Raptorattacker

Supermarine Spitfire Skins

Raptorattacker, I'm having the same problems as 109driver, and I really want this brilliant skin, could you look into it Mate? It's too good to miss. Many thanks for your efforts.

By the way, my avatar is Bobby Gibbs!

Sorry Mate, I'm  trying the link from your 20th October post, and still having no luck. Is there another way?

Try again from the link on the skin post. I just tried it and it works for me... as ever, if it don't then just shout me up and I'll try and sort something else out...

Thanks mate, my apologies for not replying earlier, my computer has thrown a tanty and is in dry dock. Looking forward to trying again

Gottim this time. Many thanks old fella, just up the road from us, in Aussie terms, just a couple of hours by car, the Temora air museum has a Mk 9 in these colours, and a friend is one of the Rated pilots. So this skin has a special meaning. Thanks again for your wonderful work.

Gottim this time. Many thanks old fella, just up the road from us, in Aussie terms, just a couple of hours by car, the Temora air museum has a Mk 9 in these colours, and a friend is one of the Rated pilots. So this skin has a special meaning. Thanks again for your wonderful work.

Brilliant! D'you know Magz (MagzTV, Youtuner)? He was telling me that he's been up close and personal as well. A friend one of the rated Pilots as well?? That's ace, makes me feel all warm inside!! Enjoy and DON'T scratch the paintwork!!  ;)

Does anybody want a Spitfire? Yeah I know, stupid question... :biggrin: 

Okay, here we go. Based on ICDP´s fantastic Spitfire template I did this,

a sort of factory fresh, shiny, bright "look-at-me-skin" for the Spitfire pilot who doesn´t take it too seriously.  :) 

It is completely fictional-just-for-the-fun-of-it. The crew chief enjoyed it very much so don´t scratch the paintwork... :lol:  

Preview Spitfire Orange 72:

post-100423-0-27389400-1514106689_thumb.jpg

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k753xlqrrzv6d5n/SpitfireMkVb%20Orange72.dds?dl=0

Merry Christmas everyone and a happy, peaceful New Year, cheers!

• Upvote 4

Please one skin for me ,from No.64 SH*C ,N3231 for me.(1940)

Any pictures?

I'll sort it out in the next couple of days @Vukac. Where did you find this particular picture? It would be nice for me to know who the pilot was and any other history that you may have? I've just been searching and can't find any other pictures OR details on this bird and I do like to have at least a little bit of info on the ones I do, just for my own interest really... Don't worry if you haven't got anything though... :salute:

Portuguese Spitfire VB Pack: 6 Historical Skins

In late 1943 Britain delivered a number of refurbished Mk I Spitfires to Portugal. Though this offering may seem rather paltry, it should be remembered that Portugal was not a combatant nation. In 1943 demand for Spitfires overseas completely outstripped supply.

post-16789-0-51432400-1517068352_thumb.jpg post-16789-0-71845700-1517068365_thumb.jpg

The Mk I's were followed post-war by deliveries of the Mk V variant. Although aged by north European standards, these machines were thoroughly reconditioned with several aircraft appearing to show replacement parts taken from Mk IX stocks, including some six-point exhaust stubbs and pointed rudders. Compared to the armaments of Spain, these were more than sufficient to meet Portugal's defence needs. The spitfire remained in service in Portugal into the 1950's.

Download Here:

Many thanks to IDCP for the original 4k template.

:salute: JR

Edited by Johnny-Red
  • Upvote 2

RAF 19 Squadron Spitfire VB Pack: 4 Historical Skins

19 Squadron operated Spitfire VB's from October 1941 to August 1943.

All skins carry original 19 Squadron Spitfire VB serial numbers, but it was not possible to match tactical letters to serials, which instead are representative rather than aircraft specific:

post-16789-0-77352300-1518296214_thumb.jpgpost-16789-0-74630800-1518296251_thumb.jpg

Download Here

Many thanks to IDCP for the original 4k template.

:salute: JR

• Upvote 4

Great stuff mate!

Where is QV-T? (pretty please, lol)

Edited by Trooper117

Thank you :salute:

As for a certain QV-T, It's in the post mate  ;)  (I'll PM you)

Just to say thanks to JR for his efforts in making QV-T for me, he did a lovely job...

spit_13.jpg

spit_12.jpg

I had just shot down a 110 and was feeling pleased with myself, when his Leader 'did a lovely job' and bounced me!

spit_14.jpg

That will teach me... made me jump out of my bloody seat!... Made it home for tea and toast though :)

spit_15.jpg

Thank you for your kind words. I've been a bit too preoccupied to be very productive this last year or so, but for as long as the ceiling holds up on it's own it's good to be back doing what I enjoy :salute:

I have an RAF 616 Sqn Chanel Front for Spitfire VB 6-pack (still rerquiring sources for the last 2 planes) in progress (and hopfully out very soon) and a Chanel Front Army Cooperation Command 613 Sqn Tomahawk 6-pack (for use on the P-40). It would be lovely to skin 613 Sqn with their Mustang I's calling in Beaufighter strikes, but I expect that will have to wait a LONG time...

I'm hoping campaign builders and virtual squadrons will apppreciate the potential of unit-specific aircraft sets (and groups of 6 planes).

If anyone has any specific requirements for a Spitfire skin, or better still suggestions for an historic skin pack, PM me ;)

JR

Edited by Johnny-Red

It would be lovely to skin 613 Sqn with their Mustang I's calling in Beaufighter strikes, but I expect that will have to wait a LONG time...

BoB will at least have the P-51, even if it aint the early model! It's the wait though, the accursed wait!! Keep up the good stuff J-R!

Posted (edited)

Summer 1941.

Allied pilots on the western front face a new, unknown foe, the Fw-190A, AKA "Anton". The new beast is faster and climbs and dives better than the Spitfire.
Energy tactics used by the "experten" inflict big losses on british ranks. Only the fittest will survive.
Suddenly, german kameraden begin to whisper about an anomalous enemy pilot, an oddity who is winning many dogfights.
The fear grows, they call him "Der Würger Von Belfast". Sergeant Major 2nd Class Jamie Spector has a privileged, twisted mind, and he has just discovered Anton's Achilles heel.
Taking advantage of Spitfire's ridiculous wing load, he has learnt to frantically turn around his prey until depleting all his energy, knowing that at low speeds the BMW exhaust fumes will asphyxiate the unfortunate Jerry...  Seven known victims.
Decorated, he survived the war and ran a successful career as a marriage counselor.  OK, it's a fictional 4K skin heavily based on the astonishing template by ICDP.

Download link:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpzbzjq2xogvep0/SpitfireMkVb_Spector.dds?dl=0

13-Spector.jpg

Edited by melkarth
  • Upvote 1

Hi chaps,

I have absolutely no artistic skill whatsoever, but I wonder if I might put in a request for a skin.

Being a rugged and manly type, I like to strafe in style. Would one of you talented lot perhaps consider doing a recce pink spit? They are amazing. I know this is a IX, but they did exist as Vb's too...

pinkspit.jpg

Posted (edited)

As a point of interest, there was a partially de-fanged and suped-up fighter recon variant of the Spitfire VB; the semi-officially designated Mark XIII:

IIRC It was a VB re-engined with the Merlin 32 (18lb boosted). Unlike the LF variants of the V which gave their best round 6000", I think it was rated for maximum output at round 2000". It retained its .303's but sacrifced the cannon. I think there was a conversion contract for about 30 or 40 of them specifically for low level work. I'm not sure whether they removed the cannon blisters from the wings, or for that matter clipped the tips, but it should have been lovelly and fast low down, and maybe a little lighter lighter than the VB (depending on fuel load and cameras).

Edited by Johnny-Red
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Diggun said:

Hi chaps,

I have absolutely no artistic skill whatsoever, but I wonder if I might put in a request for a skin.

Being a rugged and manly type, I like to strafe in style. Would one of you talented lot perhaps consider doing a recce pink spit? They are amazing. I know this is a IX, but they did exist as Vb's too...

pinkspit.jpg

Maybe try this ,is not the same......but is "pink" :biggrin:

17 hours ago, szelljr said:

Maybe try this ,is not the same......but is "pink" :biggrin:

Aha! Amazing, close enough! thank you so much!

Moderator, can this thread please be pinned with the other skin posts?  There isn't one for the Spitfire.

• Upvote 2