Jason_Williams

Nvidia Graphics Issues Post Here

IL2.exe crashes if you select 4K textures and your graphics card doesn't have enought RAM. Like mine 970 for instance. When I unticked 4k textures, no more crashes occured.

i have a 970 no problems here . latest drivers 

GTX 1060 with 390.77 drivers and the game does not accept mouse input and keyboard input. Is there possible connection?

The game starts with 90-95fps (quick mission, 1000m, my plane only, Kuban map). It continues with this frame rate until I press "GUI display" button/key, then it drops to 60-65fps. Pressing it again does not revert to 95fps, I need to restart the game to have 90fps again (until i press 'GUI display' button for the first time...). With "clouds on" both rates are much lower (55 / 35fps, respectively).

I have updated nvidia driver from 388.71 to 391.01, no joy. I have changed various game settings - no improvement.

As far as I can remember this error appeared earlier in my system (before 2.011) and was cured, when you have resolved low performance/crashing issue with 760/780 cards.

System specs are in my footer.

---

I started to get D3D Error: DXrenderer11::endFrame (..) DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED (0x887a0005), so I replaced the driver with the oldest i could find 381.89. Now i have terrible stutters, as 2fps or the game seems to stop at all so I crash my plane before it is back to normal. Stutters appear randomly.

---

I have D3D Errors also with 381.89 driver (every 3-10 minutes or so), so the game is unplayable for me now.

In quick mission, adding more aircrafts = heavy stuttering (but average FPS does not change)

-----

See here, it seems it is the same kind of trouble as we have in earlier versions:

Edited by NoMoreSteam
/continuation/

19 hours ago, II./JG77_Con said:

i have a 970 no problems here . latest drivers 

thanks, then it must be something else.

please run ccleaner and reinstall drivers some times the latest is not always the best for your card ,ive  just add another 970 to go sli and have no problems running the game biggest problem is multiplayer . 

Edited by II./JG77_Con

now after crash 4 days ago I have no crash ( offline) no try online

The crashing would be bad enough if wasn't for the fact that it completely locks up my computer. Resulting in a cold restart. This will occur the second the first mission in any campaign opens and will occur randomly in single missions as well. BOS BLITZ runs perfectly I cant understand it.  Using Nvidia Drvs 391.01 GTX 950. Also using the steam version.

1 hour ago, merlin851526 said:

it completely locks up my computer

have you tried Ctrl+Alt+Del and then Start task manager - > end il2.exe process?

1 hour ago, NoMoreSteam said:

have you tried Ctrl+Alt+Del and then Start task manager - > end il2.exe process?

Ah yeah tried everything. Re-downloaded the game again to do a bit of testing. It will crash 100% on mission start on career mode playing Russian. And randomly playing German. Very frustrating the way you lose control of your computer over a game. Suffice to say that was my last time downloading it not wasting anymore of my time with it. Moreover it's a shame because I'm a huge fan of the series and I personally like Stalingrad over BLITZ and subsequently I'm not at all sure that I'll buy Kuban now.

Edited by merlin851526

8 minutes ago, merlin851526 said:

I'm not at all sure that I'll buy Kuban now.

i can play 10 min maximum - then there is a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED... i hope it will be hotfixed soon, so wait :excl:

@DmitryFX huge thanks: i have a gtx titan too and the drivers you posted now let me play at ultra quality in 1920 without the error_device_removed problem. Its sad cause i cant use shadowplay and record /stream with it since drivers are too old, but at least i can play again il2 until i change my gpu

On 3/18/2018 at 12:05 PM, merlin851526 said:

The crashing would be bad enough if wasn't for the fact that it completely locks up my computer. Resulting in a cold restart. This will occur the second the first mission in any campaign opens and will occur randomly in single missions as well. BOS BLITZ runs perfectly I cant understand it.  Using Nvidia Drvs 391.01 GTX 950. Also using the steam version.

GTX 950 got 2G vram right ? game is running more or less 3g depending the setting here.

go in driver tab and use high performance texture, and tick on  texture filtering optimization settings , it will reduce Vram utilization , not sure it will be enough for the gtx 950 tough,

lower resolution could help too

8 hours ago, =GEMINI=StrawLegacy said:

@DmitryFX Its sad cause i cant use shadowplay and record /stream with it since drivers are too old, but at least i can play again il2 until i change my gpu

Hi! Glad to help you. Enjoy!)

By the way, you can download an old version of the OBS studio from their archive. I can't remember the exact version number, just find out the driver release date and look for the OBS version, released approximately at that time. I'm able to stream without any problems.

Edited by DmitryFX

Owners of the GTX 780 .anyone interested report:latest updates after driver 353,62 windows 10 64 bit-not suitable because of the lag ,freezes...set 358,91 ,everything works as it should,no errors DXRenderer11-for the second day

Edited by 72AG_ZemA77

I installed il2 on a new windows 10 install , Nvidia 1060   and I get freezing on the loading page every time  in quick mission,  campaign mode or any offline  gameplay.  Have to control alt delete and then it won't shut down, have to shut down the computer  manually. Sometimes I can play multiplayer  but now that too is freezing in the  loading screen. I also get the  no internet source warning  when the game starts up but then it let's me play multiplayer. Sometimes.I did notice on install  I got  the message that Microsoft framework  can't be installed because there is a more updated version in  the  computer. Could this be my problem? If I delete microsoft frameworks and do a reinstall will I then use the game version?  Really liking the latest patch , hopefully you folks can fix it .

Edited by pencon

On 3/28/2018 at 2:00 PM, =88IAP=Andre- said:

Since 3.001 i already had this mistake twice:

DXerror.png.211f76a5cea1e6095a0fdf2bfff2113b.png

My video card: Geforce GTX580 1.5GB :dry:

Diver: 391.35

usually 30-50 FPS

I had that problem all the time on GTX 780 in career mode,  after week of tweeking graphics I got rid of it by reducing frontline activity to minimum(?). Hope it helps someone.

FIX CONFIRMED!

Video: GTX 780

Driver: 358.91 (make sure that you use Custom installation and toggle 'Clean installation' box)

Settings: Extreme

Everything works fine. Was able to play 2 hours straight with no issues. Average FPS 40-60 (VSync on/off doesn't really matter)

Video Card: GTX 780

Driver:391.01

Settings: Balanced

2 min before crash whenever in-game. Receive device removed error.

I'm not very good with computers, and websites, i bought the game only a few hours ago, is there a refund process?

39 minutes ago, rambomedic said:

Video Card: GTX 780

Driver:391.01

Settings: Balanced

2 min before crash whenever in-game. Receive device removed error.

I'm not very good with computers, and websites, i bought the game only a few hours ago, is there a refund process?

With Windows tweaking and installation of new software, be sure to run Defrag on your OS drive and software installation drive if you have older drives.  For Solid State Drives, run the TRIM command from drive Properties - Tools - Optimise option.

Windows is not happy at 2% plus fragmentation and NTFS is notorious for making a mess of ones drives over time.

3 minutes ago, blitze said:

With

- totally foolish advice. Same, as kicking the wheel if your car seems broken.

For 780's, follow this:
On 16.03.2018 at 3:41 AM, DmitryFX said:

Hi all! I've found, that the latest working driver for GK110's (Titan and 780) is 359.06. No D3D_ERRORs, but there are some stutters, which is normal for this game, as I can see, reading the forum.

1 minute ago, DmitryFX said:
- totally foolish advice. Same, as kicking the wheel if your car seems broken.

No, it would be more like checking the radiator or oil levels if you car over heats or seizes up.

Basic computer maintenance can go a long way to solving crash issues with Windows.  Not like we are using Mac OS-X, Linux or BSD's here.

Windows 10 should not be crash locking up or complaining of device removal if it's file structure is in good health.  When ever one installs a large piece of software or removes it, it is advised to defrag / TRIM the computers drives.  But hey, I'm not the one having hardware / software trouble am I?? :cool:

On 28.3.2018 at 2:00 PM, =88IAP=Andre- said:

Since 3.001 i already had this mistake twice:

DXerror.png.211f76a5cea1e6095a0fdf2bfff2113b.png

My video card: Geforce GTX580 1.5GB :dry:

Diver: 391.35

usually 30-50 FPS

I have this exact same error, but I'm using a GTX 1080.

So far IL-2 has become unplayable for me.

DxDiag.txt

few time i had this exact problem i fixed it reducing a bit my overcloked video card, Vram most likely, and if not that, deleted all redistributable in my add/remove program section of window. and re installing all redistributable with all in one package did the job, cant remember which one i used but it is easy to find on the net, be sure it is updated (2017 should be in)

good luck

I frequently encounter a bug making A20 Bombers invisible time and again - just setup a quick mission with 2x 4 A20 Bombers, and try to engage them - you will encounter that some of them will become invisible, why others stay there being visible constantly.

GPU: nVidia GTX 980

Driver 8.1.940.0

Full detail.

Display: Oculus Rift CV1

I have the following graphics hardware (copied below), and since the latest update (3.001) I've been experiencing performance issues, particularly online.  Before the 3.001 update I never had any such issues.

I've also copied my graphics settings below, which I have not adjusted for years.  As I say, performance prior to the last update performance was really good (no issues).

The issues I'm now experiencing are stuttering/ very poor frame-rate, particularly online on a certain map (I don't know the name of it, but its a summer-time map on the EU DED server where both teams air-start above mountains, by the coast & a large town).  I also get the same performance issues if I play offline with 15 other AI planes (8 vs 8).  As I say, never had these issues prior to the last update.

Has the 3.001 updated changed anything in this regard?  Are there any fixes I can try?

image.png.7f9a9c67dad3c2985b7e53c2dbd610e9.png

image.png.18f7b31f099cb322fe004f1f529f0118.png

image.thumb.png.ef03e7914922cfd83e783ed451529f3b.png

30 minutes ago, Outtathaway said:

I have the following graphics hardware (copied below), and since the latest update (3.001) I've been experiencing performance issues, particularly online.  Before the 3.001 update I never had any such issues.

I've also copied my graphics settings below, which I have not adjusted for years.  As I say, performance prior to the last update performance was really good (no issues).

The issues I'm now experiencing are stuttering/ very poor frame-rate, particularly online on a certain map (I don't know the name of it, but its a summer-time map on the EU DED server where both teams air-start above mountains, by the coast & a large town).  I also get the same performance issues if I play offline with 15 other AI planes (8 vs 8).  As I say, never had these issues prior to the last update.

Has the 3.001 updated changed anything in this regard?  Are there any fixes I can try?

Kuban (the map you refer to) is graphically heavier than the rest. Tick the 4K texture box, although counter intuitive, has helped a lot of players too. try also toggling the full screen on/off keeping vsync on. Counter intuitive again i know. I reinstalled the game and found it ran much better. Others have too. Some optimisations are potentially coming in the next 3-4 weeks but the extent or impact isn't known. 

Reshade seemed to conflict with my headtracking too even though I only used the vibrance preset. Uninstalling this and reinstalling the game made the HT very smooth. Reintroducing it brought back the stutter which didn't go until I performed another re-uninstall. 

Overall, I did reduce my own pre-sets from high to balanced and then altered some setting in the luascript that are available if you use Coconuts Cloud Mod.

For me the game runs smooth at plus 60fps in SP and campaign (on a GTX1060 though)

19 minutes ago, BOO said:

For me the game runs smooth at plus 60fps in SP and campaign (on a GTX1060 though)

Good ol' GTX1060. A man after me own heart. I think I'm gonna try the reinstall trick as well because after tweak tweak tweak I honestly can't remember what's good and what's not!!

Help!!!

What is indicated in the post is what is happening to me, and I can not solve it.

i7 8700k

SSd 500

Aorus 1060 6gb Driver v391.365

16gb Ram DDR 4 3000

Ayuda!!

Lo indicado en el post  es lo que me esta pasando, y no logro resolverlo.

Gracias. 

On 3/15/2018 at 8:41 PM, DmitryFX said:

Hi all! I've found, that the latest working driver for GK110's (Titan and 780) is 359.06. No D3D_ERRORs, but there are some stutters, which is normal for this game, as I can see, reading the forum.

Just wanted to confirm this has been my own experience too. Using the 359.06 driver and have been able to play BoS crash-free (GTX 780Ti, Win 7x64). Even trying somewhat more recent (but still quite old!) driver like 368.81 was giving me the dreaded D3D_Error crash. But 359.06 really seems to work. 

• Upvote 1

On 07/04/2018 at 11:18 AM, BOO said:

Kuban (the map you refer to) is graphically heavier than the rest. Tick the 4K texture box, although counter intuitive, has helped a lot of players too. try also toggling the full screen on/off keeping vsync on. Counter intuitive again i know. I reinstalled the game and found it ran much better. Others have too. Some optimisations are potentially coming in the next 3-4 weeks but the extent or impact isn't known. 

Reshade seemed to conflict with my headtracking too even though I only used the vibrance preset. Uninstalling this and reinstalling the game made the HT very smooth. Reintroducing it brought back the stutter which didn't go until I performed another re-uninstall. 

Overall, I did reduce my own pre-sets from high to balanced and then altered some setting in the luascript that are available if you use Coconuts Cloud Mod.

Thanks for this, much appreciated.  I've tried the reinstall, so will check it out later to see if there is an improvement online, on the kuban map. 

I also notice that I now get - what I think must be - an fps count in the top right corner whilst in-game (small green numbers),  although perhaps it is something else.  If it is fps, then - post reinstallation - I now get 50 - 60 fps, offline, 8vs8, with the settings noted above.  I have no idea what I did to get this report , but if it is fps it's helpful. 

My pc is about 5 yrs old now.  as a relatively cheap upgrade, would adding a 2nd gtx 770 'sli' make much difference? 

Many thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outtathaway said:

Thanks for this, much appreciated.  I've tried the reinstall, so will check it out later to see if there is an improvement online, on the kuban map. 

I also notice that I now get - what I think must be - an fps count in the top right corner whilst in-game (small green numbers),  although perhaps it is something else.  If it is fps, then - post reinstallation - I now get 50 - 60 fps, offline, 8vs8, with the settings noted above.  I have no idea what I did to get this report , but if it is fps it's helpful. 

My pc is about 5 yrs old now.  as a relatively cheap upgrade, would adding a 2nd gtx 770 'sli' make much difference? 

Many thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Hi mate - its an in game FPS counter - you can toggle using the Backspace key. 

Cant answer the question about SLI. Hopefully someone can. You might also want to try older NVidia drivers. I know a lot of 780 users cant get along with newer drivers but I think their issues are wider ranging and may not even effect other 700 series cards. Even so, knocking back the drivers to the 368 series is the work of a couple of minutes to see if that improves anything also. 

2 hours ago, BOO said:

Hi mate - its an in game FPS counter - you can toggle using the Backspace key. 

Cant answer the question about SLI. Hopefully someone can. You might also want to try older NVidia drivers. I know a lot of 780 users cant get along with newer drivers but I think their issues are wider ranging and may not even effect other 700 series cards. Even so, knocking back the drivers to the 368 series is the work of a couple of minutes to see if that improves anything also. 

Thanks mate, I appreciate the info. I'll look into the older drivers. 

Tempted to try the sli if I can pick up a used gtx 770 for a decent price. 

On 7/4/2018 at 8:18 AM, BOO said:

What driver are you using?

Thank you.

8 hours ago, GAE_Charrua said:

What driver are you using?

Thank you.

On 7.4.2018 at 11:39 AM, Outtathaway said:

I have the same problem when on the EU DED Server. Haven't tried other Servers though. I get those stutters only when there are clouds on the map. As long as there are no planes in view it runs smooth,as soon as there are planes it starts to stutter,the FPS are always on the high side,never dropping when the stutters show up. It doesn't matter what Graphic settings I choose,it's always the same,be it Ultra or Low. I run a I5 4690k,GTX 970 and 16GB RAM on Windows 7. I will install the newest Nvidia driver when I have some time,maybe it helps.

Edited by ST_Pirato

On 07/04/2018 at 11:39 AM, Outtathaway said:

Hi,

supposing your GTX770 has 4GB of VRam, I'd say your settings are much too ambitious although I do not know what type CPU you have.

Try the following:

Inkedimage.thumb_LI.jpg.13489d62a0cb41efe1341c47c54706c9.jpg

1. Untick the Full screen option

2. Select Use 4K textures (according to Jason Williams strongly suggested! - and by the way it really helps)

3. Lower this value to 70 km - you've got only 4 GB VRam

4. Set it to 2 - it helps a lot and your game still looks very nice

And last but not least change your preset from ULTRA to HIGH. The difference in eye-candy here is not dramatical! Your game still looks very good

and more important your flying experience will increase again. Have a go, mate.

Cheerio