Sign in to follow this  
Bearfoot

Comparison of Oculus CV1, Vive, PiMax 4k w/NoloVR

Interesting to note that he rated the tracking of the Rift over the Vive due to the seated nature of the game. I'm at a loss as to why though, as tracking is as perfect seated in the Vive as it is when in room scale, and with all the benefits of the lighthouse tracking system, giving the Rift the win there seems odd.

Also the low FPS comments. Vive has asynchronous re-projection, which works very well. Not sure if the reviewer didn't locate where to turn it on, but I see none of the side effects like prop issues that Rift users are reporting.

I have not tried the Rift, so I cannot compare the two units myself.

Also the low FPS comments. Vive has asynchronous re-projection, which works very well. Not sure if the reviewer didn't locate where to turn it on, but I see none of the side effects like prop issues that Rift users are reporting.

I could be wrong, and I am sure (and hope) that someone will correct me if so, but ..

Vive's asyncrhonous reprojection is equivalent to the Rifts ATW, not the Rift's ASW.

When people run into issues with the prop effects in the Rift, they turn off Rift's ASW, and it falls back to ATW, making it equivalent to the Vive at this point. Under ATW, there are no more prop side-effects etc. at the cost of lowered performance enhancement relative to the ASW, on more on par with Vive's async projection. When ASW works, it really, really, really does work great -- making things really smooth. The times it runs into trouble is: always in DCS's spit; in IL2, occasionally when lots of objects are in the FOV (e.g., > 8-12 aircraft, in my case).