Han

Game version 2.012 discussion: Hs 129, Kuban map, FM update, New shadows

We just released the 2.012d hotfix:

1) A rare issue with projectiles disappearing over a terrain with sharp height changes has been fixed;

2) Kuban object templates were corrected to remove doubling of some objects.

• Upvote 5

1) A rare issue with projectiles disappearing over a terrain with sharp height changes has been fixed;

#2 That would partially explain the higher load times and how heavy the editor feels when all objects are loaded.

I know the map is just bigger too, so this won't magically make it load faster.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Edited by Jade_Monkey

Thanks for the update on what's changed :salute:

Edited by Johnny-Red

Thanks

Any fix for the missing sound bug everyone seems to be experiencing online?

• Upvote 1

I agree the sounds aren't perfect, but they are still miles above the other ww2 flight sims imo for stock sounds. Each plane is pretty distinct in sound, and they are LOUD I love it! The sound has some balls to it when it's cranked which is what I expect a ww2 plane to sound like when I fire it up.Really gives me that feeling like I'm there to say a Warthunder plane which they all pretty much use one of the same 4 generic plane sounds.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the fixes! 

Any news on where you guys are at with squashing the flak sound effect bug that's been terrifying the online community for the past few weeks?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the fixes!    Any news on where you guys are at with squashing the flak sound effect bug that's been terrifying the online community for the past few weeks?

And the menu music bug. I keep thinking some devil is about to strafe me every time I land and switch my engine off  :dry:   

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the fixes! 

Any news on where you guys are at with squashing the flak sound effect bug that's been terrifying the online community for the past few weeks?

Yes, I agree this is an important issue to the community. I have experienced random flak burst sounds even when flak is not shooting at me (such as when sitting on the ground and starting the engine) on at least two multiplayer servers, TAW and Wings of Liberty. Every time it occurs, almost everyone on the server hears it simultaneously. It is quite startling. Additionally, the background noise loop that plays in the hangar (birds chirping, guns shooting, plane engines, and artillery) sometimes does not quit playing after spawning on the multiplayer servers. Occasionally, the background noise will stop if I respawn, but it does not work every time.

Aside from these two issues, the Kuban experience has been a great one. Thank you for your hard work in releasing these patches in a timely manner to make sure we continue to have a great product.

Edited by =SqSq=SignorMagnifico

Seems that performance is much better on the Kuban map with this d hotfix. FPS is much improved. Thanks.

Did you ever update to hotfix 2.012d?

I cant check my PC right now, but if you didnt fire up the game for a few days that's probably why.

If the launcher is not updating, try deleting the update folder contents and opening the launcher again.

1) A rare issue with projectiles disappearing over a terrain with sharp height changes has been fixed;

Just updated today - and with settings that used to play smooth as butter the game is now unplayable in VR. Constant glitches, twitches, lag and dropped frames.

The only system change between solid play and crap was the update. Updating to the most recent Nvidia driver made no difference.

Win10 Pro

i9-7900X

EVGA 1080Ti

Rift

I was using 1.6 x supersampling (in Oculus debug tool) with ASW disabled.

I removed the supersampling override in Oculus debug and instead set SS in SteamVR (set it to 3.0) and the twitching (image shifts rapidly left and right - often only in one eye) stopped but I instead get many dropped frames (jerky screen updates) as soon as I get near anything - either terrain or other aircraft.

I've given up playing for now. It just hurts my head too much.

Edited by Dave

Just updated today - and with settings that used to play smooth as butter the game is now unplayable in VR. Constant glitches, twitches, lag and dropped frames.

The only system change between solid play and crap was the update. Updating to the most recent Nvidia driver made no difference.

Win10 Pro

i9-7900X

EVGA 1080Ti

Rift

I was using 1.6 x supersampling (in Oculus debug tool) with ASW disabled.

I removed the supersampling override in Oculus debug and instead set SS in SteamVR (set it to 3.0) and the twitching (image shifts rapidly left and right - often only in one eye) stopped but I instead get many dropped frames (jerky screen updates) as soon as I get near anything - either terrain or other aircraft.

I've given up playing for now. It just hurts my head too much.

That is strange. 

Oculus is currently pushing an update to version 1.19 of their software/drivers.

You might check and see if yours have updated to 1.19, if so this might be related to their new drivers as well.

That is strange. 

Oculus is currently pushing an update to version 1.19 of their software/drivers.

You might check and see if yours have updated to 1.19, if so this might be related to their new drivers as well.

Good to know - I will check - if it did there was no notification.

Oculus app version is 1.18 - same as it was when it played well.

Can someone at 1CGS please look into this. The game is completely unplayable for me on Rift with the hardware below.

Graphics settings are high with all options on Medium, 2xAA, Sharpen.

Symptoms are constant jiggling of the left and right images. And when I start the game now - every single time without fail I get two error messages about Authneitcation Server being unavailable and Master Server being unavailable. I dismiss the dialog and the game seems to work but for the massive graphic issues.

I am now suffering a full reinstall of BoX (about an 8 hour experience thanks to the pitifully slow update speed).

Can anyone reproduce this?

Reinstalled the game - no difference. Reinstalled Oculus software - no difference. No Steam updates have happened in the last month so it isn't Steam VR. Australia is experiencing worse than usual Internet connectivity to Europe so I thought maybe - somehow - slow network is causing the whole game to lag - nup, even offline play is affected. Lowered my settings to Balanced - no difference. WTF is wrong with this game since the last update? Going nuts trying to figure it out for the only game I play.

Can someone please tell me exactly and completely what was in the last update?

Edited by Dave

Oculus app version is 1.18 - same as it was when it played well.

Can someone at 1CGS please look into this. The game is completely unplayable for me on Rift with the hardware below.

Graphics settings are high with all options on Medium, 2xAA, Sharpen.

Symptoms are constant jiggling of the left and right images. And when I start the game now - every single time without fail I get two error messages about Authneitcation Server being unavailable and Master Server being unavailable. I dismiss the dialog and the game seems to work but for the massive graphic issues.

I suspect there is a clue in there. Assuming you were not getting those messages when the game was running fine for you.

I was going to recommend re-running Oculus sensor setup, but see in a later post where you re-installed the Oculus software. 

With your rig, you should certainly be getting very good performance.  Think whether you have installed any software or updates to software around the time this started happening. Have you tried a clean install of the latest Nvidia drivers using DDU? And only installing the driver and PhysX, not any of that other stuff like GeForce Experience?

Windows 10 Game Mode not activated?

I would also suggest you post this issue with all details you can in the Technical Issues and Bug Reports forum.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/89-technical-issues-and-bug-reports/

It might get some better attention there.

Here it is just going to get lost amongst all the other posts regarding this game version update.

I know that has to be very frustrating for you, I would be pulling my hair out if I were going through this. 

​I wish you the best in getting this figured out.

Has anybody noticed the behaviour of the needle on the homing device when flying over mountains? Devs, do mountains affect the signal of NDBs in the game?

Do yourself a favor and don't put yourself into credit card debt for this game, or anything else!

It's tempting, I know!

Coming from a Curious Gambler that's good advice!!

I'm still getting FPS drop below 60 and a lot of heavy stuttering when on WoL with the Kuban map, even after dropping my resolution. Off-line 4x4 QMB seems fine, and other maps are ok.

I hope for some future optimization, or as per my earlier posts I'm pretty much unable to do Kuban online*; I certainly can't fly a fighter effectively because of it.

*Maybe it is WoL related rather than the game,... hopefully....

Me and some my mates also experienced slideshow ( sttutering) during playing WOL at Kuban map even with constant 60 FPS ( no fps drop at all). Other maps seemed ok and no problem.

It happend every time when a few planes around dogfight no metter over sea or land low or high.  When zoom a little stutters gone but at wide view come back. Online game at WOL is unplayable - tried lowering some settings but no effect.

I checked Kuban offline with full AI planes and everything smooth - no problem.

Seeing all that attention to detail on their ships is a good sign of the things to come in the Pacific methinks 

Me and some my mates also experienced slideshow ( sttutering) during playing WOL at Kuban map even with constant 60 FPS ( no fps drop at all). Other maps seemed ok and no problem.

It happend every time when a few planes around dogfight no metter over sea or land low or high. When zoom a little stutters gone but at wide view come back. Online game at WOL is unplayable - tried lowering some settings but no effect.

I checked Kuban offline with full AI planes and everything smooth - no problem.

maybe its just your hardware... I have no performance problems... 80-144fps on Ultra ( Wings of Liberty

maybe its just your hardware... I have no performance problems... 80-144fps on Ultra ( Wings of Liberty

This is a fair assessment...

I got heavy stutters at Kuban map online where near other dogfighting planes even with constant 60 fps. Other maps seemed ok for me.

I got I5 4.5 Ghz with gtx 670.

The 670 is getting long in the tooth and is (generally) only a 2GB card.

Also, what generation of i5? First gen? Second gen? We're up to 7+ generations of Core i Series processors.

Edited by Space_Ghost

Yea  but strange is that fps is 50-60 where view start to stutter. Offline with full planes everythig is ok. I saw that people here with much better graphic card got similar problems at WOL online in Kuban map

Yea  but strange is that fps is 50-60 where view start to stutter. Offline with full planes everythig is ok. I saw that people here with much better graphic card got similar problems at WOL online in Kuban map

It's not a graphics card issue. 

Jason

I have new rig , 7600K 4.8GHZ with 1070, but sometimes experience heavy stutters when a lot of action around. However i thing i´ve found a solution... My 60hz monitor is a crap :) If fps drops even to 59, its actually under 30fps for a moment. Im gonna order new Dell 27´ g-sync 144hz monitor and see if its helps! 

Mirq, if you run the game from the launcher, it should update automatically. The version is shown in the bottom right corner of the main menu screen, and should currently read 2.012d.

Can somebody please tell me where I can download this upgrade from, or any upgrade for this game ?

I bought this game for VR.

In my case it is not working, that is not VR, it is something else. Images that deformes as I move my head. The cockpit is oval.

I think my problem is because I don't have the last upgrades intaled. Ok, that's simple except that there is no bloody fkin trace of any downloadable upgrade.

I am very pissed off . So far this game comes nowhere close to DCS, and I was told that BOS is best suited for VR. Not so far.

Please help.

PS.

Ok , i found out I have version 2.012d installed.

In this case everything is lost. This is not VR.

I had this bug once during testing. something on setup likely went wrong, In my case the game thought that my headset had a different resolution than it really had. IIRC It was solved with a reinstall, you might try to edit some VR configs in the startup.cfg however. As I sold my rift again I cannot help you further, sorry. There is a VR section in this forum, try asking for advice there, also you can contact the official support. Edited by 216th_Jordan

I had this bug once during testing. something on setup likely went wrong, In my case the game thought that my headset had a different resolution than it really had. IIRC It was solved with a reinstall, you might try to edit some VR configs in the startup.cfg however. As I sold my rift again I cannot help you further, sorry. There is a VR section in this forum, try asking for advice there, also you can contact the official support.

Where is that dedicated VR section ? I can\t find it.

So you are saying that you managed to correctly render the game in your Rift ? 

And what is the maximum resolution ? 1600  x 1024 ? Is it true ? OMG

Our VR implementation works fine. Whatever is happening on your system is something else. There are many here in the community who can assist you. 

Jason

• Upvote 2