DeadMeat0383

The Unprofessionals - Australian based PvP server with AI

Hi there. It's been great flying on your server. One thing I have noticed though is the plane selection for the maps. I only have BoS and BoK so I was wondering why you have chosen all planes available for all maps? I'm curious why you are doing this as Wings of Liberty generally have planesets based on historical maps which I find way more interesting. 

If you need help with maps, I can help you select planesets. I will be getting Battle of Bodenplatte soon as it has some of my favourite ww2 aircraft but I think having all planes available in each map seems rather unbalanced and not as fun. I mean, as an allied pilot you would just choose the best late model plane every time and vice versa with Axis.

Giving each map it's own flavour with planes based on historical data would be a lot more fun as ppl would try out different planes and you get much more variety.

Anyway, it's great to have an aussie server man. I'm starting to really get back into flying again so just wanted to say thank you for posting the server. If you need help, please ask.

Thanks a lot, Kin

Hi Kinninmont,

The reason for having all the planes available on all missions is so that no matter which packs you own you can still fly the planes you want.

The missions are not meant to be historical, they are designed to be an alternative to the kinds of missions you find on other servers, not copies of them.
As for people just picking "The best planes", well the stats server says otherwise at my last look. In fact you see people flying the planes they are interested in which yes a few people fly the "best planes" but then the question is... what is the best plane? A 109k4 is never going to be a great ground pounder, why would you fly it to pound ground? Its not the best plane for that role.
As for people trying out other planes because the planeset is limited? in theory that might be the case but in practice if people can't fly the plane they want to fly they just leave the server.

Glad you are enjoying the server and the low ping we aussies so rarely get :P just a heads up that a new mission is on its way and im in the process of building it now and it will be focused on tank battles.
Now im going to have a nap before getting back to work on the mission

DeadMeat

Thanks for having the server the way you do, we were able to test the 262s without interruption AND even had some start harassing those of us still taking off by menacing with biplanes, that was fantastic.

Great times, appreciate having a place to do that! 

<S>

• Like 1

19 hours ago, [TWB]80hd-LW said:

Thanks for having the server the way you do, we were able to test the 262s without interruption AND even had some start harassing those of us still taking off by menacing with biplanes, that was fantastic.

Great times, appreciate having a place to do that! 

<S>

My pleasure. 

On 4/3/2019 at 8:23 PM, DeadMeat0383 said:

As for people just picking "The best planes", well the stats server says otherwise at my last look.

My fly bud who is new to IL2 and I (haven't flown much in the "new" IL2) are calling The Unprofessionals home at the moment to get out feet wet. Rides of choice so far: Yak1 Series 69 and the P-39 - just an example to back up your statement. Next weekend likely an IL2 as we've ended up ground-pounding.

Thank you for server - it suits us well before going more hardcore.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, wombatBritishBulldogs said:

I'm guessing the wind took the power lines down given the servers are not showing deadmeat !

Close, was a brief power outage while I slept, next time I do a pc parts order ill be getting a UPS as well but that will likely not be till after PAX later this year.

8 minutes ago, VSN_Razor said:

Could you please put the Pzkpfw. IV in your missions too?

It should be in all the tank missions, I know there is one where i put an extra pz3 instead of the pz4 i just havent had time to fix it yet

Posted (edited)

I have checked in many missions, couldn't find any Pzkpfw. IV, only III and VI. You sure they are in?

Edited by VSN_Razor

On 8/23/2019 at 9:12 AM, VSN_Razor said:

I have checked in many missions, couldn't find any Pzkpfw. IV, only III and VI. You sure they are in?

Yes they are in there, Boomboxes and Twitching Corpse both have it, the others either have it or are a work in progress as I get time to update the missions.

A little heads up: I'm right now in the server and the "Twitching Corpse" mission is running and I don't see the Panzer IV in the first tank spawn.

12 hours ago, VSN_Razor said:

A little heads up: I'm right now in the server and the "Twitching Corpse" mission is running and I don't see the Panzer IV in the first tank spawn.

Check the tank type rather than it's title, I noticed some of them I'd derped on the name, I'll recheck that mission tonight

19 hours ago, VSN_Razor said:

Ok updated the mission so that one should be fixed now, still slowly checking the other missions as I get time/energy to do so.

Thank you very much!

If you want, I can help you with checking the other missions.

2 hours ago, VSN_Razor said:

Thank you very much!

If you want, I can help you with checking the other missions.

If you just let me know which missions ive missed (obviously some wont have tanks at all) that would help a lot