lefuneste

3DMigoto mod for VR

New v8.0 version available in first post. It works on 3.001 (at least for me !)

It takes me more time than expected, I had some trouble with icon/label masking. I still do not have the same behaviour as the previous versions, when zooming labels may not be masked on full area, I do not understand the root causes... :wacko:

It includes the zoom of the 7.x version, and, as I started to use russian plane, I modified the way to improve sights. Reduced sight are not enough readable for red russian sight, and strengthened sights at standard size are introducing overlapping when you use both eye. So, as devs said that we have to close an eye to use sight, I do it for you. You have now by default strenghtened sights at full size but only displayed for right eye. I found it very usable. Of course you can go back to standard sight, choose to use left eye instead of right eye, and the option to reduce sights are still available, you'll just have to update d3dx.ini. 

I also add modifier for some keys (see first post) in order to avoid modifying settings when chatting in multiplayer console.

I just make unitary testing, so there may be unseen bugs. Unfortunately I will not have too much time this week end and next week to try the new BoS version, my week free time is gone into the mod update, but for me it's just not possible to play in VR without its functions...

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

You guys need to wait for lefuneste to update the mod to 3.x first. It's not compatible at the moment.

He is doing that in his free time voluntarily, so waiting is in order until he confirms and releases a new update:salute:

Roger that. BTW, I tried PMing you but it said you can’t receive messages?

8 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Just wait for the new version, I'm on it.

3dmigoto modify shader, if a shader has change it is no more modified, so part of the mod is not working anymore. With the 3.001 some shader have change, so any of the previous version will only partially not work.

I have to find which shaders have change and modify them to introduce again in them the mod features. Work is in progress.

Ok thanks, I will wait. I really appreciate all of your efforts Lefuneste, you’ve made the game much more enjoyable for us VRers. 

All the best to you my friend :)

32 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

New v8.0 version available in first post. It works on 3.001 (at least for me !)

It takes me more time than expected, I had some trouble with icon/label masking. I still do not have the same behaviour as the previous versions, when zooming labels may not be masked on full area, I do not understand the root causes... :wacko:

It includes the zoom of the 7.x version, and, as I started to use russian plane, I modified the way to improve sights. Reduced sight are not enough readable for red russian sight, and strengthened sights at standard size are introducing overlapping when you use both eye. So, as devs said that we have to close an eye to use sight, I do it for you. You have now by default strenghtened sights at full size but only displayed for right eye. I found it very usable. Of course you can go back to standard sight, choose to use left eye instead of right eye, and the option to reduce sights are still available, you'll just have to update d3dx.ini. 

I also add modifier for some keys (see first post) in order to avoid modifying settings when chatting in multiplayer console.

I just make unitary testing, so there may be unseen bugs. Unfortunately I will not have too much time this week end and next week to try the new BoS version, my week free time is gone into the mod update, but for me it's just not possible to play in VR without its functions...

Thank you Sir. This was fast. I haven't had the chance to try but in any case your work with this is appreciated.

Many thanks Lefuneste. We are blind without you. 

Only me having left-eye blinking/bugging out when in the p-39? All else and other aircrafts, seem fine.

It looks like they introduce a new texture for p39 sight....As I wrote, I did not have time to try new version, I use it  just to update the mod. You should try to switch to standard sight (alt + k). It's not hard to fix, but I will not have time to do it tomorrow...

8.0 is working great, thanks again 

Lefuneste, can I gift you a collector plane for all your work?

Edited by 1_Robert_

Thanks a lot! lefuneste. It works like a charm. Now I can go back to the sky again. :salute:

6 hours ago, lefuneste said:

It looks like they introduce a new texture for p39 sight....As I wrote, I did not have time to try new version, I use it  just to update the mod. You should try to switch to standard sight (alt + k). It's not hard to fix, but I will not have time to do it tomorrow...

No worries, go take care of important things! I can live with a little blinking and would still use the mod if it was like that for every aircraft :)

I thought it was gunsight but it's the same in every crosshair mode. Also tried disabling the zoom-mask as I thought it was the mask blinking, but no luck so far. 

Edited by a_radek

10X doesn't work very well. But 5x does and that's enough. =)

Also sight toggle only gives me default (german) and a default sized one that's just brighter but same size as default. Kinda miss the smaller scale lufty sight.

Everything else works great. If anyone tinkers with this and come up with custom configs that work well, (and maybe tweaked sights too) please share for us all. =)

Thanks @lefuneste! I can play now again. =)

1 hour ago, [CPT]CptJackSparrow said:

10X doesn't work very well.

Kinda miss the smaller scale lufty sight.

what is the problem with 10x zoom ?

you can reduce sight as before by modifying d3dx.ini in zoom section. I setup default factor for 1, but you can set it to previous value (just compare d3dx.ini of 7.2 and 8.0)

10x is totally black, with just a sliver of viewable.

Will do on the sight, ill compare em and see. =)

Edit: @lefuneste

Gunsite worked. Set it to two and poof, ity bity lufty sight.

3x and 5x zoom are working dandy. Don't go to any great lengths for just me. I'm sure someone will post their tweaked settings. I'm just elated that I can see again.  =)

Thank you again for the mod. =)

Edited by [CPT]CptJackSparrow

All zooms work fine for me on Rift.

I found these y7 values work best. This is to adjust the zoom view vertically and I think they are objective values. If they work for me they should work for everyone. Not sure about this though.

The way I tested is to use the 10x and 5x zoom then push the ingame zoom. With the default values the mod zoom and in game zoom are not aligned. With these numbers they are perfectly aligned. I didn't change the 1.5x zoom value. It's good enough.

[Key1]
;set high zoom on
Key = Ctrl no_alt no_shift VK_UP
type = toggle
; modify here the first value you want to use for zoom increase
w = 10.0
y6 = 1.31
x7 = -0.15
y7 = -0.85

[Key2]
;set  zoom on
Key = Ctrl no_alt no_shift VK_DOWN
type = toggle
w = 1.5
y6 = 0.08
x7 = -0.15
y7 = -0.0

[Key3]
;set med zoom on
Key = Ctrl no_alt no_shift VK_RIGHT
type = toggle
; w = 3.0
w = 5.0
; y6 = 0.1
; y6 = 0.3
y6 = 0.6
x7 = -0.15
y7 = -0.425

3 hours ago, [CPT]CptJackSparrow said:

10x is totally black, with just a sliver of viewable.

Will do on the sight, ill compare em and see. =)

Edit: @lefuneste

Gunsite worked. Set it to two and poof, ity bity lufty sight.

3x and 5x zoom are working dandy. Don't go to any great lengths for just me. I'm sure someone will post their tweaked settings. I'm just elated that I can see again.  =)

Thank you again for the mod. =)

You may need to check the x7 value and see if it's off. When I was tinkering with that I noticed it moves the circles you are watching through. As in the two tubes of a binocular. You can move them too close ot too far away and you will only see the black between the two.

The default -0.15 value works best.

Edited by -[HRAF]Black_Sab

I did a clean install of the game and v8.0 of the mod, but I am having issues with clouds :/.

Using a Vive, with 5X and 10X zooms, the clouds on the left eye are flickering; and when using the IPD offset (global shift), everything shift correctly but the clouds.

Thanks lefuneste!

Little info:  In LA-5FN and other new aircrafts the left eye flickers when zooming, and the left eye flickers with the crosshairs. Again, this happens only in the newly released aircrafts. Why, I cannot tell. I double checked, went into 109G2, into 190A5, there it was fine. La5FN, there it was flickering again.

4 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Thanks lefuneste!

Little info:  In LA-5FN and other new aircrafts the left eye flickers when zooming, and the left eye flickers with the crosshairs. Again, this happens only in the newly released aircrafts. Why, I cannot tell. I double checked, went into 109G2, into 190A5, there it was fine. La5FN, there it was flickering again.

I did not have this flickering. Can you post your settings and a track whan the problem occures ? maybe it's related to something specific.

4 hours ago, Bilou said:

I did a clean install of the game and v8.0 of the mod, but I am having issues with clouds :/.

Using a Vive, with 5X and 10X zooms, the clouds on the left eye are flickering; and when using the IPD offset (global shift), everything shift correctly but the clouds.

That's normal, because I did not find a way to avoid cloud flickering. So they flickrered when zoomed, and I deactivate cloud IPD offset to avoid this flickering. I think we could live without IPD offset for cloud, they are far enough...

18 hours ago, 1_Robert_ said:

8.0 is working great, thanks again 

Lefuneste, can I gift you a collector plane for all your work?

I already have all. If you want to give something, give it to guy who make 3Dmigoto evolving: https://www.patreon.com/DarkStarSword: (but he does not have IL2BoS, so it should not be a plane)

Edited by lefuneste

2 hours ago, lefuneste said:

That's normal, because I did not find a way to avoid cloud flickering. So they flickrered when zoomed, and I deactivate cloud IPD offset to avoid this flickering. I think we could live without IPD offset for cloud, they are far enough...

I also have the cloud flickering in the left eye when zooming, and the clouds are doubled. Only in the left eye. Is there a way I can reactivate cloud IPD offset to see if it's better?

This is very hard on the left eye. It goes in tears in a few minutes.

One thing that's strange is that yesterday I flew a mission on WOL and I did not have this. They may be using some other versions of clouds?

I always have this in SP.

18 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Thanks lefuneste!

Same with p-39, though I don't seem to get this with the yak-7. So perhaps not all new aircraft? Check the Yak7 when you have an opportunity to do so Fenris.

And also if I'm in the p-39 and look out the side windows so that none of the cockpit is visible, the flickering stops. It's definetly dependant on your head viewing angle.

Lefuneste, I can record this for you though won't have any gaming time til this weekend. It looks as if normals were being randomly and constantly flipped, though could very well be some transparency sorting issue. It's very hard to tell as the frequency is so fast. Left eye only and reticle modes don't make a difference. 

Edited by a_radek

Iirc, Yak7 seems to be no issue. Yes, P-39 as well, just like La-5FN. The flashing/flipping is extremely fast on the left eye. Can't fly the new fantastic planes like this :/

Btw lefuneste, the reticle mod (only right eye) is fantastic. Really good idea! Everything works well otherwise! :fly:

Can you post a track when flickering occured  and your graphics settings ?

The only thing I can do in short term with cloud flashing is to disable them of beeing zoomed...I did ot manage to understand why they are flashing and so to fix them !

Ok, I got it : the mirror is breaking the offset computation. P39 is not working, LA5FN without mirror is working, LA5FN with mirror not.

I must understand now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm afraid I have to throw in some confusion.

I tested today. 4 vs 4 quick missions. My plane 109 G4 vs Yak-7b's (I think). Stalingrad Summer. Average weather. Clouds on 3000m. I had the double clouds and cloud flickering in left eye with all 3 zoom types.

I restarted the mission a few times to practice. Always flickering and double clouds in left eye.

Then changed enemy planes to P-39L-1, still G4 for me and the issue was gone. Changed my plane to F4. Still no issue

I thought I found a clue that some plane types on a map can cause the flickering and double clouds in left eye.

But changed enemy back to Yaks and still no issues. I tried with all types of Yaks as enemy planes to make sure and no issues.

I did not change any settings in the mod or the game or nvidia. Nothing. Still the issue resolved itself. 

I'll test some more tomorrow as I think this iwill not be permanent.

Hi all,

i try to set a joy button for Zoom like

;set high zoom on
Key = joy2_b14
type = hold

but it dosent work. maybe anyone have a idea why ?

There is no way to directly assign joy buttons. I use JoyToKey to map the keys set in the mod transleted to my HOTAS buttons.

JoyToKey works great, I use a VR zoom + 5x zoom combo on one button and it works great. I had to adjust the vertical on the 5x zoom to match the VR zoom, I used y7=-0.9.

21 hours ago, -[HRAF]Black_Sab said:

I'm afraid I have to throw in some confusion.

I tested today. 4 vs 4 quick missions. My plane 109 G4 vs Yak-7b's (I think). Stalingrad Summer. Average weather. Clouds on 3000m. I had the double clouds and cloud flickering in left eye with all 3 zoom types.

I restarted the mission a few times to practice. Always flickering and double clouds in left eye.

Then changed enemy planes to P-39L-1, still G4 for me and the issue was gone. Changed my plane to F4. Still no issue

I thought I found a clue that some plane types on a map can cause the flickering and double clouds in left eye.

But changed enemy back to Yaks and still no issues. I tried with all types of Yaks as enemy planes to make sure and no issues.

I did not change any settings in the mod or the game or nvidia. Nothing. Still the issue resolved itself. 

I'll test some more tomorrow as I think this iwill not be permanent.

cloud flickering is tricky. It depends of head orientation and surely other factors...

3 hours ago, lefuneste said:

cloud flickering is tricky. It depends of head orientation and surely other factors...

Very strange. I tested today again and same results. I start the game and do a quick mission. The clouds are doubled and flickering badly in the left eye (EDIT:only when zooming with the mod I mean). I restart the mission (I mean not leave - finish - start again, but restart) and it's all good. It's not the head position. The issue is definitely gone. And chances are very good that it's not coming back until the game is closed. I can start new missions without issues. It only came back once so far within the same game session.

Note that I'm not sure this is exactly the same issue as others reporting with new aircraft reticle flickering in left eye (along with clouds). I haven't checked the new aircraft so far.

15 hours ago, -[HRAF]Black_Sab said:

Very strange. I tested today again and same results. I start the game and do a quick mission. The clouds are doubled and flickering badly in the left eye (EDIT:only when zooming with the mod I mean). I restart the mission (I mean not leave - finish - start again, but restart) and it's all good. It's not the head position. The issue is definitely gone. And chances are very good that it's not coming back until the game is closed. I can start new missions without issues. It only came back once so far within the same game session.

Note that I'm not sure this is exactly the same issue as others reporting with new aircraft reticle flickering in left eye (along with clouds). I haven't checked the new aircraft so far.

Do not waste your time, I have identified and fixed the problem, I still have some work to put  all the mod in coherency, but it works with cloud and sight for planes with mirror now.

The problem was in the choice of shader I used to identify the eye related to image being computed. I had to change the global process of eye finding, to make it more robust.

One problem would remain : I did not find how to zoom the mirror, so the legacy zoom will be needed to look better into it..

Edited by lefuneste

1 minute ago, lefuneste said:

Do not waste your time, I have identified and fixed the problem, I still have some work to put  all the mod in coherency, but it works with cloud and sight for planes with mirror now.

The problem was in the choice of shader I used to identify the eye related to image being computed. I had to change the global process of eye finding, to make it more robust.

One problem would remain : I did not find how to zoom the mirror, so the legacy zoom will be needed to look better into it..

Lefuneste,

did you update the mod files or it's still 8.0 ?

2 hours ago, lefuneste said:

That is a great news. Thank you as always.

2 hours ago, moosya said:

Lefuneste,

did you update the mod files or it's still 8.0 ?

Good question.

EIDT: by checking Lefuneste's reply again this is W.I.P.

Last 8.1 version that works with mirror is available in first post.

It provide a more robust way of handling eye computation and label masking. Cloud flickering are gone now.

Mirrors are not working with modded zoom (I turn them to gray instean of having a tiny floatting image), you'll have to use standard game zoom for them.

Zoom settings are tuned by default for Rift (settings from from -[HRAF]Black_Sab) but I also included Vive settings from Wraithzlt. You'll just have to comment/uncomment the ones you want.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

lefuneste you're great. Once BoBP releases its future additional not yet known collector planes, make sure to send me a message and I'll get you one of them as a thank you. (I've read you already go everything right now!)

By god this is amazing, great work. I can finally ident aircraft at the same level as with a monitor! 

AND NO MORE PROP BLUR. Praise be!

18 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

lefuneste you're great. Once BoBP releases its future additional not yet known collector planes, make sure to send me a message and I'll get you one of them as a thank you. (I've read you already go everything right now!)

I already have all of them, and I did not make the mod to have something  in return (except maybe positive feedback;)). I had done it firstly for myself, because I found VR nearly unplayable without mod functionalities. The only part I made for others was the propeler disabling, but it was really easy to do.

The best reward should be that devs integrate mod functionalities into the game, so I will not have to spend time to update it at every new version...

5 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

I already have all of them, and I did not make the mod to have something  in return (except maybe positive feedback;)). I had done it firstly for myself, because I found VR nearly unplayable without mod functionalities. The only part I made for others was the propeler disabling, but it was really easy to do.

The best reward should be that devs integrate mod functionalities into the game, so I will not have to spend time to update it at every new version...

Lefuneste, while I understand you don't care much about donations all we want is to buy you a beer or two as an appreciation for the time you spend on this. 

If this mod stopped working I'd probably spend 2 days crying in a fetal position and end that with seriously considering that shitty trackir again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and give this a try soon. I've been wanting to not become dependent on a mod to help me here, hoping that somehow developers would take some more time to look into improving VR, but it seems that this is not happening. Looks like lots of positive feedback regarding the mod. Performance still an issue or getting better?

56 minutes ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and give this a try soon. I've been wanting to not become dependent on a mod to help me here, hoping that somehow developers would take some more time to look into improving VR, but it seems that this is not happening. Looks like lots of positive feedback regarding the mod. Performance still an issue or getting better?

performance isn't an issue whatsoever. But even if you do experience a 2-3 fps drop (i don't) the ability to do x5 or x10 zoom plus turning off the propeller disk (while maintaining aws for the rest of the game) -- it's definitely a true winner in my book.