6./ZG26_Custard

Let's talk about the G6

When/If the La-5FN comes to the game, the Luftwaffe guys that use the 109 for turning contests will have to be very carefull to avoid getting caught low by one of them. La5-FN low + 109 low = Dead 109 x 2. Simple as that

True. At lower altitudes, the La-5FN should give the 109 (any type) its first taste of what it means to be an underdog.

True. At lower altitudes, the La-5FN should give the 109 (any type) its first taste of what it means to be an underdog.

Though I don't think this will happen. I mean, many of the "109 only" jocks today will switch sides and transfer to whatever is the top dog at the moment.

If I'm correct, the way the situations is on online servers today will just reverse when it's a map with G6's vs la5fn's.

Not complaining, I'm looking forward to flying the g6.

Pinko's "109 = boobies" is by far the best post on this whole forum :biggrin:

Absolutely!  :biggrin:

Pinko's "109 = boobies" is by far the best post on this whole forum :biggrin:

Distasteful, Sexist, Offensive and Reductive is what you wanted to say. 

• Upvote 1

Thing is, you can Transition Fighting Altitudes so quickly in the 109, and once you get to 2000m you have the upper hand.

But up until that point the La-5FN will be able to follow a 109 on combat power in a climb - that is what sets the FN apart from all other VVS fighters.

And hilarious because of it :biggrin:

I'm the resident feminist/SJW here, and I thought it was pretty funny.

Thing is, you can Transition Fighting Altitudes so quickly in the 109, and once you get to 2000m you have the upper hand. 

Mm in case of a la5fn thats not true. I think la5fn will be better all the way to ~4500m.

In case of la5f they become equal at ~3500. Or a 109 gets better climb above this altitude. Check that quote ive posted in a la5fn topic and notice the 3500 figure. That refers to a la5f.

All that in terms of speed and climb rate.

Edited by Max_Damage

Mm in case of a la5fn thats not true. I think la5fn will be better all the way to ~4500m.

In case of la5f they become equal at ~3500. Or a 109 gets better climb above this altitude. Check that quote ive posted in a la5fn topic and notice the 3500 figure. That refers to a la5f.

All that in terms of speed and climb rate.

Thing is: The forsazh boost is largely ineffective above 2000m.

I'm shocked, shocked I say. You should check your privilege!   
  • Upvote 1

Thing is: The forsazh boost is largely ineffective above 2000m.

In the air combat manual:

la5 and me109g have similar climb rate up to 3500m. After that me109 has a better rate of climb. Hence the best tactic is to do combat below 3500m.

Edited by Max_Damage

In the air combat manual:

la5 and me109g have similar climb rate up to 3500m. After that me109 has a better rate of climb. Hence the best tactic is to do combat below 3500m.

Keep in mind that this based on a limited understanding of the actual capabilities of the Bf 109.

• Upvote 1

Keep in mind that this based on a limited understanding of the actual capabilities of the Bf 109.

Im not so sure about that, a bunch of intact planes have been captured in Stalingrad.

And hilarious because of it :biggrin:

It' s the current year and you're not enough to the left anymore. The overton window has moved. Beware, you' re going to end in reeducation camps like the rest of us cis-gendered white males...

I' d say you should undergo "sex reassignment surgery". That way you should be safe.

It' s really interesting how your fear of woman taking away your dick is relevant to the 109 G6.  :crazy:  :coffee: 

how about you stop this shit and get back oT?

• Upvote 2

It' s really interesting how your fear of woman taking away your dick is relevant to the 109 G6.

I LOLed, but yeah: back on topic.

It' s really interesting how your fear of woman taking away your dick is relevant to the 109 G6.  :crazy:  :coffee:

how about you stop this shit and get back oT?

How dare you assume what the individuals sex/gender is! They could identify as a Demiqueer Otherkin  or even identify as a G6!  Anyway about that G6.......

Aw thanks!

Whilst I don't think for a moment think Klaus was genuinely upset, it is probably true that such childish humour is against the forum rules, so apologies ,but probably more apologies necessary for derailing the thread; it was Friday, I had a lot on in work so naturally I was trying to find anything else to think about.

On the G6, as I mentioned earlier I was interested why people had called for it and been disappointed when it wasn't in the original spec of Kuban, it seems that a lot of the interest is in the bigger guns it sometimes came with, some of which are debatable as to whether they should be there for certain timescales. Personally if they can put them in as field mods I would say go for it, then lock them out of campaigns/missions/multiplayer as is then necessary. But, maybe it is currently too much work to add in the new weapons.

Anyway, fingers crossed for the G6 fans that they get what they want.

Well, the Devs have shown absolute Inconsequence concerning historical accuracy of some Mods. We shall see what they decide. 

When/If the La-5FN comes to the game, the Luftwaffe guys that use the 109 for turning contests will have to be very carefull to avoid getting caught low by one of them. La5-FN low + 109 low = Dead 109 x 2. Simple as that

Underdog the 109 ->>> xD - At any altitude nothing beats the 109

See E-7 beats the Yak-1 at any altitude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyoyxNcUhaU

See the G-2 beats the La-5 and Yak-1 at any altitude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFjfpmbNoGw

On the G6, as I mentioned earlier I was interested why people had called for it and been disappointed when it wasn't in the original spec of Kuban, it seems that a lot of the interest is in the bigger guns it sometimes came with, some of which are debatable as to whether they should be there for certain timescales. Personally if they can put them in as field mods I would say go for it, then lock them out of campaigns/missions/multiplayer as is then necessary. But, maybe it is currently too much work to add in the new weapons.

Anyway, fingers crossed for the G6 fans that they get what they want.

I'm interested in the bigger guns because the 109 is basically turning into a one-pass plane at this point when it comes to engaging other fighters. At least for those of us who aren't aces.

I'm not interested so much in the 30mm, so much as the 13mm's. I think they will be a big help, and a nice step up from the rifle caliber pinpricks you'd get before when a plane manages to be just between your 20mm rounds.

• Upvote 1

Underdog the 109 ->>> xD - At any altitude nothing beats the 109

They were talking about performance of the planes, not the pilots.

Finnish pilots shot down Yak-9s and La-5s with Brewsters in ww2, does that mean nothing beats Brewsters?

Edited by DB605
  • Upvote 2

Isn 't that the definition of "best post" thtroughall the history of the internet? 

• Upvote 1

I'm interested in the bigger guns because the 109 is basically turning into a one-pass plane at this point when it comes to engaging other fighters. At least for those of us who aren't aces.

I'm not interested so much in the 30mm, so much as the 13mm's. I think they will be a big help, and a nice step up from the rifle caliber pinpricks you'd get before when a plane manages to be just between your 20mm rounds.

With this think You will be satisfied.

Same here. Although I consider the Po-2 more as a Featherweight.

But would you pay for a completely unarmed Aircraft?

Yes :-)

The D.H. Mosquito B. Mk. I, have always been a favorite of mine :-)

Yes :-)

The D.H. Mosquito B. Mk. I, have always been a favorite of mine :-)

LaGG-3 seria 1-3 

LaGG-3-3serie_r1mt.jpg

And all of these:

fig4.jpg

How about an early Yak-1?

yak1-1.gif

But my Favourite (we'll unlikely ever see in Il-2 though)

21047314635_fdd1f310cc_b.jpg

Oh, I'm hoping on Ki-43 and Ki-61 to get in the game at some point.

I very much prefer the Imperial Japanese Army types to the IJN kites.

• Upvote 2

Back on topic now lads.

How much ammo for the 50 cals on the G6?

300RPM, so 600 overall. And stay Metric. it's a 13mm. That Yankee Crap doesn't fly here. 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann

That's some serious fiddy-cal to share with our VVS friends.

How on earth did they fit it all into that tiny nose section with the 605 you have to wonder.

Edited by Boaty_McBoatFace

Oh, I'm hoping on Ki-43 and Ki-61 to get in the game at some point.

I very much prefer the Imperial Japanese Army types to the IJN kites.

I don't get "much prefer" given the Zero, but to each his own.

I'd love to see the Oscar, but ecstatic that we're getting the Zeke.

In general Gambit, I don't like navy planes, anybodies navy planes...

There are some exceptions of course, like the H8K, A6M2N, and F4F, but if I have a choice I will always take a land based aircraft over a carrier based one.

Fewer compromises in the design.

Oh, and how did they fit all that 13mm/.51" ammo in the G6?;  Kindly take note of those hideous, speed stealing bulges on the sides of the engine cowling...

And Klaus, kindly knock it off with the disparaging comments about my countrymen.

It simply does not belong here, or anywhere for that matter.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Upvote 2

*Imperial* crap, ol' bean.

I didn't start it. 

And .50 cal is Perfectly fine when we talk about a .50-70 Governement, .50 Action Express, .500 S&W, .50 BMG etc., but the MG131 fires 13x64mmB. These are Names, not Measurements, although they may try to suggest it. 

I wouldn't call a 2017 Dodge Challenger an early 2000s Mercedes E-Class Station Wagon, because they are basically the same except for the Engine and Build Quality.

And I wouldn't call a .50 BMG a 12.7mm.

• Upvote 1

Oh, and how did they fit all that 13mm/.51" ammo in the G6?;  Kindly take note of those hideous, speed stealing bulges on the sides of the engine cowling...

And Klaus, kindly knock it off with the disparaging comments about my countrymen.

It simply does not belong here, or anywhere for that matter.

Those bulges are for the larger protruding breech blocks. 

Just ignore him. Fiddy-cals or 13mm, whatever you want to call 'em, who gives a flying toss? I do wonder how that cartridge will go up against the Russian 12.7mm, which is ferocious and has an even bigger cartridge than the USA .50BMG.