Jason_Williams

Nvidia Graphics Issues Post Here

On 15/04/2018 at 11:28 AM, EAF_T_Therion said:

Hi,

supposing your GTX770 has 4GB of VRam, I'd say your settings are much too ambitious although I do not know what type CPU you have.

Try the following:

Inkedimage.thumb_LI.jpg.13489d62a0cb41efe1341c47c54706c9.jpg

1. Untick the Full screen option

2. Select Use 4K textures (according to Jason Williams strongly suggested! - and by the way it really helps)

3. Lower this value to 70 km - you've got only 4 GB VRam

4. Set it to 2 - it helps a lot and your game still looks very nice

And last but not least change your preset from ULTRA to HIGH. The difference in eye-candy here is not dramatical! Your game still looks very good

and more important your flying experience will increase again. Have a go, mate.

Cheerio

Thank you very much Therion for taking the time to post this - I have applied those settings as suggested and from what I can tell so far it has fixed the fps issue, and the game pretty much looks as good as it did to my eyes.  Thank you again, I really appreciate it.

Looking at the performance log in Task Manager when running the game (screenshots below), it seems as if my GPU is the weakest link/ bottleneck.  I am considering an upgrade, possibly to a GTX1070, if prices come down.  However, any thoughts on the GTX770 SLI option?  Although I guess I might need more than a 750W PSU, based upon what I have read...

Kuban map, settings on Ultra (45 fps):

image.png.50f8f02fe598fac56c965fee8a1e2379.png

Map (don't know the name) on the same server causing similar issues, but with settings as suggested above (e.g. 'High')  (58-60 fps):

image.png.5d06512aa55894759eb38c1dad8e21f3.png

With Gtx 770 sli you will always be limited to (lowest) Vram of one card, rather sell your 770 and do a single upgrade, I am almost certain you will be happier, also newer generation cards are much less power hungry 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

10 hours ago, McPetterson said:

Still have d3d error with my gyx 780 ti, it's really frustrating

Oh, my god. Do you guys really can't read the forum? This error is more than 1 year old. Just accept that nothing will be done with it. It may be resolved only accidentally. To be able to play, follow this:

Hi all! I've found, that the latest working driver for GK110's (Titan and 780) is 359.06. No D3D_ERRORs, but there are some stutters, which is normal for this game, as I can see, reading the forum.

Edited by DmitryFX

Hi all! I've found, that the latest working driver for GK110's (Titan and 780) is 359.06. No D3D_ERRORs, but there are some stutters, which is normal for this game, as I can see, reading the forum.

Yes, and what about win 10 user ?

5 hours ago, DmitryFX said:

Oh, my god. Do you guys really can't read the forum? This error is more than 1 year old. Just accept that nothing will be done with it. It may be resolved only accidentally. To be able to play, follow this

I'm afraid you're right they won't fix it I guess

23 hours ago, DmitryFX said:

Oh, my god. Do you guys really can't read the forum? This error is more than 1 year old. Just accept that nothing will be done with it. It may be resolved only accidentally. To be able to play, follow this:

Why should i accept that i can't play a game that i payed money for without using the newest drivers?? this is just dumb when i could play it maybe 2 years ago with no problem at all this is a problem for a lot of people and the devs should do something about it..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LMGmaana2820 said:

Why should i accept that i can't play a game that i payed money for without using the newest drivers?? this is just dumb when i could play it maybe 2 years ago with no problem at all this is a problem for a lot of people and the devs should do something about it..

Believe me: there is no way to make the devs fix it. Neither forum error reports nor asking the tech support helps. It's just a business, nothing personal, but it's a real shame for me, that my countrymen behave in such a way.

I've installed Win7 with the old drivers to another HDD and rarely launch the game to see if they have fixed the microstutters at least.

Edited by DmitryFX

I can't even start the game launcher (BoS from Steam, all up to date) when using Nvidia graphics. I get the usual '...has encountered an error...' message from Windows about a second after double clicking the icon - there's a brief flash of black screen and thats it, back to desktop.  My laptop uses an Intel 4600/Nvidia GT740M Optimus set up and I can fly if I disable the Nvidia chip - at a massive 20FPS with everything on low and dialled down resolution.  Is there any known fix for this or do I need to get a new laptop just to be able to see ground targets at more than 50m distance?  Its Windows 10 with latest Intel and Nvidia drivers.  I'm not expecting to be able to run with Ultra everything but 30FPS at native resolution would be nice.

For what its worth, other games work fine with reasonable levels of detail including one that only launched this week.

On 23/04/2018 at 4:41 PM, McPetterson said:

Still have d3d error with my gyx 780 ti, it's really frustrating

Man, I also use the GTX780 and I am almost 1 year without playing. I did not want to use an older version of nvidia driver, because I also use other games, but it was the last resort. At the moment I'm using version 359.06 and I had no problems ... for now.

Sorry for the poor English rsrs.

On 28.3.2018 at 2:00 PM, =88IAP=Andre- said:

Since 3.001 i already had this mistake twice:

DXerror.png.211f76a5cea1e6095a0fdf2bfff2113b.png

My video card: Geforce GTX580 1.5GB :dry:

Diver: 391.35

usually 30-50 FPS

The same problem here since the update 3.001!
Of course, it's easy to say that Nvidia has changed something.
The fact is that no other program, game or simulation has any problems with the current Nvidia video drivers that close security holes!

Look here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4649#software-security-updates
Only BoS makes problems.
It may well not be that you have to install 2.5 years old Nvidia graphics card driver so that BoS works on Nvidia graphics cards of the 700 series including GTX Titan or as an alternative to buy a new graphics card!

My video card: Geforce GTX Titan 6 GB

Driver: 397.31

On 07/05/2018 at 12:04 AM, Amarok said:

As it seems, nothing will happen, right?

I'm afraid you're right, dev just don't care, that's a shame for an expansive game. Trust me I won't buy any games anymore from them.

Now i'm playing DCS WW2 and it's so much better, you should do the same. 

Best

• Like 1

10 hours ago, McPetterson said:

I'm afraid you're right, dev just don't care, that's a shame for an expansive game.

I wouldn't say that this is entirely true. If you take into account EVERY problem that EVERYONE has then you would need an absolute army of people to deal with each individual case. Personally I find the interaction/reactions between the Users and the Devs to be some of the best that I personally have ever come across. To state that the Devs 'just don't care' is entirely wrong, not to mention untruthful.

13 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

I wouldn't say that this is entirely true. If you take into account EVERY problem that EVERYONE has then you would need an absolute army of people to deal with each individual case. Personally I find the interaction/reactions between the Users and the Devs to be some of the best that I personally have ever come across. To state that the Devs 'just don't care' is entirely wrong, not to mention untruthful.

I hope you're right, but actually they don't make any sign of life for this problem which has been going on since years ... My feeling is they just close their eyes on it :(

46 minutes ago, McPetterson said:

I hope you're right

I'm sure it isn't a case of that, really. If stuff can be fixed then eventually it usually DOES to be fair. So what you're saying is that you have to use old Nvidia drivers for the game to run at all?... Seems kinda weird does that. There is of course the fact that the video cards themselves have a finite lifespan. If say you have a 5 year-old GPU and are running the latest games on them then you must expect some sort of disadvantage, surely? Now I'm not saying that this is the case with you but it certainly applies to some people. I'm sure that if there IS a solutionj then it must be possible to work out some sort of workaround on the forum somehow? I guess (of course) if there ISN'T a workaround then that also will become apparent but honestly, name me ONE gaming forum that is glaringly more constructive than this one? I for one haven't found one so far!

Sorry to sound quite so lazy but please, can you just post up to me exactly what the problem actually IS (in your particular case)?

Cheers

Rap

On 25/04/2018 at 7:05 AM, 420maana2820 said:

A LOT has happened in the game and it's makeup in the last 2 years, to be honest...

My 780 committed suicide, so I had to buy a new card - I went for  GTX 1060 6GB; had to wait for it for more than one month, but now I can finally play without any problems...

32 minutes ago, ST_ami7b5 said:

My 780 committed suicide, so I had to buy a new card - I went for  GTX 1060 6GB; had to wait for it for more than one month, but now I can finally play without any problems...

Shame you had to shell out mate, but glad you got sorted :)

My 'borrowed' 980 goes back to it's owner next week, so it's back to the old problem again for me  :(

5 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Shame you had to shell out mate, but glad you got sorted :)

My 'borrowed' 980 goes back to it's owner next week, so it's back to the old problem again for me  :(

Trooper, where located? I have a 980Ti 6G sitting around replaced by a 1080Ti 11G.  If interested let me know.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, ST_ami7b5 said:

I went for  GTX 1060 6GB

Good card, especially for the price! I have the same one and it works for me!

4 hours ago, Taxman said:

Trooper, where located? I have a 980Ti 6G sitting around replaced by a 1080Ti 11G.  If interested let me know.

Thanks for the generous offer Taxman, I'm in the UK, but as fate would have it, I have already got hold of a GTX 1060 6G... but cheers for thinking of helping me, it is much appreciated  :salute:

• Upvote 1

Hey guys I have a ASUS GTX1060 and am now getting this error as well, scratching my head trying to figure it out.  Installed new drivers 397.93 today and still does the same thing, thinking of going back to drivers where this problem was not occurring.  This is happening with the new patch and the last one as well . . . .

Update, after reading some other posts for different games experiencing the same issue it appears it might be related to cards which are factory overclocked like mine.  I'm manually tuning it back and will test to see if it works, will post either way my results.

Edited by II./JG77_Hund
Update

5 minutes ago, =362nd_FS=Hiromachi said:

I just had the same crash as indicated few posts above. My system is in the signature, newest nvidia drivers (installed this morning):

AqO5HB.png

I finally ditched my 7xx series card a few months ago for a 1050Ti. At the time prices were sky high on anything better but I haven't had a crash since the upgrade. This could be disastrous for the IL-2 franchise if newer cards start exhibiting the issue. 

Win10 64 bit

GeForce 780

Currently running 365.10 driver

Getting the same two error pop ups as seen above.

Have tried about a dozen different drivers and the only difference is the amount of time it takes for the game to crash.

With the current driver the game will run approximately 10 to 12 minutes before it crashes, with the latest driver it took less than 1 minute.

Turned the detail down quite a bit but it didn't seem to make any difference. 

Didn't have any problems what so ever till the 3.003 update.

Wish the problem had shown up sooner before I wasted 80 bucks on Bodenplatte.

(EDIT)

Turned all the detail down as low as it would go and flew for 31 minutes before the game crashed.

Edited by AKA_WOLF

There is no fix for this... the video card makers have persistently ignored requests for a fix... the dev team say it's a fault from Nvidia and there is nothing they can do about it either.

In the end I had to invest in another card, but if the 10 series cards are now getting the same problems I'm not sure what the outcome to that will be  :(

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

There is no fix for this... the video card makers have persistently ignored requests for a fix... the dev team say it's a fault from Nvidia and there is nothing they can do about it either.

In the end I had to invest in another card, but if the 10 series cards are now getting the same problems I'm not sure what the outcome to that will be  :(

Yes they said it's nvidia fault but this error appear only on their games ... so yeah, nvidia's fault .............

Well, Jason and team have pulled a lot of stuff out of the hat for us since he took over... I'm sure if it was fixable from their side they would have done something about it.

Still, it was a headache for me for many months, but when I had enough money to upgrade my card I haven't had a similar problem so far... (touch wood)

Gtx 780/ti line of cards have a long history of issues in more than just BoS series 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Dakpilot said:

Gtx 780/ti line of cards have a long history of issues in more than just BoS series 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

I have it since november 2013, I haven't had a single issue on it, and I played lot of games 

• Like 1

Excuse me. Yesterday I played all evening without problems, not today.

I havea GTX970 card. This card shows 4 Gb but on real it only has 3,5.  

I have lowered some parameters to use less than 3.5 and to keep stable the FPS. But when i lower the graphics i lose stability aand i start to have shutering on the game. That is not happening to me on ULTRA. To lower for example the grass quality make this isue happen to me. I will keep testing parameters to see what afffects but is weird that the game runs better at max graffic than on a lower config. 

• Upvote 1

Annoying Microstuttering despitet being installed on a SSD

GTX 1080 TI. Actual drivers

Hello,

This is my first post but this bug is so annoying that I also request the help of developpers. I have a good rig (I7 950 @4 GHZ, 12 Go RAM, 1080TI). All my sims run very smooth at max setting except IL2. I have test all settings (camera, joystick filter, nvidia settings, IL2 graphic settings ...etc). I even test all optimization advices from LEMON (HPET on/off, graphic card in MSI mode, timer tool to reduce latency...). Optimisations reduce a little micro stutter but it does not remove it. I have the G940 (stick throtlle and pedal).

We really need the help of these talentuous developpers (Yes, this game is wonderfull!!!!!) to really squash this bug.

Please Devs... make another miracle!!!

After hours of test, setup on my computer,   I have recently found something which greatly improved fluidity and mostly removed microstutter in singleplayer mode ( campaign, qmb, single mission) . In multiplayer, i still have some micro stutter. I used Rtss (RIVATUNER STATISTIC SERVER) and set frame limiter to 45 / 50 fps and deactivate v sync in game. As mentioned in my post, I also applied LEMON advices (msi mode for graphic card, hpet off, low latency,  etc...)

Try it, may be it will solved this very unconfortable microstutter on your rig.

Hope this helps community 

Sorry for my bad english...and congratulations for the best WW2 flight sim I have ever play...

Merci par avance

Bonne soirée

Edited by AFsparrow1968
Add info

On 6/28/2018 at 6:51 PM, RickVic said:

Annoying Microstuttering despitet being installed on a SSD

GTX 1080 TI. Actual drivers

It's because of latest driver. I had similar issues after installing 398.36, having about 15-20 FPS less and stutters. My suggestion for you is to delete with DDU 398.36 and get back to 398.11. I did that and works as good as before. 

Hello hiromachi,

It is strange because for me last driver 398.36 seems better than 398.11. But i am a little bit lost with all computer and il2 parameters which can affect sim smoothness. There is still few stutter but it is sustainable. 

I have noticed a small thing during flying. When stutter start to appear , I switch H key and F2 key on and off several times and stutter disappear....very strange but it works??

My Nvidia settings are a copy of SAS STOREBOR  gentleman but I forgot the exact post reference.

My il2 settings are all maxed in full screen except shadow at high and mirrors to low.

I think in any way that many people encounter these Microstutters whatever settings, drivers, low latency settings...etc even on powerful computers. There is definitely something wrong in data treatment between il2 source code , Windows OS,  Nvidia driver. It is not normal that we have to play with all these parameters without really significant results to eradicate microstutter. 

But let's hope Developpers will have a deep look in this issue which really kill this fabulous WW2 sim.

Bonne soiree a tous

hello

I have pre purchased IL2 1946 Batlle of Stalingrad Tank crew and I get yesterday the following error message

DX renderer 11 end frame // DXGI Erro device removed (=x887 A0005)

aNY IDEA WHAT THAT COULD BE ??

Regards