Sign in to follow this  
Stratman59

No mouse control as gunner?

I thought I'd have a go at being a gunner but I am unable to aim as moving the mouse does nothing? I have attached a pic of my camera settings. It's odd because I can go into an external view (F2) and move the mouse without issues?  I've tried doing an internet search regarding this but can't find a solution?  

post-140905-0-95802700-1504807497_thumb.png

There's a button to pick up the gun, but I can't remember it... maybe T? And then Shift+T to look down the sights?

• Upvote 2

It's definitely possible, but if you once changed the bindings for turret control, it can be hard to reset to mouse if you don't know what controls you need to change... and I don't remember which controls one must change. I'm not sure you do it through camera controls, maybe check weapon controls.

The key binding for the mouse, you need is 'Pilot's Head Movement Horizontal/Vertical'.

• Upvote 3

You were not the first one and you certainly won't be the last one with this problem, as it is not easy to understand, why you control the guns with the pilot head movement, instead of a camera control, as I had thought as well.

• Upvote 1

You were not the first one and you certainly won't be the last one with this problem, as it is not easy to understand, why you control the guns with the pilot head movement, instead of a camera control, as I had thought as well.

Indeed, have had the same issue for a while now. But this has fixed it. thx

I think the update that introduced the VR support must have reset those camera control settings or something.