lefuneste

3DMigoto mod for VR

i am in the lucky position to have sat in a the cockpits of real FW190, Bf109, P-51 and Yak-3.

Just by he way : did you fly her or just sat in the cockpit ?

Hi,

I made a short clip if that's okay.

Thanks !

I have a closer look yesterday, and even I did'nt notice it before, I also have black shores with quick missions. So do not waste time by making a track, I though previoulsy that I would have hard time to reproduce the problem...

The problem is now fixed on my current version, I'm waiting for Rift users settings feedback for zoom in order to publish it (next week end I think).

Edited by lefuneste

Version 5.4 uploaded, see first post.

What's new:

• Zoom is no more pixelized, and has been validated for Rift: x1.5, x2 and x5 factor are available. Unfortunately x5 wil introduce black bars, there is nothing simple than I can do.
  • The "IPD like" function is working for Rift you may try it (LALT + left arrow). Some users have tested it and have the same feeling than me: cockpit depth feel weird without it.
  • The black shores on Kuban Maps are fixed
  • No more need of the steamVR part (it works without it on my config, last steamVR Beta)

The settings are provided for Rift by default. If you are using a Vive, you may try to rename "d3dx.ini.HDK2" to "d3dx.ini" (and so overwrite the provided one which contains settings for Rift).

I tried the last 5.4 mod in offline single player, so far I like to use x2 zoom combined with the game zoom (I guess x4 combined?) because there are no black bands in the middle off the headset this way. I mapped them to the same button on my joystick. Now the only thing I am not sure about, if the mod will be considered as cheating in online servers like WoL. I just do not want to be kicked off the server permanently for using this mod. Did you guys try to play online on expert settings servers?

Edited by Balapan

Thanks for the update.

I made some tests on my Rift for the masked zoom feature. The best setup to get a single circle, given x = 0.08 and w=2, is x7 = -0.12.

However, the result is not perfect because the image is nicely centered for the right eye but shifted on the right for the left eye, and therefore is slightly croped by a black bar (on the right side) and by the limits of the Rift visibility (on the bottom right corner).

EDIT: photo taken with a mobile, because I could not press a key and take a screenshot at the same time...

post-45286-0-79225000-1515260372_thumb.jpg

Edited by haltux

Just took this latest version for a test drive. Everything seems to be working as promised and I did not see the same FPS loss that I saw in the earlier versions. I did encounter one issue where the U key to mask the waypoint stopped working in one mission. I restarted the game and its been working ever since. Not sure how that happened but I will keep my eyes open to see if I can recreate. Excellent job lefuneste!

Madmatt

Thanks for the update.

I made some tests on my Rift for the masked zoom feature. The best setup to get a single circle, given x = 0.08 and w=2, is x7 = -0.12.

However, the result is not perfect because the image is nicely centered for the right eye but shifted on the right for the left eye, and therefore is slightly croped by a black bar (on the right side) and by the limits of the Rift visibility (on the bottom right corner).

EDIT: photo taken with a mobile, because I could not press a key and take a screenshot at the same time...

attachicon.gifP_20180106_183511.jpg

I will have a look, because as shift for view and shift for mask are symetrical, you should have the same problem for both eyes...

Edited by lefuneste

I will have a look, because as shift for view and shift for mask are symetrical, you should have the same problem for both eyes...

FYI, I did not change y6:

w = 2.0
y6 = 0.15
x7 = -0.12

I make a test with your settings (excepted radius), and things are the same for each eye (I made the mask a bit transparent to help to see).

So, I do not understand what's going on with the #~&! of Rift...

Did you use the option "Sharpen" ? It looks like I forgot to update the sharpen shader as the non sharpen shader...

post-15314-0-87540700-1515323831_thumb.jpg

Edited by lefuneste

Did you use the option "Sharpen" ? It looks like I forgot to update the sharpen shader as the non sharpen shader...

No I didn't.

No I didn't.

Well, when seeing again at your screenshot, it looks like there is also a problem with height positionning...like if the screen dimension were wrong...

• Upvote 1

When I use this with my Windows Mixed Reality HMD Left ALT + Left Arrow fixes the IPD issue.  Anyone with a problem with WMR devices should give this a go.

Thanks lefuneste, great work with this tool.

Edited by ICDP

lefuneste, how is the update from the 3dmigoto part coming along? I have seen you wrote it would reduce the performance hit considerably 

For some reason sometimes mod just stops working in the middle of the session. Most of the times restarting game helps, but sometimes have to reboot the system. Anybody had same problem?

New Version 6.0 including last 3Dmigoto  1.2.69 dll that should reduce fps loss. It looks like I win about 10% on my few tests.Thanks for your feedback.

To haltux : I add "y7" value in order to shift up and left mask (same shift for both eye). Maybe it could help you to have a right mask for the Rift...

Is there any way to get the 5x zoom nice and pretty for just 1 eye (either eye would be fine hell a bar on one side of either eye would be ok too) so I can shut one eye and use it?

This is a epic mod. This makes 5X zoom in VR competitive in MP. If I could just get it centered for 1 eye.

Pretty please? =)

To haltux : I add "y7" value in order to shift up and left mask (same shift for both eye). Maybe it could help you to have a right mask for the Rift...

I am confused because now it works fine with y7=0. Maybe you made another change that fixed it? Anyway it works now so thanks a lot.

I still have to fine proper values for y6 and x7 when zoom = 5x. I make some tests and I give you the optimal parameters for all zoom level ASAP.

I see a lot of talk of tweaking the values for y6, x7 and w but I am not sure that for everyone reading this thread know's which file those are found. Those settings are all located in the d3dx.ini file, which after this mod is installed properly will be located in the bin\game\ folder.

Madmatt

All I'm after is the x5 zoom tweak (if possible).

This has me jazzed to go back to MP in VR. :)

Same mp boat, excited about more zoom capability. 

I have played a little bit with various zoom parameters.

It is currently not possible on Rift to get zoom x5 with mask on. Either you get double vision or you get the black bars.

But you can get zoom 3x. I think it is the best you can get currently.

Here are my parameters for zoom 2x and zoom 3x:

[Key1]
;set high zoom on
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_UP
type = hold
; zoom 3x
w = 3
y6 = 0.3
x7 = -0.23
y7 = 0.00

[Key2]
;set med zoom on
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_RIGHT
type = hold
; zoom 2x
w = 2.0
y6 = 0.15
x7 = -0.15
y7 = 0.00

Zoom 3x is already very nice. I guess it is more than enough to be at least as efficient as non-VR players for plane identification.
Edited by haltux

For some reason sometimes mod just stops working in the middle of the session. Most of the times restarting game helps, but sometimes have to reboot the system. Anybody had same problem?

Do you guys know what services I should restart, so that I don't have to restart windows? Sometimes mod does not start with the game even on a fresh system start. I guess I have software incompatibility issue, but I don't know which sw. I have tried to restart Oculus home, steam vr with no luck. After restarting windows mod starts with the game normally.

Do you guys know what services I should restart, so that I don't have to restart windows? Sometimes mod does not start with the game even on a fresh system start. I guess I have software incompatibility issue, but I don't know which sw. I have tried to restart Oculus home, steam vr with no luck. After restarting windows mod starts with the game normally.

Have you tried just restarting the Oculus Service?

Would 4x zoom work?

No, unless you make the zoom radius even smaller, which I don't think is really tractable.

Of course if you really want zoom 5x you can completely remove the mask. It will work fine. I really like the mask because it feels more realistic (on board binoculars?), and it makes also the zoom less nausea inducing, but you can play without it.

Also, color mask, does this enhance colors at all, seems its just up'ing and lowering gama?

Anyone have any settings for color mask that aren't default that look good?

3x zoom seems good for MP, and also you can couple it with stock VR zoom from in game and get stock 2x plus a good 3x from the mod for a not to damn shabby 5x. Seems they stack.

Also, color mask, does this enhance colors at all, seems its just up'ing and lowering gama?

Anyone have any settings for color mask that aren't default that look good?

3x zoom seems good for MP, and also you can couple it with stock VR zoom from in game and get stock 2x plus a good 3x from the mod for a not to damn shabby 5x. Seems they stack.

I was not talking about the color mask, but the black mask that limits the field of view gives you the feeling of looking through binoculars.

What value removes that mask?

;----------------
; zoom settings 
;----------------
;zoom square radius
x = 100
; x = 0.08

It's the default value in the last version.

The new version with the zoom and less performance hit is fantastic. There cannot be enough praise for lefuneste! 

One question left: I would like to increase the color contrast on the OR cv1. There are 2 values to edit in the .ini file:

;----------------
; Color Fix
;----------------
; default value to add and mul to each color component 
; z6 = 0.1
; w6 = 0.9
z6 = 0.0
w6 = 1.0

and 

[Key9]
;Color Fix
Key = alt no_shift no_ctrl u
type = cycle
; modify here the first value you want to use for color increase
z6 = 0.5, 0.1
w6 = 1.0, 0.9

The [Key9] part does not work for me, I put w6 = 1.5, saved, and ingame I pressed alt+u. I saw no difference ingame.

I also put Color Fix default value w6 = 1.3, but saw no difference ingame.

What values do you guys use, what do I need to change to have a constant increase in color vibrance/contrast?

Also, when using zoom 5x, I have black bars in the center of the vision, especially the right eye. Can I remove them?

Will give this mod a go tonight but wondering: Does it work in conjunction with the in-game zoom or does it replace that? And can I have it on a joystick button?

Edit: I should start reading the threads I post in.

and also you can couple it with stock VR zoom from in game and get stock 2x plus a good 3x from the mod for a not to damn shabby 5x. Seems they stack.

Edited by a_radek

Profile it for stick usage.

It stacks with stock zoom. 3x mod zoom plus 2x game zoom, a nice 5x total zoom.

I'm now capable in VR. Bring it you owl view users! :)

OOh, no more "I'l just fly a bit closer to those 4 dots, they look friendly enough".

Looking forward to testing,

The [Key9] part does not work for me, I put w6 = 1.5, saved, and ingame I pressed alt+u. I saw no difference ingame.

Strange, it should work. Did you use left Alt ? And it works only in cockpit view...Did you use "sharpen" option ?

Also, when using zoom 5x, I have black bars in the center of the vision, especially the right eye. Can I remove them?

Unfortunately there is no way to remove them and have good convergence for Rift.