16 hours ago, ICDP said:

I have fixed that issue with the latest template (v3) release.

S%&t!

Man, I was hoping I was done with this series. Back to the drawing board. Thanks for the update though.

• Haha 1

Also it seems with the 190A8s the inside of the cowling was made invisible by the alpha.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Danziger said:

Also it seems with the 190A8s the inside of the cowling was made invisible by the alpha.

Yeah mate, I'm aware of it. I've been working with ICDP over the past week to narrow down the issue and fix it.

• Upvote 1

ICDP and I worked hand in hand to get the alpha issue resolved for the better part of a week. Unfortunately however, where one issue was resolved two more would pop-up and then several more after that. Therefore, I'm re-releasing the textures in their default alpha as provided in the template by default. It may be a bit too glossy for my tastes but it works, and that's all that ultimately matters.

You'll find the new download on the first page. Make sure you overwrite when prompted.

Also, as a means of apologizing for the issues and delays, I've included another historical F8 texture to round it out to four in total. There are differing opinions as to how the prop hub looked. I went with the alternate version.

Spoiler

HhBW7eu.png

Focke-Wulf-Fw-190F8-6.SG10-(Y14+-)-WNr-5

Edited by DetCord12B
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

G14 added. Belonging to an unknown unit, the aircraft was captured by advancing Soviet troops in eastern Germany. This is also more of a test version as I continue to work on the G14's weathering but it's more or less complete.

Spoiler

G4Ry1AF.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Really nice skins! If I may make a request though, could you please make a compilation of your skins? It'll take ages to download them all individually

On 10/8/2018 at 4:16 AM, Inkompetent said:

Really nice skins! If I may make a request though, could you please make a compilation of your skins? It'll take ages to download them all individually

Few if any want everything in a massive bundle only to have to sort out the one or two they want to use. So no, I won't be doing that.

That said, there is a spoiler tag at the end of the two initial posts titled Legacy Textures. These contain numerous skins for various aircraft. This is more or less what you're talking about.

G14 added. Belonging to JG53, the aircraft was captured by advancing Allied troops in Western Germany. This is also more of a test version as I continue to work on the G14's weathering.

Spoiler

vijQzdm.png

2 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Amazing skins Det!

No worries.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Found on my external.

These were versions I created with the 2K template prior to working with Rafi on what would become the 4K version, and I simply forgot about them. All three are historical and existed between 44-45 in Germany and during the evac from Czechoslovakia.

Spoiler

yRb4zjc.png

JFL73CQ.png

81dPZPv.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi Detcord,

is it possible to upgrade the yellow 14 skin to 4K? I really like this skin. Excellent job.

On 10/16/2018 at 5:56 PM, Voidhunger said:

Hi Detcord,

is it possible to upgrade the yellow 14 skin to 4K? I really like this skin. Excellent job.

On 10/16/2018 at 6:05 PM, FurphyForum said:

^^ALL are worthy of upgrade to 4K!! :good:

Unfortunately however, it's not possible as I held onto the DDS files and deleted the PSD. I could certainly go back and redo Y14 from scratch on the 4K template but the my custom weathering still needs a lot of work, which is why I'm hesitant about it.

My PC continues to have issues. Sometimes it boots to Windows, other times it doesn't at all. It looks as if I have multiple failing hardware components that are an issue. Narrowing down the culprit remains an problem, however. PPR leaks point to several components but there is little I can do about it.

Eventually it's all going to fail completely. Nothing I can do about it right now. It just seems to be a slow spiral down the hardware drawn as it were, and this is after spending almost $1200 on parts. If looks like I'm going to have to build a brand new PC from the ground up. I dread that.

So, no future updates here until this is resolved. Sorry and all, but it is what it is. In fact, I'm amazed it booted to Windows and I was able to login at all.

If you are getting Windows stuck at boot try removing all phsyical drives apart from the boot drive.  Basically disconnect the power or sata cable to each drive (it's actually quicker than doing it from BIOS).  Then the Windows boot drive to see how it behaves.  If you get no issues start plugging in your other drives until it starts failing again.

I had this issue only last week, Windows 10 would fail to get past the spinning loading circle.  I disconnected all data drives apart from the Windows one and Windows started working much better but by then the number of failed boots had made Windows unstable (slow loading times for my PSD Template files).  So I reformatted my PC and All was fine again.

Incidentally I found my non SSD Data Drives was causing Windows to fail it's boot process.  I backed up all important data and reformatted it and all OK so far, though I suspect a failure soon so I will replace it.

If it still happens it could be your windows partition drive.  Or if you have a spare HD and want a quick test, take all drives out of your PC and install the spare HD and install a fresh windows and drivers.  That will point to a corrupt OS or bad drive.

Edited by ICDP

Hey Det, sorry you're having boot up issues.  I've had them happen twice, and the first time was due to a bad drive.  Replacing it remedied the problem.  The second time was a bigger pain in the neck.  After much fiddling around, I decided to unplug every USB device except for my mouse and keyboard.  I then slowly added devices until I found the culprit, a dodgy USB port.  This was with Windows 7, and it would freeze as the four fancy colors were combining into the window on the boot screen.  No issues since ID'ing that bad port.  Worth a try anyway...

The liveries are here for anyone to download, thus it makes said aspect moot. I've already found not one, not two, not three, but four of my textures available via IL2 fan sites. Sites where the author is claimed to be someone other than myself, where the uploader has claimed authorship and where it is taken on word alone. Truth be told, I put an inordinate amount of time into these textures and to see them panned off to scabs and hacks irks me to no end.

Please stop uploading my content to third-party sites. Jesus...

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry to hear the trouble you are having with these people.  I personally know how annoying it can be to put massive amounts of work into skins and or templates and can feel your pain.  Creating a template in many ways is less time consuming than what you and other talented skinners do.

It doesn't take long using my templates to create a quick skin with the included camo and numbering layers.  But the work you and many others do goes way beyond that.  Pouring over sometimes low res and blurry images to get the camo, weathering and the markings just right can take many long hours.

I thank you for your excellent work.

• Upvote 1

Its a kicker that some people just want the glory but it goes with the territory. Its always happened and it does stop skinners sharing. I have a stock of Cpt Farrell skins for Clod. All claimed by someone else whose only addition to the skin plate was editing out the Credit Tag. Ive also had skins claimed by others who, when challenged claimed because they badly edited a tac number its was theirs. Mystic Puma likened it to the changing a coke bottle from red to blue and claiming you now owned the rights to the design. 

Not so much for me but certainly for people like you and Zargos (and other "top leaguers") is that your skins are almost as good as a finger print and so very hard to "pass off".

One thing to take though it that many many more people enjoy your work than want to claim credit for it. 

@ICDP I wouldn't diminish yours (or anyones) templates. They are an equal part of the finished product for the high end and a fine means of producing an acceptable skin for the rest. 

After a cascade of failing hardware from the PSU, to the Mobo, the RAM, CPU and many other hardware components, my new system is up and running. I was lucky enough to save the GPU as it was unaffected, but the prior hardware purchases that were made preceding the collapse are gone. Most were fried. It seems the (bad) PSU was sending wacked voltages to the various components that severely affected their life and did indeed, in some instances, ruin them completely.

Instead of building/rebuilding it myself I went with Digital Storm this time around. I know what people say about boutique systems and their cost but this was well worth it. The case, cable management, mobo, a 9700K OC'd to 5.3Ghz, and a RTX 2080 just eats IL-2 alive with my new 144Hz monitor. It's honestly unreal given my previous rig and I never expected this type of return, even remotely.

I look forward to jumping back in.

• Upvote 3

I've spent a total of 90 minutes with Win10 and I absolutely hate it. Was it designed to be this awful? It's the epitome of unintuitive.

EDIT - Why doesn't the search function work properly and what is the start menu a mess like I'm looking at a tablet?

6qXXCEY.jpg

Edited by DetCord12B

51 minutes ago, DetCord12B said:

After a cascade of failing hardware from the PSU, to the Mobo, the RAM, CPU and many other hardware components, my new system is up and running. I was lucky enough to save the GPU as it was unaffected, but the prior hardware purchases that were made preceding the collapse are gone. Most were fried. It seems the (bad) PSU was sending wacked voltages to the various components that severely affected their life and did indeed, in some instances, ruin them completely.

Instead of building/rebuilding it myself I went with Digital Storm this time around. I know what people say about boutique systems and their cost but this was well worth it. The case, cable management, mobo, a 9700K OC'd to 5.3Ghz, and a RTX 2080 just eats IL-2 alive with my new 144Hz monitor. It's honestly unreal given my previous rig and I never expected this type of return, even remotely.

I look forward to jumping back in.

Can you give a ballpark price for your new rig?

9 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Was it designed to be this awful?

Yes.

Welcome to the future. 

I had to have a class on it. Some things work in similar ways to previous versions but overall it is supposed to be like a mobile or tablet screen and layout. Apparently it's not as awful as Windows 8.

10 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

I've spent a total of 90 minutes with Win10 and I absolutely hate it. Was it designed to be this awful? It's the epitome of unintuitive.

EDIT - Why doesn't the search function work properly and what is the start menu a mess like I'm looking at a tablet?

6qXXCEY.jpg

I just upgraded to 10 from 8.1 and I think its brilliant. Everything was seamless. The only things I had to do were change my default audio devices back to where I had them, and update my Nvidia drivers. It feels very intuitive me, I've had no issues thus far, but I'm only about 3 weeks into it. Everything worked from the start. I'm glad I did the upgrade...and it was still free. 😁

On 1/9/2019 at 11:23 PM, Blitzen said:

Can you give a ballpark price for your new rig?

Without the GPU which I had and installed myself? $1700 USD. I'd take some photos of the steel case, fans, CPU liquid cooling system, cable management etc, but I dropped my phone in the toilet... 

Are you considering a move to a pre-built?

15 hours ago, Danziger said:

Yes.

Welcome to the future. 

I had to have a class on it. Some things work in similar ways to previous versions but overall it is supposed to be like a mobile or tablet screen and layout. Apparently it's not as awful as Windows 8.

It works great on a tablet, I have two. But I've never experienced it on an actual computer. Everything requires two, three, or even four more steps than it did in Win7. The UI is obtuse and intuitive, features or options from previous versions are gone or at worse hidden (for whatever reason), and the search function is absolute garbage just to name a few.

EDIT - Don't even get me started on metrics (spyware) MS included.

14 hours ago, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

I just upgraded to 10 from 8.1 and I think its brilliant. Everything was seamless. The only things I had to do were change my default audio devices back to where I had them, and update my Nvidia drivers. It feels very intuitive me, I've had no issues thus far, but I'm only about 3 weeks into it. Everything worked from the start. I'm glad I did the upgrade...and it was still free. 😁

Considering that Win8 had less than 7% of the market share throughout it's entire life span, that isn't saying much.

Edited by DetCord12B

The only thing that made me accept the Win10 upgrade from Win7 was the OS itself utilizes hardware more efficiently and gets more out of your CPU. So just the performance boost. For the first year I owned it the taskbar went in and out of even working. \

Glad to see you back up and running Det

• Upvote 1

@DetCord12B Windows 10 is pretty good when you get your head around it. It's pretty much got all the good bits of Win 7 such as stability etc and all the horrible stuff in Vista and 8 have been surgically removed! I immediately changed the interface back to 'Classic' and bingo! Seriously, stick with it and it'll grow on you.

• Upvote 1

I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and now, when I tried minimize the game to adjust the volume of other devices, the sim crashes and gets a no response mode. It did not happen to me with Win 7. It is very annoying because I cannot adjust the TeamSpeak volume and the sim volume.

• Sad 1

I was planning on doing a total of four for the 405th but since I'm hand jamming all of the custom emblems, logos, and insignia I decided to stop at two. It just consumes far too much time.

mWSc4rP.png

QrBpjuU.png

On 1/11/2019 at 1:18 AM, Field-Ops said:

The only thing that made me accept the Win10 upgrade from Win7 was the OS itself utilizes hardware more efficiently and gets more out of your CPU. So just the performance boost. For the first year I owned it the taskbar went in and out of even working. \

Glad to see you back up and running Det

I've certainly noticed that with regards to hardware.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DetCord12B said:

I've certainly noticed that with regards to hardware.

It's a given. DEFINITELY does that. Nice Thunderbolts, by the way.

I accidentally left the shadows layer off during the alpha creation so you'll need to redownload the file and overwrite when prompted. I've also included 2Z-J from the 510th FS of the 405th FG.

vJaiFpV.png

21 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

It's a given. DEFINITELY does that. Nice Thunderbolts, by the way.

I've noticed it also uses more RAM.

Edited by DetCord12B
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

I've noticed it also uses more RAM.

Hmmm... I haven't really noticed that. I'll have to give it a check. Mind you, I've been using it for so long now that I think it's a case of whatever will be will be!

On 1/17/2019 at 3:01 PM, Raptorattacker said:

Hmmm... I haven't really noticed that. I'll have to give it a check. Mind you, I've been using it for so long now that I think it's a case of whatever will be will be!

My mic all of a sudden stopped working with my Corsair headset. I already had to jump through like 7 more hoops, windows, settings, and hidden dialogues required to get it initially working (Win7 = plug, play, and done), but hey. Now it stopped all of a sudden. God I hate this OS. Not only is the GUI obtuse and and unintuitive, but every update breaks or resets other updates that then break other previous updates. I'm starting to take that RPS article to heart.

The fact that I could plug a headset into a USB port with Win7 and be good to go from start to finish and then attempt the same for Win10 and have everything s%$t the bed is outrageously ridiculous.