I tried the program today to make a Me262 campaign.

I installed it, set my owned planes and made a new Bodenplatte campaign for beginning of 45, but couldnt choose a unit that uses 262. 

I then tried to edit the airfields but didnt find a way to distribute 262s to some units. Is there any way of doing this?

23 minutes ago, ACG_Quax said:

I tried the program today to make a Me262 campaign.

I installed it, set my owned planes and made a new Bodenplatte campaign for beginning of 45, but couldnt choose a unit that uses 262. 

I then tried to edit the airfields but didnt find a way to distribute 262s to some units. Is there any way of doing this?

You can start a fighter 262 campaign in February of 1945 with Jv44.  You can start a bomber campaign (I believe the unit is considered an "Attack" unit) earlier with - I think - KG51.

I do not recommend and cannot support user edits of the config files.  They are there in JSON but you're on your own if you're going to change them directly. Those files do interact with the code so changing the data may cause PWCG to stop working.

1 hour ago, ACG_Quax said:

Okay, I found it. I have to choose "Interceptor" and not Fighter. Thx!

I had forgotten that I added Interceptor as a whole new category.  I did that to generate primarily high alt intercept missions against bombers.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, OrLoK said:

all fighters can take Interceptor missions or just selected units/airframes?

All fighters might get intercept missions, intercept units will specialize in them.  The 262 unit is the one true intercept unit.  I made the 110 unit an odd mash up of intercept/ground attack/recon if you really want to fly 110s in late 44

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 1:26 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

Configure BoX for PWCG

Ensure that mission logs are enabled

- BoX/Data/setup.cfg

-     mission_text_log = 1

Pat, shouldn't this be startup.cfg ?  BTW i keep getting all the skis reported as missing (9.2.0) but i made sure your skin file set is copied OK ... only if i de-select all, there's no one missing. Must have had too many weitzen beers ...

Edited by jollyjack
7 hours ago, jollyjack said:

Pat, shouldn't this be startup.cfg ?  BTW i keep getting all the skis reported as missing (9.2.0) but i made sure your skin file set is copied OK ... only if i de-select all, there's no one missing. Must have had too many weitzen beers ...

You're right.

Note to self: disable skins report until skins are in an acceptable state :) .  The skins that I do have are in the skin pack download at PWCG.  The others are stock skins inthe game and it's quite possible PWCG gets confused when it can't find them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 3:42 PM, Warden_Mahariel said:

Having a small issue, the flying circus version is running fine, but whenever I click the BoS version, I keep getting an error message, requires java runtime environment 1.8.0. I have already installed 1.8.0 and was wondering if this was a known issue

Had the same on my first install. Removed Java and reinstalled the 64-bit version. After that it worked.

On 7/30/2020 at 9:05 PM, Jiggs said:

How do you install the Skins pack and music that goes with PWCG?

The skin packs are for the game.  Unzip them from the game directory.  They will find their way to the right spot (<game>\data\graphics\skins\<planename>)

The music is for PWCG.  Unzip that into the PWCG directory (<game>\PWCGCampaign) and it will create an audio directory.

21 hours ago, fatboyhilton said:

I got the mission gen to work fine with ROF, but when I try to get it to work on IL2 it say's I need java for it to work! I dont understand.  HELP PLEASE!

In order for IL2 to work you do need the latest version of java.   Please go to the first page of this forum  and look for PWCG 10.3.4 Skins for F. C. discussion and read the instructions. You will also find a link for the latest version of java, I believe that is what you need. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, I thought I would try and install this to make FC Vol1 more involved. I downloaded the zip file and installed Java. I placed the zip file in 

c:/Prog files(x86)/1C Game Studios/IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles/

and after unzipping the file ended up with PWCGFC opening this folder has the PWCG.exe on starting the programme I was able to create a campaign and mission, however when I fire up IL-2 I cant find the campaign or mission in the missions section. I have changed the "mission_text_log 1"

What am I doing wrong? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Two quick things to check first:

1.  Be sure you are looking for the generated mission in the "PWCG" folder in the missions section (this is a new addition).

2.  Be sure you have 64 bit Java installed:

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there a mirror download site for the skin packs? I am having a very difficult time downloading them. I manage to get the first two, but pack 3 doesn't seem to want to download. It does that thing when the blue line just cycles through. I have tried to use Edge, Chrome and Brave. All three the same result. 

• 2 months later...

Yes PWCG is installed into the main folder.  Just as Pat has described below.  

On 2/5/2021 at 7:04 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

Is this a PWCG question?  BoX is installed wherever you installed the game.  It's your choice so it could be anywhere.

BoX is Battle of Stalingrad.  The "X" is a variable representing there are multiple campaign packs (ie. BoS- Stalingrad, BoM-Moscow, BoK-Kuban, BoB-Bodenplatte).  I guess not everyone has Stalingrad, so they use the X to represent the game as a whole.  Battle of Stalingrad main folder is the one to use.

1 hour ago, wiscstar said:

Yes it is.  Should I put it in the Battle of Stalingrad main folder?

Yes.  If you unzip into your main folder a directory called PWCGBoS will be created inside your BoS install.  PWCG is run from there.  

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2017 at 1:26 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

Configure BoX for PWCG

- BoX/Data/setup.cfg

Hi, this should read:

Configure BoX for PWCG

- BoX/Data/startup.cfg

Salute! and thanks for your work