Jump to content
lefuneste

3DMigoto mod for VR

Recommended Posts

Hi Lefuneste. I just tried this mode with my HP Windows Mixed Reality headset and it fixes the IPD issue. Is there any way to zoom the game in (I guess) . I'm currently sitting in a tiny plane.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Lefuneste. I just tried this mode with my HP Windows Mixed Reality headset and it fixes the IPD issue. Is there any way to zoom the game in (I guess) . I'm currently sitting in a tiny plane.

 

Thanks

 

I'm confused - from reading the other posts from WMR headset users I thought the scaling issue (plane seeming too small) was the IPD issue, so if the mod fixed the IPD issue why is the plane still too small?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Lefuneste. I just tried this mode with my HP Windows Mixed Reality headset and it fixes the IPD issue. Is there any way to zoom the game in (I guess) . I'm currently sitting in a tiny plane.

 

Thanks

 

Hello, You can try to increase IPD here in d3dx.ini by increasing the 0.02 value here

[Key8]
;Global Shift toogle
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_LEFT
type = cycle
type = hold
; modify here the first value for global shift
x6 = 0.02, 0.0

or you can increase default zoom by modifying the values here

;default zoom factor (not to be modified) 
w = 1.0

By the way I am working on a new way to handle IPD for zoom in order to avoid black bars. It's tricky because offset has to be computed by reversing view matrices..

I made it works for a shader, now I'll have to check if it will works also for all the shaders of the game. Not sure yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried your mod and got terrible FPS and stutters.

Uninstalled it and still bad performance.

 

I copy the game folder from another hard drive and replaced it and that fixed it.

Seems to be the uninstaller is not cleaning everything.

 

I think is a great mod though , but for some reason my PC didnt liked it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on what settings you use. I feel VR SS suffers more, than keeping the SS to 0.

 

That the mod cannot be uninstalled by the Uninstaller is true, I also had to fix the game once back with the older version. Just take a look what is in the zip file, and delete these in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on what settings you use. I feel VR SS suffers more, than keeping the SS to 0.

 

That the mod cannot be uninstalled by the Uninstaller is true, I also had to fix the game once back with the older version. Just take a look what is in the zip file, and delete these in there.

 

Is there some reason you wouldn't be using JSGME to install this mod like you would any other mod, or that JSGME wouldn't work to remove it completely?  (Haven't messed with it yet, so just wondering).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit offtopic, but nonetheless interesting:

 

 

I flew with new settings today, after finding something out about an ingame setting. It fixes all the issues with the fuzzy fizzy ground you get if you don't use VR's SuperSampling.

 

Used the settings today, and will keep them. Static ground, and if there is something flickering, it's a contact.

 

Ultra Preset, Sharpen on, Landscape Filter Blurry, 4x AA, 0x VR SS, Dynamic Res 1.0, 4x Landscape Range. 

 

This gives better FPS, removes the flickering ground issue we had before without SS, and also means that no SS will mess with the scaling of objects - no more hunting single pixels to spot other players.

 

 

With it, I use lefuneste's mod of course, with "VRzoom + 1.5x Zoom", and "VRzoom + 3.0x Zoom". 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then, in lefuneste's migoto mod, I adjusted the gunsights in d3dx.ini file to my preference

 

; sight settings 
;----------------
;default sight mode 
y = 1
;Ru sight scale (must be integer)
x1 = 1
; Ru reinforcement threshold (lesser = sight thicker, 1 = no reinforcement)
y1 = 0.05
;Ge sight scale (must be integer)
x2 = 1
;Ge reinforcement threshold (lesser = sight thicker, 1 = no reinforcement)
y2 = 0.05
;US sight scale (must be integer)
x3 = 1
;US reinforcement threshold (lesser = sight thicker, 1 = no reinforcement)
y3 = 0.05
;It sight scale (must be integer)
x4 = 1
;It reinforcement threshold (lesser = sight thicker, 1 = no reinforcement)
y4 = 0.05
;Spit sight scale (must be integer and should be keep to 1)
x5 = 1
;Spit reinforcement threshold (lesser = sight thicker, 1 = no reinforcement)
y5 = 0.05
 
 
That way sights keep the same size, and I can still measure distance to target with them. Then I edited this section as well:
 
[Key4]
; toggle sight reduction
; 0 : original sight
; 1 : reduced sight
; 3 : no sight
Key = no_modifiers k
type = cycle
y =  0.0, 1.0
 
 
Now I can switch between stronger, illuminated sight for the day - and the standard weakly sight for the night missions.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This 3DMigoto mod is amazing! Thank you very much, lefuneste. Now I can identify bogey much better. This mod is definitely a must for VR player.

And thank you, SCG_Fenris_Wolf. Your setting is exactly what I need for the night missions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit offtopic, but nonetheless interesting:

 

 

I flew with new settings today, after finding something out about an ingame setting. It fixes all the issues with the fuzzy fizzy ground you get if you don't use VR's SuperSampling.

 

Used the settings today, and will keep them. Static ground, and if there is something flickering, it's a contact.

 

Ultra Preset, Sharpen on, Landscape Filter Blurry, 4x AA, 0x VR SS, Dynamic Res 1.0, 4x Landscape Range. 

 

This gives better FPS, removes the flickering ground issue we had before without SS, and also means that no SS will mess with the scaling of objects - no more hunting single pixels to spot other players.

 

 

With it, I use lefuneste's mod of course, with "VRzoom + 1.5x Zoom", and "VRzoom + 3.0x Zoom". 

 

Do you find it better to spot low moving planes with ground as background with these settings than with no AA ?

 

I am not able to test myself for a few weeks but I'm curious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Lefuneste!

Thank you for your mod, it is really a game changer.

I recommended this mod for my friend who has DK2, and for some reason he has double picture in vr. Do you have dk2 settings for this mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Here is the first delivery for testing. of the new version of the mod: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ca4y4712dd44e8u/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_7.1.zip

It supress the infamous "black bar" when zooming. It takes me a lot of time to do that, because it has much more side effect than the previous method.

Some things are still not fixed : cloud are flickering on left eye when zooming, there are some articfact when using cockpit or landing light at night, you can try to press "F1"  to supress them (but it will introduce other articfact on day, this is why I did not set that by default. Grass is also a bit weird when using "IPD like" feature. But these are complex shaders, I do not know if I can fix the remaining problems.

The d3dx.ini should work with Rift as it is, giving you X1.5, x5 and x10 zoom. Of course you can change all settings to fit your taste or needs.

As the new way of handling zoom is more intrusive, it is likely that there will be problem that I did not see, I did not spent too much time in flying...

So can you please try it and if you find a problem not listed above post a track showing the problem ?


Does this mod still work as of now? Also, the install instructions are not clear to me. What files need to go where? 

 

Use OvGME, you just will have to define where your BoS install is, unzip the mod in the directory set  up for IL2BoS packages and then install it with OvGME. It will also ease the uninstall.


Hi Lefuneste!

Thank you for your mod, it is really a game changer.

I recommended this mod for my friend who has DK2, and for some reason he has double picture in vr. Do you have dk2 settings for this mod?

No you'll have to define the parameters yourself. Try to play with y6 variables in [Key] sections for zoom i, d3dx.ini.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2018 at 10:10 AM, lefuneste said:

Hello,

Here is the first delivery for testing. of the new version of the mod: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ca4y4712dd44e8u/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_7.1.zip

It supress the infamous "black bar" when zooming. It takes me a lot of time to do that, because it has much more side effect than the previous method.

 

 

Lefuneste, sir, I just wanted to express my biggest thank you for the latest patch of your mod! It is by far the best change in the mod. The Zoom looks impeccable, the 'rounded' spyglass or binoculars like makes it a lot easier to find targets while zoomed in. You have done an outstanding job!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I uploaded a new 7.1 file where the grass does no more look weird when using IPD like feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  just tried 7.1 and it was great, the binocular view is really outstanding.  Even the 10x zoom is now useable.   One quick question, on the 10x is there a way to adjust the zoom aimpoint higher to match the normal view aimpoint.  For example if I'm looking at a tank, and then zoom 10x, then I'm looking below/down (-y direction) relative to where the tank was.   I don't have that issue with the 3x zoom.   Thanks again for this mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 71st_AH_statuskuo said:

I  just tried 7.1 and it was great, the binocular view is really outstanding.  Even the 10x zoom is now useable.   One quick question, on the 10x is there a way to adjust the zoom aimpoint higher to match the normal view aimpoint.  For example if I'm looking at a tank, and then zoom 10x, then I'm looking below/down (-y direction) relative to where the tank was.   I don't have that issue with the 3x zoom.   Thanks again for this mod.

 

It should be possible, I will have a look.

 

20 hours ago, Skv_Gunner said:

Very sorry, that this mod doesn't solve the WMR IPD problem(

 

Did you try to increase x6 value as written here :

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course. The thing is, that u have a giant head due to startup.cfg or_ipd = 0,13(13cm between eyes) instead of 0.068(6,8 cm). And u can't change it, because it is locked in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Skv_Gunner said:

Of course. The thing is, that u have a giant head due to startup.cfg or_ipd = 0,13(13cm between eyes) instead of 0.068(6,8 cm). And u can't change it, because it is locked in game.

 

Yep, reported to devs with description of issue along with images.  This seems only to affect WMR and PSVR devices.  Unfortunately this is way down the devs priority list and has been unresolved for months.

 

It is not a steam VR or hardware issue, it is a game/dev problem or it would not be exclusive to BoX.

Edited by ICDP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am from RU sector, I also try to connect with devs with this problem. Unfortunately, they failed with Kuban terms, all other VR except HTC and Oculus is also fail. And they just don't answer properly :( I am sure that this problem is solved easily unblocking this IPD in game, that's all.

 

Don't know what to do. Wait or sell it.

Edited by Skv_Gunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you guys should start a petition, with a link to your summary of the issue.

I would certainly sign it, and distribute the link around as much as possible as well (even if I have no wmr).  

 

 

Going to test the new migoto today btw. Sounds very interesting! 

 

P. S. The vertical zoom issue is an issue, the center point is below what it's supposed to be. There is an offset angle to the center of the vision. 

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me how to map the zoom new function to a HOTAS key. I tried mapping it to a voice attack command but it didnt seem to work. I dont have to use the keyboard (lalt up/down etc) all the time do I? 

 

Never mind bought joy to key, but now I have a new problem whenever I press shift and K (use the mod basically) the game crashes! Looks like I was too hasty buying J2K!

Edited by Wolf8312

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 минуты назад, Wolf8312 сказал:

Can anyone tell me how to map the zoom new function to a HOTAS key. I tried mapping it to a voice attack command but it didnt seem to work. I dont have to use the keyboard (lalt up/down etc) all the time do I? 

UCR - universal control remapper try to use this method. Works for me pretty good.

Edited by Balapan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks but I just bought joy to key so I gotta get this working now! I got it working for singular keys but doesn't seem to work if I use combos (Ctrl+ up), but I'm not sure if this is not a problem with the mod as voice attack didn't work either. Also seeing those two black bars when zooming in far!

 

EDIT: after all that and 7 quid lighter VA is working now and is probably conflicting with J2k so that's why it's not working! Well this J2K seems like it will be useful!

Edited by Wolf8312

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

P. S. The vertical zoom issue is an issue, the center point is below what it's supposed to be. There is an offset angle to the center of the vision. 

 

You can use y7 to shift your view vertically in this version : http://www.mediafire.com/file/qrlutqg74lcj3mx/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_7.2.zip

As I do not have this problem with the Pimax 4K, you'll have to find the good offsets for the Rift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lefuneste does this work with JSGME? I'm having trouble getting it to work. I put JSGME in my BOS installation folder. Downloaded the mod into the MODS folder, activated it and yet it doesent seem to work in game. Don't happen to know what I'm doing wrong do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Wolf8312 said:

lefuneste does this work with JSGME? I'm having trouble getting it to work. I put JSGME in my BOS installation folder. Downloaded the mod into the MODS folder, activated it and yet it doesent seem to work in game. Don't happen to know what I'm doing wrong do you?

 

Nothing, that should work...

You may search  where the files are dropped by JSGME

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lefuneste said:

 

You can use y7 to shift your view vertically in this version : http://www.mediafire.com/file/qrlutqg74lcj3mx/3Dmigoto_VRBOS_7.2.zip

As I do not have this problem with the Pimax 4K, you'll have to find the good offsets for the Rift.

Thanks for the quick turnaround, however not sure if it fixed it.  I changed y7=0.5 in the global settings (under the new comment of"Yshift for zoom")  but got warping across my entire image.   
I then set  y7 under the 10x zoom to 0.5, but got the previous result of shifting the entire view in both the y and x axis, which seemed to be the same as the previous y7 modifier for "xy offset for mask  positive= shift left & up (pb with Rift)"

Not a big deal if this can't be corrected as I've already learned to tilt my head up slightly at 10x zoom to acquire the target (3x zoom seems fine, I don't use 5x).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

51 minutes ago, 71st_AH_statuskuo said:

Thanks for the quick turnaround, however not sure if it fixed it.  I changed y7=0.5 in the global settings (under the new comment of"Yshift for zoom")  but got warping across my entire image.   
I then set  y7 under the 10x zoom to 0.5, but got the previous result of shifting the entire view in both the y and x axis, which seemed to be the same as the previous y7 modifier for "xy offset for mask  positive= shift left & up (pb with Rift)"

Not a big deal if this can't be corrected as I've already learned to tilt my head up slightly at 10x zoom to acquire the target (3x zoom seems fine, I don't use 5x).

You should only modify the y7 value in [key] sections for zoom. As  I understood, the view is too low with the zoom, so for each zoom factor you should find a y7 value in order to shift it up to have your target at the center. That is use a negative value for y7.

Normally y7 value should only shift the view up or down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lefuneste said:

 

You should only modify the y7 value in [key] sections for zoom. As  I understood, the view is too low with the zoom, so for each zoom factor you should find a y7 value in order to shift it up to have your target at the center. That is use a negative value for y7.

Normally y7 value should only shift the view up or down.

Ok, thanks, I'll try that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried version 7.2 and it gives a double image when enables.  I am using a Samsung Odyssey WMR.  Version 6.0 tested perfectly fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ICDP said:

I tried version 7.2 and it gives a double image when enables.  I am using a Samsung Odyssey WMR.  Version 6.0 tested perfectly fine.

 

Strange...you have a double image when zooming or just at he start of the game ?

Did you try to modify y7 variable ? If it is when zooming you should try to modify it in the key section for zoom, otherwise at the fisrt occurence in d3dx.ini.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's at the start when the mission loads and you are sitting in the cockpit and nothing to do with zoom.  Non zoomed default view gives double vision and is easier to spot with icons on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ICDP said:

It's at the start when the mission loads and you are sitting in the cockpit and nothing to do with zoom.  Non zoomed default view gives double vision and is easier to spot with icons on.

 

so try to modify the first occurence of x6 (not y7, I messed up the variable name in previous post). I do not know if you'll have to set a positive or negative value...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice the clipping of the pilot through the canopy/fuselage.

 

I am getting double images of parked aircraft for example, but trees and buildings look fine.

Clipping.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ICDP said:

Notice the clipping of the pilot through the canopy/fuselage.

 

I am getting double images of parked aircraft for example, but trees and buildings look fine.

 

I do not have this problem. Can you desinstall the mod (that is at least supress shaderfix directory and d3dx.ini in bin/game dir, install the mod again and test  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...