Photo

"Sirens of Death" II./StG 2 over Stalingrad

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 bravo6

bravo6
  • Founder

Posted 29 September 2017 - 16:04

Thanks Netscape, this is really good work. Awesome!!! Enjoying every second of it! :salute:

#42 NETSCAPE

NETSCAPE

Posted 29 September 2017 - 19:52

Thanks Netscape, this is really good work. Awesome!!! Enjoying every second of it! :salute:

Thanks. I was just about to post and ask for some action reports because it seemed to be getting a little too quiet! 

"Sirens of Death" - my single player campaign for the Ju 87 D-3: https://forum.il2stu...ver-stalingrad/

#43 Swing

Swing

Posted 30 September 2017 - 18:28

Mission 4 for me...just perfect for the moment...Ambience, action...timing of the waypoints...all is perfect dude... :good:

bos_gold_en.pngbom_gold_en.png

#44 NETSCAPE

NETSCAPE

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:49

UPDATE:

• added Spanish translation by: E69_Cananas
  • fixed additional typos on missions 1, 5, 9, 11 and 12
  • corrected bomb designation from "SC70" to "SD70" on all applicable mission briefings

"Sirens of Death" - my single player campaign for the Ju 87 D-3: https://forum.il2stu...ver-stalingrad/

#45 A-E-Hartmann

A-E-Hartmann
  • Tester

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:58

Thanks . :salute:

462891Mabanniereil2.png

#46 Comes

Comes
  • Founder

Posted 23 October 2017 - 16:32

Hey Netscape, thank's for the campaign, I am enjoying it so far.

However I can't seem to get past mission 12: The Final Card.

I fly to the target, drop my bombs, fly back to base ( I am pretty sure i got all the waypoints on the way back) and land. The message: "You have landed...Come to a full stop..." appears, but the message "Hit ESC to finish mission" does not. 

When I exit the mission, I always get a mission failed.

I also tried to let the auto pilot do the mission, but it keeps just circling above the target...

Any advice?

#47 NETSCAPE

NETSCAPE

Posted 23 October 2017 - 21:55

CRITICAL UPDATE:

• Fixed an issue in Mission 12 "The Final Card" where the RTB sequence might not fire under certain circumstances.

‚Äč

Edited by NETSCAPE, 23 October 2017 - 22:19.

#48 NETSCAPE

NETSCAPE

Posted 23 October 2017 - 22:09

Hey Netscape, thank's for the campaign, I am enjoying it so far.

However I can't seem to get past mission 12: The Final Card.

I fly to the target, drop my bombs, fly back to base ( I am pretty sure i got all the waypoints on the way back) and land. The message: "You have landed...Come to a full stop..." appears, but the message "Hit ESC to finish mission" does not. 

When I exit the mission, I always get a mission failed.

I also tried to let the auto pilot do the mission, but it keeps just circling above the target...

Any advice?

Thanks for the report. The problem was easily resolved. I forgot to make an input to one of the variables of my RTB logic. 

Before the fix the mission would work properly if all planes of a Kette survived over Stalingrad and dropped their bombs (3 planes registering dropped bombs). This must have been the case when testers and I played it. We were lucky.

However, there is a secondary variable based on a time value. Once the timer is reached it will force the RTB sequence regardless of the bomb situation. This variable is needed just in case a Stuka gets shot down before dropping bombs, rendering the first RTB trigger not possible. The two methods cancel one another out depending on which one is triggered first (bombs dropped vs. set amount of time over target area). 

Since the RTB sequence didn't trigger for you all the following waypoints didn't either, hence the circling over target. And the trigger that registers the mission as completed at the airfield is activated upon you crossing through the last waypoint - which didn't exist for you unfortunately. 

Edited by NETSCAPE, 23 October 2017 - 22:20.

#49 LLv24_T_Zami

LLv24_T_Zami
  • Tester

Posted 24 October 2017 - 14:00

I had a little break from the game due time shortages etc, but got back flying your campaign recently. I`ve only flown first 5 missions but it`s been great!

Performance optimizations done by devs to the AI and other parts of the game show up nicely in your missions. Lots of planes and targets, very cool. 

Don`t know if it can be seen in this picture but there`s more than 20 Stukas waiting for landing, that`s what I call a party  :biggrin:

20.jpg

And couple of random shots just for fun

ju.jpg

Stuka.jpg

Intel 6700k@4.6Ghz // Asus z170 Pro Gaming // 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz DDR4 // GTX 1080 // Crucial MX100 256GB SSD // 34" Dell U3415W 3440x1440 // Creative Sound Blaster Z // Saitek X-52 // Win10-64bit
5dD3HQL.jpgBlazing.jpg

#50 Comes

Comes
  • Founder

Posted 25 October 2017 - 18:02

That was a fast fix, thank's a lot!!!

#51 F/JG300_Gruber

F/JG300_Gruber

Posted 28 October 2017 - 18:16

Hi netscape, I went on mission 1 again (got shot down by AAA on my previous attempt). I noticed on the way back that the villagesmoke effect in 1017 isn't placed on the ground and that the smoke was emited 40-50m above ground.

5ISaUYS.pngnwwkBNc.png

Asus Z270, i7 7700K, GTX1080, 16Gb DDR4, 1To Seagate SSHD, 4k iiyama 40" monitor.

#52 NETSCAPE

NETSCAPE

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:34

Hi netscape, I went on mission 1 again (got shot down by AAA on my previous attempt). I noticed on the way back that the villagesmoke effect in 1017 isn't placed on the ground and that the smoke was emited 40-50m above ground.

Noted, thanks. 

#53 [E69]Overlord74

[E69]Overlord74

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:04

Thanks for your Work.

Gracias a E69_Cananas por su traduccion.

:biggrin:

#54 katdog5

katdog5

Posted 14 November 2017 - 13:37

hahaha.  first mission was awesome. 

taxied for 25 minutes, (what a set up!) flew 150+km with hot dog 109 cover,  welcomed at target w/flak (very thrilling) engaged my siren,  dropped my bombs on target, go blasted with a flak shell , blew my wing off and spiraled into the volga, a hero. 

thanks for epic mission! 

Edited by katdog5, 14 November 2017 - 13:41.

1080GTX / Oculus CV1 VR / i6700k 4.0Ghz / 16GB DDR4 / CH Products / 1.7SS + SteamVR Beta / 2xAA / ASW Off / Sharpen Off / Advanced Super Sampling Disabled

#55 F/JG300_Gruber

F/JG300_Gruber

Posted 14 November 2017 - 22:48

Same experience for the first mission. 

After the transit to the target, I followed my leader in the dive, nailed a boat with a bomb in the middle of the bridge and as I was pulling out of the dive, I took a 37mm hit in the engine. I had to force land the plane in the marshes east of the Volga. I can see the straight road to Gulag from there  :P

Second attempt was the good one, and I brought the plane back home, though a bit late because of some nasty surprise on the way back.

I just flew the second mission this evening, and it was a real kick. Lots of activity during warm up, I love how all these huge rows of planes are giving life to the airfield.

The arrival on the battlefield was awesome, lots of ground tracers, ground units everywhere advancing and firing on each other, artillery positions on the rear, concealed MGs and AT guns within the trees and houses of the city.

You really have to keep your eyes peeled to distinguish if the blast you just saw was from a hiden Soviet gun or from a lost panzer shell. A real mess !

That was the most realistic target area I ever flew above so far. I'm really looking forward to the next mission.

Hats off Netscape  :salute:

5ISaUYS.pngnwwkBNc.png

Asus Z270, i7 7700K, GTX1080, 16Gb DDR4, 1To Seagate SSHD, 4k iiyama 40" monitor.

#56 NETSCAPE

NETSCAPE

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:35

The arrival on the battlefield was awesome, lots of ground tracers, ground units everywhere advancing and firing on each other, artillery positions on the rear, concealed MGs and AT guns within the trees and houses of the city.

You really have to keep your eyes peeled to distinguish if the blast you just saw was from a hiden Soviet gun or from a lost panzer shell. A real mess !

That was the most realistic target area I ever flew above so far. I'm really looking forward to the next mission.

Hats off Netscape  :salute:

^^^ Thanks, I took a lot of time creating action on the ground. You will notice later that Stalingrad is a lot more "lively" than the normal  :cool:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

NETSCAPE