Posted (edited)

Minor updates here from WitW.

• Added KG(J) 27' Fw 190 A8's to the DL section.
  • JG 26' D9's updated to their historical counterparts.
  • KG(J) 27' D9's updated to their historical counterparts.
  • Added two additional aircraft to the 646th to round it out to ten in total. 8U-I Cocksure and 8U-J Moral Dilemma.

Spoiler

foUFFcu.png

BwtKy1o.png

cEV40Zj.png

RSmZxPS.png

Edited by DetCord12B
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

A pic of a FW-190A-8 from the same unit of DetCords FW-190s, KG(J) 27. Make a nice historical bird to go with his excellent skins. 

No sure if black 4 has a white outline or maybe the color is yellow. The number outline  appears to be a slightly different shade than  the white portion of the fuselage band. My eyes can sometimes deceive me. lol

Anybody have any ideas?

InkedFw190checkband_LI.jpg

Very interesting picture, I have  seen it before on FalKeEins. I think the 3rd Gruppe bar ,as well as the black 4 could be either yellow or white outlined. The white outline could simply look darker that the one on the RVB because of the smaller surface. Either would be nice ....

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, DetCord12B said:

No. 174 added.

Great work as always!

If I ever make a model of a Hurricane in the 1941-45 day fighter scheme, I know what decals I’m using :biggrin:

hello detcord

your so fast I couldn't answer in time... first of all, thanks for those hurricanes.... second of all, after some research, I've found that the white bands were applied for the operation Rutter wich was cancelled because the luftwaffe has spotten the convoys and when finaly, the allies attackeds, operation Jubilee, the white band weren't applied on the planes.... so, if it's not too much to ask (and I know that skinning takes times) could you make a skinpack with no white bands....

by the way, your A8 of the KG(J)27 look great...a huge thanks for all those skins (and for making skinpacks, so much better than lonely planes)

On 3/31/2021 at 12:17 AM, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Great work as always!

If I ever make a model of a Hurricane in the 1941-45 day fighter scheme, I know what decals I’m using :biggrin:

I actually redid the roundels and markings from scratch. There was nothing wrong with them, I just felt they were too bright for my tastes.

On 3/31/2021 at 3:38 AM, imanuthep said:

hello detcord

your so fast I couldn't answer in time... first of all, thanks for those hurricanes.... second of all, after some research, I've found that the white bands were applied for the operation Rutter wich was cancelled because the luftwaffe has spotten the convoys and when finaly, the allies attackeds, operation Jubilee, the white band weren't applied on the planes.... so, if it's not too much to ask (and I know that skinning takes times) could you make a skinpack with no white bands....

by the way, your A8 of the KG(J)27 look great...a huge thanks for all those skins (and for making skinpacks, so much better than lonely planes)

I can do a personal pack for you w/o the Op. Rutter markings. Just make sure to not delete anything and overwrite when prompted as the associated files are needed for the gun pods.

JG 53 is next.

I like late-war weird, and these certainly qualify as late-war weird. Most of them feature a tri or quad color/camo pattern where one RLM was painted topside, another mid just below the top, and a tertiary below that. It's odd and something you don't see very often. It's almost like the Uberarschfikkeren in these units were either colorblind, drunk, or simply had no other paint options...probably a combination of all three. Still, sometimes you get colors and patterns where it's obvious the ground crews dedicated a lot of their free time camouflaging them by hand, as is evident by Y5.

Preview.

Spoiler

UbHvoiV.png

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1
On 4/5/2021 at 4:20 AM, Leifr said:

Det, I cannot appear to find you on the HSD tool. Are you planning on making your skins available there?

I won't be uploading anything until an EULA and content creator IP disclaimer is present. I've already been contacted by @haluter and @BlackHellHound1 via PM and have advised them of the dangers in not having these clauses present in their software upon user launch and have pointed them in the appropriate direction. They're in the process of implementing it and as soon as they do, I'll start uploading.

• Like 4
On 4/4/2021 at 6:56 AM, DetCord12B said:

It's almost like the Uberarschfikkeren in these units were either colorblind, drunk, or simply had no other paint options...probably a combination of all three.

Excellent job on the JG 53 liveries, as always.

As a native german speaker, I almost spilled my coffee after reading that sentence above. LOL! 🙃

BTW: the "Über-word" is correctly spelled with "ck" instead of "kk" 🙂

On 4/9/2021 at 10:16 AM, sevenless said:

Excellent job on the JG 53 liveries, as always.

As a native german speaker, I almost spilled my coffee after reading that sentence above. LOL! 🙃

BTW: the "Über-word" is correctly spelled with "ck" instead of "kk" 🙂

It seems to be funny, or at least important to understand the exact meaning of the painting process...

However, even with the correct spelling and google traduction, I can’t find the meaning.

Would you be kind enough to give us the exact point. I would like to spill my coffee too. Lol 😆 

5 minutes ago, DN308 said:

It seems to be funny, or at least important to understand the exact meaning of the painting process...

However, even with the correct spelling and google traduction, I can’t find the meaning.

Would you be kind enough to give us the exact point. I would like to spill my coffee too. Lol 😆 

Not important at all to understand the painting progress. The comedy for me in the moment I read that line cycles around the enthusiasm/creativity he used to create a totally new, yet totally believable swearword from scratch to describe the german guy (who either did or ordered the painting), using the german faible to create new nouns from composing many nouns together to one single word.

Like "Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänsmütze" (can you figure that one out?), but in above case for a swearword.