wwwronin

Tacview – Understand what happened during your last flight!

1 hour ago, BuzyBee said:

1. Are you by any chance using a laptop with a NVIDIA graphics card? If so this is a known bug we are currently investigating. I recommend you force your laptop to use its Intel driver. 

If this is not the case, could you please send me the video by PM or to support @ tacview.net , and I'll investigate further

2. Red cubes are a known bug which will be fixed in the next beta.

1.Yes, nvidea laptop   gt1650. 
2. looking forward! 

3.  thank you for your reply! it clarifies a lot and I have been looking for an answer for days!  tavm!

Hi guys, can someone give me a quick run down on what the difference between standard and advanced entails? I've looked at the website but it's not clear to me what the RL differences are?

For use with IL-2,  the advantage of having Tacview Advanced would be that you could host online debriefings, enjoy strategic view (zoom out as far as you'd like) and view charts (although the accuracy of the charts would depend on the accuracy of data coming from IL-2). 

• Thanks 1

Lunar New Year Sale from January 23rd to 27th: 33% off all Tacview editions!

Announcing Tacview's Lunar New Year Sale: 33% off Tacview Standard and Advanced from January 23rd to 27th.

To upgrade from Tacview Standard to Tacview Advanced at an equivalent discount, send us an email at support@tacview.net.

Happy flying!

tacview-sale-lunar-33off-en.png

Edited by BuzyBee

Tacview 1.8.2 is now available on tacview.net and Steam!

Download: http://tacview.net/download

• Release Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020
  • Operating System: Windows® 32-bit / 64-bit
  • File Size: 385.7 MB

This update introduces new tools for professional debriefings, as well as numerous improvements, optimizations, and fixes for your favorite simulators.

Thanks to the community and to our professional partners for all the invaluable feedback and suggestions throughout the last few months!

Vyrtuoz

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED IL-2 pilot name auto-fix add-on by BuzyBee
  • ADDED Polish translation by Michał Plichta (work in progress)
  • ADDED Time-Jump tool to quickly go at a specific time
  • ADDED support for DCS: JF-17 Thunder
  • ADDED support for A-4E-C for DCS World
  • ADDED support for MB-339A for DCS World
  • ADDED latest DCS: Normandy 1944 Map and runways
  • ADDED support for pilot’s head movements (XP11)
  • ADDED Radar range & field of view is now supported and displayed in the 3D view when available
  • ADDED Kurile Island 1.3a for BMS
  • ADDED Database Builder add-on to easily create new objects database with Tacview Enterprise
  • ADDED support for sorting/dpi in the event-log importer
  • ADDED numerous objects and 3D models to the database
  • ADDED x20 playback speed
  • ADDED Ctrl/Page Up/Down to move quickly forward/backward in time
  • ADDED to set real-time telemetry and remote-control ports to 0 will disable them in DCS World
  • ADDED support for DMS coordinates in terrain custom textures declaration
  • IMPROVED 3D models are now loaded in background for faster debriefing startup
  • IMPROVED updated Earth magnetic field up to 2025 (IGRF-13)
  • IMPROVED labels are now always visible, they do not interact anymore with the terrain
  • IMPROVED camera behavior and auto-selection when starting a new debriefing
  • IMPROVED object height is now always represented even for selected objects
  • IMPROVED heavy shells trails are now thicker
  • IMPROVED KML track files are now considered as FixedWing objects
  • IMPROVED right-click to edit an unknown object from the 3D view
  • IMPROVED registration and Squawk are now always displayed regardless of the distance from the observer
  • IMPROVED registration and Squawk are now exported in csv and xml the flight logs
  • IMPROVED error messages in the event-log importer
  • IMPROVED only a few official add-ons are now enabled by default to not overload the UI
  • IMPROVED it is now possible to store add-ons and the database in C:\Tacview\
  • IMPROVED Time-Shift tool direction has been inverted to make it more intuitive
  • IMPROVED resilience to typos in latitude/longitude coordinates in various data
  • OPTIMIZED xml documents loading time
  • REMOVED DCS World client telemetry password option (was too confusing)

FIXES

• FIXED Blue events for selected objects were not displayed anymore in the timeline
  • FIXED "cubes" exported by IL-2 are now filtered-out and masked
  • FIXED Time slider tooltip was always displaying zulu time instead of local as requested
  • FIXED if DCS exporter profiling period was set to 0 it would spam the log
  • FIXED Objects tagged as [Static] will not display trails anymore
  • FIXED Launching the Steam edition of Tacview from the command line or Windows Explorer was displaying a warning
  • FIXED 32-bit Tacview could re-start via Steam in some edge cases
  • FIXED radar-lock lines from the event-long were not always removed
  • FIXED It was not always possible to visualise an object time-shifted into the future
  • FIXED Incomplete Dynon SkyView efis csv files are now gracefully handled
  • FIXED UTF-8 file names are now supported by Lua lfs.dir() and lfs.attributes() functions
  • FIXED SDK function Telemetry.Load() does not display error message anymore
  • FIXED several errors in the C# SDK
  • FIXED Automatic creation of ProgramData/Tacview folder as admin could preventing other users from accessing it
  • FIXED Tacview would not sleep after having loaded an acmi file (regression from 1.8.0)

tacview-182-time-jump.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz

Tacview 1.8.2 is now available on tacview.net and Steam!

Download: http://tacview.net/download

• Release Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020
  • File Size: 385.7 MB

This update introduces new tools for professional debriefings, as well as numerous improvements, optimizations, and fixes for your favorite simulators.

Thanks to the community and to our professional partners for all the invaluable feedback and suggestions throughout the last few months!

Vyrtuoz

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED IL-2 pilot name auto-fix add-on by BuzyBee
  • ADDED Polish translation by Michał Plichta (work in progress)
  • ADDED Time-Jump tool to quickly go at a specific time
  • ADDED support for DCS: JF-17 Thunder
  • ADDED support for A-4E-C for DCS World
  • ADDED support for MB-339A for DCS World
  • ADDED latest DCS: Normandy 1944 Map and runways
  • ADDED support for pilot’s head movements (XP11)
  • ADDED Radar range & field of view is now supported and displayed in the 3D view when available
  • ADDED Kurile Island 1.3a for BMS
  • ADDED Database Builder add-on to easily create new objects database with Tacview Enterprise
  • ADDED support for sorting/dpi in the event-log importer
  • ADDED x20 playback speed
  • ADDED Ctrl/Page Up/Down to move quickly forward/backward in time
  • ADDED to set real-time telemetry and remote-control ports to 0 will disable them in DCS World
  • ADDED support for DMS coordinates in terrain custom textures declaration
  • IMPROVED 3D models are now loaded in background for faster debriefing startup
  • IMPROVED updated Earth magnetic field up to 2025 (IGRF-13)
  • IMPROVED labels are now always visible, they do not interact anymore with the terrain
  • IMPROVED camera behavior and auto-selection when starting a new debriefing
  • IMPROVED object height is now always represented even for selected objects
  • IMPROVED heavy shells trails are now thicker
  • IMPROVED KML track files are now considered as FixedWing objects
  • IMPROVED right-click to edit an unknown object from the 3D view
  • IMPROVED registration and Squawk are now always displayed regardless of the distance from the observer
  • IMPROVED registration and Squawk are now exported in csv and xml the flight logs
  • IMPROVED error messages in the event-log importer
  • IMPROVED only a few official add-ons are now enabled by default to not overload the UI
  • IMPROVED it is now possible to store add-ons and the database in C:\Tacview\
  • IMPROVED Time-Shift tool direction has been inverted to make it more intuitive
  • IMPROVED resilience to typos in latitude/longitude coordinates in various data
  • OPTIMIZED xml documents loading time
  • REMOVED DCS World client telemetry password option (was too confusing)

FIXES

• FIXED Blue events for selected objects were not displayed anymore in the timeline
  • FIXED "cubes" exported by IL-2 are now filtered-out and masked
  • FIXED Time slider tooltip was always displaying zulu time instead of local as requested
  • FIXED if DCS exporter profiling period was set to 0 it would spam the log
  • FIXED Objects tagged as [Static] will not display trails anymore
  • FIXED Launching the Steam edition of Tacview from the command line or Windows Explorer was displaying a warning
  • FIXED 32-bit Tacview could re-start via Steam in some edge cases
  • FIXED radar-lock lines from the event-long were not always removed
  • FIXED It was not always possible to visualise an object time-shifted into the future
  • FIXED Incomplete Dynon SkyView efis csv files are now gracefully handled
  • FIXED UTF-8 file names are now supported by Lua lfs.dir() and lfs.attributes() functions
  • FIXED SDK function Telemetry.Load() does not display error message anymore
  • FIXED several errors in the C# SDK
  • FIXED Automatic creation of ProgramData/Tacview folder as admin could preventing other users from accessing it
  • FIXED Tacview would not sleep after having loaded an acmi file (regression from 1.8.0)

tacview-182-time-jump.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Andy! We've reached out to the developers asking them to provide us the coordinates and elevation map. They'll need to make some updates on their end as well.

is there a way to increase the recording limit? seems like it only records 500mb files then it stops automatically

9 hours ago, MechSauce said:

is there a way to increase the recording limit? seems like it only records 500mb files then it stops automatically

Deciman

Is the fuel usage / flow rate telemetry (available with the premium Tacview licence) working for IL-2 BoX? Specifically, I am trying to work out fuel usage in the Yak-7B; but there is quite a lot of parallax error in trying to read the gauges on the wing. Alternatively, any way to see live aircraft GW to calculate fuel burn from ZFW? 

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread!

Digby 😀

On 3/4/2020 at 7:03 AM, ACG_Digby said:

Is the fuel usage / flow rate telemetry (available with the premium Tacview licence) working for IL-2 BoX? Specifically, I am trying to work out fuel usage in the Yak-7B; but there is quite a lot of parallax error in trying to read the gauges on the wing. Alternatively, any way to see live aircraft GW to calculate fuel burn from ZFW? 

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread!

Digby 😀

Unfortunately IL-2 does not export fuel in Tacview's .acmi files.

There might be an API to read the cockpit gauge but I am not sure about that.

54 minutes ago, BuzyBee said:

Unfortunately IL-2 does not export fuel in Tacview's .acmi files.

There might be an API to read the cockpit gauge but I am not sure about that.

Ahhh that's a shame! Thanks for replying though! 

Hmmm that's interesting will have to look; annoying that the gauges are quite hard to read. 😆

Hi there

Does anybody also have my problem?

Tracks show no units except planes and vehicles.
And I'm pretty sure that when I used it the last time (which was quite a time ago)
I've seen AAA and buildings in my track, too.

Deci

Posted (edited)

if I record (ctrl R) in a multiplayerserver (vings of liberty) that block tacview can I convert trk to a acmi ?

Edited by se-link

On 3/29/2020 at 11:35 AM, se-link said:

if I record (ctrl R) in a multiplayerserver (vings of liberty) that block tacview can I convert trk to a acmi ?

I don't believe you can convert an .trk file to an .acmi file by replaying it in IL-2. 

If I understand the enabling instructions on page one of this thread, the export of TACVIEW data from multiplayer servers depends upon the host settings of their *.sds file, not anything on my machine, yes?  I am assuming that the .sds that I see on my install only impact an online server that I establish myself?  

Does anyone have a quick list of which popular IL2 servers do/do not support TACVIEW export at this point?

WoL? (saw a note earlier in the thread saying they do NOT.  Still true?)

Combat Box?

TAW?

Flying Circus? 

etc...?

It is possible to have name player displayed where you select particular plane to observe, instead just generic names like "Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5 a" in that screenshot ? 

image.thumb.png.f01e30e1b00651a17d15ccaf8a470185.png

19 hours ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

It is possible to have name player displayed where you select particular plane to observe, instead just generic names like "Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5 a" in that screenshot ? 

We will correct this in the next update, thanks for pointing it out!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Tacview 1.8.3 is now available on tacview.net and Steam!

Download: https://tacview.net/download

• Release Date: Fri, 1 May 2020
  • File Size: 390.6 MB

I am always looking for ways to improve Tacview’s frame rate to make it as smooth as possible, and to compensate for new features added over time, especially for lower-end systems. During my investigations, I have found a few bottlenecks, big and small.

In this version I have already implemented a few optimizations which should improve the performance on lower end systems and make the UI and 3D a bit more responsive. In the following updates, I will work on a bigger optimization which should have considerable impact on missions with a lot of objects.

Always an ongoing project, with the help of my partner BuzyBee, plenty of 3D objects and declarations have been added the to the database so your favorite planes and vehicles are properly displayed. This certainly makes debriefings more comfortable and intuitive!

In addition to new options to customize your experience, there have been several tweaks to make the satellite view more comfortable and weapons impact clearer.

Meanwhile, Tacview 2.0 is still growing up slowly, but surely. All the tools required for its multi-platform development are complete (some are even used to speed-up Tacview 1.x development). The next step (starting soon), will be the development of the core engine, which will include completely rewritten terrain, 3D engine (using Vulkan for portability and performances), as well as a greatly improved telemetry engine, feature-wise. I am as impatient as you are about it, it is a long-term project, slow but steady!

Take care and fly safe!
Vyrtuoz & BuzyBee

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED Static Object Injector addon to easily add static objects in Tacview world
  • ADDED Track Injector addon to create flights from waypoints
  • ADDED IL-2 Arras elevation map
  • ADDED support for DCS World submarines
  • ADDED new keyboard shortcuts to inject bookmarks in DCS World
  • ADDED longitudinal and lateral accelerations (g-force)
  • ADDED support for routes and waypoints for GPX files
  • ADDED support for DRX Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) static objects
  • ADDED support for WebP for custom terrain textures
  • ADDED support for non spherical engagement ranges
  • ADDED support for inactive SAM/AAA sites (radar on/off)
  • ADDED support for simpler event-log sheets (timeout+callsign+event)
  • ADDED an option to auto hide latitude/longitude coordinates whenever bullseye coordinates are present
  • ADDED support for Shift + PgUp / PgDown to move quickly +/- 10 seconds in time
  • ADDED support for more exotic characters in latitude & longitude coordinates
  • ADDED /Fullscreen command line option to start Tacview in fullscreen mode
  • IMPROVED impact effects are now more transparent so we can still see concerned objects
  • IMPROVED direction vector length to be proportional to the corresponding object speed
  • IMPROVED fast forward speeds to better match other debriefing tools (x3/x5/x10/x20)
  • IMPROVED support for csv files such as granular data from Flightradar24
  • IMPROVED support of wrongly formatted date/time in GPX files
  • IMPROVED anti-aircraft engagement range display in satellite/orthogonal view
  • IMPROVED support of static objects from KML files
  • IMPROVED handling of carriage return characters when importing telemetry files
  • IMPROVED Database Builder to automatically refresh Tacview database after each save
  • IMPROVED media windows now display only file names without path in their title

FIXES

• FIXED charts auto-scale was not always correct
  • FIXED the event-log importer to work regardless of the user regional settings in Windows
  • FIXED rare crash when manually removing objects from the world
  • FIXED crash in Database Builder add-on caused by duplicate entries
  • FIXED could not add waypoints via the add/edit dialog box
  • FIXED pilots not properly exported for DCS World Harrier & M2000

tacview-183-submarines.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz

Tacview 1.8.3 is now available on tacview.net and Steam!

Download: https://tacview.net/download

• Release Date: Fri, 1 May 2020
  • File Size: 390.6 MB

I am always looking for ways to improve Tacview’s frame rate to make it as smooth as possible, and to compensate for new features added over time, especially for lower-end systems. During my investigations, I have found a few bottlenecks, big and small.

In this version I have already implemented a few optimizations which should improve the performance on lower end systems and make the UI and 3D a bit more responsive. In the following updates, I will work on a bigger optimization which should have considerable impact on missions with a lot of objects.

Always an ongoing project, with the help of my partner BuzyBee, plenty of 3D objects and declarations have been added the to the database so your favorite planes and vehicles are properly displayed. This certainly makes debriefings more comfortable and intuitive!

In addition to new options to customize your experience, there have been several tweaks to make the satellite view more comfortable and weapons impact clearer.

Meanwhile, Tacview 2.0 is still growing up slowly, but surely. All the tools required for its multi-platform development are complete (some are even used to speed-up Tacview 1.x development). The next step (starting soon), will be the development of the core engine, which will include completely rewritten terrain, 3D engine (using Vulkan for portability and performances), as well as a greatly improved telemetry engine, feature-wise. I am as impatient as you are about it, it is a long-term project, slow but steady!

Take care and fly safe!
Vyrtuoz & BuzyBee

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED Static Object Injector addon to easily add static objects in Tacview world
  • ADDED Track Injector addon to create flights from waypoints
  • ADDED IL-2 Arras elevation map
  • ADDED support for DCS World submarines
  • ADDED new keyboard shortcuts to inject bookmarks in DCS World
  • ADDED longitudinal and lateral accelerations (g-force)
  • ADDED support for routes and waypoints for GPX files
  • ADDED support for DRX Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) static objects
  • ADDED support for WebP for custom terrain textures
  • ADDED support for non spherical engagement ranges
  • ADDED support for inactive SAM/AAA sites (radar on/off)
  • ADDED support for simpler event-log sheets (timeout+callsign+event)
  • ADDED an option to auto hide latitude/longitude coordinates whenever bullseye coordinates are present
  • ADDED support for Shift + PgUp / PgDown to move quickly +/- 10 seconds in time
  • ADDED support for more exotic characters in latitude & longitude coordinates
  • ADDED /Fullscreen command line option to start Tacview in fullscreen mode
  • IMPROVED impact effects are now more transparent so we can still see concerned objects
  • IMPROVED direction vector length to be proportional to the corresponding object speed
  • IMPROVED fast forward speeds to better match other debriefing tools (x3/x5/x10/x20)
  • IMPROVED support for csv files such as granular data from Flightradar24
  • IMPROVED support of wrongly formatted date/time in GPX files
  • IMPROVED anti-aircraft engagement range display in satellite/orthogonal view
  • IMPROVED support of static objects from KML files
  • IMPROVED handling of carriage return characters when importing telemetry files
  • IMPROVED Database Builder to automatically refresh Tacview database after each save
  • IMPROVED media windows now display only file names without path in their title

FIXES

• FIXED charts auto-scale was not always correct
  • FIXED the event-log importer to work regardless of the user regional settings in Windows
  • FIXED rare crash when manually removing objects from the world
  • FIXED crash in Database Builder add-on caused by duplicate entries
  • FIXED could not add waypoints via the add/edit dialog box
  • FIXED pilots not properly exported for DCS World Harrier & M2000

tacview-183-submarines.png

• Like 2

I'm trying to get this to work, do i need to have tacview running in the background? If i do i get an error when i start IL-2 in Steam that Il-2 is already running. 

@nrosko

It's not necessary...

Simply do a track of your flight, then open that file using tacview...

(I don't remember exactly the folder, but for sure you can find it in the first post of the thread)

Also, in your startup.cfg you need to have the following enabled:

[KEY = track_record]
    fx_sound = 2
    record_graphics_effect = 1
    record_ground_vehicles = 1
    tacviewrecord = 1
[END]

And press CTRL+R during your flight to start the recording.

• Like 1

And the tracks (the ones you will open in TacView in the end) you'll find from <Il2 installation folder>/data/Tracks

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but i try all those things, i will give it another go later. 

4 hours ago, nrosko said:

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but i try all those things, i will give it another go later. 

Post your exact steps if it still doesn't work for you

Hi Guys is there any way to see current rate of climb and or other settings like radiator settings? Mainly interested in rate of climb though.

On 5/16/2020 at 4:13 AM, hnbdgr said:

Hi Guys is there any way to see current rate of climb and or other settings like radiator settings? Mainly interested in rate of climb though.

Hi, yes in the Telemetry 1 window (Analysis -> Telemetry 1) you will find VS which is Vertical Speed.

Radiator settings are not exported by IL-2 so they are not available in Tacview.

• Upvote 1

Question for you tacview devs. The squad I am in has been plagued for the last 2 weeks (more or less since 4.006 dropped) with invisible aircraft even within the squad. You guys may or may not know about this issue. I realise this is not your s/w, but flying on open servers (mainy CB and Finnish) we have a pair that will often fly on opposing team which gives us the chance to compare notes. We know we are not cheating nor doing anything to encourage it (else I guess we could all be invisible).

Last 3 squad nights their tracks have been showing other members appearing from "thin air". These planes were visible to those flying red, but the two blue did not see all on tacview. They are using 1.8.3 whilst I still use 1.7.5. It is interesting to note that with 1.8.x these planes just appear but with 1.7.5 they are visible as red box. Yes I think you removed them deliberately (else it could be cluttered), thats not my question.

I enclose one of these tracks. If  you follow the pair of 109G4 (bart and witch) they engage a pair of P38s just over a 1 minute in, a few seconds later at 1min39, one of the escorts in a spitfire appears. If you watch with v1.8 just he appears. However in 1.7.5 he morphs from an low climbing unidentified red box to a spitfire. He is about 4-5km from the attackers. And alongside him can be seen another red box - his wingman who never gets identified, butis  seen following him round. This second guy never becomes apparent in either tacview1.8 nor the ingame recording. Being in squad we know the guy was with him, both were visible to the 2 pair of p38s but not the enemy pair.

Also interesting, with 1.7.5 at the very beginning the same pair of G4s at 10secs in have an unidentified pair of boxes pass along their path about 300yards away and a little higher (obviously with no data, they were not ours so these are estimated but the G4s were at 20kft so the vertical difference was small).

They do not engage, our G4s were totally unaware until I reviewed it, we assume the G4s were also invisible to the UFOs which just fly on their own way off wherever they were going. This is the only one of the tracks so far where it shows non squad invisible to us (although it has appeared in past but not for a while).

But my thought is, these invisible planes are obviously not completely invisible. Tacview has some knowledge they exist and speed/location which must be coming from the clients machine. So what is actually missing so that tacview does not display, and how do you isolate and filter them out now? I thought this information might help the il2 developers finally sort this issue out. I'd appreciate it if could could have a look and see if there is any info in your tacview file that could help.

invisible 2.zip

• Upvote 1

Feature Request:

Can you please add more aircraft colors?

Black and Yellow would be great

10.png

22 hours ago, ACG_crane said:

Feature Request:

Can you please add more aircraft colors?

Black and Yellow would be great

Adding more colours is on our improvement list already. It is surprisingly hard to find appropriate additional colours. For example, a black aircraft would be invisible against the night sky, and yellow is already used for bullets. But we'll figure something out!

4 hours ago, BuzyBee said:

Adding more colours is on our improvement list already. It is surprisingly hard to find appropriate additional colours. For example, a black aircraft would be invisible against the night sky, and yellow is already used for bullets. But we'll figure something out!

I understand. It would just make debriefs easyer as we name our sections in colours. And as the clours can be freely selected, they could also be deselected if not apropriate (black at night). Thanks for your continuing efforts!

On 5/29/2020 at 5:07 PM, 56RAF_Stickz said:

But my thought is, these invisible planes are obviously not completely invisible. Tacview has some knowledge they exist and speed/location which must be coming from the clients machine. So what is actually missing so that tacview does not display, and how do you isolate and filter them out now? I thought this information might help the il2 developers finally sort this issue out. I'd appreciate it if could could have a look and see if there is any info in your tacview file that could help.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It looks like IL-2 has modified the way they export objects. We will contact IL-2 about this and in the meantime we will work on creating an add-on to make those aircraft visible throughout the entire flight recording. 

3 hours ago, BuzyBee said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It looks like IL-2 has modified the way they export objects. We will contact IL-2 about this and in the meantime we will work on creating an add-on to make those aircraft visible throughout the entire flight recording. 

sorry buzybee you misunderstand me a bit I think. I dont know if you saw the tracks I put in.

The problem is not with tacview.

IL2BoX  has had an issue for a long time that planes are totally invisible. I do not mean "not spotted" or difficult to spot. They suddenly appear a 100yds behind an enemy and shoot them down. There has been a few youtubes showing the phenomenon. Both tacview and game tracks record them suddenly appearing - usually by shooting. It appears that the client is unaware they are there. It has been happening very frequently recently. It just appears that tacview v1.7.x displays an indication that they are around.

I wondered if this was any clue as to why the game itself keeps then hidden from view. ie what is missing from the info tacview has to display an aircraft rather than a "small flying box". Its thought to be a netcode issue, I just hoped a clue to it came from tacview being aware of it but unable to diplay information.

On 6/22/2020 at 3:32 PM, 56RAF_Stickz said:

what is missing from the info tacview has to display an aircraft rather than a "small flying box". Its thought to be a netcode issue, I just hoped a clue to it came from tacview being aware of it but unable to diplay information.

This is an easy question for me to answer directly but I don't know if it will help in the big picture: The red cubes have property "Type=Misc+Shrapnel" whereas an aircraft will have property "Type=Air+FixedWing". Furthermore for the correct model of aircraft to be displayed the aircraft should also have the property "Name=P-38J-25" for example.

But keep in mind that when the aircraft appears, the cube does not go away. That was the reason we made the cubes invisible. So changing the cube to an aircraft will result in 2 aircraft! 🙂

Announcing Tacview's Summer Sale: 40% off Tacview Standard and Advanced from June 25th to July 13th. 

To upgrade from Tacview Standard to Tacview Advanced at an equivalent discount, send us an email at support@tacview.net

Happy flying!

https://tacview.net/purchase/

Summer-Sale-2020.png

• Like 1