lefuneste

3DMigoto mod for VR

18 часов назад, lefuneste сказал:

So do I, there are glitch with 3dmigoto  and bloom effect is ugly.

what is the bloom effect glitch? I have somwhat double vision on the horizon line when turn Alt+left arrow ipd like correction mode. Is this it or something else?

edit: not Alt+u, Alt+left arrow

Edited by Balapan
mistypo

23 hours ago, Balapan said:

what is the bloom effect glitch? I have somwhat double vision on the horizon line when turn Alt+left arrow ipd like correction mode. Is this it or something else?

edit: not Alt+u, Alt+left arrow

I do not think so, if you want to see the bloom  glitch go in a 109, look  at stick base and engage IPD modifier (Alt + left Arrow). You'll see something wrong around the stick base that I did not manage to fix.

And yes I also notice some weird effect on horizon, but not on all mission. I also find that on external view there is a problem with smoke on radiator leek and airframe. I need a track to reproduce it and try to fix it, but I do not have too much time now. 

Edited by lefuneste

So, 

x6 defines horizontal convergence of eyes? Increase, if vector of eyes is too parallel, decrease if eyes go cross-eyed.

y6 defines the vertical angle of the zoom? Increase, if target appears below center when zoomed, decrease if target is out focus above.

y7 = …. what does this do? Does anyone know? lefuneste?

Once this is answered, I can complete the settings for Samsung Odyssey in 3.003 and post them here :)

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

3 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

So, 

w6 defines horizontal convergence of eyes. Increase, if vector of eyes is too parallel, decrease if eyes go cross-eyed.

y6 defines the vertical angle of the zoom. Increase, if target appears below center when zoomed, decrease if target is out focus above.

y7 = …. what does this do? Does anyone know? lefuneste?

Once this is answered, I can complete the settings for Samsung Odyssey in 3.003 and post them here :)

y6 and x6 =defines horizontal convergence of eyes. 

y7 = defines the vertical angle of the zoom.

i found only using y6 moved the zoomed view to the side off center , however no-one else has complained of this. I modified both x6 and y6 for my IPD fix.

I explained my thoughts (but was told i was wrong, though not which part of my post was wrong. lol.) in a much earlier post in this forum.

Edited by Wraithzlt
meant x6 not w6

y7 is the verticle.

y6 is horizontal convergence as well as x6. (y6 for zoomed convergence and x6 for general ipd horizontal convergence)

It is stated in the first post.

• Thanks 1

Wraithzlt is right Fenris

w = amount of zoom

w6 = (I don't use this, as Wraithzlt stated this must be) horizontal convergence

y6 = horizontal convergence

y7 = vertical angle

x7 = As far as I remember this moves the two viewing circles in the black masking (lacking better terms to describe)

• Thanks 1

Thank you !

P.S. w6 is the variable for contrast / color fix, I wrote this falsely first that's why Wraithzlt mixed it up

I was asking because I didn't understand this: "You can modify specific shift for each Zoom  by modifying lines "y6  .." (horizontal)... 

I knew that it affected a horizontal setting, but now since I know that shift refers to horizontal convergence, it's much clearer. 

Maybe you can update the post to Black_Sab's wording. Merci! :)

Settings for the Odyssey:

;----------------
; zoom settings
;----------------
; zoom square radius
x = 100

; Color Fix
;----------------
; default value to add and mul to each color component
z6 = 0.0
w6 = 1.15

[Key1]
;set high zoom on
Key = no_ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_DOWN
type = hold
; modify here the first value you want to use for zoom increase
w = 10.0

y6 = 0.75
x7 = 0.0
y7 = 0.25

[Key3]
;set med zoom on
Key = no_ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_UP
type = hold
w = 5.0

y6 = 0.35
x7 = 0.0
y7 = 0.11

• Thanks 1

I will include the Odyssey settings in next release (there are some small bug to fix, but I do not know when I will find time to work on them). Is x=100 because you do not like the "google effect" and disable it or is it needed for the Odyssey ?

I kept it this way because I was using the Rift before. I went without it in order to keep the normal FOV while zooming, which would mean I get more information out of the picture. I like the goggle effect, but played on MP, so any pretty /immersive disadvantage there remains a disadvantage :)

Btw, in the Odyssey, when zooming, it shows a double horizon, that casts through the clouds. I don't remember whether this was the case in the Rift as well though.

Using the Rift, I found out while using the MOD Zoom x5 or x10 in rainy Scenarios, the Raindrops produce black/dark spots while zooming, therefore it is useless in rainy scenes. Factory zoom works well though.

Useless may be the wrong word...replace it with..."a weird/fancy look" ? 🙂

it is not gamebreaking, just wanted to report that finding.

Thanks for this great Mod that really became vital vor VR Experience, enjoying it every day!

I have looked at this topic for a solution, but most of what I read is double-dutch (no offence intended to the wonderful people of double-Nederland):

I have got X5 zoom bound to my joystick, but X5 is a wee bit disorientating, what settings do I need to change to get X3, and/or X4 zoom, including fov convergance?

On 5/31/2018 at 1:33 PM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Settings for the Odyssey:

;----------------
; zoom settings
;----------------
; zoom square radius
x = 100

; Color Fix
;----------------
; default value to add and mul to each color component
z6 = 0.0
w6 = 1.15

[Key1]
;set high zoom on
Key = no_ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_DOWN
type = hold
w = 10.0

y6 = 0.75
x7 = 0.0
y7 = 0.25

[Key3]
;set med zoom on
Key = no_ALT no_shift no_ctrl VK_UP
type = hold
w = 5.0

y6 = 0.35
x7 = 0.0
y7 = 0.11

Thanks a lot for that. Got my Odyssey on Saturday. The settings are very welcome :-).

• Upvote 1

Well, om not really good to that programming - but I try ...... But when but 'mod' on in game , There  are  No games for me in multiplayer ?

12 minutes ago, Sire said:

Well, om not really good to that programming - but I try ...... But when but 'mod' on in game , There  are  No games for me in multiplayer ?

You don't need to run 'mods on' mode to use the 3DMigoto mod.

• Thanks 1

I can't understand how you bind one of the zoom levels to your joystick? I am unsure of what I'd need to type in there? Like BTN 4? Or something I have no clue. I was never very good at editing files like this by trying to understand the notes. I keep hearing people say the extended zoom is vital for MP so I'd definitely like to try it out.

1 hour ago, grimm862 said:

I can't understand how you bind one of the zoom levels to your joystick? I am unsure of what I'd need to type in there? Like BTN 4? Or something I have no clue. I was never very good at editing files like this by trying to understand the notes. I keep hearing people say the extended zoom is vital for MP so I'd definitely like to try it out.

Grimm, gimme a minute I'll take some pictures.

PS: Anyone experiencing crashes when running this? They seem to happen randomly and can occur after 3-4 hours with the game open so it's nigh on impossible to test.

3 hours ago, grimm862 said:

It's not possible to add direct joystick inputs in the d3d9.ini file. You need to use a 3rd party program that can translate controller inputs to keyboard presses. I use joytokey, but thrustmaster's TARGET, or Saitek's profiler software can also do this.

So all you need is to tell the program to output the following keypresses when you hit your desired controller buttons

"Lalt+DownArrow", "Lalt+RightArrow","Lalt+UpArrow")

Hello guys!

Unfortunately, have a big fps loss with this mod and coudn't make zoom properly, left and right eye got mixed. After uninstalling the mod the fps loss was practically the same, so I needed to reinstall the whole game. Hope it would help and I gain fps back. I have Lenovo.

17 hours ago, Skv_Gunner_VR said:

Hello guys!

Unfortunately, have a big fps loss with this mod and coudn't make zoom properly, left and right eye got mixed. After uninstalling the mod the fps loss was practically the same, so I needed to reinstall the whole game. Hope it would help and I gain fps back. I have Lenovo.

Make sure you install the mod with the JSGME mod installer this way you never ruin your default files if you need to remove the mod. If you need some personalized help I'd be happy to give you a hand.

Hello my good gentlemen!

can anyone please give me the setting i need for the zoom to work without getting cross-eyed? im using OCULUS RIFT

and thanks for this great mod! i've been using it to remove the prop for a while and wish to be able to get the zoom working as well! 

:salute:

16 hours ago, 19//SAG said:

Hello my good gentlemen!

can anyone please give me the setting i need for the zoom to work without getting cross-eyed? im using OCULUS RIFT

and thanks for this great mod! i've been using it to remove the prop for a while and wish to be able to get the zoom working as well! 

:salute:

If you could please explain further your problem I'd be glad to help.

Wow, I can't believe I just came across this mod.  It works flawlessly and the "no propeller" option is brilliant in VR!!  Thank you!!

The only thing that would make it perfect is having the option to only show the dot for the unit markers and not the range or description.  That way you could just turn it on and off real quick without too much distraction.  Targets are hard to see in VR.  IDK if that is something within the scope of this mod, but it's the only wish I have left. :)

Great work....

20 hours ago, Vandal said:

Wow, I can't believe I just came across this mod.  It works flawlessly and the "no propeller" option is brilliant in VR!!  Thank you!!

The only thing that would make it perfect is having the option to only show the dot for the unit markers and not the range or description.  That way you could just turn it on and off real quick without too much distraction.  Targets are hard to see in VR.  IDK if that is something within the scope of this mod, but it's the only wish I have left. :)

Great work....

it's easy to do, but all icon will loose their text, as for example waypoint distance.

On 7/14/2018 at 4:02 PM, lefuneste said:

it's easy to do, but all icon will loose their text, as for example waypoint distance.

I can live with that. :)

Edited by Vandal

I hate to make requests, but would it be possible to get a saturation slider on the colour fix section? Using small amounts of multiplier adds a lot to the game (extra contrast), but the fact that it is chroma+luma means the game quickly becomes oversaturated. 

Other than that the mod is working beautifully.

Currently you can add value and multiply color component. I can not add a slider, just variables but if you explain what formula you want for color component change I can have a look.

The best way would be to calculate Luma  (Y) using the high performance method:

Sweetfx's github provides the code used in that injector - this definitely works in realtime.

Multiplication of luma (aY) is luma contrast

Saturation is your RGB input - the luma value. Addition/subtraction is your normal saturation change although you can do chroma based contrast (often called "vibrance") here as well using multiplication

Rather than linear contrasting (which will cause white clipping) it may also be worth looking into curve based contrasts. Once again that's available at sweetfx's github. Basically instead of making the line steeper, use a different formula to get an S curve and you get better control over contrast points.

Apologies for being so vague, I've only taken a tiny stab at what you've done in here and most of it is the kind of coding I am not at all familiar with.

Edited by peregrine7
HSL conversion in realtime not possible - removed

There are some global  values in the source that I do not understand (eg  Curves_contrast, Curves_mode, Curves_formula,...) and I am wondering if these complex formulae will impact fps.

Anyway, if you find which values have to be used for the global values, it seems to me that it may not be too complicated to used the "CurvesPass" function in the shader, as it takes as input RGB component and give as output RGB component also.

Global values should be mapped to variables in d3dx.ini, but that means that you'll have to define which values they should have.

2 hours ago, lefuneste said:

There are some global  values in the source that I do not understand (eg  Curves_contrast, Curves_mode, Curves_formula,...)

These link out to user settings that dictate what kind of contrast is needed. Curves_mode is whether the curve is applied to luma, chroma or both. I.e. do you apply the curve to RGB (==2), Y (==0) or Chroma (==1). So the user chooses which one to use and inputs into the variable a number.

2 hours ago, lefuneste said:

I am wondering if these complex formulae will impact fps.

Some definitely will, but if you want to experiment with it then something like x = x*x*(3.0-2.0*x) gives a good curve for mappings between 0 and 1.

Regarding saturation (and sorry for getting carried away), the poorly annotated version from this is

//float3 middlegray = float(color.r + color.g + color.b) / 3;
float3 middlegray = dot(color,(1.0/3.0));

float3 diffcolor = color - middlegray; //float 3 here
colorInput.rgb = (color + diffcolor * Saturation)/(1+(diffcolor*Saturation)); //Saturation 

This looks even cheaper than using chroma separation - though it is non-perceptual. The variable "color" is just colorinput.rgb after any other changes that have already been made. Saturation variable can be -1 -> +1

Edited by peregrine7