Sign in to follow this  
chris455

Hurricane

I know everyone probably has their favorite plane they would like to see in the series, please regard this as an inquiry rather than a plug - how likely is it that a Hawker Hurricane variant will be seen in the new IL2 series someday?

Have a great weekend all !

It's one of the most talked about aircraft to add, but whether or not it will ever happen is entirely unknown.

I think, it could be added after corresponging theater of operations will be added.

Almost 3,000 Hurricanes were supplied to the Soviet Union. No new theatre is required.

• Upvote 3

Somebody suggested a hurricane/IAR80 combo.

Allies would get an iconic aircraft, and axis would get something with lower wing loading for once. Plus, having a Romanian aircraft would just be very cool and flavorful.

Edited by hrafnkolbrandr
  • Upvote 1

Somebody suggested a hurricane/IAR80 combo.

Allies would get an iconic aircraft, and axis would get something with lower wing loading for once. Plus, having a Romanian aircraft would just be very cool and flavorful.

Yes, good choice for oncoming Odessa map.

But, both Gurricanes and IAR80 flew on Axis (Romanian side), Wait, oh shiiiiii.....

It's a nice have but it doesn't fit with the Dev timeline which is pretty narrow for a multitude of reasons. I'd happily buy it but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Almost 3,000 Hurricanes were supplied to the Soviet Union. No new theatre is required.

Absolutely - they even modified them (field modification) and they were used in a great amount.