wwwronin

Tacview – Understand what happened during your last flight!

Hi Vyrtuoz. I recently bought a copy of Tacview 1.7.5 and have a question about it...Is it possible to record data from the Career Mode? so far I have tested the quick missions and it is possible to record data but for some reason its not possible to do it in career mode, the red record icon doesn't even appear.

By the way I'm using version 3.011b or the sim.

PD: It works great with X-Plane 11.32!

Edited by Sudkan

I find it impossible to record long sorties, because the track files stucks @ 500 mb limit and stops recording, so does the ACMI file and you have to restart it.

Is it possible to record ACMI-file for TacView without ingame track?

It looks like a limitation of IL-2. It's a shame, because I bet that the acmi file is still quite small compared to the track file when this happens.

Like you guessed, the only solution for now it so stop/restart the data recording time to time to split it in several files.

Yes, the ACMI file for ~500 mb track is a little over 10 mb

Oh, well, БЖСЭ™

Merging works flawlessly in Tacview, just multi-open all the tracks (acmi's) with the same name (last 2 digits are incremental numbers of your current session) and they are merged in correct order.

But yes, the problem still is that you have to notice that track is no longer being recorded.

Hello Sudkan,

I finally had the time to test and the data recording is working fine for me with IL2 3.012 in single mission as well as in career mode.

I launched the default Russian carrier and when I press LEFT.CTRL+R, I can see a little red camera in the top right corner of my screen.

As soon as I end the flight, I can see a valid acmi file generated in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Tracks\

Maybe IL-2 crashed during your flight and was not able to generate a valid acmi file? Is there any track file generated for your flight too?

zn9b1AI.jpg

Tacview 1.7.6 is available

Download: http://tacview.net/download

• Release Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019
  • Operating System: Windows® 32-bit / 64-bit
  • File Size: 269.0 MB

This intermediate release brings a lot of fixes and improvements requested by both the community and professional users.

While I am focusing more and more on the development of Tacview 2.0, it is going to take some time before we can put our hands on a first beta version. Meanwhile the Tacview 1.8.0 is already on its way and will continue developing further the capabilities required for professional military debriefings, like a brand-new real-time shot log which will eventually replace the aged flight log.

Tacview 2.0 conception phase is still open, so feel free to share your ideas and suggestions here. Even if everything single whish may not be granted, be assured that I am always taking all your feedback in consideration.

Fly safe!
Vyrtuoz

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Improved support for VRS Tacpack/Superbug, vACMI & FSX@War (special thanks to Asid [D.O.W])
  • Integrated Aegean 2.4 for BMS
  • It is now possible to edit object properties by right clicking on it in the 3D view
  • Added preliminary support of DCS: F-14 Tomcat
  • Added preliminary support of DCS: MiG-19P Farmer
  • Added keyboard shortcuts to quickly change playback speed
  • Increased mouse wheel zoom resolution
  • Improved threat domes display
  • New option to always display the bullseye
  • Added an option to hide important objects list from the 3D view
  • Destroyed aircraft are now still displayed in the important objects list
  • Moved display cockpit instruments option to the settings menu
  • Turn rate is now displayed with one decimal in objects labels
  • Nautical mile distances are now displayed with two decimal places
  • Playback speed is now displayed when nonstandard and paused
  • Fonts and cockpit instruments are now clearer
  • Added SDK functions to control playback
  • Added SDK setting to hide the HUD and latitude, longitude grid
  • It is now possible to define an object parent in telemetry data

FIXES

• Improved support of 4K and higher resolution screens
  • ISO time used for automatic synchronization was not properly read from media filenames
  • SDK menu callbacks were garbage collected too early leading to "random" crashes in C# addons
  • In some rare cases shells and bullets could be displayed as a box
  • Telemetry between selected objects was sometime displayed in the bottom/left corner of the 3D view
  • No error was displayed when attempting to read a zip file with no supported data in it (trk or xlsx files)
  • The 3D view is now always updated after activating an addon command via a menu
  • Addons menu entries will not be alphabetically sorted anymore

Tacview176.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

zn9b1AI.jpg

Tacview 1.7.6 is available

Download: http://tacview.net/download

• Release Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019
  • Operating System: Windows® 32-bit / 64-bit
  • File Size: 269.0 MB

This intermediate release brings a lot of fixes and improvements requested by both the community and professional users.

While I am focusing more and more on the development of Tacview 2.0, it is going to take some time before we can put our hands on a first beta version. Meanwhile the Tacview 1.8.0 is already on its way and will continue developing further the capabilities required for professional military debriefings, like a brand-new real-time shot log which will eventually replace the aged flight log.

Tacview 2.0 conception phase is still open, so feel free to share your ideas and suggestions here. Even if everything single whish may not be granted, be assured that I am always taking all your feedback in consideration.

Fly safe!
Vyrtuoz

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Improved support for VRS Tacpack/Superbug, vACMI & FSX@War (special thanks to Asid [D.O.W])
  • Integrated Aegean 2.4 for BMS
  • It is now possible to edit object properties by right clicking on it in the 3D view
  • Added preliminary support of DCS: F-14 Tomcat
  • Added preliminary support of DCS: MiG-19P Farmer
  • Added keyboard shortcuts to quickly change playback speed
  • Increased mouse wheel zoom resolution
  • Improved threat domes display
  • New option to always display the bullseye
  • Added an option to hide important objects list from the 3D view
  • Destroyed aircraft are now still displayed in the important objects list
  • Moved display cockpit instruments option to the settings menu
  • Turn rate is now displayed with one decimal in objects labels
  • Nautical mile distances are now displayed with two decimal places
  • Playback speed is now displayed when nonstandard and paused
  • Fonts and cockpit instruments are now clearer
  • Added SDK functions to control playback
  • Added SDK setting to hide the HUD and latitude, longitude grid
  • It is now possible to define an object parent in telemetry data

FIXES

• Improved support of 4K and higher resolution screens
  • ISO time used for automatic synchronization was not properly read from media filenames
  • SDK menu callbacks were garbage collected too early leading to "random" crashes in C# addons
  • In some rare cases shells and bullets could be displayed as a box
  • Telemetry between selected objects was sometime displayed in the bottom/left corner of the 3D view
  • No error was displayed when attempting to read a zip file with no supported data in it (trk or xlsx files)
  • The 3D view is now always updated after activating an addon command via a menu
  • Addons menu entries will not be alphabetically sorted anymore

Tacview176.png

• Upvote 1

Hi Vyrtuoz, I think that I found a reason for the issue that I was experiencing:

1-If you install Tacview and you already started a career the recording isn't going to work (no little red camera, at least for me).

2-If you have Tacview already installed and start a career from zero, Tacview is going to work without any issue.

For now, i already installed Tacview 1.7.6, and started a new career, without any issues for now.

Thanks for your answer.

Thank you very much for the follow-up.

That said, this is strange because you do not need to have Tacview installed to record IL-2 flights… Maybe that was a bug in IL-2 which has been quickly fixed.

Anyway, I am glad that everything is working fine for you now.

Salute!

Just discovered Tacview.

wow.

A+++

Great stuff.

It took me while to realise that it uses the same keybinding as the in game track recorder...

( FYI: I was using LCtrl + R but nothing was happening...  I have a custom track record button assignment...I got there in the end. : -  ) )

Can we convert old .trk files to .acmi  ??? 

I have these rilly rilly great fights I want to look at....

This is hecking awesome!

504653455_TacviewPlankI-16muckingabout.thumb.jpg.59cebcd114b7194844d9757476dfbc49.jpg

Salute!

Planky.

Edited by Plank

1 hour ago, Plank said:

Can we convert old .trk files to .acmi  ???

Nope. Completely different format.

Ok rgr that.

and here is a screen grab of a fight today against a 109 in an I-16. They spun in after I chased them... oops.

The pesky little blighter's definitely can pull out tighter and maneuver better in certain circumstances. Darn it.

You can see in the last dive that I am shallow and pull out slow ... I try to avoid the dive of doom now. : - )

1723742891_TacViewI-16vsBf109G2.thumb.jpg.da9c3472094ebf7b66593be32f73f23c.jpg

Can't seem to do a full screen pic... great program! actually considering paying for it! * drops ashtray/brandy/Webley *

Fun!

Salute!

Planky.

Edited by Plank

Hello maker of Tacview!

Really enjoying the scrub bar and seeing how things stack up in the dog fight.

I would like to suggest a couple of things:

1) Is it possible to adjust the trails so that they don't fade out? A check box would be cool. : - ) 

To be able to zoom out and look at the whole engagement is good but squinting to see the trails is less than optimal. ( for me...)

169204486_Fadingouttrails.thumb.jpg.fa0ef3056d00d8e45d24339dc86728c9.jpg

2) The Huge yellow ball when an enemy plane is hit is quite, er,  distracting.  I would like to continue watching the enemy plane ! Another check box? Please!

1174548031_bigyellowball.thumb.jpg.46d18d86b279bedb75aa981644d7cbb8.jpg

Dang this is good stuff. This is cool. Heck! I am converted!

S!

Planky.

freeflight I-16 Planking it .txt.zip

A quick wee fly in the I-16... I have marked two whoopsies at the top of zoom climbs which look cool. : - )

.Zip file should self extract if not use winRar ....

Trying out my new stick and seeing how it goes tossing the plane about. Seems ok. yey!

Salute!

Planky.

PS I found the streamer control !!! ha, right in front of me.

Edited by Plank

Planky the trails can be lengthened but after playing the track it begins to look like a birds nest. 😀

• Haha 1

Like this?

825689158_TacviewBerlogatoomanyplanes001.thumb.jpg.1c716b210849fb3e534911c7c0769a0a.jpg

I couldn't even work out who I was.... bit of a problem there.

Scrubbing back and forth with the time bar pointer is insanely good value.

After a while you pick out individual fights.

People are chopping and changing targets like  um, things... Amazing.

BUT the real interesting thing is the enemy ( the germs ) BLUE vs us the not enemy ( us Russians )  RED well ok it's PINK ...

You can see what blue lacks in turn it makes up for in speed. There were no killer zoom ups in this shot but that is

a common defence/attack by the 109... zoom up wing over dive back at you. ( Just like the fricking D7F... )

So nothing really changes.

A common mistake by the 109 is to either take it to the deck. Nghhhhh!

Or try the zoom up with less than required E. Double Nghhhhh x2.

The is nothing quite like letting a 109 zoom up,  then nip up behind and shoot its wings off. Fabulous.

But do not let it zoom up into the sun, oh no. Time to evade evade evade !!!

PS. A bit of a point is that the trails DISAPPEAR when a pilot despawns. To get the overall picture it would nice to

see all of the trails. not just the active pilots.... but ok. no one else would want that so erm, yes... never mind. : - )

S! P.

Edited by Plank

I'm trying to use Tacview and have the settings correct as far as I know:

tacview.JPG.ebff80a56f6d7b46714c41b3bc21aeb6.JPG

and I try Left-Ctrl + R in game but no acmi files in the Tracks directory.

Any thoughts? I'd love to get this going!

138282781_tacviewins.thumb.JPG.160f80b2131f972cb10c28e9f55e6fc1.JPG

Agh, I really want to get TacView working. I noticed that there's a "Recording" folder option, so I've set the location for that but still no joy. 

image.png.bc85837471db3a0d8665bfd540e6e2f0.png

Edited by FlyingNutcase

GOTCHA !

You just use your normal track record control in BoX.   :- )

It got me too. ha!

S! P.

• Thanks 1

Hi FlyingNutcase

I have just tested with IL-2 v3.012c and it has generated a proper *.acmi file in a sub folder of my IL-2 install. By default, I needed to press LCtrl+R to trigger data recording. At that point I can see the little red camera icon in the top right corner of the screen.

As Plank suggested, if you have redefined the default control used to trigger trk files recording, you will have to press your own key combination.

Side note: The “ACMI Files Recording Folder” does not have any effect on IL-2 series. IL-2 records all the acmi files in its own folder “\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Tracks\”

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2018 at 8:56 AM, Vyrtuoz said:

Tacview holiday sale has started!

Salute!

Hello, when do you think the next sale is due? Just wondering...  : - )

S! P.

Thank you for the feedback Plank!

I am happy to see how you are enjoying Tacview.

I thought about your question concerning the trails. I may add an option to keep the trails after death in Tacview 2.0.

As for the explosions, they are injected by IL-2 in the telemetry data. We should be able to create a Lua addon for Tacview, you will be able to use to remove them or reduce their occurrence.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 9:04 AM, Plank said:

Salute!

Hello, when do you think the next sale is due? Just wondering...  : - )

S! P.

Hi Plank,

There may be a sale this summer ... keep your eyes peeled! 😉

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2019 at 11:00 AM, BuzyBee said:

Hi Plank,

There may be a sale this summer ... keep your eyes peeled! 😉

Great! You mean the norther summer right....     : - )

I will have to be patient! ( it's a virtue I am led to believe ...)

S! P.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:23 PM, Plank said:

Great! You mean the norther summer right....     : - )

I will have to be patient! ( it's a virtue I am led to believe ...)

S! P.

On 5/28/2019 at 9:04 AM, Plank said:

LOL yes I mean northern summer! Like June-July-August. (There MAY be a sale, we are never sure). 

• Thanks 1

Our SUMMER SALE 2019 is on now: 50% off Tacview Standard and Advanced from June 25th to July 9th inclusive!

We've seen a lot of fantastic updates in IL-2 this year. Don't miss this chance to enhance your experience even further using Tacview's Standard and Advanced tools, such as real-time telemetry and online debriefing. 

To upgrade your existing Standard license to Advanced at an equivalent discount, send us an email at support@tacview.net with your current product key and we'll respond as soon as we can. 

Happy flying!

https://tacview.net/purchase/

Summer Sale 50% Off.png

Edited by BuzyBee

Our SUMMER SALE 2019 is on now: 50% off Tacview Standard and Advanced from June 25th to July 9th inclusive!

We've seen a lot of fantastic updates in IL-2 this year. Don't miss this chance to enhance your experience even further using Tacview's Standard and Advanced tools, such as real-time telemetry and

online debriefing. 

To upgrade your existing Standard license to Advanced at an equivalent discount, send us an email at support@tacview.net with your current product key and we'll respond as soon as we can. 

Happy flying!

https://tacview.net/purchase/

Summer Sale 50% Off.png

Edited by BuzyBee
  • Thanks 1

THANK YOU!  Love this program, and my trial license just expired.... now I can quit chewing over the difference between the Standard and Advanced version, and justify getting Advanced!

Edited by Stoopy

Just a reminder for anyone who is interested - tomorrow is the last day of the Summer Sale! 

Highly recommend it! It helped me get better - constant improvement. Assessing dogfights if very advantageous for the next engagement. Problem is you are never the only two on a a map.

Most of the time I get killed it's because I am a lone wolf and there is always someone stalking you. Without a wingman on TAW you are as good as dead.

Edited by JG7_X-Man

@Vyrtuoz...enjoy using TacView, how does the process work on your end to get new airplanes included? For example the new airplanes for Bodenplatte or Flying Corps? 

On 8/12/2019 at 3:03 PM, busdriver said:

@Vyrtuoz...enjoy using TacView, how does the process work on your end to get new airplanes included? For example the new airplanes for Bodenplatte or Flying Corps? 

Hey busdriver, just let us know exactly what aircraft is missing and we'll try to get it included in Tacview's database in a future update. 

• Thanks 1

There seems to be some issue at my side.

When I launch tacview first and then il-2 then I get the following error:

Another Instance of "Il-2 Shtuirmovik BoS Editor" or "Il-2 Shturmovik BoS Game" application is already running

and when I launch il-2 first and then tacview then follow error occurs:

To ensure fair play and to prevent cheating, please close IL-2 Sturmovik before using Tacview

I searched for such an error in the forum but no dice.

Any ideas if it is vital to append any config files?

Edited by TheProfessor

2 hours ago, TheProfessor said:

There seems to be some issue at my side.

When I launch tacview first and then il-2 then I get the following error:

Another Instance of "Il-2 Shtuirmovik BoS Editor" or "Il-2 Shturmovik BoS Game" application is already running

and when I launch il-2 first and then tacview then follow error occurs:

To ensure fair play and to prevent cheating, please close IL-2 Sturmovik before using Tacview

I searched for such an error in the forum but no dice.

Any ideas if it is vital to append any config files?

Doesn't look like a bug to me. More a deliberate decision to not allow TacView to run at the same time as the game.

17 hours ago, AndyJWest said:

Doesn't look like a bug to me. More a deliberate decision to not allow TacView to run at the same time as the game.

Aye, this seems a hush hush update and there's nothing about it online.

6 hours ago, TheProfessor said:

Aye, this seems a hush hush update and there's nothing about it online.

I don't think it is new.

Hi Professor,

Indeed IL-2 will not allow Tacview (or any other related application) to run at the same time.

My understanding is that this is to avoid technical problems in general and "cheating" in particular when it comes to Tacview.

It is my understanding that this has always been the case.

• Like 1