Sign in to follow this  
Stratman59

Guides to collector planes. Plus, little things that make you smile

I have Chucks excellent guide to BOS planes, are there any such guides for later released planes? For instance, I want to know does the Spitfire have water/oil cowles, does it have roll as well as pitch trim (my pitch trim works but roll does nothing). Take off and landing data, how to stop my engine over heating? 

Flying the Spitfire and turned to my left to notice the tiny split pins in the canopy hatch, still smiling at the amazing level of care that has gone into this sim, bloody wonderful.  

There are a lot of great visual interpretations of the information you're looking for, the one Thad linked being recent and particularly well done. One drawback to most of these awesome efforts is their completeness, however, either because new planes came out after a guide was made (like Chucks guide for BoS) or just because all that hard work takes time.

So, a less pretty but always complete and up to date source for this information is the aircraft specs from the devs, which usually include operation notes at the bottom that outline the peculiarities of the aircraft. These specs are available in the Specifications tab in game, found in the hangar or the "o" button map view on the right hand side. And also right here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25993-aircraft-flight-and-technical-specifications-and-operational/?do=findComment&comment=501901

But if you find community made visuals for all the aircraft you're looking for that's obviously way better :)

Edited by 19//curiousGamblerr

Thanks, Thad, I've downloaded that the guide, also thanks, curious, I didn't know that was there, very useful.  

you know. there is a long specifications sheet for every plane in game....right in the game. no pretty picture, but all the important information

• Upvote 1