Download PWCG here

As newer versions become available I will update this link.  At the moment 2.1.2 is the latest version.  Version 3.0 is under development.

Installation

It's a Java program so you have to have Java installed - latest version always works.

The download is a zip file.  Download into your BoX install directory.

Unzip the file into your BoX install directory.

PWCG will install into a folder called PWCGCampaign

Enter the PWCGCampaign folder and run PWCG.exe

First Run - Creating Your First Campaign

After the program starts for the first time everything is disabled except Planes Owned - press Planes Owned and tell PWCG which planes you own.

Once you do this the other buttons are enabled.

Create a campaign (New Campaign).

First select the service that you will fly for.

After that there is a step by step work flow ... do each step and then the Create Campaign button 

Configure BoX for PWCG

Ensure that mission logs are enabled

- BoX/Data/setup.cfg

-     mission_text_log = 1

Playing the Campaign

Press mission to create a mission.

Follow the flow through accept mission.

Fly the mission - it will be under the BoX Missions section

- NOT CAMPAIGN (BoX has no idea that a PWCG mission is part of a campaign)

Return to PWCG 

Press Combat Report

Claim your air to air victories

- You will not be credited with victories you do not claim

- Unless you really want to, do not over claim

Proceed through the debrief.

Repeat until you are dead or the war is over

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 6

Hi Pat, wished I'd seen this earlier. Once I found right link got things running in my steam version of BoS.

Only a couple missions in so far early Moscow in an Il2, ground set high and air medium. Nice.

It is nice to be rookie in a flight group. Flight seemed to engage ground target so ai working ok. We were intercepted by 109E7 's.

Fun and aa that unlike online mp settings isn't a dozen 38mm all with guided targeting.

Thanks, can't wait to fly some more missions.

GUI is a bit wierd to navigate but cn be learned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Knowing your great contributions to RISE OF FLIGHT, I will check this out.

Thank you for making it, Patrick!  Sent the 5 Dollars - it's a bargain!

Can anyone tell me, if it is possible - like it was in RoF for me - to be an online host for three friends,

without making it a public server for eveyone to enter?

Edited by Wolfram-Harms

Knowing your great contributions to RISE OF FLIGHT, I will check this out.

Thank you for making it, Patrick!  Sent the 5 Dollars - it's a bargain!

Can anyone tell me, if it is possible - like it was in RoF for me - to be an online host for three friends,

without making it a public server for eveyone to enter?

Co-op mode is coming.

Hi Guys

Can someone please tell me where the read me is to where I have to put it: Thanks in advance and sorry if its a stupid blindingly obvious answer :(

Cheese

Unzip the download into your root BoX install older.  It will install into a directory called PWCGCampaign

Congrats!

PWCG is an absolute blast!

Singel player is hellish on my 10 year old PC , Now I bought one that should last as long as my old . But it always when it is new they are best.

I probably buy  the new HTC Vive Pro when it arrives too, they say it got much improved resolution

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
  • 5 months later...
51 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

Never before someone posted his opinion that clear. Mastiff you clearly are a master of written word (or numbers in that case).

lol. just saying its updated. (Someone had to do it) I'm like, isn't what this sticky thread should be about, the version numbers updated?

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Pat, thanks for all the work, just downloaded it .... still had no time to work with it, but if useful for me i'll donate.

But i am already stuck, version 6.1.3, i think when i tried 6.1.2 a while ago it was OK, not sure though. PLS see log, Cheers, J

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by jollyjack
error log added

"pwcg.core.exception.PWCGException: Name must be English characters"

The game will blow up if you don't use English characters in an eng file. Did you not get a popup stating this was the issue?  If not I'll work on exposing this error as soon as you are entering data.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • 3 months later...
57 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Does it matter that this l "setup.cfg is not showing up in "Data?":

BoS/Data/

setup.cfg

I'm going to try to answer the question without really understanding it as written :) 

In the Great Battles data directory is a text setup file that allows the player to set game configurations.  One configuration is mission_text_log which will cause the game to emit text log files of mission events.  These log files are critical to PWCG to perform the combat report.  So yes, mission_text_log = 1 must be set properly in the Great Battles setup file.  If it is not set then text log files will not be created and PWCG will not be able to do a combat report.

1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Does it matter that this l "setup.cfg is not showing up in "Data?":

BoS/Data/

setup.cfg

Mission_text_log = 1 should be in the startup.cfg which is located down in the data folder.

sorry for my lack of clarity...but this is what I have in Data. No setupcfg.: ( In the meantime I'll run "Verify steam Files" in Steam utility & see if it turns up..)

set.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
added info
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Miras said:

I'm sorry about my question but I'm new in use PWCG.. When update 4.004 came out today will it be possible to use PCWG or have to wait for the update?

Thank you for answer

Should be fine.  New versions of Great Battles rarely break PWCG ... like almost never.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I downloaded pwcg for BoX and installed correctly but it keeps saying I need java to use it. I have Java. I use pwcg for rise of flight all the time and have used PWCG for BoX in the past no problem? What gives? Is the lastest version on the site broken?

14 minutes ago, mrBruce2 said:

I downloaded pwcg for BoX and installed correctly but it keeps saying I need java to use it. I have Java. I use pwcg for rise of flight all the time and have used PWCG for BoX in the past no problem? What gives? Is the lastest version on the site broken?

Been using latest version 8.7.3 for several days, if not a week already, there's no problem if you have 64-bit version of Java installed.

What is the error you get?

Edited by Nadelbaum
Typos...
3 hours ago, Nadelbaum said:

Been using latest version 8.7.3 for several days, if not a week already, there's no problem if you have 64-bit version of Java installed.

What is the error you get?

Got it resolved, I kept getting the error "Something something java 64 bit" Even though I have had it. What I ended up doing was installing an older version of Java and did a new install of PWCG. For some reason PWCG wasn't recognizing the version I had (even though it worked with RoF). But now I get half way through a mission and my game freezes and crashes with an error box that I cant click out of, no matter how many times I hit okay or X it keeps popping back up and im forced to shut off my computer 🤔😅

Only mods I have on are the colored tracer and cloud mods, so I don't know whats up now. I just wanna do ground attack in a p47 dammit

Edit: Well I got pissed off and threw my computer away, after installing Il2 and PWCG on this one everything works fine now. Thanks guys 

Edited by mrBruce2
solved the issue at hand