Vyrtuoz

Tacview – Understand what happened during your last flight!

51 minutes ago, Vyrtuoz said:

My apologies for the delay Requiem.

Unfortunately, there is not way I can read IL-2 track content. This file format is undocumented, and my guess is that it closely depends on the simulation state to be properly replayed. Maybe one day I will come back to track files, but for now, I prefer to focus my current work on other.

No worries Vyrtuoz, I appreciate you taking the time to reply! Maybe one day :)

Hi, i was watching a track of a recent MP session where i was driving the new Tiger and noticed that Tacview is actually able to automatically show the player name (similar to how it does in DCS) for the tank while for planes in IL-2 you have to manually fill in the player name. is that caused by a difference in how tacview handles tanks or cause of something 777/1C did with the tanks in the game? Would it be possible to have player name show up for planes as well without having to edit them manually in the ACMI file? 

kind regards
Asgar

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

It is possible that the pilot name is properly exported with the new tanks. I have notified IL-2 developers about the aircraft pilots names, let’s hope they will fix it one day.

If you share your tank acmi file, I may be able to confirm your observation, and use this opportunity to add more missing 3d models to Tacview.

Hello all,

Sorry to be late to the party. Great thread here. I've downloaded TV 1.71, and wonder if terrain mods can be enabled in this alpha version? I have d/l'd lefuneste's  terrain mods but they are not working with 1.7.1. What can be done?

thank you,

Flyby out 

On 7/26/2018 at 2:46 PM, Vyrtuoz said:

It is possible that the pilot name is properly exported with the new tanks. I have notified IL-2 developers about the aircraft pilots names, let’s hope they will fix it one day.

If you share your tank acmi file, I may be able to confirm your observation, and use this opportunity to add more missing 3d models to Tacview.

sorry for the delay, i didn't have access to my PC for a while, here is the acmi file from the tank drive out, should have all the tanks in it.

another thing you might notice, it doesn't start centered on the player (me in the tank) but on a Bf 109 E-7

dogfight.2018-07-21_23-04-48_00.rar

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

@ACG_Flyby

To see Lefuneste terrain textures, you must use Tacview 1.7.2 (the final build is coming very soon).

Make sure that Lefuneste terrain textures are unpacked as (for example):

C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Textures\IL2-BoK.jpg

In Tacview, make sure that the terrain custom textures are enabled, and the terrain is either set to auto or to IL-2.

@6./ZG26_Asgar

By default, Tacview is doing its best to find which objects are piloted by the player. However, because IL-2 does not currently export any data indicating which object is player controlled, by default Tacview falls back to the first aircraft it can find in the battlefield.

il2textures2.png

il2textures1.png

• Thanks 1

Tacview 1.7.2 is available

Download: http://tacview.net/download

• Release Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018
  • Operating System: Windows® 32-bit / 64-bit
  • File Size: 238.4 MB

Time to get your hands on the brand-new Lua SDK!

This release is a big step forward more customization: I have integrated Lua 5.3.4 in Tacview and started to develop an easy to use API. Now, anyone with some programing skills can create addons to extend existing features and even add new features to Tacview!

How to create your own addon?

• Create a sub folder named after your addon in C:\ProgramData\Tacview\AddOns\
  • Create a file named "main.lua" in this folder (it will be automatically loaded at Tacview startup). It will look like C:\ProgramData\Tacview\AddOns\My Addon\main.lua
  • At the beginning of your script, reference the latest API like the following: local Tacview = require("Tacview172")
  • Now you can use any of the features documented in C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\AddOns\Tacview Lua * Interface.txt to create your own addon!
  • LuaSocket 3.0 which has been integrated in Tacview and ready to fulfill all of your connectivity needs! Just reference it as usual: socket = require("socket")

Keep in mind that this is a first iteration. While the current API is still relatively limited, new features will be added over the coming releases. Just let me know whatever you need. I will do my best to add more Lua functions, so everyone can develop the addon of your dream.

Have a look at the samples are available in C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\AddOns\

The most notable example is the Landing Signal Officer (currently in development) which (will) displays an LSO view when you select an aircraft carrier as switch to cockpit view. This addon will soon automatically score landing attempts.

Tacview-Lua-SDK.png

Notable improvements for IL-2

Thanks to the work of Lefuneste, you can now display IL-2 maps in Tacview!

• Simply download the texture pack from http://tacview.net/download/addons/[/li]
  • Unpack its content so it looks like: C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Textures\IL2-BoK.jpg[/li]
  • Then relaunch Tacview and make sure custom textures and either automatic or IL-2 terrain is selected.[/li]

Again, many thanks to Lefuneste for his excellent work!

Tacview-Lefuneste-IL2-Terrain-Textures.j

What's next?

My current plan is to continue to update Tacview 1.x and to use it as a test bed for the new features which will be available in Tacview 2.x.

Indeed, I have started to work part-time on Tacview 2, working first on all the necessary tools to develop it. The goal is to offer you an even more intuitive, fresh and modern UI, a smoother experience on low-end systems, and easier and more customization possibilities, on all platforms: Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android.

That way, you will not have any excuse anymore to not review your last mission, on you cell phone, in the bus, on your way to work ;)

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• A branch new Lua SDK is now available to create custom addons
  • Added preliminary support of DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and J-11A
  • Added an option to export DCS World terrain from the exporter (manual or predefined)
  • Added support for zipped STRM1 and SRTM3 files
  • Integrated DCS: Persian Gulf Map 2.5.2
  • Updated DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map to 2.5.2
  • Updated DCS: Caucasus map to 2.5.2
  • Updated DCS: Normandy 1944 Map to 2.5.2
  • Integrated IL-2 terrain texture pack declaration from Lefuneste (http://tacview.net/download/addons#il2)
  • Added an option to disable custom textures
  • It is now possible to edit the position of static objects like bullseyes
  • Added support for triangular terrain custom textures projection to be compatible with IL-2 maps
  • Camera view is now reset when starting real-time telemetry recording
  • Double-click does not switch anymore to/from full screen if shift or ctrl are pressed
  • Improved support of objects dropped from aircraft in DCS World
  • Added preliminary support for P3D native weapons
  • Added [/DisplayFrameRate:on] command line option to display the frame rate in the 3D view
  • Improved a bit the performances on lower-end computers
  • Improved time-shift tool ergonomics
  • Added /RealOnly:true command line option to disable export capabilities
  • Added /ResourceFolder:"xxx" command line option to specify additional content directory
  • Improved ergonomics of the add/edit object dialog box
  • Added ATC style label with speed in Mach
  • Labels of disabled objects are not displayed anymore unless selected
  • Current time is now displayed as an ISO-8601 string in the 3D view
  • Object position is now displayed in the 3D view only when pressing SHIFT
  • Improved important objects list readability
  • Media are automatically synchronized if the date is provided in the filename in ISO 8601 (like 20180807T211323Z)
  • Added /SessionProductKey:"xxx" command line option to use a specific product key only for the current session

FIXES

• Custom quad terrain projection was not always working properly
  • Fixed random cracks in SRTM1, SRTM3, EECH, and DCS World terrain
  • Improved acmi file merge with improper time stamps
  • Invalid numbers INF and NAN are now gracefully handled by the acmi file importer
  • Panning speed of the maximum zoom in satellite view was too fast
  • Files recorded in the NTTR map were a bit larger than in other maps
  • Objects outline was not properly displayed when terrain was set to 3D water
  • The TacviewGameGUI.lua script for DCS World was not properly uninstalled
  • Mirage 2000 AA missiles names are incorrect in DCS World 2.5.0.15365
  • The telemetry displayed between selected objects is now properly placed regardless of the point of view
  • Fixed rare random crash when loading 3D models
  • It was possible anymore to time-shift an object which does not have exist in time (like a bullseye)
  • The objects lists were not always updated during real-time telemetry recording

Previous Improvements

Missed an update? Here is a summary of the previously introduced improvements:

• 1.7.2: Brand new Lua SDK to create custom addons, improved 3D performance, numerous fixes
  • 1.7.1: Numerous fixes and minor improvements
  • 1.7.0: Brand new objects database, numerous new 3D models, media playback
  • 1.6.4: Numerous fixes and improvements
  • 1.6.3: Added cockpit instruments, IL-2, support for custom textures/orthophotos, and improved remote controls
  • 1.6.2: Improved remote controls, improved DCS World exporter, numerous fixes
  • 1.6.1: Fixed online debriefing, added fuel telemetry, and preliminary support of IL-2
  • 1.6.0: Real-time telemetry and instructor remote control
  • 1.5.4: Improvements and fixes for the new DCS World exporter
  • 1.5.3: Brand new exporter for DCS World offering a smoother flight experience and more telemetry data
  • 1.5.2: German translation by Marcus Carra and numerous fixes
  • 1.5.1: Support for X-Plane, rewritten FSX2ACMI, improved ACMI 2.1 format, objects creation and edition tools
  • 1.5.0: New telemetry engine & file format, more accurate replays, Spanish translation by Miguel Víctores Franco
  • 1.4.3: Support for custom terrain textures and static objects KML files
  • 1.4.2: Advanced BMS 4.33 support, 4 hours long trails, new telemetry tools, debug log
  • 1.4.1: Improved online debriefing, Falcon 4.33, DCS World 2.0, and performances with Radeon graphic cards
  • 1.4.0: Online debriefing, Garmin G1000, KML files, DCS World 1.5, bookmarks, improved RTL languages support
  • 1.3.4: DCS World Nevada terrain and Hawk T.1A support, improved 3D labels, objects list, and DTC files support
  • 1.3.3: DCS MiG-15bis, Falcon 4.0 DTC files, fullscreen, telemetry walls, improved declutter
  • 1.3.2: Telemetry in 3D labels, de-clutter, improved auto-scale, support for SRTM1 terrain, bookmarks for MiG-21
  • 1.3.1: DCS World Bf 109K-4, large Falcon 4.0 theaters, FSX2ACMI auto-launch, TrackIR, grey destroyed objects
  • 1.3.0: Strategic view, custom Falcon 4.0 theaters, lift vector, Chinese translation by 张炯 'Billeinstein' & 姚尧 '@6'
  • 1.2.8: FSX & Prepar3D support, Falcon 4 BMS Ikaros theater, Improved DCS World and CSV files support
  • 1.2.7: DCS World MiG-21bis, Fw 190 & F-86F support, improved auto-scale, roll-rate
  • 1.2.6: Distant objects auto-scale, file merge, CSV flight recordings, CSV flight log export, Aspect angle
  • 1.2.5: DCS World Steam edition support, improved advanced telemetry, doubled trail size
  • 1.2.4: Improved DCS World support
  • 1.2.3: DCS World 1.2.3 support
  • 1.2.2: Fixed a crash when opening a file in Windows XP (regression)
  • 1.2.1: Added turn-rate and turn-radius, added 'border' static objects, improved performance
  • 1.2.0: DCS World support, advanced telemetry (radar-locks, IAS, gears, flaps...), improved Falcon 4.0 support
  • 1.1.1: DCS: Black Shark 2 support, Falcon 4 Israel theater
  • 1.1.0: Native Falcon 4.0 support, telemetry data export in CSV, lag filtering, support for Steam versions of DCS
  • 1.0.0: DCS: A-10C Warthog support, improved HUD, G, AOA, Mach, charts, GPX files support, worldwide basemap
  • 0.9.5: Flaming Cliffs 2 support, DCS recordings are about 3 times smaller, customisable recording folder
  • 0.9.4: EECH support, improved file format, improved performance, added Corsica and Nellis terrain
  • 0.9.3: Black-Shark support, ballistic weapons, accurate Lock-On terrain, new labels, sun, uses 40% less memory
  • 0.9.2: Preliminary support for Black-Shark, customizable GUI, improved flight recordings compression, properties
  • 0.9.1: Lock-On runways, public file format, Windows Vista support, Falcon 4.0 theaters, Digital Fighters support
  • 0.9.0: Improved 3D landscape, ribbon trails, SAM/AAA domes, free camera, automatic export script installation
  • 0.8.5: Flight log can now be exported in XML format, vertical speed displayed in m/min or ft/min
  • 0.8.4: Cockpit view, french translation, 3D-view objects selection, static objects, airports names
  • 0.8.3: Added support for Cyrillic, Imperial units and compressed binary files
  • 0.8.2: More accurate and comprehensive events log
  • 0.8.1: Export script is now compatible with other add-ons like LotAtc
  • 0.8.0: Fixed a crash while loading some flight recordings
Edited by Vyrtuoz

Tacview 1.7.2 and it's Lua SDK are available now!

Tacview 1.7.2 is available

NOTICE: Make sure you have downloaded and installed the new Tacview 1.7.2 package from 2018-08-22 which fixes the 3D models randomly displayed as cubes.

• Release Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018

Time to get your hands on the brand-new Lua SDK!

This release is a big step forward more customization: I have integrated Lua 5.3.4 in Tacview and started to develop an easy to use API. Now, anyone with some programing skills can create addons to extend existing features and even add new features to Tacview!
How to create your own addon?

• Create a sub folder named after your addon in C:\ProgramData\Tacview\AddOns\
  • Create a file named "main.lua" in this folder (it will be automatically loaded at Tacview startup). It will look like C:\ProgramData\Tacview\AddOns\My Addon\main.lua
  • At the beginning of your script, reference the latest API like the following: local Tacview = require("Tacview172")
  • Now you can use any of the features documented in C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\AddOns\Tacview Lua * Interface.txt to create your own addon!
  • LuaSocket 3.0 which has been integrated in Tacview and ready to fulfill all of your connectivity needs! Just reference it as usual: socket = require("socket")

Keep in mind that this is a first iteration. While the current API is still relatively limited, new features will be added over the coming releases. Just let me know whatever you need. I will do my best to add more Lua functions, so everyone can develop the addon of your dream.

Have a look at the samples are available in C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\AddOns\

The most notable example is the Landing Signal Officer (currently in development) which (will) displays an LSO view when you select an aircraft carrier as switch to cockpit view. This addon will soon automatically score landing attempts.

Tacview-Lua-SDK.png

Notable improvements for DCS World

A new option has been added to DCS World option page: Terrain Export.

No need any more to wait for a new release of Tacview every time a map has been updated! Simply select [Predefined Terrain] if you want to re-export a terrain which has already been integrated in Tacview, or [Unknown Terrain] if you want to export a brand-new map. Then launch a mission in the center of the map and wait patiently for the load to complete. The exporter will automatically export all the surrounding tiles in C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Terrain\DCS World\

It is a long operation: It will look like DCS is frozen at the end of the mission load. This is normal, just wait for 1 to 10 minutes (depending on your system) for the terrain to be exported. As soon as you are in the mission, return to the main menu and disable the terrain export feature (to not wait 10 minutes the next time you launch a mission!).

Now, the next time you will launch Tacview, it will display the terrain tiles you have just created!

This very feature was used to integrate the Persian map in Tacview and to update the other maps with the latest version of DCS World. Some airports may not be visible, this is normal, they are not part of the terrain, they will be manually added in future updates of Tacview.

Tacview-DCS-World-Terrain-Export.jpg

Notable improvements for IL-2

Thanks to the work of Lefuneste, you can now display IL-2 maps in Tacview!

• Simply download the texture pack from http://tacview.net/download/addons/[/li]
  • Unpack its content so it looks like: C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Textures\IL2-BoK.jpg[/li]
  • Then relaunch Tacview and make sure custom textures and either automatic or IL-2 terrain is selected.[/li]

Again, many thanks to Lefuneste for his excellent work!

Tacview-Lefuneste-IL2-Terrain-Textures.j

What's next?

My current plan is to continue to update Tacview 1.x and to use it as a test bed for the new features which will be available in Tacview 2.x.

Indeed, I have started to work part-time on Tacview 2, working first on all the necessary tools to develop it. The goal is to offer you an even more intuitive, fresh and modern UI, a smoother experience on low-end systems, and easier and more customization possibilities, on all platforms: Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android.

That way, you will not have any excuse anymore to not review your last mission, on you cell phone, in the bus, on your way to work ;)

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• A branch new Lua SDK is now available to create custom addons
  • Added preliminary support of DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and J-11A
  • Added an option to export DCS World terrain from the exporter (manual or predefined)
  • Added support for zipped STRM1 and SRTM3 files
  • Integrated DCS: Persian Gulf Map 2.5.2
  • Updated DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map to 2.5.2
  • Updated DCS: Caucasus map to 2.5.2
  • Updated DCS: Normandy 1944 Map to 2.5.2
  • Integrated IL-2 terrain texture pack declaration from Lefuneste (http://tacview.net/download/addons#il2)
  • Added an option to disable custom textures
  • It is now possible to edit the position of static objects like bullseyes
  • Added support for triangular terrain custom textures projection to be compatible with IL-2 maps
  • Camera view is now reset when starting real-time telemetry recording
  • Double-click does not switch anymore to/from full screen if shift or ctrl are pressed
  • Improved support of objects dropped from aircraft in DCS World
  • Added preliminary support for P3D native weapons
  • Added [/DisplayFrameRate:on] command line option to display the frame rate in the 3D view
  • Improved a bit the performances on lower-end computers
  • Improved time-shift tool ergonomics
  • Added /RealOnly:true command line option to disable export capabilities
  • Added /ResourceFolder:"xxx" command line option to specify additional content directory
  • Improved ergonomics of the add/edit object dialog box
  • Added ATC style label with speed in Mach
  • Labels of disabled objects are not displayed anymore unless selected
  • Current time is now displayed as an ISO-8601 string in the 3D view
  • Object position is now displayed in the 3D view only when pressing SHIFT
  • Improved important objects list readability
  • Media are automatically synchronized if the date is provided in the filename in ISO 8601 (like 20180807T211323Z)
  • Added /SessionProductKey:"xxx" command line option to use a specific product key only for the current session

FIXES

• Custom quad terrain projection was not always working properly
  • Fixed random cracks in SRTM1, SRTM3, EECH, and DCS World terrain
  • Improved acmi file merge with improper time stamps
  • Invalid numbers INF and NAN are now gracefully handled by the acmi file importer
  • Panning speed of the maximum zoom in satellite view was too fast
  • Files recorded in the NTTR map were a bit larger than in other maps
  • Objects outline was not properly displayed when terrain was set to 3D water
  • The TacviewGameGUI.lua script for DCS World was not properly uninstalled
  • Mirage 2000 AA missiles names are incorrect in DCS World 2.5.0.15365
  • The telemetry displayed between selected objects is now properly placed regardless of the point of view
  • Fixed rare random crash when loading 3D models
  • It was possible anymore to time-shift an object which does not have exist in time (like a bullseye)
  • The objects lists were not always updated during real-time telemetry recording

Previous Improvements

Missed an update? Here is a summary of the previously introduced improvements:

• 1.7.2: Brand new Lua SDK to create custom addons, improved 3D performance, numerous fixes
  • 1.7.1: Numerous fixes and minor improvements
  • 1.7.0: Brand new objects database, numerous new 3D models, media playback
  • 1.6.4: Numerous fixes and improvements
  • 1.6.3: Added cockpit instruments, IL-2, support for custom textures/orthophotos, and improved remote controls
  • 1.6.2: Improved remote controls, improved DCS World exporter, numerous fixes
  • 1.6.1: Fixed online debriefing, added fuel telemetry, and preliminary support of IL-2
  • 1.6.0: Real-time telemetry and instructor remote control
  • 1.5.4: Improvements and fixes for the new DCS World exporter
  • 1.5.3: Brand new exporter for DCS World offering a smoother flight experience and more telemetry data
  • 1.5.2: German translation by Marcus Carra and numerous fixes
  • 1.5.1: Support for X-Plane, rewritten FSX2ACMI, improved ACMI 2.1 format, objects creation and edition tools
  • 1.5.0: New telemetry engine & file format, more accurate replays, Spanish translation by Miguel Víctores Franco
  • 1.4.3: Support for custom terrain textures and static objects KML files
  • 1.4.2: Advanced BMS 4.33 support, 4 hours long trails, new telemetry tools, debug log
  • 1.4.1: Improved online debriefing, Falcon 4.33, DCS World 2.0, and performances with Radeon graphic cards
  • 1.4.0: Online debriefing, Garmin G1000, KML files, DCS World 1.5, bookmarks, improved RTL languages support
  • 1.3.4: DCS World Nevada terrain and Hawk T.1A support, improved 3D labels, objects list, and DTC files support
  • 1.3.3: DCS MiG-15bis, Falcon 4.0 DTC files, fullscreen, telemetry walls, improved declutter
  • 1.3.2: Telemetry in 3D labels, de-clutter, improved auto-scale, support for SRTM1 terrain, bookmarks for MiG-21
  • 1.3.1: DCS World Bf 109K-4, large Falcon 4.0 theaters, FSX2ACMI auto-launch, TrackIR, grey destroyed objects
  • 1.3.0: Strategic view, custom Falcon 4.0 theaters, lift vector, Chinese translation by 张炯 'Billeinstein' & 姚尧 '@6'
  • 1.2.8: FSX & Prepar3D support, Falcon 4 BMS Ikaros theater, Improved DCS World and CSV files support
  • 1.2.7: DCS World MiG-21bis, Fw 190 & F-86F support, improved auto-scale, roll-rate
  • 1.2.6: Distant objects auto-scale, file merge, CSV flight recordings, CSV flight log export, Aspect angle
  • 1.2.5: DCS World Steam edition support, improved advanced telemetry, doubled trail size
  • 1.2.4: Improved DCS World support
  • 1.2.3: DCS World 1.2.3 support
  • 1.2.2: Fixed a crash when opening a file in Windows XP (regression)
  • 1.2.1: Added turn-rate and turn-radius, added 'border' static objects, improved performance
  • 1.2.0: DCS World support, advanced telemetry (radar-locks, IAS, gears, flaps...), improved Falcon 4.0 support
  • 1.1.1: DCS: Black Shark 2 support, Falcon 4 Israel theater
  • 1.1.0: Native Falcon 4.0 support, telemetry data export in CSV, lag filtering, support for Steam versions of DCS
  • 1.0.0: DCS: A-10C Warthog support, improved HUD, G, AOA, Mach, charts, GPX files support, worldwide basemap
  • 0.9.5: Flaming Cliffs 2 support, DCS recordings are about 3 times smaller, customisable recording folder
  • 0.9.4: EECH support, improved file format, improved performance, added Corsica and Nellis terrain
  • 0.9.3: Black-Shark support, ballistic weapons, accurate Lock-On terrain, new labels, sun, uses 40% less memory
  • 0.9.2: Preliminary support for Black-Shark, customizable GUI, improved flight recordings compression, properties
  • 0.9.1: Lock-On runways, public file format, Windows Vista support, Falcon 4.0 theaters, Digital Fighters support
  • 0.9.0: Improved 3D landscape, ribbon trails, SAM/AAA domes, free camera, automatic export script installation
  • 0.8.5: Flight log can now be exported in XML format, vertical speed displayed in m/min or ft/min
  • 0.8.4: Cockpit view, french translation, 3D-view objects selection, static objects, airports names
  • 0.8.3: Added support for Cyrillic, Imperial units and compressed binary files
  • 0.8.2: More accurate and comprehensive events log
  • 0.8.1: Export script is now compatible with other add-ons like LotAtc
  • 0.8.0: Fixed a crash while loading some flight recordings
Edited by Vyrtuoz
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I've got Tacview working for tracks of single player flights, but I have yet to be able to use it for tracks recorded in Multiplayer servers (such as WoL).  On the website it says "By default, IL‑2 Sturmovik does not record online flights. You can enable data recording by editing the *.sds configuration file on the host computer. Make sure the following line is present in it: TacviewRecord=true"

Where are these *.sds files and where can I find them?  Is this only applicable to people actually running a server, but not people just connecting to it?

Edited by SeaSerpent

4 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

Is this only applicable to people actually running a server, but not people just connecting to it?

Server controlled is my understanding. 

This setting is on the server only. I believe this is to prevent cheating by default…

The files are in IL-2 installation folder, something like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Multiplayer\*.sds

Edited by Vyrtuoz

On 7/26/2018 at 5:46 AM, Vyrtuoz said:

IL-2 Sturmovik is exporting the name of the user and it is being recorded in ACMI but it is applied to the name field and not the pilot field. In raw telemetry dialog the name is seen in full. Tacview is recognizing it as Pe-2 type and only showing "Pe-2" as the tag ID despite the long string in name.

Example

Name=Pe-2 ser.35 - Frederf

But IL-2 Sturmovik is missing Pilot= field which is easy enough for Tacview to guess, it is the string after " - " in name field. If Tacview could look and see that Pilot field is null then it could write the user name from name field into it and it would be displayed as normal.

While it is true that IL-2 exports the player name, the fact is that it is in an inappropriate place.

I do not want to add a hack to support the character ‘-‘ as a separator for the pilot name. Because this would break the acmi format, and by doing so, the compatibility with other flight simulators as well as real-life telemetry data…

I have suggested an easy fix to the IL-2 dev team, let’s hope they will include it in a coming patch.

Edited by Vyrtuoz

A fix for Tacview 1.7.2 network connectivity been published

Download: HERE

NOTICE: Make sure you have downloaded and installed the new Tacview 1.7.2 package from 2018-09-05 which fixes the 3D models randomly displayed as cubes as well as network connectivity issues.

• Release Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018

The initial release of Tacview 1.7.2 was not able to establish a connection to a remote computer (real-time telemetry, online debriefing, and remote controls). It was because of a very subtle regression in Tacview net code. Thanks to your feedback and the help of the community, I was able to narrow down and fix the issue.

Now you can enjoy anew online debriefings in a comfortable environment!

Edited by Vyrtuoz

Tacview 1.7.3 is available

NOTICE: Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest package from 2018-09-27 which fixes a crash related to P3D weapons.

• Release Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018
  • File Size: 239.8 MB

Aside numerous fixes, this update mainly brings a brand-new C++ SDK. For support reasons, this SDK is currently available only to Tacview Enterprise users. It may eventually become available to the public, but this will be for a later update.

Now, this also means that the Lua SDK available to everyone has been improved! It offers an extended API so you can draw more things in the 3D view and better analyze the telemetry of active objects.

Don’t forget that you can press CTRL+R to instantaneously reload your Lua scripts. Very handy for quick development!

The documentation available in C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\AddOns\ has been updated. And more samples have been added for Lua as well as for C++ addons. Since the API is identical for both languages, you can grab ideas from any sample and almost just copy/paste the code in your own creation.

If you need more API function, just let me know, I will be glad to add them to the next releases.

To close the loop, Tacview 1.7.4 will finally bring a C# SDK which will offer identical features as the Lua and C++ APIs.

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Brand new C++ SDK to create addons for for Tacview Enterprise
  • Current UTC time is displayed again in orange in the 3d view
  • Added support for torpedoes
  • Add-ons custom menus are now sorted in alphabetical order
  • Integrated Aegean theater v2.0 for BMS 4.33.5 (terrain and objects database)
  • Added South Africa country definition to DCS World exporter
  • Improved FSX/P3D/SuperBug support

FIXES

• Fixed a rare crash when merging, one by one, files containing incoherent data
  • Fixed artifacts at the junctions of terrain tiles (Tacview 1.7.2 regression)
  • Fixed altitude in ATC labels was not properly displayed for objects under water level like submarines or torpedoes

Tacview173.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz

thank you for the update even if I do not find that there is a big change.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Pirate Bay YIFY RARBG

Edited by madden

zn9b1AI.jpg

Tacview 1.7.4 is available

• Release Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018
  • File Size: 262.6 MB

Behold the new trimming tool! With it, you can now select and keep only the most relevant part of your last flight. Share smaller files with your friends and enjoy debriefings which go right to the point!

This version also brings the long-awaited C# SDK for Tacview Enterprise customers. With an API which is virtually identical to the Lua and C++ ones, it is now possible to quickly develop powerful addons for Tacview.

Dedicated to BMS pilots: Thanks to Olivier Beaumont aka “Red Dog”, Tacview now offers by default the maps of the most popular BMS battlefields. No more fussing with download and configuration files, enjoy right away more comfortable debriefings over Korea, ITO, Aegean and the Balkans. To reduce the installer size, I have not included all the possible maps, so just let me know if you think that I have missed an important theater map which should be in Tacview by default.

I am planning to integrate IL-2 maps from Lefuneste in Tacview 1.7.5.

As usual, this version brings a few fixes as well as some optimizations in the telemetry manager. Check the release notes for more details.

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Added brand new C# SDK to develop addons (Tacview Enterprise)
  • Integrated BMS VFR maps from Olivier Beaumont aka Red Dog (http://www.combatsimchecklist.net/)
  • Added a tool to trim telemetry data before and after current point in time
  • It is now possible to remove objects from the telemetry data
  • Optimized the telemetry manager: file loading is now 15% faster

FIXES

• Fixed minor bugs in Lua and C++ APIs
  • Only valid DLL add-ons are now added to the Add-ons menu (secondary DLL are now ignored)
  • Tacview does not crash anymore when trying to load a DLL addon with invalid dependencies

Tacview174.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz

18 minutes ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Nice feature. But I am worried. I read on the forum on Wings of liberty some people is using this for cheating

Cheaters will always find a way to cheat, but that's no reason to get rid of useful functionality.  Maybe one day the IL-2 devs can add in an export delay feature to the server software similar to DCS that delays the export of data to tools like by several minutes to deter hacking.  FYI - I'm assuming that delayed data export is currently not a IL2 server feature but may be wrong...I really don't keep up with the multiplayer server features.

zn9b1AI.jpg

Tacview 1.7.5 is available

• Release Date: Wed, 19 Dec 201
  • File Size: 268.0 MB

This intermediate release brings a lot of improvements and fixes. The object database has been extended to better support your favorite flight simulator.

The telemetry exporter has been rewritten from scratch. Available in Tacview Advanced and Enterprise, it replaces the tool which was previously accessible from the charts. With the new exporter you can now save any telemetry variable (recorded or calculated) from any object in a single csv file. No need any more to export one by one each object variable in a separate file. It is now easier than ever to compile and analyze the telemetry data of your choice in your favorite spreadsheet.

I am now focusing more and more my efforts on Tacview 2: The goal is to offer you a brand-new platform with improved performances, fidelity, ergonomics, portability, all in a fully customizable package!

Best wishes to you all!

Vyrtuoz

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Added brand new telemetry export tool to export any possible data
  • Added BMS Pillars of Hercules theater map
  • Integrated Aegean 2.2 for BMS
  • Static objects declared in DTC files are now displayed only when Falcon 4 terrain is visible
  • Added support for waypoints in the telemetry
  • Added option to display current Track (TRK) in object labels
  • Added a new camera mode which looks forward of the primary object
  • Added WWI aircraft for IL-2
  • Added an option to always display position coordinates in the 3D view

FIXES

• Labels color should be inverted for weapons (old regression)
  • Improved support of corrupted uncompressed acmi files (typically after a DCS World crash)
  • Opening a VHS file by double-click or drag & drop was not working on a fresh install
  • Numerous fixes in improvement to the SDK
  • The label between selected objects was sometime displayed in a random position

1075786500187529216.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz

Tacview holiday sale has started!

From Dec 21st to Jan 4th, 40% off Tacview Standard and Tacview Advanced licenses including group buy.

http://tacview.net/purchase/

If you want to upgrade your Tacview Standard edition to Tacview Advanced, please send me an email with your name and current product key. I will give you back a coupon to buy the upgrade at the reduced price.

Do not worry if I do not answer right away, be assured that you will get a reply as soon as possible.

1076197417488470016.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the heads up!

I have fixed the link, it should work now.

• Like 1

For IL-2 are there stats within Tacview Standard that show shots fired and hits, bomb and rocket hits, etc.?

When you have 2 planes selected in tacview, there is a label box that shows distance and orientation between the 2 adversaries (hot, cold, etc)   Is there a way to remove that label box without unselecting one of the planes in telemetry? I find it's always in the way, and often hides one of the planes I'm wishing to view.

On 1/16/2019 at 3:09 PM, [Pb]Bones18 said:

When you have 2 planes selected in tacview, there is a label box that shows distance and orientation between the 2 adversaries (hot, cold, etc)   Is there a way to remove that label box without unselecting one of the planes in telemetry? I find it's always in the way, and often hides one of the planes I'm wishing to view.

Yes you can.

Right click on the box in the centre top of screen (which shows the same data) and uncheck the last item in the pop up menu "Display in 3D view".

Tacview.jpg

Edited by HotPursuit

On 1/15/2019 at 12:35 PM, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

For IL-2 are there stats within Tacview Standard that show shots fired and hits, bomb and rocket hits, etc.?

There is currently no summary of shots and hits. I have planned to do so in a later update, certainly for Tacview 2.0.

For now, the closest data available are the shot/hit visible in the event log window.

• Thanks 1

I find it impossible to record long sorties, because the track files stucks @ 500 mb limit and stops recording, so does the ACMI file and you have to restart it.

Is it possible to record ACMI-file for TacView without ingame track?

It looks like a limitation of IL-2. It's a shame, because I bet that the acmi file is still quite small compared to the track file when this happens.

Like you guessed, the only solution for now it so stop/restart the data recording time to time to split it in several files.

Yes, the ACMI file for ~500 mb track is a little over 10 mb

Oh, well, БЖСЭ™

Merging works flawlessly in Tacview, just multi-open all the tracks (acmi's) with the same name (last 2 digits are incremental numbers of your current session) and they are merged in correct order.

But yes, the problem still is that you have to notice that track is no longer being recorded.

Posted (edited)

zn9b1AI.jpg

Tacview 1.7.6 is available

• Release Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019
  • File Size: 269.0 MB

This intermediate release brings a lot of fixes and improvements requested by both the community and professional users.

While I am focusing more and more on the development of Tacview 2.0, it is going to take some time before we can put our hands on a first beta version. Meanwhile the Tacview 1.8.0 is already on its way and will continue developing further the capabilities required for professional military debriefings, like a brand-new real-time shot log which will eventually replace the aged flight log.

Tacview 2.0 conception phase is still open, so feel free to share your ideas and suggestions here. Even if everything single whish may not be granted, be assured that I am always taking all your feedback in consideration.

Fly safe!
Vyrtuoz

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Improved support for VRS Tacpack/Superbug, vACMI & FSX@War (special thanks to Asid [D.O.W])
  • Integrated Aegean 2.4 for BMS
  • It is now possible to edit object properties by right clicking on it in the 3D view
  • Added preliminary support of DCS: F-14 Tomcat
  • Added preliminary support of DCS: MiG-19P Farmer
  • Added keyboard shortcuts to quickly change playback speed
  • Increased mouse wheel zoom resolution
  • Improved threat domes display
  • New option to always display the bullseye
  • Added an option to hide important objects list from the 3D view
  • Destroyed aircraft are now still displayed in the important objects list
  • Moved display cockpit instruments option to the settings menu
  • Turn rate is now displayed with one decimal in objects labels
  • Nautical mile distances are now displayed with two decimal places
  • Playback speed is now displayed when nonstandard and paused
  • Fonts and cockpit instruments are now clearer
  • Added SDK functions to control playback
  • Added SDK setting to hide the HUD and latitude, longitude grid
  • It is now possible to define an object parent in telemetry data

FIXES

• Improved support of 4K and higher resolution screens
  • ISO time used for automatic synchronization was not properly read from media filenames
  • SDK menu callbacks were garbage collected too early leading to "random" crashes in C# addons
  • In some rare cases shells and bullets could be displayed as a box
  • Telemetry between selected objects was sometime displayed in the bottom/left corner of the 3D view
  • No error was displayed when attempting to read a zip file with no supported data in it (trk or xlsx files)
  • The 3D view is now always updated after activating an addon command via a menu
  • Addons menu entries will not be alphabetically sorted anymore

Tacview176.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Salute!

Just discovered Tacview.

wow.

A+++

Great stuff.

It took me while to realise that it uses the same keybinding as the in game track recorder...

( FYI: I was using LCtrl + R but nothing was happening...  I have a custom track record button assignment...I got there in the end. : -  ) )

Can we convert old .trk files to .acmi  ??? 

I have these rilly rilly great fights I want to look at....

This is hecking awesome!

504653455_TacviewPlankI-16muckingabout.thumb.jpg.59cebcd114b7194844d9757476dfbc49.jpg

Salute!

Planky.

Edited by Plank

1 hour ago, Plank said:

Can we convert old .trk files to .acmi  ???

Nope. Completely different format.

Posted (edited)

Ok rgr that.

and here is a screen grab of a fight today against a 109 in an I-16. They spun in after I chased them... oops.

The pesky little blighter's definitely can pull out tighter and maneuver better in certain circumstances. Darn it.

You can see in the last dive that I am shallow and pull out slow ... I try to avoid the dive of doom now. : - )

1723742891_TacViewI-16vsBf109G2.thumb.jpg.da9c3472094ebf7b66593be32f73f23c.jpg

Can't seem to do a full screen pic... great program! actually considering paying for it! * drops ashtray/brandy/Webley *

Fun!

Salute!

Planky.

Edited by Plank

Hello maker of Tacview!

Really enjoying the scrub bar and seeing how things stack up in the dog fight.

I would like to suggest a couple of things:

1) Is it possible to adjust the trails so that they don't fade out? A check box would be cool. : - ) 

To be able to zoom out and look at the whole engagement is good but squinting to see the trails is less than optimal. ( for me...)

169204486_Fadingouttrails.thumb.jpg.fa0ef3056d00d8e45d24339dc86728c9.jpg

2) The Huge yellow ball when an enemy plane is hit is quite, er,  distracting.  I would like to continue watching the enemy plane ! Another check box? Please!

1174548031_bigyellowball.thumb.jpg.46d18d86b279bedb75aa981644d7cbb8.jpg

Dang this is good stuff. This is cool. Heck! I am converted!

S!

Planky.

Posted (edited)

freeflight I-16 Planking it .txt.zip

A quick wee fly in the I-16... I have marked two whoopsies at the top of zoom climbs which look cool. : - )

.Zip file should self extract if not use winRar ....

Trying out my new stick and seeing how it goes tossing the plane about. Seems ok. yey!

Salute!

Planky.

PS I found the streamer control !!! ha, right in front of me.

Edited by Plank

Planky the trails can be lengthened but after playing the track it begins to look like a birds nest. 😀

• Haha 1