Sign in to follow this  
=KG76=flyus747

Menu Hangar low fps

Hi folks,

At the moment I have a GTX 850M and BOS runs great in-game (around 50 fps) but then whenever I am at the menu, my frames caps at 30 or 31 fps give or take.  The result is a very sluggish mouse pointer movement and clicking on anything has a split second lag.  

I then decided the lower the resolution to the lowest 16:9 res and run on "Low" settings.  The menu was smooth as silk so I am almost certain this has to do with the game performance capping the menu either at 60 or 30.  If your PC could run the menu hangar at 45, the game would automatically cap you to 30, you get the point.  

My questions are these:

1) is there a way to remove this cap?  

2) Or if not that, is there a way to get the menu to run at a higher fps?

3) What is outside the hangar that is hitting performance so hard?  Berlin?

As usual, thanks peeps

Hi folks,

At the moment I have a GTX 850M and BOS runs great in-game (around 50 fps) but then whenever I am at the menu, my frames caps at 30 or 31 fps give or take. The result is a very sluggish mouse pointer movement and clicking on anything has a split second lag.

I then decided the lower the resolution to the lowest 16:9 res and run on "Low" settings. The menu was smooth as silk so I am almost certain this has to do with the game performance capping the menu either at 60 or 30. If your PC could run the menu hangar at 45, the game would automatically cap you to 30, you get the point.

My questions are these:

1) is there a way to remove this cap?

2) Or if not that, is there a way to get the menu to run at a higher fps?

3) What is outside the hangar that is hitting performance so hard? Berlin?

As usual, thanks peeps

Go to the Nvidia control panel and set the general options to prefer performance over quality. It usually works on laptops to increase performance both in the menu and in the game.

Yep, it's a pretty good question why the hangar menu or a brief/debrief screen are in fact more demanding on the GPU than playing the game. When running a mission my GPU hardly goes above 70-80%, while being on the 2D mission screen puts a 100% demand on the GPU. You can use it as a stress test to see how cooling works.

I have only 60 fps in hangar but in the game over 130. Try use windowed mode.

Yep, it's a pretty good question why the hangar menu or a brief/debrief screen are in fact more demanding on the GPU than playing the game. When running a mission my GPU hardly goes above 70-80%, while being on the 2D mission screen puts a 100% demand on the GPU. You can use it as a stress test to see how cooling works.

I agree that aggressive unnecessary workload just in the menu is from the beginning what is Bos.

I'm also have a problem with this. What is the problem?
I prefer just black screen instead plane in hangar if this help on annoying lags.

It's rather bad for me, the mouse pointer doesn't move fluidly. Very annoying. Sure, I have a weak machine, but it seems too much.

The solution is simple: Don't spend too much time in the hangar. Make your clicks and be gone. 😉

It's been that way from almost the beginning. There are plenty of other more compelling performance issues, in my opinion. Do you want them to spend time on this? If it were really simple, they probably would have fixed it already. (BTW, will we get a Christmas tree in the hangar this year? 😉)

Cloyd

Edited by Cloyd

I don't run the backlog priority, so I'm happy to report my problems and let the team figure out where to focus their attention.

I'm a developer myself, and have managed IT projects. I know it can't all be done...

Really not trying to criticize you, Bidu. It's bad for me too. My system is old, but it works much better in-game than in the menu. I guess I can live with that.

Cloyd

Sure, no problem. I'd rather have other stuff too. It's just that I've suffered from RSI, so I'm probably over-sensitive with ergonomics. Erratic or sluggish mouse increases my hand tension. But you're right that 99% of the time it's a non-issue.

May I ask you the following question:

- Do you have theme music and background sound (mouse clicks) activated?

If so, try to deactivate those sound options. I did it because I got annoyed by the music and the click sound.

Then I realized the menu was much smoother. Give it a go...

Cheers

Just tested, it makes no difference in my case. The feeling is that I'm moving the pointer like I'm curling: it's heavy and hard to stop at the right spot, as it picks speed.

Bidu meybe by chance you are  forcing some gfx options through Nvidia inspector?

15 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Bidu meybe by chance you are  forcing some gfx options through Nvidia inspector?

I have two overclocked AMD Radeon HD 5700 in Crossfire configuration.

The best of the poor. 😀

Nope, not even that. 😭