Supermarine Spitfire Skins

On 3/30/2018 at 5:18 PM, Diggun said:

Hi chaps,

I have absolutely no artistic skill whatsoever, but I wonder if I might put in a request for a skin.

Being a rugged and manly type, I like to strafe in style. Would one of you talented lot perhaps consider doing a recce pink spit? They are amazing. I know this is a IX, but they did exist as Vb's too...

pinkspit.jpg

Yes, you can

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/55426-skins-du-menhir-wip-et-dispo/

2019_11_4__18_34_22.jpg

Even a blue one

2019_11_4__17_53_27.jpg

Edited by Obelix
  • Thanks 2

@Trooper117 the download for the IXe seems to be broken 🙁 For the Vb these look great apart from the fact they have a very high gloss, almost metallic finish to them. Not sure if this is because of their age and something changed in the rendering since. Or maybe I'm missing some custom alpha layer that they use?

Edited by =X51=VC_

The skins are by Tom Weiss... you might want to contact him on the site and let him know the link is down.

As to the metallic finish, it may be that the skins need updating to the latest new graphics rendering engine from update 4.006. I know that Tom has been updating some of his skins recently  :)

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Reggie_Mental said:

@Skywarp

What is this?

spit_oilstain.thumb.png.d823b996db90a104c6aa6651bb7bab12.png

8 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

I’d say an oil leak stain.

3 hours ago, Reggie_Mental said:

Its on both sides of the engine cowling. It looks like some part of the wire frame model showing through.

spit_oilstain_stbd_side.png

@[Pb]Cybermat47 is correct. That stain is part of a layer in the template called "grease stains". The layer also adds some grease stains just forward of the bottom formation light and in various places underneath the wings. Though does perhaps look quite pronounced in that image. Tends to come out more subtle than that in the skins I've done and have not edited the layer either.

You can see the same stain in these two custom skins (first is my own creation, second is one added to the game for achtung spitfire).

7HgoPzR.jpg

0jmOyrh.jpg

Edited by Oliver88
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 6:34 PM, PvtSmartis said:

RDAF Spitfire 

351373850_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2020_05.10-17_46_56_04.thumb.png.be4be07c3882045f1b72f45ffa1d2e90.png

Using a book, on danish fighter aircraft throughout time as reference, I tried to skin the Spitfire mk IXe to the best of my ability. 

Hide contents

IMG-20200510-174124.jpgIMG-20200510-174119.jpgIMG-20200510-174153.jpg

Hide contents

IL-2-Sturmovik-Battle-of-Stalingrad-ScreIL-2-Sturmovik-Battle-of-Stalingrad-Scre

IL-2-Sturmovik-Battle-of-Stalingrad-Scre

Link to download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hG2RaoH8bnBtGQzji7HgrAbf7cWCUdBo

Beautifully made! Much appreciation from a dane! Do you know if it is possible for me to find a skin with the 331 squadron that Danish ww2 ace Kaj birksted was leading? “Free norwegian” i believe the squadron was called? 

again thank you for a fantastic skin that i am using everyday!

• Upvote 2
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...