OBT-Psycho

A little help with the view

Hi guys,

I am fully enjoying the "blow stuff up in the air" thing as well as the "relearn all you think you knew about flying a warbird" in th sim. the camra system seems more complete than in ohter sims, offering a lot more stuff to do, but it confuses me a bit though.

I have a TrackIR and here is something I want to do but I am not sure how : 

I want to set up different head position on several buttons. I want to be able to swicht between them as I fly. So when I am in the lagg, I want to be with head fully back to have a nice view of the cockpit while I fly around. Then when I enter a combat zone, I would like to hit a switch that will set default head position a bit forward, to see the outter ring of the sight. as well in the 109, I would like to have first my head centered in the cockpit and fully backward, and then hit a button and have my head a bit forward and on the right in order to have the gunsight centered.

I don't seems to see which parameters I should mess with, neither do I with command. I have seen that you can do so with preset view on the numpad, but find out that one you use them, TrackIR doesn't work anymore and your view is fixed. And I have to maintain the button down doing so. 

so, any idea how I can make that work?

I am with you.

I have noticed that when the game was @32%, some couple of weeks ago, i was able to zoom in by hitting a single button. Now I cannot do this anymore, instead, i have to click and hold the Zoom in button for a while. This is just not right.

I like to fly with the zoom out view just like you stated, but when I am at 150 meters behind an enemy bogey, i switch to the gunsight view. It only took one push on the right button.

Now it is just painful, or could it be me who didnt find the right key binding?

there must be something to work around  with pan view, or additional view but I have to admit all these different mode of view kind of confuse me. I now exactly what I m looking for but don't know how to acieve it. 

The fact it is only 35% finished does not imply here (I think) as the view management system is a portage from RoF. So maybe someone with better knowledge abou how it works may help us

First you should deactivate TrackIR to setup your view settings. It's a lot easier that way.

You have to use "fixed quick view" in your case, so set that in the camera options.

Then press and hold (<- that is important, it won't work if you don't do that) one of the numpad key buttons (Numpad 7 for instance).

Then change your view position with the mouse control and your head position with your the ins/home/page-up etc. keys.

Change the FOV (or "zoom") with the + and - key on the Numpad.

Then save your view by pressing F10 and repeat the process with the other numpad keys. The default view is the numpad 5 key, so i would suggest to keep that as the zoomed out "crusing" view.

If you then click on 7, 5 etc. on the numpad, it should switch between your desired view settings.

You can ofcourse bind the numpad keys to your joystick then, but i prefer to use the numpad keys first to set it up, because it's easier that way.

You can keep saving the view after each adjustment, so you don't have to adjust it to your preferred view by using all those above mentioned controls before hitting F10. You can first change the head position and press F10 to save. Then change your view with the mouse and press F10. Then change the FOV and press F10 etc.

Edited by Matt

so, the "fixed view" would allow me to reset a new head position, and being able to use trackIR as I want from this new head position? this must be why I am confuse. 

Maybe fixed stand for the opposite of snap, which I think would make me hold the button down if I want to stay at this position and then it makes way more sense... am I ok there?

No, that won't work. I don't think there's a way to use multiple views with the way i described while also having TrackIR head control in that "new" view. I guess i misunderstood your post.

If you need TrackIR in all views, then you can only use the FOV-change/zoom feature and set a zoom speed according to your liking. Atleast i don't see a way to accomplish that in BoS as it is right now.

Edited by Matt

that's what I figured out. 

I think the only way would be constantly reajusting the default position, but NOWHERE I see me doing it on the fly. I guess I will have to find a way from what we have. Maybe a snap to the "gunsight" using the method described, even if fixed, it is still better that flying constantly whit the feeling your pilot is asleep leaning on  the starboard side of the fuselage  :happy: