AndyJWest

Anyone else having problems reloading the Bf 110 G-2 3.7cm gun pod?

For some reason I often have to press my joystick button multiple times to get the gun to reload with the 'reload all guns' command (you can tell when it has loaded, because the red lights on the instrument panel flicker and there is also a sound effect). Using the keyboard instead seems to make no difference. Has anyone else had the same issue? It makes tank busting rather frustrating when I get perfectly lined up, and then just spray the target with MG fire.

I did a brief flight with it last night. I hit R to reload and it works fine. So it must be your stick or stick controller software? 

I did not fly 110g2 much in the current patch but I recall I used to have similar issue - needed to press R multiple times to get the gunner to reload. I think there is some amount of delay between firing the last shot and being able to reload it.

Edited by JaffaCake

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression, that you have to fly more or less straight and level for the reload to work, similar to how the fuel gauge in the Spit only engages, if you are not pulling Gs or diving/climbing too steeply.

From my experience, when I shoot bursts, I don't have this issue. When I fire single shots, I have to press the fire button one time after I shot the last round, before the reload key works.

Edited by Yogiflight

Does anybody still have this problem ? I do and it is infuriating because sometimes I have to press the button 20 times or more to reload.

You need to climb into the back and slap that lazy no good gunner till he does his job correctly! ;)

Did the developers tried to simulate gun jamming ?? If so they went too far because it is a real pain in the ass. That's unfortunate because they ruined the best German ground-attacker in the game: the plane which is not only considerably faster than HS-129 and Stuka but can actually fly on a single engine, is highly automated and has an effective rear gun.

Like Yogiflight said, once empty you have to press the fire button once more, then fly level and hit reload command. It reloads without problems that way. 

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

19 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Like Yogiflight said, once empty you have to press the fire button once more, then fly level and hit reload command. It reloads without problems that way. 

This, plus when you are shooting bursts, then there is no problem. It seems, the breech has to be in forward position for reloading.

29 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

This, plus when you are shooting bursts, then there is no problem. It seems, the breech has to be in forward position for reloading.

I am shooting bursts, yet I have this problem. Also, why can't the developers include instructions on a proper procedure how to reload the damn gun ?

2 hours ago, WheelwrightPL said:

I am shooting bursts, yet I have this problem. Also, why can't the developers include instructions on a proper procedure how to reload the damn gun ?

They did. It's literally one keypress to reload it. 

see above, the key is for the chamber/breach to be empty, I think. That is why the extra cycle works.  I actually switch briefly to the gunner's view when reloading and look, make sure he is doing his job...

I get really annoyed at him when lined up on a perfect t34 shot and....click ..nothing..