indiaciki

I beg you - give us a Po-2

Let me be clear guys. I want a wide range of planes, both uber types and crap types. But this is a business first and foremost, and I must focus on what we can make that will boost sales or ones that are easy to make and we can keep costs low. Making an IL-4 or any multi-crew bomber eats up massive team resources and is not easy to do. The Po-2 offers a chance to create Arty Spotting like we had in ROF and throw sneaky night raids into the mix (I really want a Soviet woman pilot model too) and the plane is not difficult to research (there is one in a nearby museum) and build for the team building it. It's a great way to get them to learn how to do it and bring some new gameplay options. But if they fail, it's not an uber plane that will crush sales. I have also tasked the same team to build the Li-2 so the Soviets can have a cargo plane too and a stopgap bomber. Fingers crossed all goes to plan. I don't even like talking about it until I have more concrete results.

And don't forget you have the LA-5FN and 109 G-6 coming between projects built by us.

More planes of any type is a good thing in my mind.

Jason

• Upvote 35

That's great planning and vision, Jason :)

One thing I've noticed sets apart the Il-2 franchise from the rest is how you lads know how to grow it, but also when to grow it.

someone send Jason a ton of pictures of the Me 410, he's in his "make more planes" pants today!!!  ;)

it's a sign, it has to be 

post-24142-0-85175900-1504134522_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar
  • Upvote 1

Apart from the novelty factor, a complete waste of time and effort.

The subtleties that allowed the Po 2 to operate and might provide a compelling and entertaining story just don't exist in BoX.  Sorry Jason, that's just my 2 cents.

I disagree completely. A well-crafted campaign and an appropriately designed career mode would be great fun in the Po-2.

Had to dab the perspiration off my brow after reading that post. Here's to hoping all goes to plan!

• Upvote 1

Well, I suggest we scrub the La 5 FN completely as a cost saving measure.  So, hands up all those selfish people who don't want to help the company save money.

Cool, it's unanimous. 

I bought all available planes so far and I bought all planes for RoF too so of course I'd be buying this one as well (and any others you happen to throw into the mix including the "crap" ones Jason referred too :) )

Edited by BazzaLB

Dang! The good news keeps on coming!!!

We (probably) get a Po-2 and we get a La-5FN and Bf 109G6. Something for everybody!

This team lets us have the cake and eat to too :)

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 2

Great news Jason! Will buy everything the team release, crap or uber, and another copy for my father.

ONE Question though, I play offline and online and really like to see more planes type flying around on campaigns, doing their missions besides my squadron.

Making AI only planes, maybe a pack of 4 medium SOVIET and GERMAN bombers/attack planes, is too difficult/hard/time consuming for the FM guys? After the other team do the plane model exterior of course. Maybe is too expensive, so I asking.

The same thing but for ground forces and stuff to populate the world. Packs containing carts driven by horses, troops columns, Calvary, AT or artillery driven by horses or/and trucks/jeeps. That kind of stuff that would make the world more alive....and provide more targets to blow up

Edited by Mabroc

Put this stuff on Steam together with the rest of the collector planes and scripted campaigns once its finished, that will surely boost the sales  :)

Making AI only planes, maybe a pack of 4 medium SOVIET and GERMAN bombers/attack planes, is too difficult/hard/time consuming for the FM guys? After the other team do the plane model exterior of course. Maybe is too expensive, so I asking.

they're not doing AI only planes. the Ju-52 used to be AI only and creating it as AI only almost took up as much resources as a flyable aircraft. 

OK,my shopping list is sticked to the fridge

- sixpack of beer...checked

- U-2....checked

- Gustav 6....checked

- La-5FN....checked

- Li-2....checked

- bottle of borovicka...eh no,still got 2 in garage

:)

Such a nice plane. Where they used on the eastern front? 

Grt M

If we will consider Oder '1944 as an Eastern front - yes. One mission was planned to be flown, but unfortunatly, a formation of II./ZG76 was intercepted by P-51's just after takeoff and smashed, only 3 Me-410's were get back to land from whole group.

If we will consider Oder '1944 as an Eastern front - yes. One mission was planned to be flown, but unfortunatly, a formation of II./ZG76 was intercepted by P-51's just after takeoff and smashed, only 3 Me-410's were get back to land from whole group.

October 44. That quite a bit out of our current Il-2 scope then  :biggrin: . Well will have to compromise then and make the Bf-110 F-2.

Ontopic: I'm not quite sure on this topic. Off-course i would buy the Po-2, and i think it can be implemented with some nice features, but on the other hand it would also be nice to add some other minor variants of existing planes. 

Grt M

This is what was done by a Sita (modder from aviaskins community) 5 years ago.

post-1464-0-81655700-1504176344_thumb.jpg

Cockpits:

post-1464-0-80826800-1504176378_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-80076500-1504176379_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-28648000-1504176383_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-74934600-1504176383_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-03449700-1504176387_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-66799800-1504176387_thumb.jpg

post-1464-0-66397700-1504176408_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-07141600-1504176411_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-07680800-1504176417_thumb.jpg

Navigator/Bombardier/Gunner armamant:

post-1464-0-20739700-1504176506_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-22919000-1504176508_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-07007900-1504176511_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-23920800-1504176512_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-57356700-1504176514_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-57108300-1504176515_thumb.jpg

post-1464-0-22750500-1504176452_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 5

Who needs a gunner? A good old stuurman and pilot dynamic duo flying through the trees is enough to leave any fighter in the dust. Sita's mod looks good already, add BoX visuals and flight models to the experience and you have a plane for the ages :)

This is what was done by a Sita (modder from aviaskins community) 5 years ago.

Cruising at 120 kmh...  :lol:

Compared to that the Ju-52 is fast!..

Grt M

Edited by I./ZG1_Martijnvdm

Yes. We need crop duster for those beautiful Kuban fields.

Those fields look like taken from Normandy ;)

About that model -Man have talent and skills.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

Bombsight

post-1464-0-04355400-1504177997_thumb.jpg

post-1464-0-70519000-1504177998_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-67940300-1504178001_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-43526700-1504178002_thumb.jpg

Cruising at 120 kmh.

Note, that 120mp/h is a War Emergency Power for Po-2 :) 

Who needs a gunner?

most of crews from 46 gnbap flew totally without any defencive mashinegun up to 1945... 

And don't forget you have the LA-5FN and 109 G-6 coming between projects built by us.

So, it's officially confirmed! Great news!

• Upvote 1

The good news keeps arriving... confirmation from the man.

New version of the La-5 and 109, good to hear... the G6  will keep quite a few happy :)

Airplane-_Painting-_Art-_Bf-109_G-6-_Fli

b68d407f617de89aef1c426eb979b36a.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Jason spilling the beans XD

All the plans sound really good so far!

I'm very aware the team has a lot of work ahead and limited resources, but i just wanted to plant the seed for the idea of implementing Physically Based Rendering (PBR) in the future at some point. I think it would make a world of difference with the skins and plane surfaces. My guess is it's a lot of work, but maybe the DX11 upgrade brought down some of the barriers to achieve it.

yeah, with the G-6 we can finally Hartmann properly  :lol:  I'm looking forward to the additional firepower of the MG 131s. Now it's just hoping we get drop tanks. the new Kuban map really is huge and makes long range bombing missions an interesting prospect.

Jason spilling the beans XD

All the plans sound really good so far!

I'm very aware the team has a lot of work ahead and limited resources, but i just wanted to plant the seed for the idea of implementing Physically Based Rendering (PBR) in the future at some point. I think it would make a world of difference with the skins and plane surfaces. My guess is it's a lot of work, but maybe the DX11 upgrade brought down some of the barriers to achieve it.

My guess is that if the series continues to sell in increasing numbers then eventually they will get the team working on a PBR setup in the engine. It's made huge improvements in how good things look in other stuff I play.

speaking of arty spotting I never understood how that worked in RoF. Playing through the career mode, occassionally I would get solo sorties from jasta 2 to go do some recon. Mission briefing would have me climb high over the target area, where you kind of had two notepads. IIRC you would select a category, and then a sub category ?

I can't really remember, but wondered if any of you could explain how you were supposed to do it.  

My problem was, from the altitude I was at, I had no idea, which units were below me, I could see that there were units, but no idea how to identify them.

yeah, let's throw some more money at the team. I'm happy to sell my house and car to get more aircraft, maps and features

Once G-6 arrives...  :pilot:

bf109g_6_white_7_slo_1024_20131211_02232

Drago3.jpg

And many other paint schemes....  :biggrin:

So... did G-6s start getting 30mm motorkanone during the time period of BoK? :biggrin:

I don`t think it was available just yet. Late 1943 IIRC.

But G-6 is very much welcomed by me, IImavoimat gets it`s primary fighter available  :salute:

Edited by Zami

I don`t think it was available just yet. Late 1943 IIRC.

But G-6 is very much welcomed by me, IImavoimat gets it`s primary fighter available  :salute:

well, the 1.42 ata was only allowed in December of '43, the first MK 108 were used in June '43. Not sure when exactly they reached the Russian front though

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

well, the 1.42 ata was only allowed in December of '43, the first MK 108 were used in June '43. Not sure when exactly the reached the Russian front though

Okay, I stand corrected :)

I would think that first 30mms went to the west to counter the bombers.

yeah, that's why i said i don't know when they reache dthe Russian front

I like this topic! :biggrin:

First of all Jason says that the Po-2 is in development, then he comes along with the Li-2, Bf109G-6 and La5-FN, none of which I knew were even contemplated, let along alone being worked on.

Now all we have to do is keep him talking for a few more days and who knows what else is around?

Cheers! - and thanks Jason. :salute: