Sign in to follow this  
Stratman59

BOS Campaign, is it broken?

Started flying the campaign over the past few evenings. Flew an intercept (bring down 2 bombers) on the expert level this evening and nothing ever turned up at the action zone? I flew about the area for over 10 minutes and then made my way back to the home airfield only to be told my mission was incomplete? 

Does this happen very often, a bit frustrating after a 37-minute flight? Also, why wouldn't you have a map in expert level?  I navigated with the briefing map but surely every pilot would have flown with a map? 

on expert level there is no padlocks (arrow pointer showing enemy) so you probably miss them. Expert level is RL representation.

You can chose Custom settings and adapt it to your needs.

Edited by EAF_T_Ribbon

I experienced that too, in a mission with the FW190, intercepting IL2, or.... well, not intercepting. I was definitely at the action point and had passed the first waypoint, but no IL2 arrived. I even had the radio message, that I reached the target area. But it was only one mission, so far.

I experienced this, too. But not on Expert-Level, so i could use the map with Aircraft-Markers (i fly in VR so this is a good compromise to the worse view i have with the resolution and screen door). What i always notice, is that the target-enemys are some kilometers further away from the action point, flying in circles. So i got closing up and finished the mission with shooting down these targets.

I had this several times in the first BOS campaign.

So maybe this is a bug.

I've seen this happen too but on Normal mode (as well as Expert). Occasionally, very occasionally the bombers just don't show up. I don't necessarily think its a bug... sometimes missions don't go as planned. I found some combat on the way home anyways.

I'm pretty certain I didn't just 'not see them', I too play on VR and to navigate I use the briefing map where Ai planes show up in red even on expert, at least they did the previous two missions? At least I now know it isn't just me, cheers. 

Same thing has happened to me few times too. But couple times when i went patrolling further away i found the bombers/sturmoviks.

i can confirm this. I was able to find my targets this way.

There are at least a couple of missions in the BoS campaign you have to fly a little further beyond the action point than usual to trigger the enemy AI to begin doing their thing. I remember one I had to practically fly out to almost the edge of the map.

The bombers just circle, there's no target for them to bomb there. The targets are where I'm sent to to defend them. It seems that the bombers are sent to a wrong location where they don't find anything, while you are sent to the correct location where you don't find the bombers. I think it's a bug, but happens rarely, 1 out of 10, so I can live with it until the new campaign system arrives  ;)

I found on intercept missions, sometimes the bombers are not triggered until you hit the mission exit way point.  Then they appear but for me I had spent almost an hour waiting and my fuel was low so I  to return to base.  Sneaky Bombers.