Han

Game version 2.012 discussion: Hs 129, Kuban map, FM update, New shadows

"11. Armored glass improved visually on all aircraft;"

what does that mean ? in wich way improved ?

Armoured glass now has a slight blue / turquoise tint depnding on it's thickness.

is the new shadow a performance killer or not?

No.

New shadows aren`t game killing! Just be sure to have a good GPU if you are going to max them out, if not just stay on the normal setting. I lost some frames, wich is normal

I have put the shadows to ultra and I am at a solid 75 FPS on the ground and in the air in Kuban (1080Ti, i5-4690) @ 1080P, I just ordered an Oculus Rift :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and am dying of anticipation to play this in VR.

New shadows aren`t game killing! Just be sure to have a good GPU if you are going to max them out, if not just stay on the normal setting. I lost some frames, wich is normal

is the normal shadow setting as same as before?

This looks to be a big addition to the franchise and I am looking forward to trying it. Congrats to you all for such strong and principled work. I anticipate continued commercial successes and your future efforts to increase the realism and beauty of this product.

For most of us mortals who sim, this is the closest thing yet to flying these meaningful aircraft. WELL DONE.

Perfect timing Danil&crew. I just got sober from yesterday drinking party (we have public holiday, celebration of Slovak National Uprising of 1944). Glory to partisans! Glory to Devs! :)

• Upvote 3

Steam version 1.8gb updated faster than the PC version 1.72gb.

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

My old rig ran adequate on qmb, HS 129 was like I hoped for, but did not dare expect. I think you nailed it, but tested it only 3 missions in qmb. Kuban looks lovely . Very nice surprise getting this today. It lightened up my day 

In a few words: A W E S O M E!

Thanks, very proud to support and be part of a community of this gem in the flightsim genre! 

Thank you for this update. :biggrin:   Another 8 to 9 hours before I'll be home to down load, so I'll just checking this discussion trend and wish I was at home :unsure:

fbfdb66bc586d086e540b934559213fe.png

dd4ae763bdc09257681625c32f14602f.png

a2c61c32b65f5b3d0ee4f36f38013019.png

3fcab72124b5af2f40d1461a1fdf6046.png

I can´t stop taking shots!

Keep going... There is no such thing as too many pics. Edited by Jade_Monkey

Brain-melting!!! Truly, bloody awesome!!! No major performance hit on my modest rig - fantastic boys.

Thank you very much.

Cheerio

This team of developers is outstanding.  It is hard to believe just how good this sim has become.

• Upvote 5

Brain-melting!!! Truly, bloody awesome!!! No major performance hit on my modest rig - fantastic boys.

Thank you very much.

Cheerio

what's ur rig thx!

Jeeeeez guys if I didn't have a production release this afternoon I would surely be coming down with something and need to leave work early...  :help:

These pics are awesome. I can't wait to fly my beloved Rata with the new FM, against 109s with more realistic stabilizer behavior... :drool:  :yahoo:

The textures are really detailed also at the close distance, great bump mapping too.

Hoooooo guys, really an amazing work.

post-1022-0-82546200-1504023975_thumb.jpg

Anyone tried the P40 yet?

How is she?

I have 5 hours to go till I can get home and try it.

Wow what an awesome sounding update, lots of new goodies in this one!

Many thanks for this!

I am really looking forward to trying it out, unfortunately for me today is chore day - in middle of my lawn work augh!

I will be able to get to it soon enough though.

first glance (couple missions vs HE and 109)

graphics:

- very nice shadows in cockpit, for a quite small performance hit (if any)

- great to see my own plane shadow while turning close to ground, overall the increased shadows visibility distance decrease that 'visibility bubble' effect

as for the FM:

- Yak seems to have a more lighter and sensitive responsiveness, but more dynamic and alive; i guess that can be adjusted with joy curves

- felt more controllable in hammerheads / controlled stalling after vertical climbs

- the new rudder is much better, much less induced roll on input; flat turns and lead corrections for deflection shooting are on a new level

- i could say that the wind effect can be more noticeable, but that is an early impression; the aim seemed to wobble more than before when going straight right after maneuvering, but got more steady as the same direction is maintained

very positive impression in visuals and FM,

for me, congrats to the dev team

This is just amazing guys thx so much.

Just flew a few planes and guys. The FM update is incredible.. feels so much better and more alive and realistic..