Sign in to follow this  
II./JG77_BlueCordBandit

[RoF] Join JG1 and 103d Aero on Wargrounds

JG1 and 103d Aero have been battling it out over the unfriendly skies of France every Thursday night around 20:00 CST on the New Wings Wargrounds server. Numbers have been up around the high 20s on average...but more pilots are needed, especially for the Entente.

So come on over and join the fight!

• Upvote 2

JG1 and 103d Aero have been battling it out over the unfriendly skies of France every Thursday night around 20:00 CST on the New Wings Wargrounds server. Numbers have been up around the high 20s on average...but more pilots are needed, especially for the Entente.

So come on over and join the fight!

Haven't been active on the Il-2 forums much, so I just saw this. Thanks for spreading the word mate!  :salute:  We've been getting numbers anywhere from 20-40 now, with an average in the low 30s. 

Curently, to give our pilots some variety, we've been switching servers every other week. We'll do Wargrounds one week and then the Cuban-Syndicate Connection server the next, so if you don't see us on one server, look for us on the other! I've also been livestreaming my flights each Thursday on Twitch. Overall, it's a whole lot of fun!  :biggrin:

With Flying Circus coming around the bend, there's no better time to jump in and revisit WW1 air combat at its finest. Salute & hope to see you there!  :salute:

- II./JG1_HotleadColdfeet (JG1_Hotlead_J10 in Rise of Flight)

Edited by II./JG1_HotleadColdfeet

I Know they are working on Flying Circus in parallel with tanks and Battle of Kuban. Has there been any time frame mentioned of FC release.

I Know they are working on Flying Circus in parallel with tanks and Battle of Kuban. Has there been any time frame mentioned of FC release.

In the Teamspeak interview, I think Jason mentioned that they hoped to release FC 1 by the end of this year. Also, the official announcement said that a preorder should be available sometime early this year. I’m hoping they'll do some sort of early access, like they did with some of the Kuban planes.

Sounds exciting! I might even be able to join in sometimes. I have barely played any Rise of Flight MP.

BlueCord, can you give me a little more info about the scenarios and the setup for the server? Is there an official TeamSpeak or Discord?

I'm happy to write up an article for the blog about it.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive
  • Upvote 1

HotleadColdfeet would be the better guy to ask honestly. I only posted here to help raise awareness for this weekly event. Since my switch to VR I havent touched RoF.

EDIT: I sent Hotlead a PM to help assist you with you inquiry.

Edited by II./JG77_BlueCordBandit
  • Upvote 1

Sounds exciting! I might even be able to join in sometimes. I have barely played any Rise of Flight MP.

BlueCord, can you give me a little more info about the scenarios and the setup for the server? Is there an official TeamSpeak or Discord?

I'm happy to write up an article for the blog about it.

Hi ShamrockOneFive!

We alternate between Wargrounds and the Cuban-Syndicate server. This week, it will be on Cuban’s server. Each week, there are things to do for both multi-seater pilots and scout pilots. Multi-seaters have a variety of missions they can accomplish (such as bombing different targets and reconnaissance) that help their team win the map. Scout pilots in turn, have a steady diet of bombers and enemy scouts to feed on lol. :lol: It’s not as organized as some of the really serious campaigns such as Flanders in Flames or Black September; the main goal is to enjoy the full multiplayer skies and have fun. :)

Allied pilots congregate on New Wings’ Teamspeak server (address below):

German pilots group up on New Wings’ and JG1’s Teamspeak server. JG1’s server is semi-private, so if you want to join our Teamspeak, I can certainly private message you the info. ;)

It would be awesome if you wrote a blog article about it! I’ve been a big fan of your work and love your site. :)

Here is the original thread on the ROF forums:

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/51030-join-us-103rd-and-jg1-flyin-thursday-evenings/

Also, for those who are interested, I’ve been live-streaming Thursday nights on Twitch. Here is my latest livestream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/224793087

(Livestreams are archived for 14 days before the system deletes them.)

Finally, I create an event on the Rise of Flight Facebook community each week detailing when and where the week’s event will take place. If people prefer Facebook to the forums, that would be the place to look:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/33580044099

Hope this helps! We’d love to see you there! :D

S!

- HotleadColdfeet

Awesome - thanks so much! I shared it to the ROF forums. :D

One note: my twitch videos auto-delete after 14 days, so soon the link you included in your write-up will be dead. If you’d like, I can highlight that particular broadcast and give you an updated link. That way, it would be permanent and not suddenly disappear. ;)

Awesome - thanks so much! I shared it to the ROF forums. :D

One note: my twitch videos auto-delete after 14 days, so soon the link you included in your write-up will be dead. If you’d like, I can highlight that particular broadcast and give you an updated link. That way, it would be permanent and not suddenly disappear. ;)

Oh right! Sure if you want to highlight that clip or if you feel there's another that's really representative of what tends to go on during these matches. I'd love to see that!

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

Posted (edited)
Salute all! I've decided to start posting my weekly Twitch streams here to get the hype for Flying Circus going. :cool: (Shameless plug here: If you want to get notified when I go live on Thursdays and on my other streaming days, feel free to give me a "follow" on Twitch! ;)

I had a great time as usual on Wargrounds tonight! Got to give my new MFG pedals a real baptism of fire, and I was quite pleased with their performance. A highlight of the night was one of the most tense engagements of my ROF career. You can see it from beginning to end starting at the 1:23:30 mark and ending at the 1:38:30 mark. When facing superior numbers, pre-engagement positioning is key.

We will be online next Thursday at 8pm Central time on Cuban's server! :D
  • Upvote 1

Was a good evening. Very enjoyable. That was quite an epic flight you had there HotleadColdfeet - you must have been exhausted at the end of it. And that Pfalz D.XII is a cool aircraft.

PS:  At 1:01:25 "... is that a seaplane?!"     LOL.  S!

• Upvote 1

Thanks Dietrich! Yes, I was wiped out at the end of that one! 

As as soon as I saw there were Brandenburgs on the map, I pretty much knew what you would gravitate towards. :D 

I swear I will join you guys. Normally my Thursdays have nothing in them and then I've had a string of busy Thursdays!

• Upvote 1

Really good time on there tonight! The thatch and weave we performed picks up around 1:11:00 in the stream. Good flying HotLead!

• Upvote 1

I assumed the servers were dead TBH. This is great news, I’ll be sure to join you guys :salute:

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 7./JG26_Shadepiece said:

Really good time on there tonight! The thatch and weave we performed picks up around 1:11:00 in the stream. Good flying HotLead!

Thanks for winging up - I’m elated we both survived and made it back to base on that one. Great job calling the weave! 

7 hours ago, FFS_Cybermat47 said:

I assumed the servers were dead TBH. This is great news, I’ll be sure to join you guys :salute:

We’ve love to have you! It officially begins on Thursday evenings at 8pm Central US time (for those of you from Down Under, that’s Friday afternoons starting at 12pm Sydney time) and then goes on for about 2 hours after that. 

If you have any questions, just let me know! :)

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Salute all! Had a fun time this evening running some "Big Wing" tactics with 10+ JG1 pilots! What really stood out to me is that in nearly every engagement we got into (and there were a lot!), was that the Allies gave as good as they got. Fine flying, gentlemen! 

Here is the archived stream:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/247150505

Looking forward to next Thursday! :cool:

Posted (edited)
Salute all!

Had an entertaining night on Wargrounds this evening! Unfortunately, my pilot died due to pulling his wings off. Evidentially, I had taken wing damage when attacking an AI bomber and lost my wings performing a diving turn on an Se5a. Ouch. :( (See the 28:03 mark of part I for the fateful moment)

My Twitch stream is broken into two parts as the first part captured no in-game or teamspeak sound. It only captured my voice. :/ This was baffling as I had recently tested it earlier and it worked fine. Those who want to see part I can find it here:

In the second part, after a few minutes of testing, I got the sound back online. ;) And I got to fly my beloved N.28! :cool: You can watch part II here:

I'm working on rennovating my Twitch streams as I have time, so there are a still bugs to be worked out. Eventually I'll get it where I want it. ;) I sincerely appreciate every one of my followers and viewers. You guys are the best! :D

Also, big thanks to everyone who showed up to fill the server tonight. We had 34 guys online at one point!

I will catch you all again next Thursday on Cuban's server! :icon_e_salute: 

Salute all! Had fun times on Cuban's server! Props to US103_Parsons for ending another streak of mine before it got out of its infancy lol! Oh well...live and learn. Got another streak started. Hopefully this snot-nosed recruit learned from his predecessor's experiences lol!

We will be flying again next Thursday (10:30pm Central US time) on Wargrounds! See you then! biggrin.png
  • Upvote 1

I had a rough night.

The numbers were rather stacked so I went Entente and that meant taking aircraft that I'd little experience with. I had two game crashes, someone jumped in my gunner-position and shot my wings off (just as I was reaching the target) and I got shredded by ground fire on several occasions.

And, just when I thought it simply would not get any worse...

... Hotlead joins the server.

Twitch: 01:02:01 +

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/252299651?t=01h02m01s

Hotlead finds me and perforates my top wing. I managed to ping him with the rear-gunner. He was obviously damaged, as I managed to turn about and get him in my sights and I started to give chase. But he deftly avoided me and immediately landed out safely. My aircraft was in tatters by that stage, and I was finished off by one of his wingmen a few moments later. The plane disintegrate and pieces rained from the sky.

Twitch: 01:22:50 +

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/252299651?t=01h22m50s

I'd managed to hit some German trench positions and then spotted an Albatrosen-Schwarm behind me, so I headed up the river to the road to get the artillery columns. The enemy obviously had me in view and were going to follow. I managed to hit some supplies and just kept on flying, heading into the the sun, hoping they'd lose sight of me. No good. The gap slowly closed and Hotlead picks me apart bullet by bullet over the course a several minutes. Painful.

Twitch: 01:42:07 +

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/252299651?t=01h42m07s

Having hit a few forward positions, I noticed I'd attracted attention. Some Albatros starts following, constantly marking me out with flares. I picked up the town on the river and crossed over at the ruined bridge. With an enemy on my tail firing hard, I raced down the road and bombed a supply column. But the Albatros (Hotlead) was picking away at me, and I was leaking fuel, water and blood by that stage. Then the wings ripped off. Sigh.

Twitch: 01:55:57 +

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/252299651?t=01h55m57s

"Oh, I bet this is Dietrich". No? Really? Each time I head out, I have to fly under a constant "cloud cover" of Central pilots, and sure enough I get spotted again (by Hotlead). I was trying to fire back, but was getting hit and (as per usual) so few of my bullets ever land. During a turn the plane disintegrated. Partly due to damage, but I think I also clipped a tree.

Shot down four times in a row by the same adversary.

It was time to call it quits.

Well done, Hotlead.

Edited by xvii-Dietrich
Fixed video link.