Sign in to follow this  
DeadStaar

Recommended Button Maps for T160000M?

Hi, new to Joysticks here. 

I've acquired the highly affordable T160000M to whet my joystick appetite a bit before moving up to anything expensive. 

I'm overwhelmed by the selection of buttons available. The throttle, alone, has a massive amount of buttons...including two hats I have no idea what to do with. I do know that I have assigned the left throttle-based dial to elevator trim, which has been handy, and the the analogue slider(U-axis) just behind the main control stick as aileron trim, but it appears to not be working and I'm not quite sure why, as, its axis was detected.

I'm trying to get a sense of what controls you want at quick access and which can afford to be further. Any recommended profiles? I tried googling around. I'm guessing most people use a Hotas Warthog or something a little more prestigious...or much more basic, like the T-Flight. 

Edited by DeadStaar

I fiddled with a potential mapping suggestion for it during a long flight some months ago, let me see if I can find the file.

Here you go. It's a work of boredom and I don't think all of them really work out but most fit just fine. The v and h buttons refer to bombsight settings.

QieodLk.png

Set trims on analog axes (dial, slider, rotaries, levers, etc.) work only for some planes of the game, e.g. Bf 109 Stabilizer Adjust and I think for Ju 52... other planes need use buttons or keys for trims.

In this sub-forum may you find a example o buttons assignment.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/18-hardware-software-and-controllers/

Example: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29033-t16000m-fcs/?do=findComment&comment=467073

Edited by Sokol1

Lucas, that's interesting to see, I have the same HOTAS and a lot of our keybindings are the same. If I get a chance I'll do my own graphic to illustrate the differences, although it's all a matter of opinion.

I also have the rudder pedals which make all the difference in flight, I couldn't go back to flying without them now. And I use TrackIR instead of hats for head movement.

It's a great HOTAS setup actually, I was using it as a stopgap until I got a Warthog but I actually think I'll keep it as it works well for me as it is.

• Upvote 1

Salutations,

Here is what I am currently working with.

post-119325-0-78595200-1503847036_thumb.png

post-119325-0-74216300-1503847056_thumb.png

post-119325-0-02311800-1503847075_thumb.png

I see some of you are using the mini stick on the throttle to change gunsight settings or for trim... mine always resets to 50% when I take my finger off and it moves back to the middle position. Is there any way to get around that?

I don't use the stick for anything at the moment because there is no utility in an axis control that snaps back to the middle position unless I'm holding it still the whole time.

A way is make the mini-stick send key press, through TARGET (a elephant) or Joy2Key (a ant) - will work like a HAT. 

Since mini-stick are momentary and not positional axes, little use for anything than jet radar cursor or 6DOF in that "space games".

Edited by Sokol1

I see some of you are using the mini stick on the throttle to change gunsight settings or for trim... mine always resets to 50% when I take my finger off and it moves back to the middle position. Is there any way to get around that?

I don't use the stick for anything at the moment because there is no utility in an axis control that snaps back to the middle position unless I'm holding it still the whole time.

You need to change the axis to "MAP_RELATIVE" instead of default  "MAP_ABSOLUTE".

Has to be done with TARGET software, either GUI or SCRIPT EDITOR.

Best to read software doc's as you have to map all axis and buttons how you want them. Software and documents can be downloaded from Thrustmaster site. https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/twcs-throttle-en/ 

There are other ways eg. making the axis divided into key press's. In any case best to work it out for yourself. Takes a bit of work learning ( Edit:-Yes, is a bit of an elephant :)), but you won't regret the effort, once you work things out.

Edited by Chomp

TrackIR is fully supported by the game, or TrackIR fully supports this game, or both. Whatever, you should only have to ensure TrackIR game list is updated and it should work fine automatically. Just some tweaking of axis curves in TrackIR to your liking is all that may be necessary. You can then just map your POV hat to whatever you want in game, via settings > key mapping.