Han

Game version 2.012 discussion: Hs 129, Kuban map, FM update, New shadows

I've had about five-minutes to look over the new map, just letting the plane auto fly, and it is stunning! I'll have time to fly tonight and fly tonight I will.

Fantastic flightsim! :cool: 

• Upvote 2

Yes, I have also the two pictures on my screen.

Maybe the new shadows affect your performance, tune them down a bit. I can`t see any negative effect of the new version concerning performance.

Oh yes, I did not catch that earlier as I launch BOS from within Oculus - just checked and I too have two split screens on the monitor now rather than just one single screen.

I have tested the Bf109E7 for and hour and reset all curves to 0%. Amazing difference now. The wobbling is gone I believe. I need to test it staffing. But so far so awesome!

Seems like the 109 doesn't turn well at all anymore and loses speed much to fast. So far the 190s have been great to fly around in but it looks like my 109s will gather some dust

Edited by 4./JG52_Sinerox
  • Upvote 1

A gem from the amazing developers! I had the Spitfire up for a quick flight over the new Kuban map and it was sublime from start to finish. Well done!

Seems like the 109 doesn't turn well at all anymore and loses speed much to fast. So far the 190s have been great to fly around in but it looks like my 109s will gather some dust

I think thats good. General consensus is 109s were overperforming, especially in turns and control at high speed, particularly the F4.

One of the best and most impactful changes in this patch is/should be the changes to the 109 stabilizer adjustment speed.

Your 109 shouldn't need to gather dust, but you'll probably need to fly with more discipline than previously.

• Upvote 2

give a quick try, nice map. but seems the new shadow makes spotting in long distance impossible now. another finding, Bf109 is totally useless now. 

First - WOW!

Now the "Hmms" - --and this could be my rig NOT the game...

I have a GTX1060 6GB, 16MB 3200 RAM and an I5 6600K clocked to 4.4. All temps are good. RAM is tested all is hippy happy according to testing software various. 

The first thing i noticed was some graphic glithes in the clouds when they are on the mountain tops - i fixed a lot of this by reinstalling the drivers but there remains some flickering. 

The next thing i noticed was terrible antialiasing (jaggles) along the mountain tops when the cloud is touching them. This resolves as you get close. Which brings me onto my last observation.

There is a lot of "pop in" - especially in the mountains - like low/hi detail resolution changes happening about 500M away. A few microstutters too.

Lower setting do not resolve the issues. 

I ran Task manager - the memory use (compressed) is topped at 4GB--is that right?

All I can say is - WOW...

This flight sim is really evolving and the devs are really keeping timeschedules - something that isn´t normal these days.

Great job, great map and overall a very impressive update - hat´s off.

• Upvote 1

the memory use (compressed) is topped at 4GB--is that right?

Well I hope not, or else I've got 28 gigs of RAM sitting around doing nothing...

Wow!!! I didn't expect the patch to be released already when I logged on this afternoon. Pretty excited to try it out. Thx to the team!!! Again!

There is a lot of "pop in" - especially in the mountains - like low/hi detail resolution changes happening about 500M away. A few microstutters too.

Didn't notice any stutters yet, but I did notice the pop-in mountains a bit.

Agree with BOO...noticed for lack of a better word streaking in the clouds when going max zoom....running a 1080Ti.....otherwise it looks great....as for the FM...well the MiG flies a lot better especially during takeoff....as someone who had a lot of problems after...I believe 2.06 this is great.  As I am not the best sim pilot the Hs 129 took me about 10 tries to get up...going right.....for me I found that I needed to use the wheel breaks to keep it straight. ...glad I did not have to fly as many flights like the old MiG to figure it out.  Overall.....great job guy's.....Kuban map looks great, can't wait for the MP servers to use it....Again great job....looking forward to the p-39 and A-20. :salute: 

Well I hope not, or else I've got 28 gigs of RAM sitting around doing nothing...

I only run it at 1080P - just ran the purple ram eater (DCS) at its taking its usual 8GB so I don't think its my system limiting it. 

Didn't notice any stutters yet, but I did notice the pop-in mountains a bit.

They are rare and seem to be with terrain loading - only in the high mountains.

This for me is a very good update!
My rudder inputs seem much smoother now and its the first time I've landed the La-5: without the ground loop.

Well done to Jason and the team for making this such a very good flight sim.

Edited by Adj

The new map is truly stunning and it has every kind of environment you could hope for. :cool:

Outstanding work guys, thank you very much to all involved, really appreciated. :salute: 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:   

Shame on me, that I had barely an hour to test the new update today. What I saw was more than impressive. The new shadow technology is outstanding. What I saw from the Kuban map nothing but beautiful and the sea is gorgeous. I can't wait to get some more sticktime tomorrow! :cool:

Amazing patch. I love improvements to the FM's you did. Amazing work, it was worth the wait. Especially Bf109 and P-40E, they feel much closer to what the reports said. Thanks :)

Edited by =LD=Solty

Just finish to download... :) ...so excited....can't wait....I WILL TAKE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFF....... :pilot:  :yahoo:

A question;

How does one take off with the new HS 129? I tried and the result where a lot of ground loops and engines power management or rudder inputs or brakes ones do nothing to the situation?!

I tried to different power inputs of power, one for each engine it is worse!

Flying is not a problem and with other twin engines planes like the Me110 no problems.

​Strange, so if anyone has a solution or from where my problem could come?!  :salute: 

The He111's now accelerate like a snail on the ground, there is barely enough runaway to take off

My first attempt takeoff HS-129 failed as well, so not sure, I only had time to try once. Maybe you have to do manual PP and set pitch to 0 (flat pitch). 

Edited by [CPT]Pike*HarryM

So I came from work and it was raining. Was about to go jogging. Then my friend messaged me "Patch is out! Lets go!". Flew around in kuban and mountains gave me a shiver... This game is stunning! And I can't wait that they get kuban and hs to mp servers! This dev team is not comparable to any dev team. Others promise and make some beta like shit. IL2 dev team tells what they are going to make and still they manage to suprise us with this amazing content.

Thank you for working hard. I keep thumbs up for this team for future challenges!

• Upvote 1

A question;

How does one take off with the new HS 129? I tried and the result where a lot of ground loops and engines power management or rudder inputs or brakes ones do nothing to the situation?!

I tried to different power inputs of power, one for each engine it is worse!

Flying is not a problem and with other twin engines planes like the Me110 no problems.

​Strange, so if anyone has a solution or from where my problem could come?! :salute:

This is how I do it:

Manual prop pitch, set it to 0. Press flaps down button once, it gets to the take off position. Trim tail heavy. Full power, press boost button to set 1.5 ata. Pull stick back to keep tail on ground until 100km/h, then level the plane to get speed. Use rudder to control the plane. At 150km/h, take her up

I have a problem, my POV starts always looking to the right, instead of forward. Got a “temp fix” by pressing left alt +f1, but it limits my face tracking movements. Didn’t have this issue on the previous version, does anyone have an idea of what do I have wrong?

The new map is stunning and my beloved la-5 flies like a queen now! Amazing work, truly a masterpiece!

OMG - after finishing a few benchmark tests in VR I finally took my Bf-110 E-2 (only one I've practiced in lately) for a QMB spin on the Kuban map with my Rift.  Air-started near the middle airfield (don't know any of the place names yet) and flew up over the nearest mountains and down into the valley heading northwest.  Looking around and seeing the mountains looming above on either side was so cool, and the trees looked great.  When I zoomed up over the last set of hills and saw the harbor sparkling ahead of me it was almost magical looking.  I headed up further NW to what apparently was an enemy airfield.  Some flak set my right engine on fire - looking over at the burning engine as I feathered the prop was just fabulous-looking.  Even the resulting lawn-darting into the revetments was awesome-looking.  Really made me wish I had remembered to record the track.  

Just a little bit of hill pop-in near the beginning of the flight - otherwise, just a spectacular experience.  

Bravo Zulu Devs  :salute:

Thanks for this wonderful update. I didnt have time to try everything but this is lovely update. The map, FM, Hs... everything

Work of art!!!

Take a break now (no no after the career mode, so lets go to work again ;) ).

Apart from getting lots of pop-in on the landscape on the Kuban map which probably can't be helped, this is a tremendous achievement. Stunningly beautiful map, fantastic water and loads of different and unique landscapes to explore.

The FM improvements have revived the P-40 and especially the La-5, which I'm very excited about. I withhold judgement of the changes overall until I can test it a bit more.

The new shadows look great, and while they do impact performance on ultra, it's not too bad.

All in all: Amazing job. The entire sim has entered a new, exciting phase. :salute:

No problems with the HS 129... got it taking off nicely.

holding it on the brakes at about 2 thirds power, release brakes and give it full power, correct with rudder and a touch of brakes if needed.

She unsticks nice and easy.

I think thats good. General consensus is 109s were overperforming, especially in turns and control at high speed, particularly the F4.

One of the best and most impactful changes in this patch is/should be the changes to the 109 stabilizer adjustment speed.

Your 109 shouldn't need to gather dust, but you'll probably need to fly with more discipline than previously.

+1

Really the feeling of flight is another, good work from the developers, the 109 is firmer now, the P-40 has improved significantly, I see this simulator with other eyes now.

Congratulations Dev's

• Upvote 1

Apart from getting lots of pop-in on the landscape on the Kuban map which probably can't be helped, this is a tremendous achievement. Stunningly beautiful map, fantastic water and loads of different and unique landscapes to explore.

The FM improvements have revived the P-40 and especially the La-5, which I'm very excited about. I withhold judgement of the changes overall until I can test it a bit more.

The new shadows look great, and while they do impact performance on ultra, it's not too bad.

All in all: Amazing job. The entire sim has entered a new, exciting phase. :salute:

The terrain popping can't really be helped at this point. Although, I'm curious what effect faster machines have on it. I see very little of it. We have to re-write how the terrain is drawn to eliminate it. We hope to do that next year sometime.

Jason

• Upvote 12

Really the feeling of flight is another, good work from the developers, the 109 is firmer now, the P-40 has improved significantly, I see this simulator with other eyes now.

Congratulations Dev's

Im with you in this one Batz. The 109 doeant feel like a glider anymore and has become way more stable!

I have a problem, my POV starts always looking to the right, instead of forward. Got a “temp fix” by pressing left alt +f1, but it limits my face tracking movements. Didn’t have this issue on the previous version, does anyone have an idea of what do I have wrong?

The new map is stunning and my beloved la-5 flies like a queen now! Amazing work, truly a masterpiece!

This is usually on a plane by plane basis. To fix it:

Turn on the game with no head tracking on.

When in the cockpit, press numeric 5 to center.

Then press F10 to set the current view as default.

That's it!

:o: :o: :o::cool: :cool:

Congratulations to the dev's team !!!   the best map ever seen in my lllonngg simers life !!!

Flying three hours and finaly not seen all areas I was looking to see !!!   this map is not only a fly simulator map, it is also a Tour publicity !!!

Trying this map and you will be under love for Kuban landscapes !!!!!

BRAVO  BRAVISSIMO !!!

This is usually on a plane by plane basis. To fix it:

Turn on the game with no head tracking on.

When in the cockpit, press numeric 5 to center.

Then press F10 to set the current view as default.

That's it!

Thanks for the help, will try that more. Can now say only that the numpad 5 indeed resets but to the right as well, it’s really strange. Tried to start without head tracking as well and got the same results. The view is starting focused on the right and 5 is of no help. Move freely with the mouse and press 5, and it goes to that right hand side point again :(