Han

Game version 2.012 discussion: Hs 129, Kuban map, FM update, New shadows

Then read better  :rolleyes: 

From previous page :

Dear pilots,

One week has passed and we decided to release the second hotfix for the big 2.012 update. This time it adresses the follwoing:

1. Aircraft shaking issue during a take off run at certain wind speeds has been fixed;
2. AI Mig-3 and Bf 110 G-2 now will take off properly;
3. Switching shadows completely off in VR mode won't crash the game anymore;
4. AI ships and submarines aim their torpedoes more accurately;
5. Pre-stall warning (buffeting sound) on Yak fighters happens earlier;
6. New ship models were corrected;
7. Hs 129 B-2 indicator lamps and fire sounds have been corrected.

• Upvote 1

Then read better  :rolleyes: 

From previous page :

Ah thanks, I am used to them pinning them at the top of the page.

Where ist the BK 3,7 for the Henschel ?

On the scrap heap, which is what happened with the real weapon installation.

• Upvote 4

Here is everything fine with the 2.012 update and the hotfixes including 2.012c.  Great work and many thanks to the developers!

Only not so good thing to mention is a lag of the Bf109 stabilizer adjustment (CAPS+UP/ Caps + DOWN), which responds somehow undefined and with a great lag since 2.012. 

Edited by ShredderSim

I took the Ju52 in a flight today and couldn't get the flaps to move, or if they did, technochat said nothing of it.

What I did:

• Increase pitch trim, couple flaps and trim, lower trim. Normally that should also lower the flaps. Technochat was silent, nothing about trim or flaps moving. The trimming wheel does not appear to move while I press trim up/down buttons.
  • Disengage coupling, technochat messages about the trim are visible again, and show the trim went down. No idea if the flaps also moved.

<p>

I took the Ju52 in a flight today and couldn't get the flaps to move, or if they did, technochat said nothing of it.

What I did:

• Increase pitch trim, couple flaps and trim, lower trim. Normally that should also lower the flaps. Technochat was silent, nothing about trim or flaps moving. The trimming wheel does not appear to move while I press trim up/down buttons.
  • Disengage coupling, technochat messages about the trim are visible again, and show the trim went down. No idea if the flaps also moved.

Before if you coupled more than any 3 actions together you would lose action on the first. That may have changed now depending on the type of action.

I did not mean couple in the bindings. The ju52 uses the trim wheel for its flaps. There is a switch to engage or disengage flaps control.

After the last update i have a problem with my track-ir , i cant look right after  high .  When i test my track ir it works fine , but in the game he lost his track .

There is a second problem , when i drive in a T-34  and when i schoot , i see no inpact of my grenade in a enemy tank or in the ground .

Is there a solution ?

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN

Somewhat confused over the efficacy of the P-TABS. Whereas 20/37 mm canon makes short work of panzers, dropping a full load of P-TABS from a very low flying IL-2 doesn't seem to have any effect. I have repeated this experiment a good number of times and always with the same result, whereas over trucks they create the desired effect. Could it be that the hard-coding of the ordnance isn't yet complete? That would make sense as we are still in beta effectively.

I thought the stuttering was a WOL load issue.

not testing on any server.  

Hey, guys,

Is there a way to tone down the "blooming" effect I'm seeing on some armored windscreen? Esp. on the 109 sometimes I get to shoot blindly at the target's silhouette as I can barely see it due to the whiteout on the windscreen. I looked at the Graphics settings but found none related to 'Blooming' as I've already seen on other games graphic options.

Thanks!

The barking dogs are why the majority of us play IL2;  Welcome to the club

But I still miss some horse carriages and some villagers moving around. Breathing life in the sim would make it "Perfect". But as we know perfection is a distant dream.

Crash landed at a village (BoK map) close to a wooden house and heard dogs barking.

Nice touch!

:good: 

I was amazed by that when I heard it some while back; found a new one yesterday. Crashed into the sea close to the shore and can hear the waves breaking on the beach. The things that these guys come up with, such incredible little details. :salute: . Cheers.

• Upvote 4

But I still miss some horse carriages and some villagers moving around. Breathing life in the sim would make it "Perfect". But as we know perfection is a distant dream.

Would be nice yes!

But right now it would be kind of immersion breaking I guess  :rolleyes:

Just look at the behavior of the soldiers walking on airfields right now, they walk through planes, they keep walking even if you drop a 1800kg bomb on them as if nothing happened... Those soldiers are real superhumans  :cool:

• Upvote 1

Hey, guys,

Is there a way to tone down the "blooming" effect I'm seeing on some armored windscreen? Esp. on the 109 sometimes I get to shoot blindly at the target's silhouette as I can barely see it due to the whiteout on the windscreen. I looked at the Graphics settings but found none related to 'Blooming' as I've already seen on other games graphic options.

Thanks!

There is a setting in startup.cfg in the il2sturmovik/data folder.

Under the KEY=Graphics section about half way down change "bloom_enable = 1" to =0.

See if it helps. I've noticed before that the game seems to overwrite changes sometimes.

• Upvote 1

Great update, thank you very much! I have a few hundred hours on taildraggers and can state it's the first time that I have come across a flight sim that really nails the feeling :-)

That includes DCW, FSX, and even my favorite X-Plane.

Pure joy, and using the HTC Vive gives a feeling that is unbelievably real.

• Upvote 2

I have a question to the team regarding the town of Anapa on the Kuban map. Wasn't there a port at Anapa? I've read reports of German ship convoys traveling to Anapa and Soviet navy attacks against the port, so I am surprised that there are no port facilities on the map

Crash landed at a village (BoK map) close to a wooden house and heard dogs barking.

Nice touch!

:good: 

There's a whole load of little touches like that. Some of the churches have church bell sounds associated with them, for example. If you place a church next to a runway in the ME, you can hear them! 

Sometimes I think the devs are like those medieval stonemasons who would carve surfaces near the ceilings of cathedrals that no one would ever be able to see. 

Edited by No601_Swallow

Great update, thank you very much! I have a few hundred hours on taildraggers and can state it's the first time that I have come across a flight sim that really nails the feeling :-)

That includes DCW, FSX, and even my favorite X-Plane.

Pure joy, and using the HTC Vive gives a feeling that is unbelievably real.

Sounds like you fly in real life. It would be awesome if IL-2 nailed real life. The flying sensation in the VR/Vive is unique and is the best I've experienced. I'm pushing 150 hours in IL-2+Vive and it never gets boring.

I have a question to the team regarding the town of Anapa on the Kuban map. Wasn't there a port at Anapa? I've read reports of German ship convoys traveling to Anapa and Soviet navy attacks against the port, so I am surprised that there are no port facilities on the map

Just a small quay. No sign of any real facilities. Cheers.

http://www.wwii-photos-maps.com/targetrussia/citynamesbeginninga/citynames-ales-apa/slides/Anapa%20%20150.html

• Upvote 1

Interesting to see the rectangular plan, as if it was a modern suburb.

I'm assuming the town of Anapa was relatively new? Did they build this kind of plans after the revolution?

Anapa has existed since 6 B.C. if Wikipedia is to be believed :)

So, just a couple years before the revolution....

• Upvote 1

After having a few hours flying with the new patch I have to agree with almost everyone else on how good the flight model seems now. I don't feel like I'm fighting to control the plane like I was. As a matter of fact, after flying the first time it seemed too easy so I looked to see if my config had changed to the easy flight model. Nope, everything was where I'd left it pre-patch. And I don't mean "too easy" in a negative way in regards to the flight model. It seems much more intuitive now, not a struggle like it has at times in the past.

For sure, I can tell you landing the Yak-1 dead-stick is a whole lot better now...

usually game updates are in another thread, finding them knee deep in a forum post is not ideal - just saying!

After having a few hours flying with the new patch I have to agree with almost everyone else on how good the flight model seems now. I don't feel like I'm fighting to control the plane like I was. As a matter of fact, after flying the first time it seemed too easy so I looked to see if my config had changed to the easy flight model. Nope, everything was where I'd left it pre-patch. And I don't mean "too easy" in a negative way in regards to the flight model. It seems much more intuitive now, not a struggle like it has at times in the past.

yes

There is a setting in startup.cfg in the il2sturmovik/data folder.

Under the KEY=Graphics section about half way down change "bloom_enable = 1" to =0.

See if it helps. I've noticed before that the game seems to overwrite changes sometimes.

Thank you very much! That did the trick, it is better now. :)

First of all, a huge THANK YOU for your outstanding work on the beautiful Kuban map, and especially the new FM.

All aircraft feel so much closer to reality now, and that comes from a real life pilot with more than 12'000 flight hours...  :big_boss:  :biggrin:

I've spent my time flying around the map, and just playing with clouds and terrain... Gorgeous!  :dance:

One question though, am I the only one with a BIG performance hit on Kuban map?

OK, I have an old rig with weak CPU, but on all the other maps, I still manage about 50 FPS. On Kuban, it got divided by two at about 25FPS... Any logical reason to that? Size of the map maybe?

It has nothing to do with new shadows or else, as I still get 50 FPS flying on Moscow or Stalingrad maps...

Thanks.

Edited by Alex911

First of all, a huge THANK YOU for your outstanding work on the beautiful Kuban map, and especially the new FM.

All aircraft feel so much closer to reality now, and that comes from a real life pilot with more than 12'000 flight hours... :big_boss::biggrin:

I've spent my time flying around the map, and just playing with clouds and terrain... Gorgeous! :dance:

OK, I have an old rig with weak CPU, but on all the other maps, I still manage about 50 FPS. On Kuban, it got divided by two at about 25FPS... Any logical reason to that? Size of the map maybe?

It has nothing to do with new shadows or else, as I still get 50 FPS flying on Moscow or Stalingrad maps...

Thanks.

what's your rig?

what's your rig?

It's in my signature below.

The real question is not about raw performance, but why my FPS are divided by two ONLY on Kuban map??

Maybe it is water or trees, but the drop in FPS seems stable at any point on the map, close or not to water or trees...

I normally am more CPU restricted.

Edited by Alex911

Also the new water tech used up resources. Not sure if it is GPU or CPU for you.

It is the GPU, as I have the same issue, when flying alone in QMB, with the CPU at about 30% or so.

Try without clouds. For me the FPS are much higher, when I fly the Kuban map without clouds, with clouds the frames go down to 25 as well, when I am flying through the mountains. I suppose the mountains and maybe the see as well are the killers.

It is the GPU, as I have the same issue, when flying alone in QMB, with the CPU at about 30% or so.

Try without clouds. For me the FPS are much higher, when I fly the Kuban map without clouds, with clouds the frames go down to 25 as well, when I am flying through the mountains. I suppose the mountains and maybe the see as well are the killers.

Thanks, nice input. I just tried, but it's not the clouds. 25 FPS with clouds, 26-27 without them.

I tried again same aircraft, same conditions in QMB on Moscow map, 51 FPS...

I don't get it... Anyway, I will continue and try different things.

Ai are still flying into the ground when you follow them on their 6 for a while without shooting... they either do the "turn inverted and do a half loop" or "spiral dive" straight down into the ground. This was on moscow map on "novice" difficulty but I have seen it on all difficulties.

Was just toying with them trying to see how long I could stay on their 6 and they go and commit suicide on me  :(

Edited by Bullets

Thanks, nice input. I just tried, but it's not the clouds. 25 FPS with clouds, 26-27 without them.

I tried again same aircraft, same conditions in QMB on Moscow map, 51 FPS...

I don't get it... Anyway, I will continue and try different things.

Try changing the shadow settings. That might do it.

Kuban is going to be a more demanding map I'd suspect with the ocean rendering and the increased geometry. Still, I don't see a huge FPS drop. Just a few fps on average.