopefully it will arrive under a week, I'll be off for holidays from next week end onwards.

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, F/JG300_Gruber said:

Got my tracking number yesterday. :biggrin:

Things are finally moving. Hopefully it will arrive under a week, I'll be off for holidays from next week end onwards.

Great news! I'm hoping to get a tracking number soon. Just out of curiosity when did you order yours?

22nd of April I believe it was. 

12 hours ago, Gramps said:

Great news! I'm hoping to get a tracking number soon. Just out of curiosity when did you order yours?

6 hours ago, F/JG300_Gruber said:

22nd of April I believe it was. 

Thanks, I think my order was also on the 22nd. Hoping something good shows up in my email today!

Thanks for sharing this. It would save the rest of us a lot of anxiety if Virpil would put out a "Dates that are being shipped every day or so" on their forum or something. The silence is frustrating.

At least we know things are moving

9 minutes ago, Gramps said:

Thanks, I think my order was also on the 22nd. Hoping something good shows up in my email today!

Ordered April 18th, received (at last) a tracking number on Friday. Today the tracking info shows it’s in transit as of today.

will let you know as soon as it arrives in the UK

Shipped monday, received this morning (friday) :biggrin:

All in one piece, package in good shape. 

I'll let you know how it goes. I need to make room for testing 

5 hours ago, F/JG300_Gruber said:

Shipped monday, received this morning (friday) :biggrin:

From Russia to which country, Gruber?

Received it finally yesterday. Hadn’t had a chance to try it yet, just installed it on the chair mount. Will fiddle about tonight hopefully 

any advise by by the way on the software ? Cause it appears the Virpil light configurator doesn’t recognise my stock anymore, only the throttle 

14 минут назад, 335th_GRMultiDoc сказал:

any advise by by the way on the software ? Cause it appears the Virpil light configurator doesn’t recognise my stock anymore, only the throttle 

You need to update your stick firmware with the one bundled with new configurator. That's not obvious but it solved the issue for me.

Latest version of VPC Configurator Light have new functions, like:

Axis to button - e.g. if axis are between 95% and 100% press a given button (from 96 possible).

Axis ZOOM (out) - reduce axis authority when press a button

Button "alias"  - e.g. physical button 10 can press logical button 96

Button mode

Button delay

Button as "shift" - for other buttons

VPC_SL.jpg

Edited by Sokol1

After a couple test flights and FNBF event yesterday evening, I can say I'm highly thrilled by the throttle !

Feels great and sturdy, very precise on operating and I'm even a bit surprised that there is no play at all on the throttle levers despite their extended length. 

The X55 I'm coming from had some significant lateral play, and looking at the review video above when he tries to lock the two lever together, the Warthog seems to have as much play as the Saitek.

The Virpil is rating well above these two. Thumbs up !

One other nice thing to notice, and I believe is a distinction between the pre-series sent for the reviewers and the first production batch, is how the guarded switch operate :

In the video the switch is held in the neutral position, but can be manually latched to the down position.

In the production version, the guard, when closed, holds the switch in the down position. The switch itself provides a pulse when being moved down, and a second pulse when it is released to the neutral position, whereas it works as a classical continuous input switch in the up position.

How one can use it in IL2 : assign the down position to the "open canopy" and the up position for "bail out". Spawn with the switch unguarded, then when you close the guard it will close the canopy (one pulse), raise the guard and it will open the canopy (second pulse), then you can flip the switch up to bail out. Very convenient for the Russian fighters where you have to open the canopy before bailing out. 

There are a couple very minor things that I think could be improved on it in my opinion : 

First is the rotating wheel built in the throttle levers : there a little bit of friction to be felt against the lever body when operating. Not sure if it is intentional or not (it could help prevent accidental operating of the wheel) but I would prefer a smoother action. 

Second is the front plate of the levers with the diamond pattern, it is not perfectly flush everywhere with the levers main body. I'm being really nitpicky since you have to look carefully to notice it and I don't even feel it when flying but I believe the molding could be improved, just for the sake of perfection.

Other than that Virpil did a really great job with this throttle, I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the purchase !

Proud owner of the serial 000020 unit :)

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2