Riderocket

Took a break, and im back. Very disappointed.

I've been busy with work, and I had to take a break off this game and the forums, but I still check the weekly development updates.

But I had to read people's opinions about the new G6 and La-5FN.

But... I was very disappointed.

Peoples attitude in this game and the forums will never change, I remember after kuban was announced, everyone was complaining about how they had the G4 instead of the G6, they all complain about Russian bias, etc etc.

Now that we have a G6 coming, there's more complaints about how bad the G6 is and how they want a G2 with 1.42 boost? It's like a never ending list of complaints.

In my opinion, the development of this game is perfect. The developers spend so much time and resources adding features and on improving the game, like DX11 and VR, a career mode that's better then the campaign, And more aircraft. They've improved the FM and DM over time and it'll probably just keep getting more refined. And don't get me wrong, there's alot of games out there that spend Thier budget on adding useless features, but not this game!

Thats just my 2 cents.

thank you devs for such an amazing game.

It's a shame I have no time to fly anymore :(

Looking forward to midway S!

Edited by Riderocket
  • Upvote 24

Couldn't agree with you more Riderocket...........  I spend what little time I have to play the game that i don't worry about the things that don't mean squat. I look forward to the new planes and game features and how I'll try to get around to all of them each in their own time.  Trying to figure out how to best utilize each plane and wring the most out of it I can is enjoyable.  I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between one cannon or the other, I'm either good enough at the moment to shoot down or bomb the opposition or I'm not.  Figuring I could of done it better with a different gun or engine is moot.  But, I do wish the mission builder was a bit more user friendly.  Loved building missions in the old legacy IL2.  

Cheers

Hoss 

• Upvote 2

I agree. This game just keeps getting better and better with more planes, more features and improvements. It seems like the more you give some people the more they complain. There are a few people like that in my family. They could win a $500M lottery and complain about it.

• Upvote 2

Remember, the folks that complain the loudest are the least satisfied and the rest of the folks generally don't say much or if they do its swept up in the cacophony of a select few. My general impressions are that people are liking the latest additions and all of the news coming from the devs and are genuinely excited about the series and its future. 1CGS is doing a great job and Jason's been leading a real revitalization to the point where I've noticed new faces and old faces alike joining in.

Don't let the few really negative comments dissuade you. Things are going well. Even the negative comments are signs that folks are paying attention! :)

• Upvote 4

Nice to see you around Riderocket. I hope you get more time to put some flying hours in for Midway.

I wouldn’t worry about that certain interest group too much. I no longer do. It’s fun to have a dig at them now and again though, as they always manage to prove themselves worthy of their reputation.

Good to see you back once in a while.

Most of the serious complaints have been silenced at this point by the astonishing leaps this sim has made. What is left is just people bickering about details, which is just the Internet being the Internet.

• Upvote 2

What Finkeren said. This sim is the dog's bollocks, the cat's posterior. Truly fine in both design and execution. We live in glory days (when it comes to simming, real life.... hrm)

• Upvote 1

The sin of the game is

this game emphasizes the power of in-game planes from day one.

And salesment depend on PLANEs like hell.

When customers complain about the cons of new planes,the devs are glad to determine which should be the next plane to sale.

Human beings are always hunger for new. Always not enough.Soul of marketing was to develop it.

That's the reason why devs always ignore the tutorial part and ai development.

Keep geting back and try not be so serious.

Peace

Well the russian will get a OP  UFO LA 5 FN :lol: :lol: :lol:

while germans get the early  slow tractor  G6

:ph34r::biggrin:

for some slow thinking people ... (it is a joke....)  (smilies anyone?)

Edited by Luftwolf
  • Upvote 2

Dont give em any moeny if you dont like what they do. Its that simple.

Dont give em any moeny if you dont like what they do. Its that simple.

u dont get it right ? it was fun.   I will buy them like all other  IL-2  Addons.... just check my  Golden Expansions Markers ;)

I like  this game really much.... just some decisions like how the   "minengeschoss" works. I dont like that much

Edited by Luftwolf
  • Upvote 1

Learn the mission builder, set invincibility and enjoy your can't lose/german dominance and spare us your Russian bias whining. JFC
  • Upvote 1

There will always be whiners. And sometimes people do have suggestions with merit.

But to be honest this community is the best I've seen. Most everyone is respectful and mature and the jackasses are few and far between. I've played tons of other online games for years and the amount of immature trolls/jerks/whiners compared to il-2 community is like night and day. This game is awesome.

• Upvote 3

There will always be whiners. And sometimes people do have suggestions with merit.

Like when I suggest/whine/bitch/moan about a QMB with some meat on its bones or a Mission Editor interface that doesn't make you feel like you were woken up at 3AM to be beaten with a textbook?

But seriously, deficiencies notwithstanding, this remains a stunningly good flight simulator. I don't fly Il2-46 anymore at all and DCS is gathering cobwebs inside my SSD.

It's all BOX for here on in.   :cool:

• Upvote 2

Agree with the above, this is the finest sim, really enjoy it, the models are excellent, never have enough time to fly it, and glad I put my money on it when it started. As for the moaner's, Some people will never be happy. Russian bias....it's their war they are covering, just because we've not done that in our history lessons aint' their fault. But we have  Spitfire, we might get a Hurricane one day, but I've said before, my hat off to the people who had to fly those thing's for real, my respects

Salutations,

I agree with CanadaOne's sentiment.

"Constructive" criticism from those of us that have paid for and love the simulation and only want it to become better and better for all of us is and should be welcomed. :salute:

Now if the developers will give us more tanks to drive. Oh... and fix the AI tanks being able to spot and fire through forest and spot through ground elevations. Not a whine.... a sincere tank mission builders desire. Just a thought. :biggrin:

Oh, and....  nevermind. That's enough "whining" from me.... for now. :)

Edited by Thad
  • Upvote 2

it would be funny if you could even control AAA Vehicles in a mission ^^

That would be a riot!

Airfield defense. :hunter:

That would be a riot!

Airfield defense. :hunter:

Id love that.

Even driving cargo trucks around!

• Upvote 1

Id love that.

Joe Target. ;)

I'd love to man a twin 37, or whatever, and deal out some love to some smartass in a 110 who thinks he's about to fly a successful a SEAD mission.

Id love that.

Team Fusion has upcoming player manned AAA in COD. :)

Edited by Thad
  • Upvote 2

Team Fusion has upcoming player manned AAA in COD. :)

I tried COD a few months ago (through Steam with the patches.) Returned it after five-minutes of playing it. Just couldn't handle the "downgrade" from BOX.

BOX has made me an elitist dirtbag for sights and sounds. :cool:

• Upvote 4

I think this is great community. But  I have never understand this quite annoing luftwhiner name calling. Many times it ends up locking interesting topics. Who are those whiners? Are they the same group of people who worked hard for years before the 190 get  CORRECTED. Or those who helped the devs CORRECT the p40? Or Mig? How many whiners there are? For me it looks like, if there are any whiners, they are very helpfull for this game. We are like massive testing group. Devs should listen the complains, even the negative feelings if many players are complaining the same issue.

Edited by VesseL

Breaking the #17 and #18 barrier. I not see what is funny to spread false claims?

• Upvote 1

Breaking the #17 and #18 barrier. I not see what is funny to spread false claims?

Oh! Watch for #17.

Spankings are administered. :P

I think this is great community. But  I have never understand this quite annoing luftwhiner name calling. Many times it ends up locking interesting topics. Who are those whiners? Are they the same group of people who worked hard for years before the 190 get  CORRECTED. Or those who helped the devs CORRECT the p40? Or Mig? How many whiners there are? For me it looks like, if there are any whiners, they are very helpfull for this game. We are like massive testing group. Devs should listen the complains, even the negative feelings if many players are complaining the same issue.

Important to separate two groups out. I dislike the term "Luftwhiner" but for the sake of consistency we'll keep it for now... the "Luftwhiners" are more than just the folks who complain about German planes really. But they are the loudest. And also the least likely to do anything except complain.

The folks who did real research didn't whine or complain. They stated an issue, they backed their claims up with data and sources, and in the end we all won because those efforts to dig deeper into sources revealed the kind of data that was needed. That's constructive.

The name calling (that includes the "Luftwhiner" term which I dislike) and accusations thrown around by the folks who were only interested in complaining was something else. Best to separate the two groups.

• Upvote 2

Who are those whiners? Are they the same group of people who worked hard for years before the 190 get  CORRECTED. Or those who helped the devs CORRECT the p40? .

No and no - not the same people. :)

• Upvote 1

A "Luftwhiner" can be one or both of these two things:

1: Someone who constantly complains that any perceived (or real) underperformance of Axis aircraft - or vice versa overperformance of VVS aircraft- somehow makes them the underdog and completely impotent, despite still having the superior aircraft.

2: Someone who claims that these perceived (or real) inaccuracies are somehow due to a strong bias on part of the devs or deliberately done for "balancing" purposes.

Someone who offers reasoned and well documented critique and points out perceived inaccuracies or flaws in a calm and factual manner is NOT a Luftwhiner but a valuable member of the community making an important contribution for the betterment of the sim.

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 4

Really. I thought luftwhiner is just a myth, or a joke to make axis pilots mad, you know pick a fight, when you know the mods are on your side. Ok i was wrong thank god. But isnt it unfair, that LW side are not allowed to complain,(without name calling) even any REAL underperformance or other  flaws they find. If that is the case we are all luftwhiners. In fact it has some clory in that name , luftwhiner... the ultimate underdog. Thanks for explanation guys.

For the russian bias thing. It has mentioned in this thread many times. But not once by luftwhiner.   :)

Seriously, you are exaggerating this as a problem. I hear more whining about luftwhining than real luftwhining. Same with bias accussations. Lots of accusation about bias accusations, and few real bias accusations.

And if it is used as a silence tactic, then it is not friendly or acceptable, right? Not something, that a good community would do.

Seriously, you are exaggerating this as a problem. I hear more whining about luftwhining than real luftwhining. Same with bias accussations. Lots of accusation about bias accusations, and few real bias accusations.

Those have died down in recent months, especially since the Fw 190 FM overhaul.

However, it was a huge problem before and really poisoned the well for many who were on the fence about the sim.

Those have died down in recent months, especially since the Fw 190 FM overhaul.

However, it was a huge problem before and really poisoned the well for many who were on the fence about the sim.

The huge problem that was? Was it the luftwhiners, or the luftwhiner-whiners, or the fact that 190 was not ok.

The huge problem that was? Was it the luftwhiners, or the luftwhiner-whiners, or the fact that 190 was not ok.

Luftwhiners were a huge problem, especially their insinuation of delibarate bias. I still meet people in MP who believe that crap, because they read it on this forum once.

The criticism of the way the Fw 190 was modeled was of course completely legitimate, and would have been legitimate even if it was wrong - you are always allowed to voice criticism that's constructive and well reasoned.

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 1

Couldn't agree more with the op.  

Unusually we have a developer who really does go out of their way to make things better for the players. 

I have not changed my pc at all from when I first bought BOS but the performance and the way the game looks have been greatly enhanced.

We are just about to get a campaign system and if it is comparable with ROF's one (and I see no reason why it shouldn't be) then I think this sim, will be well.. truly great..

Well done devs 

:)

We are just about to get a campaign system and if it is comparable with ROF's one (and I see no reason why it shouldn't be) then I think this sim, will be well.. truly great..

Well done devs 

:)

From what I have read so far, sounds like it is going to be even better. I am really looking forward to it!

I am a SP guy all the way, and between the new campaign and PWCG I am going to be set for quite a long time. I am so looking forward to this new campaign system!

• Upvote 1

I love MP but am frankly poo at flying/combat/taxiing etc etc etc, so I too am really looking forward to blundering through the SP campaign