Han

Game version 2.012 discussion: Hs 129, Kuban map, FM update, New shadows

I haven't been able to try it yet myself. Is the wobbling issue gone? I'll try tonight myself and see if now I can finally fly the 109s.

109G2 handled fine, especially in vertical, easy hammerheads and high yoyos, no wobble, much more stable than before, rudder is much better.

MAGNIFICENT ! REMARKABLE !

the best map i have ever seen.

Thanks a lot guys !

Yesterday we flew for 3 hours without seeing the time spent. Simply for the pleasure of flying. And we have not yet flown over.
A great pleasure !
:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

A few notes:

-The level autopilot seems to be broken by the new patch.  Using turn left / turn right just makes the aircraft react way too harshly, and it has rendered that functionality nearly worthless in level bombing unless you're ridiculously careful.

-The trim adjustments in the 109 no longer match the documentation for take off, level flight, or landing configurations.

Outside of that, it seems great so far.

Hi guys!Is the new Kuban map more demanding in terms of performance than the others?

I tried it yesterday on multi and it was laggy as hell on my computer. Hope it will not stay like that :-(

The level autopilot seems to be broken by the new patch.  Using turn left / turn right just makes the aircraft react way too harshly, and it has rendered that functionality nearly worthless in level bombing unless you're ridiculously careful.

Yeap. You need to tap the button carefully. On the other hand, you can actually turn properly towards the target now. Maybe half the current rate would be perfect. 

Everything is great. However, when I exit the Sim, it crashes. It happens with the patch 011 and keeps doing now with 012. Has anyone experienced the same issue? It is not a big deal but I gotta report that just in case there were more users.

Great job, guys. It surprised me, really.

Things I noticed right off the bat.

- I no longer have those jagged stutters with TrackIR (running an i7 with GTX 1060 6GB). I started testing the new patch with medium settings and it was running like butter at WOL. At the end of the tests / missions I was already almost maxed out, shadows and terrain included, and flying smooth at Wings of Liberty with 60+ players. The difference is simply amazing.

- Lighting / shadows have made the day (pun intended, or maybe not). The cockpits looks truly gorgeous, the terrain as well, but most important of all, I'm able to properly spot aircraft on the map. I flew some four or five missions in WOL and in several instances I spotted foe and friend at different ranges / furballs and all without losing them in general. The feeling is that someone adjusted the focus and the map came to life (truly). As a side note, I still think that reflection is lacking (when especially the wings famously lit up against the Sun, and this makes them visible against especially the forests), but otherwise the game just came to life. The difference is amazing. I was really shocked in a good way flying those missions.

- And at last but not least, in fact fundamentally, I was able to properly use the control surfaces again, especially the rudder! I was able to properly maneuver and dogfight. The max curves adjustments on my joystick are no longer ineffective. I no longer need to use dead zones, which did not help much anyway. In short, I was able to fly again! Oh, boy...

IMHO these are key elements, and you guys did address it in one single stroke. It was a job well done in my opinion. I'm a happy camper right now. By the way, I left the server yesterday and just bought the Kuban Premium Edition because I'm going to use it for real. It is well deserved by the work you have done. And from my part I'm going to see some mountains  :happy:

Edit* I did my first flying in the Kuban map just to check smoothness and it looks amazing, and no stutter whatsoever as well. Just went around the field, but it is smooth as butter with everything maxed I think, I'm sparing the mountains for later  :biggrin:

Edited by SeaW0lf

My first attempt takeoff HS-129 failed as well, so not sure, I only had time to try once. Maybe you have to do manual PP and set pitch to 0 (flat pitch). 

I had problems with the autoproppitch as well. Had to floor it to actually get anything close to starting speed.

At hte second try i realized that probably the autopitch is broken. It always puts the revs to around 2500 and leaves the ATA very low.

Id be grateful for some advice on what to take care of in this plane.

Hello

the main info about each plane specifics,

including BoK planes and Hs 129 are updated here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25993-aircraft-flight-and-technical-specifications-and-operational/?do=findComment&comment=486421

I had problems with the autoproppitch as well. Had to floor it to actually get anything close to starting speed.

At hte second try i realized that probably the autopitch is broken. It always puts the revs to around 2500 and leaves the ATA very low.

The constant speed unit is working as it should. It was meant to be used for combat or climbing and tuned off for takeoff and cruise to manually adjust RPM (the unit can only keep 2750 RPM for climb and combat power).

For takeoff your checklist is as follow:

1. Set prop pitch to manual and adjust it to max fine pitch (0%)

2. Set mixture to 'Reich' / rich (100% is for startup only)

3. Enable boost (ctrl+b by default) to unlock takeoff power (1.5 ata / 1 min)

4. Trim it halfway to full tailheavy depending on load

5. Rudder trim should be neutral

6. Set flaps to takeoff with a single press of the flaps button (they extend automaticly to takeoff position)

When you're ready to go quickly apply full throttle to increase the rudder efficiency. Its sometimes required to counteract any breakout tendencies with quick brake action and differential throttle.

Holding the brakes to let the engines rev up before rolling can also help to keep the aircraft straight on takeoff.

• Upvote 1

This update is just fantastic, keep up the passion you put into this sim!

The immersion of flying got kicked up so much with this update, hope we have many more years of joy to come!

:happy:

Everything is great. However, when I exit the Sim, it crashes. It happens with the patch 011 and keeps doing now with 012. Has anyone experienced the same issue? It is not a big deal but I gotta report that just in case there were more users.

only happens to me if reshape is running.

Hi All,

Could somebody please tell me how to deal with the haze? I'm loving the new map and the Spitfire is awesome (especially the sound) but no matter what I do it's like flying through fog even when I have weather set to clear.

Thanks

This update is just fantastic, keep up the passion you put into this sim!

The immersion of flying got kicked up so much with this update, hope we have many more years of joy to come!

:happy:

Definitely it's big step in right direction, new FMs feels and look more realistic.

• Upvote 1

Hi All,

Could somebody please tell me how to deal with the haze? I'm loving the new map and the Spitfire is awesome (especially the sound) but no matter what I do it's like flying through fog even when I have weather set to clear.

Thanks

Early in the morning and close to sunset there will be fog in the valleys and low lands.

Great job, guys. It surprised me, really.

Things I noticed right of the bat.

- I no longer have those jagged stutters with TrackIR (running an i7 with GTX 1060 6GB). I started testing the new patch with medium settings and it was running like butter at WOL. At the end of the tests / missions I was already almost maxed out, shadows and terrain included, and flying smooth at Wings of Liberty with 60+ players. The difference is simply amazing.

- Lighting / shadows have made the day (pun intended, or maybe not). The cockpits looks truly gorgeous, the terrain as well, but most important of all, I'm able to properly spot aircraft on the map. I flew some four or five missions in WOL and in several instances I spotted foe and friend at different ranges / furballs and all without losing them in general. The feeling is that someone adjusted the focus and the map came to life (truly). As a side note, I still think that reflection is lacking (when especially the wings famously lit up against the Sun, and this makes them visible against especially the forests), but otherwise the game just came to life. The difference is amazing. I was really shocked in a good way flying those missions.

- And at last but not least, in fact fundamentally, I was able to properly use the control surfaces again, especially the rudder! I was able to properly maneuver and dogfight. The max curves adjustments on my joystick are no longer ineffective. I no longer need to use dead zones, which did not help much anyway. In short, I was able to fly again! Oh, boy...

IMHO these are key elements, and you guys did address it in one single stroke. It was a job well done in my opinion. I'm a happy camper right now. By the way, I left the server yesterday and just bought the Kuban Premium Edition because I'm going to use it for real. It is well deserved by the work you have done. And from my part I'm going to see some mountains :happy:

Edit* I did my first flying in the Kuban map just to check smoothness and it looks amazing, and no stutter whatsoever as well. Just went around the field, but it is smooth as butter with everything maxed I think, I'm sparing the mountains for later :biggrin:

how about ur performance with ultra graphic and medium shadow settings?

It's not early morning or sunset though and season doesn't affect it either. At all times of day and on all maps its just this horrendous haze and I can't see anything until its right next to me. I've tried changing graphics settings like HDR and gamma but it doesn't do anything. It wasn't like this before and now it's almost unplayable.

Update looks great in VR.

It's just that I see now two pictures (left & right lens?) on monitor. In Rift as expected, one picture.

And all ground targets are gone in Quick Missions.

Still working on settings as this update really likes strong Pc.. :biggrin:

Gah! I had no opportunity to fly last night and probably won't until tomorrow night. Between work and wife I'm hostage to real life.

On the plus side, she's off visiting friends this weekend, so I'll have two-days of complete uselessness to spend flying.

Can't wait to explore that map and try out the new FM! Sounds like a whole stable of new planes are waiting. :)

I no longer have those jagged stutters with TrackIR (running an i7 with GTX 1060 6GB). I started testing the new patch with medium settings and it was running like butter at WOL. At the end of the tests / missions I was already almost maxed out, shadows and terrain included, and flying smooth at Wings of Liberty with 60+ players. The difference is simply amazing.

That seems to have affected VR as well. Before, even at 90fps, we had some camera stuttering. It's butter smooth now, and playable even at lower fps (down to 70 fps). It's pretty much on par with War Thunder now. 

Awsome map update, first time i spent time just flying around and not shooting at anything:). Diverse landscape like kuban was exactly what this sim needed.

One question though, is there any multiplayer servers running this new map?

Seems like the 109 doesn't turn well at all anymore and loses speed much to fast. So far the 190s have been great to fly around in but it looks like my 109s will gather some dust

give a quick try, nice map. but seems the new shadow makes spotting in long distance impossible now. another finding, Bf109 is totally useless now. 

No, the problem you guys are having is user error.

Easy to see who only relied on the easy flight model the 109 used to have instead of flying well ;):lol:

Incredible patch - map, shadows, and flight models.  P40 is a dream come true.  I still don't have my VR legs so it was nice to fly around the new map offline for awhile.

• Upvote 5

No, the problem you guys are having is user error.

Easy to see who only relied on the easy flight model the 109 used to have instead of flying well ;):lol:

Incredible patch - map, shadows, and flight models.  P40 is a dream come true.  I still don't have my VR legs so it was nice to fly around the new map offline for awhile.

I could not say better...

Edited by Dr_Molem

It's not early morning or sunset though and season doesn't affect it either. At all times of day and on all maps its just this horrendous haze and I can't see anything until its right next to me. I've tried changing graphics settings like HDR and gamma but it doesn't do anything. It wasn't like this before and now it's almost unplayable.

Does it look like this?

bf109-distantfields.jpg

That's the normal haze effect for the series right now. There are limits as to how far out they can render and the haze fills that part in. It's not completely ideal but as its been explained to us... necessary to get everything working the way they need it to.

Ideally they could extend it out without performance loss but that's probably a pretty tall order.

Plus, frequently in maritime climates such as around the Black Sea you're going to have a lot of atmospheric haze even on clear days.

This map has turned me into a pacifist! I'm spending more time on scenic sight seeing flights than combat :)

• Upvote 2

This map has turned me into a pacifist! I'm spending more time on scenic sight seeing flights than combat :)

+1 :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Wow :) :)

I was happy when the team chose the Kuban theater .. Always was my favorite... and now... wow... the map is amazing !!!!

Amazing work guys. Thank you:)  Wish I had more time to just fly around :) I foresee countless happy hours :)

Well done team!  :thank_you: 

I am especially pleased with all FM changes.

Rudder responds more predictable to input and works great for last second fine tuning when shooting.

Also I can now take off with MiG-3 without problem, that's a first for me!  :good: 

Now off to explore Kuban map...

oh yeah... the haze effect for performance... its really annoying it should be possible to disable it and increase object viewdistance if your pc is good enough I dont need 200fps if I could get better quality...

DL'd and installed, can't wait to try it out for myself. Glad to hear the AI are making a come back to the top of the priorities list. Time to teach them new, more vertical tricks XD

oh yeah... the haze effect for performance... its really annoying it should be possible to disable it and increase object viewdistance if your pc is good enough I dont need 200fps if I could get better quality...

You are wrong and have no idea why our horizon is the way it is. Has nothing to do with performance. Stop saying that. It's a fallacy created by professional detractors.

Jason

• Upvote 1

well, you can see the difference on many pictures and I saw it in reallife (in planes,chopper) and what is with the "object and texture view distance" ? can you at least add this for an option to increase ? because it would be awesome to see buildings far away and not only the roads from the cities

well, you can see the difference on many pictures and I saw it in reallife (in planes,chopper) and what is with the "object and texture view distance" ? can you at least add this for an option to increase ? because it would be awesome to see buildings far away and not only the roads from the cities

Obviously they can't make objects render distance scalable. Otherwise people with high-end systems will be able to spot planes and vehicles from greater distances than those with older PCs.

You are right as per picture below (No.8).

sKY56V.png

Ah! Thanks guys - I had no idea that was a window with a pane of glass, I always thought it was an open floor. Learn something new every day