Raptorattacker

Supermarine Spitfire Skins

The story so far... Serials etc to go and then she's yours! Attached Thumbnails

Holy crap man that looks Epic! I can't wait for this one, gonna be my go to for sure. Cheers Raptorattacker!  :biggrin:  :salute:.

Edited by Stlg13/Sgt_Schultz
  • Upvote 1

Liking that shade with the lightening bolt, though I was interpreting it in the photo and that color profile from the kit I posted as being a perhaps white arrow that had been painted over with some green color afterwards (perhaps a standard VVS color?) to cover it. Anyone think there might be some credence to this? Were I to build that kit, I figure that would be the way I'd paint it. 

Edited by thenorm
  • Upvote 1

Liking that shade with the lightening bolt, though I was interpreting it in the photo and that color profile from the kit I posted as being a perhaps white arrow that had been painted over with some green color afterwards (perhaps a standard VVS color?) to cover it. Anyone think there might be some credence to this? Were I to build that kit, I figure that would be the way I'd paint it. 

Thing is, a lot of those mods were applied 'in the field' weren't they? In most cases I would go with 'artistic licence'. If there are no definitive images to prove otherwise then that's all we have, isn't it?

NB A lot of the paints they used 'in the field' were diluted as well to make them go further, weren't they?

Edited by Raptorattacker

Holy crap man that looks Epic! I can't wait for this one, gonna be my go to for sure. Cheers Raptorattacker!  :biggrin:  :salute:.

Thankyou Sgt. The mouth was a bitch to do but it's done as well as I am prepared to do. I am certainly no perfectionist but I DO know when something looks good and when to stop!

Thankyou Sgt. The mouth was a bitch to do but it's done as well as I am prepared to do. I am certainly no perfectionist but I DO know when something looks good and when to stop!

Yeah I'm no skinner but if I was, I don't think I'd be attempting this one any time soon, haha. I think it looks pretty damn spot on, I can't tell the difference to be honest. Thanks again Raptor, jolly good show!.

The skin is for the Supermarine Spitfire Vb but is based on a MkVIII variant of the 'Grey Nurse' 457 Squadron of the RAAF

and was done as a request.

A58-602/RG-V was flown by Wing Commander R.H. 'Bobby' Gibbes, Wing Leader No.80 Wing

Sattler Airstrip, December 1944. 

KV6GDeA.jpg

MF3Elb7.jpg

YoUnt7N.jpg

hljsMps.jpg

WZRTMBj.jpg

q9Z5ZN7.jpg

Skin can be downloaded HERE

Have fun and shoot straight mates!!

Customary heads - up to @ICDP for the 4k template.

PS Before anyone says, yes the Ace is the wrong way up but hey, it's a model!! Tee! Hee!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Superb skin Raptorattacker  :salute: Thank you for taking the time to make it, much appreciated!.

Edited by Stlg13/Sgt_Schultz
  • Upvote 1

Superb skin Raptorattacker  :salute: Thank you for taking the time to make it, much appreciated!.

As ever Sir, a pleasure. Take care and don't scratch the paint!!

Nice work . :salute:

Thankyou sir! Thankyou very much. I think the 'Speed Spitfire' is next and then I think I may have a break from Spitfires for a while.

The spitfire is nice in flight but also for skins. :) 

The Spitfire is quite easy and fast for skins.

NOT when you're re-modelling that mouth it aint!! That thing crosses three profiled borders does that. As you know, what you think on the flat map AINT what you get on the wireframe!! Anyway, done now so onward and upward!!

• Upvote 2

Oh Raptorattacker we all KNOW it was a piece cake.  :lol:   Nice job.

Ha! Ha! I know, I was just lookin' for some sympathy!! Thanks!!  :mellow:

Good job!

Thanks Monkey! YOU look like you're having fun in the Dev thread?  ;) I like your Single Player Missions, by the way.

@Smouch

Thankyou very much, I'm glad you like it.

Edited by Raptorattacker

@Blitzen

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten the 'Speed Spit'! Just quite a lot on my plate at the moment with family stuff so...

• Upvote 1

@Blitzen

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten the 'Speed Spit'! Just quite a lot on my plate at the moment with family stuff so...

I look forward to it...BTW some versions of the color scheme have the lightening strike & numbers in bright yellow... :huh:

post-393-0-76711000-1508871849_thumb.jpg

I look forward to it...BTW some versions of the color scheme have the lightening strike & numbers in bright yellow... :huh:

Yeah, a lot of the pictures of historic machines vary quite a lot. I'll get into some research and get the most plausible. 

Skin 4k Supermarine Spitfire F. Mk IXE «2 Red» operated by the 19th IAP of the Air Defence Force, Vas’kovo airfield near Arkhangel’sk, the autumn of 1948. The unusual (for a Spitfire) colour scheme of dark green with pale blue undersurfaces was probably applied locally. The very faded tactical code was outlined in white; the rudder trim tab was painted red. National insignia were applied to the fuselage, fin and wing undersurfaces

post-7910-0-15297700-1508882277_thumb.jpg

post-7910-0-39178800-1508882513_thumb.jpgpost-7910-0-21716400-1508882576_thumb.jpg

Update 26/10/2017
  small color arrangements

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rad2u93svwhrtkm/SpitfireMkVb_4k_2red_vvs_19iap.dds

:salute:

Edited by E69_julian57
  • Upvote 3

@E69_julian57

THAT I like. Nice one!

@Blitzen

The 'Speed Spitfire' story so far... there's not much to it really, just a little cleaning up and such...

IvnQSB5.jpg

The Speed Sit is now available HERE

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Upvote 2

@E69_julian57

THAT I like. Nice one!

@Blitzen

The 'Speed Spitfire' story so far... there's not much to it really, just a little cleaning up and such...

IvnQSB5.jpg

:salute:

• Upvote 2

Good looking skin julian57! don't mind if I do  :).

Man that looks nice!.

• Upvote 1

Good looking skin julian57! don't mind if I do   :).

Of course :soldier:

Good skins  Raptorattacker :good:  :salute:

Edited by E69_julian57

@Blitzen

There y'go mate, as requested! ^^^^^^^

Wow- so pretty...nice gift for a Friday! :salute:

Great skin Raptor,

I love it!

Cheers (again!)

No problem and thanks again to you. Have fun and shoot straight mate!!

• Upvote 1

Superb skin of Bobby Gibbes' Spit  Raptorattacker .... but .... where's it gone ?  Tried downloading it just now and a message comes up saying it's unavailable ?  

Cheers, bloody great work mate

109Driver

Raptorattacker, I'm having the same problems as 109driver, and I really want this brilliant skin, could you look into it Mate? It's too good to miss. Many thanks for your efforts.

By the way, my avatar is Bobby Gibbs!