1 hour ago, catchthefoxes said:

those are great, are the skins downloadable?

Yes. Go to the first post in this thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

So I've started building the camo patterns for the G14 from the ground up. While these are somewhat specific to the next JG pack I'm working on, they also coincide with a sort of universal adopted pattern utilized in late 44-45. Of course the late war camo and color utilization varied from one squadron to the next, especially in relation to the theatre and specified AO or Area of Operations, but this is something I can alter and adjust from one JG to the next. If applicable of course.

WIP screens:

QFGuK8j.png

GR9rIKQ.png

rF0E8MP.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just perfect !

:good:

• Upvote 1

@DetCord12B

Nothing more to say, fantastic :)

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Almost done with camouflage, weathering, and signage. A JG5 pack is the first up followed by a potential JG77 pack. However, I'm tempted to wait to do JG77 until Rafi works his magic on the K4 as their aircraft had some really great color and camo pattern combinations.

zkgTIgi.png

On 6/8/2018 at 7:22 AM, RaFiGer said:

@DetCord12B

Nothing more to say, fantastic :)

I tried to adapt some of my earlier schemes to the G14 and it didn't quite feel right. So I'm going back and starting from scratch. Again, I just wanna say thank you for all the work you put into the template. Everyone greatly appreciates it.

Edited by DetCord12B
Image Removal
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

This is a test-bed version. Anyone can download this livery, however I'd appreciate any feedback, bug reports and any and all issues you might encounter when using it, no matter how small. Camo doesn't align? Report it. Missing camo sections? Report it. Signage/emblems in the wrong place or too large, to small etc etc etc. Report it. 

Spoiler

6eI4McA.png

DOWNLOAD

Posted (edited)

Trying to give my best:salute:

PS:  Are you planing some JG 7 skins too?

Thanks

Edited by Yankee_One

Posted (edited)

Hi Det,

on the right wing below the Balkenkreuz near the flaps i can see silver/light grey line. Its below the left portion of the wing Balkenkreuz.

You can barely see it, it doesnt matter if flaps are extended or retracted.

Am i right that the fuselage Balkenkreuz is green? Its only a statement. (I know some Balkenkreuze were filled up with paint)

Question:

Now i got used to it but why is the outer rim of the tailwheel white?

Sometimes ago i asked RafiGer and if i remember correctly it was a kind of reminder for him. Its his template, right?

Mainwheels and tailwheels whit white outlines where used in hot weather conditions i think you know that too.

The rest seems top notch.

S!

2018_6_11__4_45_38.jpg

Edited by Yankee_One
  • Upvote 2

Waooh ! These late war camo's are superb !

:good:

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:44 AM, DetCord12B said:

This is a test-bed version. Anyone can download this livery, however I'd appreciate any feedback, bug reports and any and all issues you might encounter when using it, no matter how small. Camo doesn't align? Report it. Missing camo sections? Report it. Signage/emblems in the wrong place or too large, to small etc etc etc. Report it. 

Hide contents

6eI4McA.png

DOWNLOAD

Hello Detcord,

Only looked at in the viewer so far

1) the cowl clips do not match the paint - this is most obvious on the 2 situated on the MG cowl in front of the windscreen, on the stb upper front latch and on the port latch behind the supercharger intake.

2) lower outer port leading edge slat has a rogue line of weathering

3) there are two hatches on the outer underside of the wings - both appear to have a misaligned shadow layer situated forward of them (a hangover from a previous template layer?)

4) The cover for the windscreen dicer bar on the top of the MG cowl doesn't match the paint

5) gun smoke residue on the port side engine cowl is sharply cut off

6) Prop Spiral has many notched and needs blending better

7) Holes such as the fuse jacking point and those around the stab and tail and those on the leading edge slats are solid black and not cut out of the alpha

Some personal taste stuff 

The very matte finish greatly reduces the ability of lighting model to bring out detail in the stressed metal and rivet indentation effects.

The panel lines lack definition and are too vague. I appreciate its taste and too much make it look diecast but , to my eyes there is too little and certainly some of the access covers lack any "edge" to them.   

Cheers

BOO

• Upvote 1

Future updates are unlikely. You guys are free to do what you want with the provided textures.

I might get back to it once the K4 is released, no promises though.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Future updates are unlikely.

This is terrible German news. :(

9 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Future updates are unlikely. You guys are free to do what you want with the provided textures.

I might get back to it once the K4 is released, no promises though.

its a shame

@DetCord12B

Sad to read this, but I hope the best for the future :(

You're needed in the community, so come back for sure!!!!

On 7/9/2018 at 3:49 AM, RaFiGer said:

@DetCord12B

Sad to read this, but I hope the best for the future :(

You're needed in the community, so come back for sure!!!!

I'm not leaving, mate. I just need to take a break from Photoshop and spend some actual time flying, which is something I haven't done in almost a year. I was only concentrated liveries and livery requests that I forgot what makes this sim and the developer support of it so amazing.

I did the same thing with Stellaris. I created a mod for that game that grew so exponentially to almost 70,000 subscribers that I stopped playing it and concentrated solely on modding. I forgot what playing the game was like and much like IL-2, I only booted it up to check my work. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

Me too. I got so focused on skinning that I stopped playing.

21 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

I'm not leaving, mate. I just need to take a break from Photoshop and spend some actual time flying, which is something I haven't done in almost a year. I was only concentrated liveries and livery requests that I forgot what makes this sim and the developer support of it so amazing.

I did the same thing with Stellaris. I created a mod for that game that grew so exponentially to almost 70,000 subscribers that I stopped playing it and concentrated solely on modding. I forgot what playing the game was like and much like IL-2, I only booted it up to check my work. 

I fall into the same routine. Great work as always Det! Looking awesome! We appreciate your contribution!

Jason

• Upvote 4

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:47 PM, DetCord12B said:

@DetCord12B

I can live with that and that is quit understandable, because also like Julian stated it happend!

But anyway... thx for staying with us :)

The A20 skins are fantastic! Now I can finally see them from inside the cockpit since I got BoK. Thanks for all of the skins! 

• Upvote 1

I received a lot of messages about this one. This was done merely for testing the updated weathering and nothing more, it is therefore incomplete and in my opinion, not fit for release. Given the requests made however, I'm dumping it here for anyone that would like it. Again, it is incomplete so please do not comment or post that something is not aligned or missing or that the weathering is jacked up. I'm well aware of all of it. No updates will be made and I can't promise the DL link will remain active for an extended period of time.

It is a historical pattern utilized and found on a G14 at an expeditionary airfield by the Allies towards the end of the war.

4K Template by RaFiGer.

Spoiler

KURpezO.png

DOWNLOAD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

This is the last test version for public release. Still quiet a few glaring issues with the weathering but I'm working on resolving them thanks to the observations provided by the userbase.

Another historical pattern found by advancing American troops in Austria.

DOWNLOAD

Spoiler

LfXiljw.png

eFV8azc.png

On 8/6/2018 at 8:00 PM, CUJO_1970 said:

^^Work of art^^

Thank you!

I wouldn't go even remotely that far. Merely okay, IMHO.

Still working on the observations listed by BOO and Yankee for the template as a whole. There are lots of texture connectivity problems with my weathering and shading as pointed out above. This means I'll need to actually go back in and fix the KG(J) 54 release eventually, which is probably going to consume a lot of time.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Fw-190 F8 added. This is a historical pattern and aircraft depicted herein. Features rust red sections denoting protective paint applied after extensive field repairs.

Spoiler

9xW2MUr.png

G14 WIP. Unknown if and when I'll release it.

Spoiler

tv6y85V.png

Edited by DetCord12B
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

11 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Fw-190 F8 added. This is a historical pattern and aircraft depicted herein. Features rust red sections denoting protective paint applied after extensive field repairs.

Reveal hidden contents

9xW2MUr.png

G4BwojI.png

QZEBliR.png

Hi Detcord, excellent work as usual.  Though there is a small bit of see through part on the engine part inside the cowling.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ICDP said:

Hi Detcord, excellent work as usual.  Though there is a small bit of see through part on the engine part inside the cowling.

Thanks mate, I'll check it out.

On 8/23/2018 at 1:03 PM, ICDP said:

IC, I'm not seeing it. Any chance you could post a screen for me?

Here you go Detcord.

The engine detail behind the cooling fan.  I have circled the offending area on the alpha layer and I fixed it by brightening that area a couple of ticks.

Alpha.JPG

Fix.jpg

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ICDP said:

Here you go Detcord.

The engine detail behind the cooling fan.  I have circled the offending area on the alpha layer and I fixed it by brightening that area a couple of ticks.

Yep... Cheers, matey. I'll get it taken care of and many thanks for the A8 template.

4 minutes ago, DetCord12B said:

and many thanks for the A8 template.

and for the beautiful F8 skin. :salute:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Added two additional textures and updated SG 10 Black 8. Make sure you delete the previous version of Black 8 as it will not overwrite given a new naming convention being utilized.

New additions.

Spoiler

FbgSG4B.png

sJPUxhG.png

1dlUQa9.png

SG 10 Black 8 changelog:

• Fixed the alpha channel issue.
  • Fixed the spinner (added quarter spinner).
  • Corrected missing surface repair sections.
  • Corrected certain camo irregularities on the upper surfaces.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Sorry gents, you'll need to ReDL the pack. I forgot the include the updated alpha that greatly reduces the reflectivity and renders a more matte appearance. That's if you want to download the update, you certainly don't have to.

3 hours ago, PatCartier said:

Great collection, wonderfull skins, thank you !

Cheers mate.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Great skins Det as usual. Hate to tell you but there's a little issue with the wingport guns I guess with the template? I don't know for sure. Here's a link to the issue by Asgar (4th from the bottom):

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/39176-fw190-a8-4096x4096-4k-bop-template-4k-bumpaps-released/

Superb work as always!!! Thanks.

This was posted by Asgar in the other thread.

52765476_gunports.thumb.JPG.6118d720d5c1c5b3d8e40be09519d7ee.jpg

Edited by Hopper64
  • Thanks 1

I have fixed that issue with the latest template (v3) release.