lefuneste

3DMigoto mod for VR

On 04/03/2018 at 9:25 PM, 71st_AH_statuskuo said:

Thanks for the quick turnaround, however not sure if it fixed it.  I changed y7=0.5 in the global settings (under the new comment of"Yshift for zoom")  but got warping across my entire image.   
I then set  y7 under the 10x zoom to 0.5, but got the previous result of shifting the entire view in both the y and x axis, which seemed to be the same as the previous y7 modifier for "xy offset for mask  positive= shift left & up (pb with Rift)"

Not a big deal if this can't be corrected as I've already learned to tilt my head up slightly at 10x zoom to acquire the target (3x zoom seems fine, I don't use 5x).

I just discovered that I forgot to update the shader doing the "google mask", so this mask was moving with y7 change. I updated the 7.2, it should be right now.

3 hours ago, lefuneste said:

I just discovered that I forgot to update the shader doing the "google mask", so this mask was moving with y7 change. I updated the 7.2, it should be right now.

Thanks, will try again.  Do I have to reinstall everything or just a certain file from the 7.2 zip file.

18 hours ago, 71st_AH_statuskuo said:

Thanks, will try again.  Do I have to reinstall everything or just a certain file from the 7.2 zip file.

if you clean the install previously to the v7.1 you just have to drop the new version on the 7.2. It will overwrite the faulty shaders.

hi, lefuneste,

i tried the 7.2 version and noticed the 'Alt u'  for color fix doesn't work/change anything in Rift anymore. Is this an expected behavior?  In previous 7.1 version it works fine as I liked the 'darker' image much better.

The color didn't work for me either though on the Vive I found using 'night mode' helps with the brightness problems. I ended up uninstalling the mod, I might give it another try another time but for me it was unstable and kept crashing the game. Not sure if that's because it has incompatibility problems. I really liked it for ID'ing planes but alas...

6 hours ago, moosya said:

hi, lefuneste,

i tried the 7.2 version and noticed the 'Alt u'  for color fix doesn't work/change anything in Rift anymore. Is this an expected behavior?  In previous 7.1 version it works fine as I liked the 'darker' image much better.

6 hours ago, Wolf8312 said:

The color didn't work for me either though on the Vive I found using 'night mode' helps with the brightness problems. I ended up uninstalling the mod, I might give it another try another time but for me it was unstable and kept crashing the game. Not sure if that's because it has incompatibility problems. I really liked it for ID'ing planes but alas...

That's strange, because it is working for me. did you use the left alt key ?

Anyway, you can set z6 to 0.0 instead 0.1 and keep w6 to 1.0 in the begining of d3dx.ini in order to have standard colors.

This is where you can do it

;----------------
; Color Fix
;----------------
; default value to add and mul to each color component 
z6 = 0.1
; w6 = 0.9
; z6 = 0.0
w6 = 1.0

:

39 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

That's strange, because it is working for me. did you use the left alt key ?

Anyway, you can set z6 to 0.0 instead 0.1 and keep w6 to 1.0 in the begining of d3dx.ini in order to have standard colors.

This is where you can do it

;----------------
; Color Fix
;----------------
; default value to add and mul to each color component 
z6 = 0.1
; w6 = 0.9
; z6 = 0.0
w6 = 1.0

:

yup, using the same left alt u  as in version 7.1 .. but not working in 7.2 for some odd reason.

thank you for the hint on which variable to change!

Has anybody sorted out good figures for IPD with the different zoom levels for a VIVE? 

For me i can only use the zooms (1.5x, 3x, 10x)  with one eye closed and the 10x zoom i use one eye and also have to look left a little to re-find my target. :blink:

Edited by Wraithzlt
add for the Vive headset

13 hours ago, Wraithzlt said:

Has anybody sorted out good figures for IPD with the different zoom levels for a VIVE? 

For me i can only use the zooms (1.5x, 3x, 10x)  with one eye closed and the 10x zoom i use one eye and also have to look left a little to re-find my target. :blink:

Hello, did you try with the last 7.2 version ?

The Alt u doesn't work with hdr enabled guys, I stated that pages ago ;)

Maybe a small FAQ could be in order @lefuneste. It would effectively save time you'd spend answering questions of people otherwise.

S! 

Yes i just installed the 7.2. It made a bit of a change with the bino/mask effect.

I have just spent a solid two hours test figures for the zoom settings. I have found great 10x, 5x and 1.5x zoom settings!

Here are my best settings for my Vive headset:

[Key1]
;set high zoom on
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_UP
type = hold
; modify here the first value you want to use for zoom increase
w = 10.0
x6 = 1.3
y6 = 1.1
x7 = -0.15
y7 = 0.1

[Key2]
;set  zoom on
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_DOWN
type = hold
w = 1.5
y6 = 0.055
x6 = 0.055
x7 = -0.15
y7 = 0.0

[Key3]
;set med zoom on
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_RIGHT
type = hold
; w = 3.0
w = 5.0
x6 = 0.525
y6 = 0.525
x7 = -0.15
y7 = 0.05

I have found that the y6 and x6 are your IPD (one is left eye the other is right; dont know which though).

x6 and y6 in the positive is reduce vision crossing (widen eyes)
   in the negative is cross vision (cross eyes more)  (i.e increase number to un-cross eyes/ decrease to cross eyes) 

y6 and x6 should be similar numbers so that each eye is equal distance from a center view line. I found that the 10x zoom was a total x6+y6=2.4. Therefore i could move the zoom image left or right by changing both y6 and x6 together as long as they equaled 2.4 combined.

I knew if the image (i focused on a distant plane) was crossed by holding zoom, if i saw a double plane then i closed one eye. If your left eye closes and the right plane disappears then your vision is crossed. Left eye closed and left plane disappears then your vision is wide and un-crossed.

y7 moves the image up and down. Increase to move view down (ie, viewed target up)

I still only have a very basic cause and effect understanding of this so please bear with my basic instructions.

I hope this helps some others! :salute:

I didn't have x6 values in my config file (v 7.2), so I only changed the y6 values. My IPD is 61 mm. This works for me.

[Key1]
;set high zoom on
Key = Ctrl no_alt no_shift VK_UP
type = hold
w = 10.0
y6 = 1.31
x7 = -0.15
y7 = 0.0

[Key2]
;set  zoom on
Key = Ctrl no_alt no_shift VK_DOWN
type = hold
w = 1.5
y6 = 0.08
x7 = -0.15
y7 = 0.0

[Key3]
;set med zoom on
Key = Ctrl no_alt no_shift VK_RIGHT
type = hold
; w = 3.0
w = 5.0
; y6 = 0.1
; y6 = 0.3
y6 = 0.6
x7 = -0.15
y7 = 0.0

alt u doesn't work with HDR on? Ok, so that's the reason why it's not working on my side. However it's only applicable to 7.2, as it works fine with 7.1 But it's not a big deal, I modified the global parameter to 0 so it's all good.

I did, however, noticed that 7.2 gives me the lower fps compared to 7.1. I wonder if that's because of the HDR conflict now..

In any case it's probably a good idea to uninstall the mod before updating the game then reinstall it.

8 hours ago, Wraithzlt said:

I have found that the y6 and x6 are your IPD (one is left eye the other is right; dont know which though).

x6 and y6 in the positive is reduce vision crossing (widen eyes)
   in the negative is cross vision (cross eyes more)  (i.e increase number to un-cross eyes/ decrease to cross eyes)

Hello, you're wrong. Have a look on first post, where I explain each variable function (except for y7 because 7.2 is still not "offical")

x6 is used for IPD modifier function (that is it works without zoom by alt +left arrow) and y6 is used only for zoom. Of course you can stack them, but it's easier to modify only y6 for zoom. y6 and x6 are used for each eye, I simply negate them for left eye.

1 hour ago, -[HRAF]Black_Sab said:

3.001 is coming tomorrow. I hope it won't break this mod.

It is likely that it will. I modify too much shader to think that some will not change with new version. Just some time to spent, I just hope that there will not be too much global change.

Edited by lefuneste

11 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Hello, you're wrong. Have a look on first post, where I explain each variable function (except for y7 because 7.2 is still not "offical")

x6 is used for IPD modifier function (that is it works without zoom by alt +left arrow) and y6 is used only for zoom. Of course you can stack them, but it's easier to modify only y6 for zoom. y6 and x6 are used for each eye, I simply negate them for left eye.

Thanks for the reply. :salute:

Which part am i wrong about? 

" but it's easier to modify only y6 for zoom. y6 and x6 are used for each eye, I simply negate them for left eye."

Are you saying here that both x6 and y6 are for the left eye ( x for non-zoom and y for zoom)? 

or that y6 is left eye and x6 is right eye but you only use the y6 for ease of adjustment?

i found when only using the y6 variable  that when i had the zoomed target in focus (which was hard to achieve only using y6) the zoomed view was too far to the left (target to the right) from what was the non-zoomed center.

With the mixed x6 and y6 settings im using, the 10x zoom is near perfect!

I have found that im now mainly using the 5x zoom as it is easier to use and i can boost the zoom while combining it with the games native vr zoom.

Lefuneste.

First of all thanks an enormous lot for the tool, it's godsend, and the latest version is simply perfect in the rift.

Second, I have a weird issue. After some time, my reticle disappear. I don't understand why. I was thinking that maybe there was a keyboard shortcut that I would inadvertendly push and which would make it disappear?

If there is no reasonable explanation, is there a way to deactivate the change of reticle that 3DMigoto is doing, and revert back to vanilla reticles?

Edited by kalbuth

6 hours ago, kalbuth said:

Lefuneste.

First of all thanks an enormous lot for the tool, it's godsend, and the latest version is simply perfect in the rift.

Second, I have a weird issue. After some time, my reticle disappear. I don't understand why. I was thinking that maybe there was a keyboard shortcut that I would inadvertendly push and which would make it disappear?

If there is no reasonable explanation, is there a way to deactivate the change of reticle that 3DMigoto is doing, and revert back to vanilla reticles?

there's a binding in d3dx.ini file inside \game folder:

[Key4]
; toggle sight reduction
; 0 : original sight
; 1 : reduced sight
; 3 : no sight
Key = no_modifiers k
type = cycle
y =  3.0, 0.0, 1.0

may be replace k with another key or delete altogether?

I missed this entry in the config file, thanks a lot :)

I was probably hitting K while chatting, making the reticle disappear

Edited by kalbuth

Yes. Most important for me is zoom so I checked that. It's working to some extent. Brings planes close but does not do any zoom on the environment. So it still helps ID'ing but very much distracting.

• Upvote 1

I played without the mod, deleted it manually, reinstalled SteamVR (completely deleting its folder), and verified the game cache. However, the game is bugged. 

I get strong cloud artifacts (shimmering).

Lights of other aircraft are not where they should be, they move away from the wingtips and hover 20m next to the aircraft. 

Hud resize has no effect. 

Sometimes other aircrafts stop rendering for 2-5 seconds at the range of 1-2km. 

This is all in quick mission. 

I deinstalled the game and deleted all of its remains now completely, and am re-download it. Will take a while. 

The gunsight and color correction are working well for me. The only thing that is not working is the zoom. It will zoom in the aircraft but the surrounding scenery stays the same. I am using a VIve and version 7.1

Same here, unfortunately 5x zoom is messed up now. I only use the 5x zoom and haven't tried the others.

Only a full fresh reinstall of the game fixed the issues. Stutter gone, and especially the clouds are nice and smooth again. 

Make sure to keep your input folder, and manually delete all remains of the game after deinstalling. 

Again, verifying game cache in steam is not enough. 

S! 

Is the 

3 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Only a full fresh reinstall of the game fixed the issues. Stutter gone, and especially the clouds are nice and smooth again. 

Make sure to keep your input folder, and manually delete all remains of the game after deinstalling. 

Again, verifying game cache in steam is not enough. 

S! 

Is the mod zoom working too? It appears you can still zoom on objects but the scenery (sky, clouds) are all wonky and not zoomed. 

Edited by 1_Robert_

As I wrote before, I had to update the mod. Be patient...I had updated IL2, but I did not even find the time to launch it ! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 1_Robert_ said:

Is the 

Is the mod zoom working too? It appears you can still zoom on objects but the scenery (sky, clouds) are all wonky and not zoomed. 

Wow, have you even read what we wrote?

8 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Wow, have you even read what we wrote?

LOL, no I didn't read everything and I missed a lot of the thread and I apologize for that. I figured the mod was messed up due to the new update and I scrolled back through this thread to where I thought was the 3.001 release date and I didn't see anything. I'll now go back through the thread and try and figure out what I need to do. 

*edit*

Ok, I've read the entire thread now which I should have done the first time :)

I'm still unclear on what I should do next and I apologize that I'm misunderstanding. To be clear, is the current mod version 7.1? If so, is 7.1 and 3.001 compatible and bug free or is it still being worked on? 

All I know is I installed the mod a few weeks ago and it worked great except for the black bars (which I grew to live with and hardly noticed after a while). I then took a week away from il2 until the 3.001 patch was launched. Upon trying 3.001 I then noticed the zoom was broken. Where I'm confused is it appears that there was a newer mod version released just before 3.001 (which I was unaware of). So I'm still unclear on whether or not it's 7.1 that broke the zoom or the new game update?

Fenris, are you saying that you did a complete fresh install of 3.001 il2 and then installed 7.1 and now it works great? I'd hate to have to reinstall everything but if that's the only way to make it work then I'll do it of course. I'm sorry that I've been unable to follow, but this time you can't blame me for not reading the entire thread :)

I guess it's just lack of intelligence on my part :wacko:

Edited by 1_Robert_

To me it feels like the zoom works however the IPD when zoomed is very messed up after 3.001 ?

You guys need to wait for lefuneste to update the mod to 3.x first. It's not compatible at the moment.

He is doing that in his free time voluntarily, so waiting is in order until he confirms and releases a new update:salute:

Just wait for the new version, I'm on it.

3dmigoto modify shader, if a shader has change it is no more modified, so part of the mod is not working anymore. With the 3.001 some shader have change, so any of the previous version will only partially not work.

I have to find which shaders have change and modify them to introduce again in them the mod features. Work is in progress.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lefuneste said:

3dmigoto modify shader, if a shader has change it is no more modified, so part of the mod is not working anymore. With the 3.001 some shader have change, so any of the previous version will only partially not work.

I have to find which shaders have change and modify them to introduce again in them the mod features. Work is in progress.

anything we can do to help?

4 hours ago, lefuneste said:

Absolutely,

Very grateful for the time you spend on this.

yup, lefuneste, looking forward to your new and improved mod, man! :)

Even in its current 'broken' stage it's still x10 better than a vanilla IL-2. I can still have my prop disabled, get a properly sized gun-sight, and still manage to ID the targets via target zoom even without the scenery/background zoom! Goes to show the effects of modularity in your approach!

Yes thank you for your work lefuneste your mod makes vr able to be very competitive. i really realized how much i relied on it when 3.0 was released. Looking forward to fix thank you again.