Jason_Williams

Nvidia Graphics Issues Post Here

hello

I have pre purchased IL2 1946 Batlle of Stalingrad Tank crew and I get yesterday the following error message

DX renderer 11 end frame // DXGI Erro device removed (=x887 A0005)

aNY IDEA WHAT THAT COULD BE ??

Regards

I also get this error (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) with version 3.005

My system:

I7-4790K

16 GByte DDR3-RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080 ti Gaming OC

Windows 10 Pro (Build 17134.165)

Nvidia-driver Version 391.35

I've played this game since it was release and had never any Problems. I hope there will be a solutions for this problem.

Hi there ! 

Reporting stuttering also, with sometime more than 100FPS !!! 

My rig : Win10 / I74790K @4Ghz / RAM 12Gb DDR3 / GTX970 / DD Samsung Evo SSD

I tried like every single thing, including the tweaks from Jason, but no so much results. I manage to reduce them somehow but to be honest stuttering was Worst in the lowest setting possible :(

Forest seems to affect it a lot, with a non fluid experience with micro pause, (probably a few miliseconds no more) , but it is really annoying and immersion breaking, 

Number of Ai and ground targets seems to affect it also. 

When monitoring , My CPU usage is around 20%, /  CG 60-70 % /  RAM : 50%

A fix would be welcome !

Thanks

I also get this error (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) with version 3.005

I’m using an gtx1070 ti and get pretty minimal gpu usauge was better before the last il2 update/hotfix and tips on getting it to perform better?

I might be the only one happy here, my ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ROG STRIX OC Edition VR Ready HDMI 2.0 DP 1.4 Graphic Card actually runs better with this last patch, it used to consistently give the error (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) which made me dial back the factory over-clocking to make the lock-up and error disappear.  Since the new game update I've had not one error . . . .

Yep, same here. I'm also getting the DXGI error with 3.05. Sometimes also described as a D3D error. Instability occurs most frequently when I bring up the in-game mission map. Game freezes up and I must use task manager to kill the game and Steam VR processes. I'm running a Geforce 1080 ti Founders Edition video card, no over-clock. My PC is over-clocked, but had been running stable for about a year. Now this. Ugh. I've posted the same in another thread. 

Edited by 1./KG4_EKat

After 3-20ish minutes in mission I get the DXGI Error:

First screen goes black, (I can still hear the plane buzzing and the crashing in the game) then I get these error windows:

DXRenderer11::endFrame(::)

DXGI_Error_device_removed(0x887a005)

and:

DXBufferMan11::vb(::)

and a few more, that I didn't manage to write down because they were obstructed by the previous ones.

My rig is: Win 7 / i7 950@3.07GHz / GTX 780 / 8GB ram

Current driver for gtx is 361.43

Hello, 

Just came back after a year MIA and I have some issues!

Every time I run the sim, monitor goes our of range. This can happen after some minutes of flight or just at login screen. 

I have never such a problem in the past.

I lowered settings to minimum , tried different versions of drivers, reinstalled the sim but the problem is still here. DCS and CoD runs as usual! 

GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590.

Thank you!

EDIT: I installed 388.13 drivers and looks fine at the moment.

Edited by 335th_GRSwaty
Solution

spiel stottert nach großen updates  GPU=geforce gtx titan x 

20 minutes ago, itsm said:

spiel stottert nach großen updates  GPU=geforce gtx titan x 

Das hier schonmal probiert?

Just a follow-up to my recent post to report that I was able to resolve the 'DXGI_Error_device_removed(0x887a005)' error. As I understand things, this error occurs when the video driver crashes. There is no single fix for this error as there are many possible causes of the video driver crashing. I used the checklist at this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis-Games/DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-REMOVED/td-p/1118490 and was able to figure out my particular driver crashing problem. In this case, on the Nvidia GPU Control Panel, where the 'Adjust Image Settings with Preview' panel my Nvidia console app had the preference set to 'Quality', vice 'Performance'. I set it to performance and the driver stopped crashing. 

Sometime, when I quit a multiplayer server, I got the a crash and the same messages since I updated my Nvidia driver 398.82 (date version:2018 08 01)

I have a nvidia 960m

Went through the list but no joy!

Installed  2017-05-17 drivers,  382.33 and seems OK now! Tested for a couple of days!

Just installed a new 2080 Ti with the 411.70 drivers and I'm getting that error that was listed above:

Any ideas? Thanks.

5 hours ago, Hopper64 said:

Just installed a new 2080 Ti with the 411.70 drivers and I'm getting that error that was listed above:

Any ideas? Thanks.

Are you using game version 3.006 ? I have for the last couple of days used the last game release 3.006 and the 411.63 nvidia driver on my 1080 TI - and have been able to complete 3 missions in the Blazing Steppe Campaign. This has never been possible for me before due to the random freezing. I had been using this driver 411.63 and had the freezing coming randomly until the new game version 3.006, so I thought that this was the big differentiator (the developer blog mentions a lot of graphical rework). Based on Hopper64's experience - I am not sure anymore - just feel lucky. What a tremendous joy to fly in VR without worrying when the next freeze will hit.! Hope it will stay that way....

1 hour ago, HrOlsen said:

Are you using game version 3.006 ? I have for the last couple of days used the last game release 3.006 and the 411.63 nvidia driver on my 1080 TI - and have been able to complete 3 missions in the Blazing Steppe Campaign. This has never been possible for me before due to the random freezing. I had been using this driver 411.63 and had the freezing coming randomly until the new game version 3.006, so I thought that this was the big differentiator (the developer blog mentions a lot of graphical rework). Based on Hopper64's experience - I am not sure anymore - just feel lucky. What a tremendous joy to fly in VR without worrying when the next freeze will hit.! Hope it will stay that way....

I think I fixed mine today by simply running dxsetup.exe in the game folder. I guess it was an issue with one of the DX files? Anyway, just got through with a quick mission on the summer Kuban map and it's very smooth with no crashes. Yes, I'm on 3.006. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Hopper64 said:

I think I fixed mine today by simply running dxsetup.exe in the game folder. I guess it was an issue with one of the DX files? Anyway, just got through with a quick mission on the summer Kuban map and it's very smooth with no crashes. Yes, I'm on 3.006. Thanks.

Good to know. Although I believe you have to do mission in career mode or a normal mission - to 'complete the test'. For some reason quick missions is not as 'hard' on the graphics as  career mode or a normal mission.  Wish you the best of luck with that. IL-2 VR is just the best VR experience to date !

1 hour ago, HrOlsen said:

Good to know. Although I believe you have to do mission in career mode or a normal mission - to 'complete the test'. For some reason quick missions is not as 'hard' on the graphics as  career mode or a normal mission.  Wish you the best of luck with that. IL-2 VR is just the best VR experience to date !

The problem actually occurred in the QMB. I was getting my error within a few seconds of the mission starting. The fact that it resolved after the d3d setup and I was able to complete a whole mission in the QMB suggests it’s fixed. :)

There seems to be an issue with the newer gen of nvidia drivers and the game when using Vive and Vive pro.  Anything post 397.64 ( 1080ti 64bit )  crashes the game after about an hour and a half of playing. With the most resent 2 drivers crashing the game and closing the app all together where as the previously it would just lock up your computer.  This I have 99.99% confirmed over the last two months with the only thing inducing the crash being the installation of post 397.64 drivers. All prior drivers used with the game runs stable with 0 issues with the vive pro.  From my research into the issue this seems to be an isolated issue having to do with IL2, Nvidia drivers.   Steam Vr being the need for the updating in the first place. 

With SteamVr forcing the beta on everyone this becoming a more apparent problem. There beta is optimized to use the newer gpu drivers which when neglecting to update the driver is causing issues with steamvr itself ( separate from the game crashing). This might be something worth looking into seeing how we now being forced from the stable version of Steam vr into there newer nonbeta previously beta version.  Besides the decrease in performance that has been documented with there newer version of the software which is disappointing in it own, the game can seem to run on the newer drivers that are needed for steamvr. Or at least not for long.  

D3D Error 

DXBufferMan11::vb(..)

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

EVGA GTX 780 SC 6GB

i5 4670K

Asus Maximus VII Ranger

Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600MHz

Windows 10 Home 64

Happens with latest Nvidia drivers and also with my current 399.24. Will have to stop my IL-2 purchases until the issue is either resolved or I will buy a new graphics card in a few years. I was just planning to get into this sim finally and buy all modules.

Edited by Ohotnik
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ohotnik said:

Will have to stop my IL-2 purchases until the issue is either resolved or I will buy a new graphics card in a few years.

You don't need to spend a bundle on a graphics card.

A 1070 would do wonders and they are fairly inexpensive now. I recommend faster RAM. 16Gb of 2400 or 3000 would be an improvement.

I just saw a good deal on GTX 1080 and gave up. I bought the 780 solely for IL-2 and wanted to focus on it since it couldn't properly handle DCS. The 1080 will handle DCS well and I will shift my focus more towards it now. If the 1080 will also crash in IL-2, then it will be time to quit stressing myself with it anymore.

According to my research, faster RAM is just not worth upgrading to, neither is overclocking it. I might overclock though if I have time to waste and want to squeeze the last funny frames out of my PC.

However, according to this and many other threads I've read, the problems are not solely on 780 series as many other cards suffer from it too, even if not so consistently. This thread was created by the producers for a reason. Everything should be done to see what's the root cause of the problem with Nvidia cards and then sit down people from Nvidia to resolve the issue.

These cards are still perfectly capable even with modern games and it's worth spending time on resolving this issue to not frustrate more and more customers. Nvidia still does support the 780 as the only fix in the 416.94 change log was to fix 780 freezing in Windows. I don't know why they don't care about IL-2 support though but an angry game developer should be worth listening to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ohotnik said:

If the 1080 will also crash in IL-2

Why should it?

This is an issue solely limited to the 780 and it's not exactly the IL-2 devs to blame it on, at least not alone.

:drinks:

Mike

As I recall Nvidia stopped supporting this card a bit too soon by some customers taste. Having at one time a 680 card myself flying smoothly in this game I honestly can understand why those with a newer card getting pissed. But this is not the devs fault. 780 cards have and had problems with many games

4 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

As I recall Nvidia stopped supporting this card a bit too soon by some customers taste. Having at one time a 680 card myself flying smoothly in this game I honestly can understand why those with a newer card getting pissed. But this is not the devs fault. 780 cards have and had problems with many games

Yea that's why I got rid of mine.  Up graded to a 980ti and then to 1080ti.  Still have the 980 and will use it for my new build for testing purposes before switching out with 1080ti.  At least that is my plan.

I run gtx1070 (see signature for full specs) latest drivers, (win10 home). Game currently uses about 4500MB video ram on my settings (max most stuff and i get 80fps+ most of time). Runs pretty stable.
My suggestion is turn every thing in game right down low, and test, if stable start turning stuff up, until you have problem.

I have worked in hardware/software support industry and best approach is minimize -> maximize when testing. (ie start as simple as possible and add stuff in)

That includes any background programs running (msi afterburner , steam overlay,etc)

One issue I have run into in past is low video ram (not my current card as it got 8G vid ram). You can use msi after burner to see load on various things (like cpu/vidoe cards ram and % usage etc).

The 780 only has 3G of ram so u want to run game well below that limit. (It should auto limit ram , BUT I'm my experiences in past its more stable if you do this yourself, rather than let drivers and game manage video ram overuse).

Video card memory in use (arrow) from MSI fter burner software.

(you can also see other stuff I have set to monitor for test purposes, cpu/gpu usage, system ram use , frame time etc)

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Stix_09
typo

Processor Intel Core i5-4590T 2.0 GHz
Processor Main Features 64 bit Quad-Core Processor
Cache Per Processor 6 MB L3 Cache
Memory 8 GB DDR3L 1600
Storage 1 TB SATA 6Gb/s
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX GPU 2 GB GDDR5
Wireless Card Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0
Power Supply 130W
Operating System Windows 8.1 64-Bit

CPU

CPU Type Intel Core i5
CPU Speed 4590T (2.00 GHz)
L3 Cache Per CPU 6 MB
CPU Main Features 64 bit Quad-Core Processor Max Turbo Frequency 3.0 GHz

Graphics

GPU/VGA Type NVIDIA GeForce GTX GPU 2 GB GDDR5

Memory

Memory Capacity 8 GB DDR3
Memory Speed DDR3L 1600
Memory Spec

4 GB x 2

Im having issues with FPS drops when zooming and some stuttering when looking around.  Could be trackir problem.  I’m able to run graphics high at 40-60.  I just don’t know how to configure Nvidea for best optimization to reduce that stuttering problem.  Can anyone help me with setting this up for the best performance for my specs.  Thanks 

I was excited to pick this game up finally and give it a try, but I can't play more than ~15 minutes before a DirectX crash. Reading through the forums, this appears to be a common problem since the game came out. Unfortunately I'll have to get a refund since it doesn't work on my system with a Titan Black and the developers don't seem to have any answers other than to be rude to people who can't play a game they paid for.

I have never experienced this problem.

Hundreds of others can run the game just fine. I suspect the problem is being caused somewhere on your end

Ensuring DirectX installation is updated should be a priority. It is not the game itself. 😐

I hope you find a solution to the problem. 

Hundreds of people can run the game ok so... there must not be a problem with the game? This is flawed logic. Most bugs are not encountered by the majority of any game's player base, but they are still problems with the game nevertheless.

The problem ONLY occurs in this particular game and I play many. There is nothing to indicate there is a problem with my DirectX installation. It is up-to-date. The problem occurs for a significant number of other people. Although I am sure it is a smaller % of those who own the game, that doesn't make "it is not the game itself" a logical conclusion.

Posted (edited)

My Game has freezed to times a row now. It had happened when im at options. It freezes. When I alt tab and go back my cursos moves normally but i can't click anything. Also game seems to be bit stuttering when flying. There is no error log after freeze.

My specs
cpu: I9 9900k
gpu: RTX2080
ram: 16gt ddr4
Game is installed to ssd.

Edited by LLv32_Korppi

Spent two months trying to stop a random stutter like a load pause occuring. Frames would drop from 100fps solid (fps limiter) to single figures for a few seconds to sometimes minutes. Upgraded my system with an SSD dedicated to Il2 and 16 Gb of Ram. Tried ClearMem utility and every piece of advice I could find on the net and here. Started cleaning up and shutting down background tasks. Used performance monitoring software. Drove me nuts - all to no avail. Finally decided to try CPUCores (available on Steam) even though I had no faith that it would do something I had not already tried. Pointed it at the Il2 exe, waited for a few minutes while the disc light flashed blue on the pc indicating that something was happening and then once it stopped flickering, launched the Il-2.exe manually with a double click.  Smooth as silk and no more frame drops and stuttering since then. Brilliant! Considering I was prepared to upgrade my cpu and then my gpu to solve the problem this has saved me a fortune never mind my sanity. It may help you if you have a similar issue. GL.

On 1/6/2019 at 1:44 PM, LLv32_Korppi said:

Do you mean Cpucores :maximize your fps wich costs 14.99€?
What are your system specs? I mean i wonder if it really works for me too?

Don't waste money.

--> 

Bottom line is: We've been there long time ago.

Anything that CPUCores does, FUMS does for free:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,59488.0.html

It (FUMS) might indeed help with microstutters in case your system is affected by lag induced from core parking.

Either case, this is definitely not worth spending a single dollar on.

:drinks:

Mike

• Thanks 3

Hi all,

In the very last few days I have also experienced two times the D3D ERROR DXRenderer11::endFrame(..) DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (0x887a0005) issue. If I remember well, both times watching record tracks (or at least the last time).

My rig is brand new, using a EVGA 2080 Ti (never experienced before, even in my older rig. Only in the version 3.009).

Do you think the following tutorial may fix the issue?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWAVe1km_g

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Navarro

Ok, quite simply I figured out the problem of why my Alienware 17 R3 were having issues, there were times I noticed bad stuttering as the aircraft on display rotated around on home screen, which then lead to poor in game performances. 

The machine has the Intel Core i7-6700HQ and built into this CPU is a Intel HD Graphics 530. 

The main grapic card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (3GB GDDR5) 

So the problem here was that the machine would periodically switch to the CPU grapics (Intel 530) and not use the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. So all I had to do was go onto NVIDIA settings and disable using the 530 and go solely with the GTX 970. I have had no issue since. This may not work with all machines but if your system is like mine then this might help.

• Like 1