Wizzzard

World War One planes to fly in IL2 games

It's obvious that devs don't have time now for RoF, there is always a possibility to outsource or sell it aka Cliffs of Dover.

I really hope it won't be abandoned altogether. I've just rediscovered it and I'm really loving it. I'm hoping they can make it a module for IL*2 so it can be used on the same launcher. RoF could benefit from some of the newer BoX upgrades and BoX could also benefit from some RoF tech as we've seen with the sea and hopefully with specular mapping for bare metal effects one day as well.

From Han's Dev Diary entry yesterday: "Plans for the new year are being finalized and confirmed, ...all we can say now is that they'll definitely amaze you."

If there's one thing that can be learned from the success of this game's developers it's, never say never!

• Upvote 1

I still fly ROF and I am really looking forward to flying The Flying Circus. Awesome !!!!

Such wonderful news isn't it? 

I was telling the wife all about it this morning, which was met with /rollseyes, "How much money did you spend this morning?"

I'm so pleased by that announcement.  :biggrin:

Completely unexpected, not something I thought I would care, but now I can’t wait to have it and build all kind of missions for it!

• Upvote 2

Was thinking ... PWCG should work seamlessly with RoF and Flying Circus.  You could start a career in RoF and fly early, when switch to the more modern FC to fly the last year.  As more WWI time frames are added RoF would recede and FC would expand.  It ... could .... work ... maybe ... yeah, it can (might take the software equivalent of a crowbar and duct tape though :) )

• Upvote 1